2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Oklahoma (Tulsa) Golfers. WRX Outings.

mission_scratch

[quote name='mission_scratch' timestamp='1372215335' post='7325236']
Im going to make it a habit to post more often. We need to get a nice lil WRX outing (Tulsa Edition) going.

Anyone Up for Sunday afternoon ? going to be a hi of 88.. Which might be a nice lil break since we all can feel the triple digits creeping close.. I am a member of BA Golf and Athletic Club. Nice lil track.. Shorter course, but gotta keep it in play.. lots of hazards.. Only issue is, I only get 1 guess pass a month.. its $50 for Guest.. and Honestly, that's too much. So RR, can you still get us on a Meadowbrook? And Brett, thanks again for the Invite to the Golf Club.. That place is a very nice track. So if any of the other boys wanna pony up $100 a play on of these Weekends, im down..

So anyone that wants to play on Sunday afternoon, let's get it set up, so we can pick a course and a time..

Lafortune
BattleCreek
Emerald Falls
Forest Ridge
MeadowBrook

I'd be down for any of those..
[/quote]

I'm down for Sunday. I don't mid paying a little to play BA Golf & Athletic or Forest or Emerald. Clary is a fun track when they are maintaining it properly. We played in a tourney at Meadowbrook on May 20th and only made it through 12 before they forced us to leave due to severe storms. Ricky Ross and I were going to keep playing through the storm.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Whats up ladies. When are we getting a group together?
[quote name='mission_scratch' timestamp='1372519806' post='7349196']
I have a friend who wants to play BC. Tomorrow twlight? Bc. You guys up for that?
[/quote]
[quote name='Brettasaurus' timestamp='1372555558' post='7352912']
I have a friend who wants to play BC. Tomorrow twlight? Bc. You guys up for that?
[/quote]I can't tomorrow, maybe next time.
[/quote]

[quote name='Ricky Ross' timestamp='1373657541' post='7442408']
Whats up ladies. When are we getting a group together?
[/quote]
[quote name='Brettasaurus' timestamp='1372555558' post='7352912']
[/quote]I can't tomorrow, maybe next time.
[/quote]
[/quote]I think we need a trip to Grand Lake to play Shangri La. Barring that, I'm down most weekend days.

I'm on vacation this week so may be down for a weekend round, depending on the pocketbook, vehicle decided it had better use for my vacation money.

Cally 9.5 Xhot Fuel TS 60 tipped
RBZ Stage 2 Tour 16.5* HL Attas 7S
909H 17*, 21* &24* V Steel
5-GW Cobra Pro M/B 950g/h
Cleveland 588 Tour Zip Grooves 54*
34" C&L 355g Beached
WITB Link

• 2 weeks later...

a little off-topic here, but does anyone know if Tee Town Golf Ranch is open and operating? I've called them a couple of times in the last few days and no one answers and it says their voicemail is full. Also they don't seem to have a webpage anymore ... only a facebook page (has it been updated recently)?

I'm thinking about golf lessons for my daughters and they always seem to respond better to women than men and have heard some good things about Holly (does she own Tee Town)?

Anyway, thanks for any info you can provide.

WITB
Driver: Callaway Epic Max LS, stock stiff, 9*
3 wood: TaylorMade Sim2 Max, stock stiff, 15*,
Hybrid: Callaway XR Pro stock pro stiff 18*
Irons: Callaway Apex (2014) 4-AW, KBS Tour-V 110 S
Wedges: Mizuno MP-T 56*; Callaway X Series Jaws 60*
Putter: Scotty Cameron Select Fastback

[quote name='OK_Golf' timestamp='1375130054' post='7563162']
a little off-topic here, but does anyone know if Tee Town Golf Ranch is open and operating? I've called them a couple of times in the last few days and no one answers and it says their voicemail is full. Also they don't seem to have a webpage anymore ... only a facebook page (has it been updated recently)?

I'm thinking about golf lessons for my daughters and they always seem to respond better to women than men and have heard some good things about Holly (does she own Tee Town)?

Anyway, thanks for any info you can provide.
[/quote]They closed a couple of months ago. I recommend Amanda or Suzie Fisher for lessons. Amanda is out at Battle Creek and Suzie is an Assistant Pro at Golf Club of Oklahoma.

Brettasaurus,

Thanks for the info ... can a non-member take lessons at Golf Club?

... anyone else here on the Wrx interested in banding together ot buy Tee Town and turn it into a Top Golf ([url="http://topgolf.com/allen/"]http://topgolf.com/allen/[/url]) ? ha ha ha.

WITB

[quote name='OK_Golf' timestamp='1375193965' post='7568156']
Brettasaurus,

Thanks for the info ... can a non-member take lessons at Golf Club?

... anyone else here on the Wrx interested in banding together ot buy Tee Town and turn it into a Top Golf ([url="http://topgolf.com/allen/"]http://topgolf.com/allen/[/url]) ? ha ha ha.
[/quote]I don't know about that. Amanda certainly is available for lessons. If you want shoot me a PM and I will send you her phone number.

It's a shame about Tee Town, that facility had so much potential but it was never run properly.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello all Tulsa Wrxers,

Just wanted to through a little good "pub" out there for a local instructuctor. We've only done one lesson, but my girls really enjoyed Amanda at Battle Creek. The girls are complete beginners and practiced chipping and putting, but most importantly they left the lesson EXCITED about golf ... about doing more lessons and about even me taking them to practice. I'm on cloud 9. We've committed to more lessons and I can't wait to see how it pans out.

Brettasaurus, thanks for the recommendation on Amanda!

OK_Golf

WITB

Hey guys,
I just got back to Tulsa and back into the game after 5-6 years. I've been away serving in our great military. I am always down to play some golf. I just played my first round in 5-6 years at La Fortune 2 weeks ago and shot 86 - 1 over on the back, birdying 16 and 17 and like a dumby had a put for eagle on 18 but ended up 3 putting.

Always down to play some golf and would like to meet some more WRX'ers. Feel free to hit me up on here, the PM's go straight to my email on my phone and my clubs go almost everywhere with me.

Looking forward to seeing some of you guys out there!

• Titleist TSR2 9* AD-VF 6x
  • Titleist TSR2 15* Ventus Red 7x
  • Titleist T200 3-5 Modus 105T X
  • Titleist 620MB 6-9  Modus 105T X
  • Titleist Vokey- Sm9 Raw 46*/10 50*/12 54*/12  58*/08 DG TI 400
  • Scotty Cameron Monoblock 6.5

Everything is still green in late August. This is #9 at Golf Club. Its a fun Par 4 about 400 yards. These are iPhone pictures so they may not be the best.

[attachment=1852335:GCOK #9.jpg]

This is from #16 Fairway looking back across the lake at the lower #18 Green and Clubhouse. The upper green is just past the bunkers. The upper green is the original Fazio green but Mr. Williams apparently wanted a green by the water so he had a second green put in below.

[attachment=1852337:GCOK #18.jpg]

[quote name='rwill' timestamp='1377532489' post='7746707']
Any chance an outsider from anadarko could play the golf club sometime? I shamelessly try to work myself on nice courses. Lol.
[/quote]
Sure, I'm always open to having WRXers come out to play. A friend from law school just joined Southern Hills and I am working on getting out there some time. I also really want to play Oak Tree.

I played oak tree a few weeks ago. The course was nice but the staff treated me like junk. I got a strong feeling they didnt want me there. I admit I dont have the true county club look, have a few tattoos and a beard but they went over the top. I'm a respectful person and dont cause trouble, just there for fun.

rwill - Some people are just curmudgeonly. The people at Karsten Creek were very nice when I played there in April. I also was impressed with the staff at The Oaks and Meadowbrook when dealing with guests. The Golf Club of Oklahoma staff and members have always welcomed guests out for a day of golf. I think they are very friendly and welcoming. I had a friend come out to play and he forgot to tuck his shirt in and I forgot to say something. The head pro came by and said that he didn't care but some of the old members might say something. That was an easy, respectful way to handle the issue. I understand tradition and etiquette but the key is the delivery. I would think a club would want to impress guests, not oppress them.

• 11 months later...

