Hawaii GolfWRX'ers.....what's new in the bag?

pitbull808

Stopped by Joey's shop today to get a shaft for my driver. Have to say, Joey's customer service is top-notch! And the shop is cool as all get-out. My golf budget is more constricted after having the baby, so I'm going to have to become more efficient in my hoing. Getting correctly fit is part of that, and Joey displayed the patience of a saint today with my horrendous swing.

Callaway Epic

Callaway Apex Hybrid
Honma TW Muscle Backs
TP Mills Custom Soft Tail

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well this week I added a 19* adams A12 hybrid to the bag. I also found out that the wife got me the Adams MB2s for Christmas.

JDM TMade SLDR set @ 11.5* w/Speeder 757
Adams Tour LS 15* w/DI7x
Adams Tour LS 19* w/DI8x & 23* 9031
Adams MB2 5-GW w/Black Nickle KBS Tour S
Machine M6 Inspirer
50*/54*/58* Satin Puglielli wedge kbs tourS
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/910665-bennysupremes-first-witb/"]WITB Link[/url]

[quote name='TracyS' timestamp='1324607966' post='3978269']
Stopped by Joey's shop today to get a shaft for my driver. Have to say, Joey's customer service is top-notch! And the shop is cool as all get-out. My golf budget is more constricted after having the baby, so I'm going to have to become more efficient in my hoing. Getting correctly fit is part of that, and Joey displayed the patience of a saint today with my horrendous swing.
[/quote]

Ahh..glad you made it down today. Sorry I missed you. It's been ages! :drinks:

[quote name='BENNYSUPREME' timestamp='1324610146' post='3978463']
Well this week I added a 19* adams A12 hybrid to the bag. I also found out that the wife got me the Adams MB2s for Christmas.
[/quote]

Congrats! A12 is awesome. Stick in a Graphite Design UT and you'll have a beast on your hands for sure! :yes: Big congrats on the MB2's as well. Sweet looking set. :yes:

[quote name='pitbull808' timestamp='1324633080' post='3979197']

[quote name='BENNYSUPREME' timestamp='1324610146' post='3978463']
[/quote]

Congrats! A12 is awesome. Stick in a Graphite Design UT and you'll have a beast on your hands for sure! :yes: Big congrats on the MB2's as well. Sweet looking set. :yes:
[/quote]

Gotta agree with the UT in the A12 hybrids. Loving my UT in my 3iron. Made a huge difference in feel. Not to mention it looks awesome!

Stopped by Aloha Golf Center to buy myself a Christmas gift. Ended up leaving with the Bettinardi Studio Stock 7 putter. First time I had been fitted for a putter, and it was eye opening. All my other putters were completely not right for me, not to mention my messed up stroke that Joey attempted to fix. Thanks for the great deal on the putter and the putting lesson/fitting Joey.

Taylormade M2 9.5* Graphite Design GP 6s
Taylormade M2 15* Graphite Design DJ 7x
Taylormade M1 17* and 21* Graphite Design Tour AD-GT 85s
Miura PP-9003 5-PW Nippon Ns Pro Modus 3 120 stiff
Titleist forged Vokey 50, 54, 58 wedges Nippon Ns Pro Modus 120
Scotty Cameron 009 beached 350 gram

The hoing this week continued with a Graphite Design DI shaft in my driver. Can't wait to try it out on the course. Nice seeing Bobby and Reid today at AGC as well. Happy new year everyone.

Taylormade M2 9.5* Graphite Design GP 6s
Taylormade M2 15* Graphite Design DJ 7x
Taylormade M1 17* and 21* Graphite Design Tour AD-GT 85s
Miura PP-9003 5-PW Nippon Ns Pro Modus 3 120 stiff
Titleist forged Vokey 50, 54, 58 wedges Nippon Ns Pro Modus 120
Scotty Cameron 009 beached 350 gram

Happy New Year everyone. Good to get a final round in. Total rounds this year...20. But all in good company at least. Bobby, sorry I forgot your $10.

8.5* Nike Vapor Speed - 7m3
15* Cobra Amp Cell - Fubuki 70x
18* Adams A12 - GD DI 85x
20* Adams Super 9031 - UST VTS 100x
54*, 58* Nike VR Forged
5-PW Mizuno MP64 - PXi 6.0

[quote name='chuckyuen' timestamp='1325376805' post='4011263']
The hoing this week continued with a Graphite Design DI shaft in my driver. Can't wait to try it out on the course. Nice seeing Bobby and Reid today at AGC as well. Happy new year everyone.
[/quote]

[quote name='rok78' timestamp='1325396178' post='4012203']
Happy New Year everyone. Good to get a final round in. Total rounds this year...20. But all in good company at least. Bobby, sorry I forgot your $10.
[/quote]

Nice seeing you too [s]Jose[/s]Chucky :tongue: You too Tracy! It's been ages! TJ..stick around longer next time! :drinks: Ricky..great last round for 2011..Bubba always a pleasure being your cart partner. DaMaster...thanks for being the host of our recent quasi-Hawaii GolfWRX outings in your shop! :drinks:

It's been a slow ho year for me. I've never had a more steadier bag since being here at GolfWRX. FYI to anyone wondering....R11/Kaili, Adams LP FW, Adams A12HB, S3 Forged/Combo 3-PW, Miura K & Y grinds...putter..that will never be steady. Hoping for a quick arrival in the mail for a 2012 Betti BB1F/340gram.

Hope you all have a super 2012. Remember..if all sucks..buy a golf club and make the day better! :partytime2:

Happy New Year everyone! drinks.gif

Got a TM Ghost Spider today. I hate looking at it but I roll the ball so well with it. We'll see if it lasts. Yuck.

Looking forward to getting the Adams F12 once Joey gets them in. There's one with my name on it.

Callaway Epic

Callaway Apex Hybrid
Honma TW Muscle Backs

[quote name='chuckyuen' timestamp='1325376805' post='4011263']
[/quote]

lol. You came to help me find a driver and you left with a new shaft. Sweet. (You're welcome, Joey.)

Callaway Epic

Callaway Apex Hybrid
Honma TW Muscle Backs

Well I had my old Alpha Rip pulled and installed into my 3w. I'm glad I had that done. It feels alot better, I gained some much needed yardage with the 3w by having the shaft switched out. I also had the DI6s put into my driver. It feels kinda soft right now but I think that has something to do with the kick point being a little closer to the hands. (IMO). I hit the thing really high compaired to what I was with the RIP. I was hitting it 270 with a slight cut and had a couple drives of 285 to 290 on. I think once the fairways dry out a little, those 270s will turn out to be 280s. I think once I to this shaft figured out and get a baby draw instead of cut I will gain alot more yards. I'm keeping my Fingers Crossed.

Adams Tour LS 15* w/DI7x
Machine M6 Inspirer
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/910665-bennysupremes-first-witb/"]WITB Link[/url]

[Nice seeing you too [s]Jose[/s]Chucky :tongue: You too Tracy! It's been ages! TJ..stick around longer next time! :drinks: Ricky..great last round for 2011..Bubba always a pleasure being your cart partner. DaMaster...thanks for being the host of our recent quasi-Hawaii GolfWRX outings in your shop! :drinks:

It's been a slow ho year for me. I've never had a more steadier bag since being here at GolfWRX. FYI to anyone wondering....R11/Kaili, Adams LP FW, Adams A12HB, S3 Forged/Combo 3-PW, Miura K & Y grinds...putter..that will never be steady. Hoping for a quick arrival in the mail for a 2012 Betti BB1F/340gram.

Hope you all have a super 2012. Remember..if all sucks..buy a golf club and make the day better! :partytime2:
[/quote]

I would have stuck around longer but had plans with the wife and son. I actually got in trouble for being gone as long as I was. I will be in within the next couple days to get the lies checked out again on my MB2's. I will have to bring my old irons in as a referance for the new ones. Everything was bleeding right, the toe was grabbing on every shot.

Adams Tour LS 15* w/DI7x
Machine M6 Inspirer

• 2 weeks later...

K guys, I'm searching for a the perfect driver shaft and I'm soliciting your help.

If you've witnessed the horror that is my swing, you will know I tend to come in pretty shallow and get a low launch with pretty low spin. (I've been working on it.) I've got one of Joey's Adams F12 demos right now. Love the head and I like the lightweight shaft in the driver. Even though PL Blue is considered a high launch shaft, I was launching it at about 11 to 12* and my spin was low, like in the low 2000's sometimes <2000. Swing speed was low to mid 90's. The bad ones were in the high 80's lol but I'm not counting those. tongue.gif (Like I said, I'm working on it. My swing is feeling a lot better in the past week than it has even before my 2 year hiatus, and it feels like my SS may have increased a little. Might be getting close to 100! Yay! lol.) At the range, I was getting a pretty penetrating mid ball flight. I just don't think I'm maxing out my potential carry. I think I may be able to squeeze out some better numbers with a different shaft. So I'm planning on buying the F12 head and finding a shaft to stick in it.

The rest of my bag launches fine (except I generally hit my fairway woods about 4 feet off the ground, but that's a whole other story.) Hybrid on down (or up, depending on how you count), no problem with height carry etc...

As far as the driver shaft goes, I'm open to anything; high end and low end. Whatever works. Although most of those premium shafts seem to be low launch low spin anyway. I tend to like the feel of shafts that feel smooth and are on the softer/more responsive side.

Suggestions from the peanut gallery?

By the way Joey, I came by to return the demo on Thursday afternoon but the shop was closed and no one answered the number on the sign. I'll try and swing by tomorrow.

Callaway Epic

Callaway Apex Hybrid
Honma TW Muscle Backs

I picked up two wedges a 52* and 58* Mizuno MP-R12 from Aloha Golf Brothas.

Adams Tour LS 15* w/DI7x
Machine M6 Inspirer

• 4 weeks later...

Super happy with the Adams/Oban combo from AGC. Decided to get fit for a putter since the driver fitting went so well. You may notice the Studio Stock 8 is no longer on the rack. It's in my bag. The fitting made a HUUUGE difference... Way more consistent with it. Joey strikes again! Of course, most of you already know this cuz you were all there when I bought it.

Callaway Epic

Callaway Apex Hybrid
Honma TW Muscle Backs

[quote name='TracyS' timestamp='1329208568' post='4282297']
Super happy with the Adams/Oban combo from AGC. Decided to get fit for a putter since the driver fitting went so well. You may notice the Studio Stock 8 is no longer on the rack. It's in my bag. The fitting made a HUUUGE difference... Way more consistent with it. Joey strikes again! [b]Of course, most of you already know this cuz you were all there when I bought it.[/b]
[/quote]

LOL..it's hard to buy secretly when you shop at the "club house" of ho's! :D

+1
[quote name='pitbull808' timestamp='1157259968' post='277253']
[quote name='Xsfspeed' post='277243' date='Sep 2 2006, 06:50 PM']
[quote name='pitbull808' post='277224' date='Sep 2 2006, 06:08 PM']
I broke down and got another putter today. :blush:
[/quote]

:cheesy::rolleyes::cheesy::rolleyes::cheesy:
[/quote]

I know...I just can't help it.....I'm a putter-holic. :blush:
[/quote]

M1 460//Kuro Kage Silver TiNi 6x
SLDR 3w//GDDI 7x
M1 3Hybrid//Kuro Kage 8x
Mizuno MP-4(7-PW), MP-15(4-6)//C-TaperX

[quote name='HawaiiGolfer2011' timestamp='1329341538' post='4292989']
+1
[quote name='pitbull808' timestamp='1157259968' post='277253']
[quote name='Xsfspeed' post='277243' date='Sep 2 2006, 06:50 PM']
[quote name='pitbull808' post='277224' date='Sep 2 2006, 06:08 PM']
I broke down and got another putter today. :blush:
[/quote]

:cheesy::rolleyes::cheesy::rolleyes::cheesy:
[/quote]

I know...I just can't help it.....I'm a putter-holic. :blush:
[/quote]
[/quote]

UGHHH...I've picked up 2 putters since this post. :blush:

I've decided Bobby is too bad of an influence on me. I like the ZL Encore and hit it well, then I play with him last week and he brings the Nike VR-S and bombs it. So I had to go and buy one too. I'm not even going to be able to play for another couple weeks.

54*, 58* Nike VR Forged

[quote name='rok78' timestamp='1329591274' post='4317417']
I've decided Bobby is too bad of an influence on me. I like the ZL Encore and hit it well, then I play with him last week and he brings the Nike VR-S and bombs it. So I had to go and buy one too. I'm not even going to be able to play for another couple weeks.
[/quote]

Playing with Bobby and Reid is like going grocery shopping on an empty stomach. Unless you have strong willpower, you will buy something you may regret. :cheesy::cheesy: Luckily, I am too cheap to buy a driver, putter, iron set, head covers, bag or whatsoever they have.

[quote name='mauiatheart' timestamp='1329641912' post='4321875']
[/quote]

Playing with Bobby and Reid is like going grocery shopping on an empty stomach. Unless you have strong willpower, you will buy something you may regret. :cheesy::cheesy: Luckily, I am too cheap to buy a driver, putter, iron set, head covers, bag or whatsoever they have.
[/quote]

That is true. Not that it's like you have a bad bag to begin with! I think the majority of people would be happy to have your bag.

54*, 58* Nike VR Forged

[quote name='rok78' timestamp='1329671270' post='4323629']
[/quote]

[/quote]

That is true. Not that it's like you have a bad bag to begin with! I think the majority of people would be happy to have your bag.
[/quote]

Rick...wait till you try my ZL Encore with DI [b]7X[/b]! :D

[quote name='pitbull808' timestamp='1329978639' post='4356657']
[quote name='rok78' timestamp='1329671270' post='4323629']
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Rick...wait till you try my ZL Encore with DI [b]7X[/b]! :D
[/quote]

OOOOH. Now that is a good combo. You are in trouble Rick.

[quote name='mauiatheart' timestamp='1330208402' post='4375835']

OOOOH. Now that is a good combo. You are in trouble Rick.
[/quote]

My sciatic nerve has been killing me...but a vicadin allowed me to swing it semi-hard yesterday on the course for the first time. I'm pretty pleased with the 75% swing..yet the ball went farrrrrr! :D

[quote name='rok78' timestamp='1330324576' post='4386013']
That is good. I'm in for this Saturday to try the Pitbull'ed version of the Encore set up.
[/quote]

HAHA...okay, I've got you locked in on Saturday. :drinks: