drstroud and beruo played some golf

Titleist87

drstroud and beruo played Thanksgiving Point (Johnny Miller design) last week in a cool 100 degree weather and a white out dust storm on 17. Anyway, we tried to get agoodgolfer to come along but he had a "shower" :drinks: to help his wife prepare for. So, I recruited my neighbor to join us and my dad. I knew beruo meant business when I saw his HiBore, ISI BeCu irons, and custom Byron putter. This was the first time for beruo to play TP and I think he enjoyed the course. Although I think he lost a few of his balls with the cute little flower on them. Ganbatte, ne! Anyway, I suspect we'll meet again to play and get some more of the Utah members to join us.

My neighbor, drstroud, and beruo on #7.

Cobra Fly-Z+ Aldila UST V2
Golfsmith Jetstream 3W UST V2
Titleist 915H 3 Diamana

Titleist 915H 4 Diamana
Ben Hogan Apex Edge Pro UST Recoil Dart
Titleist SM6 50F/54S/58S Aerotech SteelFiber
Cleveland HB 11S

SkyCaddie SX400

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

beruo lost the special Abigail personalized balls???? How dare him! :crazy: I hope he got some rest this time unlike his last outing with Mac!

Oh and beruo...you still look, .5 pounds per inch heavier then me! :drinks:

beruo lost the special Abigail personalized balls???? How dare him! :crazy: I hope he got some rest this time unlike his last outing with Mac!

Oh and beruo...you still look, .5 pounds per inch heavier then me! :drinks:

If Abigail ever finds out she'll be so mad beruo will have to buy her more putters/clubs.

WTF?!? ;) If you guys keep insisting on photoshopping 30 lbs onto my waiste, I'm not going to make myself or my vanity 15 available for future Golfwrx outings. I think I'm finally starting to see what the wifey's been talking about . . . guess it's time for me to lay off the Crisco and Jelly sandwiches. :fool:

Thanksgiving Point was an awesome course though--plays plenty long and, for all of you who love reality TV, more sand than all of the Survivor series put together. I don't exactly understand why, but the course played even longer and sandier for me, go figure. :angry: Sadly I played more vanity than 15 and while I may have "meant business" with the Hibore and ISI's, business wasn't exactly what I brought. I think I'll have to change my mantra from, "good enough not to lose too many balls" to "good enough not to cry about losing too many balls." :drinks:

However, the one thing better than the course was the company. DRStroud may not be the biggest poster here, but he's got plenny of personality with a good choice in dads and neighbors (his pops is a damned good putter to boot). They were friendly to my face and kept most snickering quiet. ;) I look forward to meeting up again--preferably at a course with a lower slope rating, and choice of white and red tees. :angry:

Anyway, I've got a lot of not eating and hitting the gym to do--so I won't be available to respond to childish comments about lost balls, and pounds per inch. :crazy:

beruo

:hi:

WTF?!? :crazy: If you guys keep insisting on photoshopping 30 lbs onto my waiste, I'm not going to make myself or my vanity 15 available for future Golfwrx outings.

30 lbs?! I photoshopped 40 off! :drinks:

Titleist 915H 3 Diamana

Titleist 915H 4 Diamana
Cleveland HB 11S

SkyCaddie SX400

beruo-Geo, I thought you look pretty svelt in that picture. ;) I also know from past experience, if a guy don't get enough sleep several weeks in advance of playing a tough course, there is alway dehydration to contend with, it makes a guyz eyes fuzzy, your ball doesn't start out on the intended line of flight. I've heard tell that sever dehydration causes 3 to 4 stroke a side to be added to ones score, that's what I heard anyway. :drinks:

Looks like all you guyz had a great time, I wish me and amaj could have attended but my wife wouldn't let me go to Utah for another week, and amaj had research to do. :crazy:

Lata

Mac :fool:

Miura PP-9003 PW-6 iron w/SmacWrap 780 F3

Taylormade Stealth 10.5* w/KBS TD 50 Oh, and Ventus Red "made for"

Taylormade SIM 2  21 degree w/Ventus Blue

Taylormade Stealth Rescue 22* w/Ventus Blue

Callaway X-Tour raw - 52 w/DG steel

Taylormade MYMG 3 - 56 w/KBS C-Taper Lite 

Dave Whitlam Anser 

those divots are pointing in pretty much every direction possible

Hye, I was long over the pin by the bunker so mine was in the right direction. :drinks:

Titleist 915H 3 Diamana

Titleist 915H 4 Diamana
Cleveland HB 11S

SkyCaddie SX400

beruo-Geo, I thought you look pretty svelt in that picture. :angry: I also know from past experience, if a guy don't get enough sleep several weeks in advance of playing a tough course, there is alway dehydration to contend with, it makes a guyz eyes fuzzy, your ball doesn't start out on the intended line of flight. I've heard tell that sever dehydration causes 3 to 4 stroke a side to be added to ones score, that's what I heard anyway. :drinks:

Looks like all you guyz had a great time, I wish me and amaj could have attended but my wife wouldn't let me go to Utah for another week, and amaj had research to do. :fool:

Lata

Mac :angry:

Thanks Mac, if any brother can appreciate where I'm coming from, it's you. My only regret was that amaj couldn't come out, that way could have played to my strengths--in a scramble-to the death. :crazy:

I am just so envious that other people are getting to play with beruo, it is one of my life long dreams and nearly on the top of my " To Do" list.

Well i can dare to dream i guess.

John, I imagine I make lots of peoples lists (think Steve Buscemi in Billy Madison). :angry: It all comes down to commitment though, John. If you really want to play with me, I would clear my schedule and let you make that happen. That way we'd both be able to cross something off our list. "Find me a sugar-daddy happens to be at the top of my "To Do" list. :angry:

Good call on the divots--that was the hole where I lost 10 balls off the tee, so only half of those are mine. ;) That or Johnny Miller was showing his friends that he can hit the green multiple times by working the tee shots multiple directions. The guy is good . . . he'd have to be to navigate the patches of fairway in the midst of the sandy desert.

30 lbs?! I photoshopped 40 off! ;)

;) Woops, just realized that . . . I guess I'll have to lay off the Peanut Butter and Crisco sandwiches too. Ummm, starting tomorrow. No used letting good food go to waste. :angry:

Anywho, thanks again David for the invite and the laughs. And yes, thanks for this thread too. ;)

George

beruo-Geo, I thought you look pretty svelt in that picture. :angry: I also know from past experience, if a guy don't get enough sleep several weeks in advance of playing a tough course, there is alway dehydration to contend with, it makes a guyz eyes fuzzy, your ball doesn't start out on the intended line of flight. I've heard tell that sever dehydration causes 3 to 4 stroke a side to be added to ones score, that's what I heard anyway. :drinks:

Looks like all you guyz had a great time, I wish me and amaj could have attended but my wife wouldn't let me go to Utah for another week, and amaj had research to do. :fool:

Lata

Mac :angry:

Thanks Mac, if any brother can appreciate where I'm coming from, it's you. My only regret was that amaj couldn't come out, that way could have played to my strengths--in a scramble-to the death. :crazy:

I am just so envious that other people are getting to play with beruo, it is one of my life long dreams and nearly on the top of my " To Do" list.

Well i can dare to dream i guess.

John, I imagine I make lots of peoples lists (think Steve Buscemi in Billy Madison). :angry: It all comes down to commitment though, John. If you really want to play with me, I would clear my schedule and let you make that happen. That way we'd both be able to cross something off our list. "Find me a sugar-daddy happens to be at the top of my "To Do" list. :angry:

Good call on the divots--that was the hole where I lost 10 balls off the tee, so only half of those are mine. ;) That or Johnny Miller was showing his friends that he can hit the green multiple times by working the tee shots multiple directions. The guy is good . . . he'd have to be to navigate the patches of fairway in the midst of the sandy desert.

30 lbs?! I photoshopped 40 off! ;)

;) Woops, just realized that . . . I guess I'll have to lay off the Peanut Butter and Crisco sandwiches too. Ummm, starting tomorrow. No used letting good food go to waste. :angry:

Anywho, thanks again David for the invite and the laughs. And yes, thanks for this thread too. ;)

George

It was great to play some golf with you. Let's it do again. Might have an opening at 9:30 this Saturday at Hobble Creek. I'd have to check with my buddy (Travis, from your work) who made the tee time.

Titleist 915H 3 Diamana

Titleist 915H 4 Diamana
Cleveland HB 11S

SkyCaddie SX400

Well the investigation is complete. After beruo alerted me to the problem, I got in touch of a few contacts I have in the Utah Mafia. Yes..Utah Mafia. They've been hiding out over there since Gotti got his in NY,NY. After telling Luigi "Big Ham" Young beruo's predicament and offering him a few tour clubs and of course a "GOlfWRX Charter Member" tag next to his name, Luigi was more then willing to help out. This picture was found packed in 50 kilo's of cocaine produced in Utah and heading for California. Congratulations beruo, you've been cleared of your "fatness". :kewlpics:

touchedup.jpg

:cheesy: :kewlpics: :ok:

THANK YOU REID! I was pretty sure that I wasn't imagining things, but considering the effects of dehydration I wasn't sure what was real and what was conspiracy. :crazy: For a little bit there, it was starting to become easier to believe that I was, in fact a little bit overweight rather than the target of an interstate conspiracy that spanned from Illinois, through Utah, and on to California. I was even starting to think that I had marked my golf balls with flowers and was such a poor player that I had lost them all, rather than belive that I was part of the Utah Beautification Coalition planting flowers across the valey (turns out I'm quite the humanitarian ;) ).

Reid, I thank you for your dilligence and sacrifice in clearing my name. While it may have cost you some clubs, I'm glad it didn't come to dead rabbits, horse heads, and daughter weddings. You are a true friend. :D :D

beruo

:secret: :D

I just want to know what lottery you have to hit to be invited to play with Beruo? I too am like John playing golf with Beruo is on my top ten list for this week.

Terry, I better not have been on your "Top 10" last week... :kewlpics:

George, I will most likely have a business meeting in Salt Lake coming up in the next few months. If you're free I just may hit you up for some golf. That is of course if I'm on YOUR Top 10...

I just want to know what lottery you have to hit to be invited to play with Beruo? I too am like John playing golf with Beruo is on my top ten list for this week.

Guys, I'm not all to sure exactly what makes up your respective lists, but I'm thinking that teeing it up with me falls somewhere between cow tipping and shucking corn. :kewlpics: But, if y'all are serious about playing, start some kind of "Big Starving Golfer" fund or something. Shoot Terry, you're an accountant--figure some tax loopholes, charitable organization, something. If you want, fly me out and call it a consultation fee. I'm game if you are. :D

George, I will most likely have a business meeting in Salt Lake coming up in the next few months. If you're free I just may hit you up for some golf. That is of course if I'm on YOUR Top 10...

Ryan, let me know when you're coming and I'll make sure I clear my schedule. While there are a few exceptions, I'm fairly flexible. I'm thinking that the closer your Salt Lake meeting moves on the calendar, the higher you'll be on my list. The only requirements I have for a golf buddy are a poor memory for details and plenty of extra golf balls with a huge emphasis on poor memory. :D

beruo

Well the investigation is complete. After beruo alerted me to the problem, I got in touch of a few contacts I have in the Utah Mafia. Yes..Utah Mafia. They've been hiding out over there since Gotti got his in NY,NY. After telling Luigi "Big Ham" Young beruo's predicament and offering him a few tour clubs and of course a "GOlfWRX Charter Member" tag next to his name, Luigi was more then willing to help out. This picture was found packed in 50 kilo's of cocaine produced in Utah and heading for California. Congratulations beruo, you've been cleared of your "fatness". :kewlpics:

touchedup.jpg

It is said the camera adds 20 pounds. I just did not think it would add beruos 20 to me.

Titleist 915H 3 Diamana

Titleist 915H 4 Diamana
Cleveland HB 11S

SkyCaddie SX400