2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

Hawaii GolfWRX'ers.....what's new in the bag?

pitbull808

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='da master 808' timestamp='1303010018' post='3160929']
[quote]Glad I'm not a "staff" Pro. :cheesy: Anytime you want to hit a set of "tour" S3's let me know and I'll let you hit mine. :cheesy:[/quote]

I may just take you up on your offer to use the "tour" S3's. I'd be the first to use the sweetspot! ;)
[/quote]

I doubt that since I have been playing [u]very[/u] well. I know for sure I can beat two guys [u]very[/u] easily at AGC. :tongue:

[quote name='pitbull808' timestamp='1303021065' post='3161176']
[quote name='da master 808' timestamp='1303010018' post='3160929']
[quote]Glad I'm not a "staff" Pro. :cheesy: Anytime you want to hit a set of "tour" S3's let me know and I'll let you hit mine. :cheesy:[/quote]

I may just take you up on your offer to use the "tour" S3's. I'd be the first to use the sweetspot! ;)
[/quote]

I doubt that since I have been playing [u]very[/u] well. I know for sure I can beat two guys [u]very[/u] easily at AGC. :tongue:
[/quote]

:cheesy: What a Pitbull-y! Lucky thing there's three of us!

[quote name='da master 808' timestamp='1303029327' post='3161233']
[/quote]

Bully? Puhleeeeze, if I was a bully I'd remind you what you shot the last time you played with us. But I won't hold that against you.:rolleyes:

[quote name='pitbull808' timestamp='1303071360' post='3162180']
[/quote]

Bully? Puhleeeeze, if I was a bully I'd remind you what you shot the last time you played with us. But I won't hold that against you.:rolleyes:
[/quote]

Amazing that after all the years of sub par and rounds in the 60's, the only round people seem to remember is the bad one! :black eye:

[quote name='da master 808' timestamp='1303093294' post='3163151']
[quote name='pitbull808' timestamp='1303071360' post='3162180']
[/quote]

[/quote]

Amazing that after all the years of sub par and rounds in the 60's, the only round people seem to remember is the bad one! :black eye:
[/quote]

:cheesy: you act if you're the only one that's shot sub par rounds...in the [u]past[/u]. In the present...the last round which was so awful and unlike you... is why it makes it so memorable. Mortality is a b****. :cheesy:

Well the Tm Tpmb didn't last very long. So I traded them in for a set of diablo forged and those didn't last very long either. Instead I got some razor tour irons. The numbers I was getting were real similar when compared with the DF but it was more consistent and cheaper. Also got a new driver to play around with. It's a yamaha driver, I always wanted to try a yamaha.

[quote name='mach 1' timestamp='1303445274' post='3175783']
Well the Tm Tpmb didn't last very long. So I traded them in for a set of diablo forged and those didn't last very long either. Instead I got some razor tour irons. The numbers I was getting were real similar when compared with the DF but it was more consistent and cheaper. Also got a new driver to play around with. It's a yamaha driver, I always wanted to try a yamaha.
[/quote]

razr X tours look so awesome :)

[quote name='ml43' timestamp='1303445739' post='3175803']
[quote name='mach 1' timestamp='1303445274' post='3175783']
[/quote]

[/quote]

They do ML..but maybe Diablo's are better for you?? :tongue:

Bubba...the only guy I know who can ho a set and then another and not even touch a golf course with them! :cheesy: And people call me a ho! :pardon:

The only thing I added this week...a ten year old wedge! I picked up an old Titleist Triple Sole wedge..pre-Vokey. Loved the grind on the sole as well as topline. Almost like a Titleist Chikara. :yes: It was pretty funny buying a decade grip for it and realizing I paid almost half the price of the wedge just for a grip! Thank goodness I didn't pick up a No1 or Suso! :crazy:

They do ML..but maybe Diablo's are better for you?? :tongue:

Bubba...the only guy I know who can ho a set and then another and not even touch a golf course with them! :cheesy: And people call me a ho! :pardon:

The only thing I added this week...a ten year old wedge! I picked up an old Titleist Triple Sole wedge..pre-Vokey. Loved the grind on the sole as well as topline. Almost like a Titleist Chikara. :yes: It was pretty funny buying a decade grip for it and realizing I paid almost half the price of the wedge just for a grip! Thank goodness I didn't pick up a No1 or Suso! :crazy:

Its called talent. cheesy.gif Good thing you didn't go with the No1 or the Suso, the grips would be worth more than the club.cheesy.gif Maybe you should have carl grind the club too.

Thanks Mike. I like the looks of these much better. Although the Diablo's felt hotter I was getting the same distance with these and I was more consistent. Plus they were cheaper, so I also got a 50* Jaws wedge. No more GI appoach wedge for now. Hopefully these will stay in the bag for a while but I really doubt that.

Bobby you ho more sets than I play rounds of golf. That deserves a trophy or something. What's the over/under on a different set by the time I get to play again?