[quote name='OK_Golf' timestamp='1376667202' post='7687858']
Hello all Tulsa Wrxers,

Just wanted to through a little good "pub" out there for a local instructuctor. We've only done one lesson, but my girls really enjoyed Amanda at Battle Creek. The girls are complete beginners and practiced chipping and putting, but most importantly they left the lesson EXCITED about golf ... about doing more lessons and about even me taking them to practice. I'm on cloud 9. We've committed to more lessons and I can't wait to see how it pans out.

OK_Golf
[/quote]Amanda is great, you are welcome. I'm glad your daughters had fun. Are they still taking lessons and/or playing?

I can usually only play on weekends or evenings once it cools off. Charles Gibson is out at Battle Creek and he would take care of us if we wanted to come out there. Everyone is welcome to come out to the Golf Club and play. The guest rate is $100 or $50 if we can convince everyone that I have a bunch of cousins. "This is my cousin Ross. Yeah, we don't look much alike, I think Asian is a recessive trait on my mother's side".

[quote name='Brettasaurus' timestamp='1409147443' post='10017569']
Hello all Tulsa Wrxers,

OK_Golf
[/quote]Amanda is great, you are welcome. I'm glad your daughters had fun. Are they still taking lessons and/or playing?
[/quote]

Amanda has been great ... we are bad about getting "regularly" scheduled lessons, my daughters' main deal is gymnastics and it's time consuming ... but it's been great so far. I hope to find time for more lessons this fall.

I actually went to check out Golf Club earlier this summer and Charles showed me around. Great guy ... it was weird I when I saw him at Battle Creek, my brain told me I recognized him, but I couldn't remember where from. I have probably put joining a club on the back burner for now (seems to be an annual ritual for me to consider joingin, call places, then decide not to pull the trigger), but I never did get out to actually play the course. Are you still liking the membership? How is access and / or pace of play on Saturday mornings?

WITB

[quote name='OK_Golf' timestamp='1409155993' post='10018715']
[quote name='Brettasaurus' timestamp='1409147443' post='10017569']
Hello all Tulsa Wrxers,

OK_Golf
[/quote]

Amanda has been great ... we are bad about getting "regularly" scheduled lessons, my daughters' main deal is gymnastics and it's time consuming ... but it's been great so far. I hope to find time for more lessons this fall.

I actually went to check out Golf Club earlier this summer and Charles showed me around. Great guy ... it was weird I when I saw him at Battle Creek, my brain told me I recognized him, but I couldn't remember where from. I have probably put joining a club on the back burner for now (seems to be an annual ritual for me to consider joingin, call places, then decide not to pull the trigger), but I never did get out to actually play the course. Are you still liking the membership? How is access and / or pace of play on Saturday mornings?
[/quote]

The Golf Club is great, you never need a tee time and Saturday mornings are a good pace. There are times you can get. 4.5 hour round because it's a tough track and people lose lots of balls. I love the course though, it never gets boring. We looked at Meadowbrook and Cedar Ridge but golf Club is really nice. Charles is a god guy, a lot of members wanted him to get the head pro job but they went with a guy from New York with more name recognition.

Hey all Tulsa area-WRXers ... just wanted to give a little conditioning info on a local course.

I played Battle Creek on Saturday morning and it was in great shape. Greens were rolling pretty fast and very true. Fairways and tees were in pretty good shape also. I like how they have redone their bunkers also.

Best shape I have seen Battle Creek in for a while.

We played LaFortune also, and it was in fine shape. Fairways and tees were fine, bunkers were more like hardpan. The greens were "OK", but there were so soft due to the water needed in this heat that they seemed to look beat up with ball marks and spike marks (pick your feed up when you walk people!).

WITB

• 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

[quote name='Ricky Ross' timestamp='1427490797' post='11229917']
OK its that time of year fellas. Who wants to get a group outing going?
[/quote]

Sign me up. Haven't played a round yet this season but am ready whenever anyone else is.

• Titleist TSR2 9* AD-VF 6x
  • Titleist TSR2 15* Ventus Red 7x
  • Titleist T200 3-5 Modus 105T X
  • Titleist 620MB 6-9  Modus 105T X
  • Titleist Vokey- Sm9 Raw 46*/10 50*/12 54*/12  58*/08 DG TI 400
  • Scotty Cameron Monoblock 6.5