Shadow Creek, Las Vegas

GolfAddictShang

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Played there a about 18mo ago. The rate was around $400. I personally think there is better golf for the money in Vegas. Im out there once a year to visit my gf's family. I always play Piaute its got 3 sweet Dye courses, and this time of year is usually about $100 play all day. AWESOME COURSES!!

Second on my list is Bears Best, its a Nicklaus design of his best 18holes from West of the Mississippi. All the topography/grass/sand/trees etc are designed for the location that hole is from originally, its one of a kind, truley.

Zac

[quote name='GolfAddictShang' timestamp='1280690798' post='2611604']
I heard nothing but great reviews about this exclusive course. I'm actually going to be staying at MGM this time and was wondering what the procedure is to get a tee-time. What is the green fee weekday or weekend? Thanks.
[/quote]

The greens fee is 500$ year round it never changes. This includes limo transportation to and from your MGM Mirage owned hotel to the course in North Las Vegas. To get a tee time just call the concierge at the MGM and they will take care of you. Others will say it is not worth it but I think it is. The course is in impeccable condition and it is unlike anywhere else you will every play. You do not feel like you are in Las Vegas at all while playing there.

Badlands - Crazy difficult target desert golf! If you want a true target experience play Diablo and Desperado 9's.

Between Legacy & Painted Desert - Legacy has more elevation changes and is more interesting, but really both are nothing special - not bad but not all that great either,

Driver PXG GEN4 0811x (9) / Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro White
Fairway:  PXG GEN4 (13) / 14.0 

Hybrid:  PXG 0317 X  PXG GEN4 (19) / Mitsubishi MMT 80
Irons:  PXG PXG GEN4 0311 P (4 - Pw) / True Temper Elevate Tour 
Wedge:  PXG Sugar Daddy Forged (50/9, 54/10 and 58/9) / True Temper Elevate Tour 
Putter:  PXG Closer, 39.5" ArmLock
Ball:  Bridgestone B X
Bag:  PXG - Fairway White Camo Cary/Stand

[quote name='GolfAddictShang' timestamp='1280710750' post='2612156']
One more question...Between Painted Desert, The Legacy and Badland, which one would you'all recommend? Thanks in advance!
[/quote]

NOt painted desert! Imagine 20 yards of fairway, then 10 yards of wasteland, then fences with lots of houses near the fences! This course is for people that hit the ball straight every time! Houses on both sides of a narrow fairway for most of the course. Great course for the 80 year old golfer.

[quote name='dirtyboy' timestamp='1280760492' post='2613044']
[quote name='GolfAddictShang' timestamp='1280710750' post='2612156']
One more question...Between Painted Desert, The Legacy and Badland, which one would you'all recommend? Thanks in advance!
[/quote]

NOt painted desert! Imagine 20 yards of fairway, then 10 yards of wasteland, then fences with lots of houses near the fences! This course is for people that hit the ball straight every time! Houses on both sides of a narrow fairway for most of the course. Great course for the 80 year old golfer.
[/quote]

Respectfully disagree with that one, some of those fairways on PD are 60 yards wide (#15). Only way you'll hit a house is if you duck hook or slice a tee shot which is no different than playing on comparable courses like Silverstone or Aliante. The worst tee box on PD is #2 with that stupid fence along the left side; otherwise, PD is a good choice.

Badlands is target golf, pure and simple. You think PD has wasteland, Badlands makes PD look like a putt-putt course. The secret is bringing 1-2 balls to match your handicap because you will lose a ton.

Legacy is a good choice as well, the 10th tee box is unique. Better practice facility at Legacy compared to PD.

• 1 month later...

Played Badland this past March, forget which two of the three nine's we played but it is a very good course, I would love to be a member there. Very much target golf with lots of blind shots, if you have time drive up to see your landing zone otherwise you will NOT shot a good score or have a good time.

We also played Desert Pines, I shot two strokes under my handicap playing it for the first time and being hungover for 1/2 the round.

Next time I go I would like to check out the TPC of Las Vegas and try to get in Summerlin.

Titleist TS2 9.5*, EvenFlow T1100 White 65X
Ping Crossover G 18*, Ping Tour 85X
Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 3-PW, Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
Mizuno S18 Gun Metal 50*07, Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400
Mizuno S18 Gun Metal 54*12, Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400
Mizuno S18 Gun Metal 58*8, Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400
Titleist Studio Design 1.5 Custom Shop
Snell MTB Black

I play most of my golf at Painted Desert. Yes, there are a lot of very tight holes and lots of houses, however I think that challenge has really helped me to improve and I'm sure my current handicap only got where it is because of playing there.. THe greens are always in superb shape and the player development program they do makes it great value for money to work on the range. Saying it's a great course for an 80 year old is ridiculous. It definitely is a course for people that want to be challenged and tested throughout the round.

Paiute is a stunning course and always great condition. My only comments are that it's a little too pricey considering it's location.

Primm is definitely worth a look. They've got 2 really nice courses out there. It's a bit of a drive (south on I-15, but there's the premium outlet stores there too if you want to kill two birds with one stone.

Legacy is really nice and I'm also a big fan of Siena. Don't bother with Angel Park Palm Course and I wouldn't bother with Aliante (greens usually not great) unless you feel you just need massive fairways and no real challenge. There's loads of ridiculously expensive courses in town. I'm sure that some of them are a real experience, but there's no way I could justify spending enough to replace most of my clubs on a single round on a soldiers salary!

Forgot to say, TPC Las Vegas is really nice and I'd love to be able to play there all the time. I've walked round TPC Summerlin when the Justin Timberlake was there. Really impressive looking course and gutted that I was deployed when they opened the course for military appreciation day!