8.5* Nike Vapor Speed - 7m3
15* Cobra Amp Cell - Fubuki 70x
18* Adams A12 - GD DI 85x
20* Adams Super 9031 - UST VTS 100x
54*, 58* Nike VR Forged
5-PW Mizuno MP64 - PXi 6.0

Okay...I hope nobody's keeping track..but picked up another putter the other day. Stopped by Aloha Golf Center to visit and started rolling the BB33 mallet on the carpet. I'm still putting good with my Byron GSS 8811 and Betti Signature 2 and TaylorMade TM-880 buttttttt..I'm a putter ho and can't help it. Since AGC brings in many of their Bettinardi's ungripped and uncut, it worked out perfectly. I got to cut it to my usual 34.5" and slapped on my usual small white Iomic. It's pretty fun rotating all the putters on my mat at home. I'll flip a coin figuring out what to use on Saturday morning. :D

[quote name='pitbull808' timestamp='1303973368' post='3192599']
Okay...I hope nobody's keeping track..but picked up another putter the other day. Stopped by Aloha Golf Center to visit and started rolling the BB33 mallet on the carpet. I'm still putting good with my Byron GSS 8811 and Betti Signature 2 and TaylorMade TM-880 buttttttt..I'm a putter ho and can't help it. Since AGC brings in many of their Bettinardi's ungripped and uncut, it worked out perfectly. I got to cut it to my usual 34.5" and slapped on my usual small white Iomic. It's pretty fun rotating all the putters on my mat at home. I'll flip a coin figuring out what to use on Saturday morning. :D
[/quote]

How do you guys juggle so many clubs? I seem to be having a tough time between just two putters! I recently started hating my old Odyssey White Hot XG #7 (or it started hating me), so I traded in a bunch of clubs and ordered a Fastback 1.5. While waiting for that putter to come in, I started using my old Pro Plat Newport 2 and started putting well with it. In fact, I recently swapped out the original grip for a large Iomic and seem to be putting better than ever with that putter. The Fastback came in last week and I've been putting so well with the Newport that I'm almost afraid to start using the Fastback. I'm playing 9 this afternoon and have the Fastback in the bag, so will see how it goes.

My clubs seem to be quite sensitive lately! I was hitting my old driver decently well, but since it was a few years old I started wanting something new. Just after I started demoing new drivers, my old one developed a rattle. Hope my putters aren't as sensitive! :man_in_love:

Funny you mention the Bettinardi Signature 2. That's the putter that Joey recommended that I give a try. Every time I visit AGC, I seem to find myself putting with the BB1 that they had on the putter rack. Think you guys are starting to rub off on me. Haha. I bought my current set of irons and hybrid in January and now I am seriously debating getting a set of A12 irons with the new KBS shafts and an A12 hybrid. It even seems to be rubbing off on my friends as well. We met up at Roger Dunn yesterday afternoon to kill some time before going out for happy hour. Anyways, we collectively walked out of there with a driver, putter and a bunch of other golf accessories!

Who juggles.....I hoard. :blush:

All of those putters you have are great. I had the #7, the Pro Plats in my opinion some of the best every that had a Cameron name stamped on them. The Fastback 1.5, I've been really trying not to buy considering I've had four models of Studio Selects already. You can also never go wrong with a Bettinardi. I've picked up five this year. :cheesy:

Stopped by Aloha Golf Center today to pick up my Miura 501sssssss!!!! Got them shafted with the True Temper Tour Issue Dynamic Gold S400's and Iomic Diarrow Grips in Black and Blue and they look AMAZING. I'd upload pictures but the picture file sizes are way too big and I currently don't have a program to make them smaller on my laptop. The black and blue grips with the gold silk screened Dynamic Gold logo looks gorgeous all together paired with these beautiful heads. I don't know if I have the game to hit em well just yet, but they do sure sit really pretty in my bag. Just wanted to thank Joey once again for bringing these beautiful heads in and spending the extra time and effort to make them perfect for me. yahoo.gif

Really looking forward to swinging these at the range and depending on the results... I might have to scoop up the matching Miura Wedges sitting on AGC's shelves to match my irons. tongue.gif

Found some new friends on Joey and the gang... and my girlfriend just found some new enemies... cheesy.gif

Stopped by Aloha Golf Center today to pick up my Miura 501sssssss!!!! Got them shafted with the True Temper Tour Issue Dynamic Gold S400's and Iomic Diarrow Grips in Black and Blue and they look AMAZING. I'd upload pictures but the picture file sizes are way too big and I currently don't have a program to make them smaller on my laptop. The black and blue grips with the gold silk screened Dynamic Gold logo looks gorgeous all together paired with these beautiful heads. I don't know if I have the game to hit em well just yet, but they do sure sit really pretty in my bag. Just wanted to thank Joey once again for bringing these beautiful heads in and spending the extra time and effort to make them perfect for me. yahoo.gif

Really looking forward to swinging these at the range and depending on the results... I might have to scoop up the matching Miura Wedges sitting on AGC's shelves to match my irons. tongue.gif

Found some new friends on Joey and the gang... and my girlfriend just found some new enemies... cheesy.gif

:good: It's always a pleasure talking golf with a fellow HO!

I saw your irons at Aloha Golf Center yesterday afternoon when I went by to pick up my new Cobra S3 driver. Great looking irons for sure and add the Tour Issue DG shafts and Iomic Diarrow grips and you have one SWEET set of irons! Hope they work out well for you! Joey definitely does great work.

I must have just missed you. I think I've stopped by AGC at least once a week since they opened. The owner of the vietnamese cafe downstairs is probably wondering why all these golfers are suddenly coming into her shop. Haha.

The Vietnamese Cafe? LOL..Young's probably was wondering what the guy walking in their place with golf clubs was doing? Seems like many of the customers of the restaurants are finding the golf shop too watching all the people walk by the windows with golf bags. Pretty odd site in Kalihi.

BTW..nice meeting you Khang the other day. Sweet set up and nice irons. Probably a big change for you from the [s]Nope[/s] :pardon: Epons but referred to as Nope by the guys banned from TSG. :cheesy: Much better club you got there though in the 501's. :yes: As a lover of DG X100's and a current user of Tour DG's..I think you also have a great shaft choice. :yes:

The Vietnamese Cafe? LOL..Young's probably was wondering what the guy walking in their place with golf clubs was doing? Seems like many of the customers of the restaurants are finding the golf shop too watching all the people walk by the windows with golf bags. Pretty odd site in Kalihi.

BTW..nice meeting you Khang the other day. Sweet set up and nice irons. Probably a big change for you from the Nope :pardon: Epons but referred to as Nope by the guys banned from TSG. :cheesy: Much better club you got there though in the 501's. :yes: As a lover of DG X100's and a current user of Tour DG's..I think you also have a great shaft choice. :yes:

Nice meeting you as well Reid. I really did appreciate the run-down you gave me on putters and am now debating between getting a Betti Proto or the Signature Series.... Decisions.. decisions.. blush2.gif Just got home from the Ala Wai Range... (Yes.. in this ridiculous Hawaii rain) as I just had to try out the 501's. All in all, a very very sweet set. I was surprised by how high they were launching for me given that I went with a stiffer, heavier shaft and a much less forgiving head compared to my Epon 502's with KBS Tour S.... what does that mean for all the hackers out there? Get a set of Miuras!!! biggrin.gif Kidding aside, these really are a great set and definitely glad I picked them up.

While I was at AGC the other day.... I saw another ridiculous WRXer's Tourstage X-Drive 755 w/ Crazy Shaft. Needless to say, I wanted one. Being that I am not banned from TSG just yet... it was just an amazing coincidence that they were having a clearance on a 755 head and I just so happened to pick it up. Hoping it'll come in soon so Joey can pair it with the Crazy Shaft I have laying around.smile.gif

It's official. Hi my name is Khang... and I am a club ho.busted2.gif

Hmmmm. I think that was my Tourstage 705 sitting there. It's a great driver, but I have'nt tried it with the crazy shaft yet, but if it's anything like the crazy 80 I have in my r11 dot head it will be a monster. Jhang how much did you pick up the tour stage driver for? The reason I am asking is that Roots might still have some and the price is pretty good.
As for the putter I would go with the Betti signature model. It's been money. You can ask Reid about Arianny.
Well I guess me not buying new irons didn't last for a week, my Tourstage 905cb came in, and can't wait to hit them. I haven't been this excited to hit new irons for a long time.

[quote name='mach 1' timestamp='1304581998' post='3209526']
Hmmmm. I think that was my Tourstage 705 sitting there. It's a great driver, but I have'nt tried it with the crazy shaft yet, but if it's anything like the crazy 80 I have in my r11 dot head it will be a monster. Jhang how much did you pick up the tour stage driver for? The reason I am asking is that Roots might still have some and the price is pretty good.
As for the putter I would go with the Betti signature model. It's been money. You can ask Reid about Arianny.
Well I guess me not buying new irons didn't last for a week, my Tourstage 905cb came in, and can't wait to hit them. I haven't been this excited to hit new irons for a long time.
[/quote]

I picked up the head-only for $350 plus another $25 for shipping. How much is it going for at Roots?

[quote name='mach 1' timestamp='1305098144' post='3224331']
Yes I have gone past what's in the bag. I just decided to get a new bag.
[/quote]

and a GORGEOUS bag it is!!! :man_in_love: You'r making it REALLY hard to control my ho-ing! :D

[/quote]

Reid sent me a pic of the bag. DAAAMMMNNN. That is a nice bag. But can't beat my new bag in price. Just picked up a Sun Mountain 4.5. Been looking for one cheap and I found it.

[quote name='mauiatheart' timestamp='1305159757' post='3226162']
[/quote]

Reid sent me a pic of the bag. DAAAMMMNNN. That is a nice bag. But can't beat my new bag in price. Just picked up a Sun Mountain 4.5. Been looking for one cheap and I found it.
[/quote]

LOL...and I could ho vicariously by picking it up for you! :cheesy: