Hawaii GolfWRX'ers.....what's new in the bag?

pitbull808

[quote name='pitbull808' timestamp='1337580700' post='4949338']
[quote name='BENNYSUPREME' timestamp='1337551835' post='4947316']
Where do you guys normally play at? I would like to get out once before I leave with you guys.
[/quote]

Tj we've got our usual 4 some every Saturday at Royal Kunia, first tee time out. It's a 4some that's been playing together for probably 7 years now. Guys who've wanted to play with us usually start off as fillers. We've had one permanent fixture that moved to Arizona/pm hacker. He was quickly replaced by a filler. Another permanent just moved to Vegas/Xsfspeed so another filler took his place. Rick used to be a permanent fixture in the 4some till he started a 3some at home. Now when he's available, he'll check in to see if we've got an opening for him. Since one of our permanent foursome is in Japan on vacation and ho-ing for us, Rick's got two weeks to play with us.

[/quote]

Hopefully, I'll see y'all on the GC in Sept/Oct if the Dr. clears me to swing a club in the next 8-12 weeks. BTW, when the hellz did Xsfspeed move to LV?

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='pm hacker' timestamp='1338239895' post='4990404']

Hopefully, I'll see y'all on the GC in Sept/Oct if the Dr. clears me to swing a club in the next 8-12 weeks. BTW, when the hellz did Xsfspeed move to LV?
[/quote]

T...moved about 2 months ago.

Aaaand most likely because I didn't play golf this week, I now have something new for the bag next Saturday. Actually two new things. And maybe one of Reid's things later.

Now if it lasts more than a round is another question.

8.5* Nike Vapor Speed - 7m3
15* Cobra Amp Cell - Fubuki 70x
18* Adams A12 - GD DI 85x
20* Adams Super 9031 - UST VTS 100x
54*, 58* Nike VR Forged
5-PW Mizuno MP64 - PXi 6.0

Man, I just realized my bag has actually gone though quite a makeover. I think the only clubs that haven't changed are my Miura wedges. Mizzy JPX800s were just replaced by a set of Miura lefty cavity backs with True Temper Tour Concept shafts. Cobra ZL Encore was joined by an Adams Launch Lab 9.5* with a graphite design DJ shaft. Byron Morgan just sent me a putter that's just as buttery as my new irons.

I don't think there's gonna be much change in the bag for a very long time.

[quote name='khangdang' timestamp='1339145623' post='5051550']
Haven't been on the forums in forever. Just scoured the BST and there's nothing good!!! What the hell man?! As for my bag, just threw all my Miura clubs (501's plus 51y, 56k, and 59c wedges) back in the bag to replace the Epon 502's and vokey wedges. God I forgot how much better Miuras feel.
[/quote]

That's like going from volkswagon to mercedes.

[quote name='mauiatheart' timestamp='1339177123' post='5053546']
[quote name='khangdang' timestamp='1339145623' post='5051550']
Haven't been on the forums in forever. Just scoured the BST and there's nothing good!!! What the hell man?! As for my bag, just threw all my Miura clubs (501's plus 51y, 56k, and 59c wedges) back in the bag to replace the Epon 502's and vokey wedges. God I forgot how much better Miuras feel.
[/quote]

That's like going from volkswagon to mercedes.
[/quote]

I think Yugo to Maybach is closer. :tongue:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I was think the same thing this weekend when I got my adams xtd. I love it. I really don't see a need to hit a driver unless I just want to hit it it a little higher of the tee.

JDM TMade SLDR set @ 11.5* w/Speeder 757
Adams Tour LS 15* w/DI7x
Adams Tour LS 19* w/DI8x & 23* 9031
Adams MB2 5-GW w/Black Nickle KBS Tour S
Machine M6 Inspirer
50*/54*/58* Satin Puglielli wedge kbs tourS
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/910665-bennysupremes-first-witb/"]WITB Link[/url]

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='mauiatheart' timestamp='1347003914' post='5600785']
I can't believe everyone stopped hoing. Must be no one wants to admit they still have a problem. No posts since June. Amazing.
[/quote]

No..we just haven't posted because we don't want to appear like "ho's" :tongue:

mine at the current moment:

Driver-Miura SIT460
3 Wood- Mizuno JPX800
HB-Mizuno MP650/18*
Irons-Miura CB501 3-pw
Wedges-Miura 1957 Y/52 & K/56 bent to 58
Putter-Miura KM005

changed HB and 3 wood out from the Adams XTD's. XTD's are great...just can't stand cleaning out the slot. Darn fresh cut grass with dew on it always got stuck in there in the early morning rounds! I know..stupid reason but I've done worse. :D

• 3 weeks later...

I just added a Scotty Cameron Circle T 009 to the bag and long with several red cameron putter covers.

Adams Tour LS 15* w/DI7x
Machine M6 Inspirer
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/910665-bennysupremes-first-witb/"]WITB Link[/url]

• 1 month later...

No in the bag yet but on its way. I just purchased an extreme offset welded twisty neck from Lamont Mann. I had to get rid of the 009, too much toe hang for me.

Adams Tour LS 15* w/DI7x
Machine M6 Inspirer

• 3 weeks later...

Just added a 2009 extreme twisty by Lamont Mann. I took it to the course today and love it. I think it may need a new grip though, not a fan of the one that is on it.

Marry Christmas every one

Adams Tour LS 15* w/DI7x
Machine M6 Inspirer

• 1 month later...

Hmmm..only TJ ho'ing in the Hawaii room or did this place just go to sleep since Xsfspeed move to Vegas???

I know Mach1 has been ho'ing bigger than ever. Rok's been trying to ho but they don't open the new shipments fast enough at the shop for him to buy!

My ho'ings been cut down quite a bit. Oddly..clubs have been working pretty darn well, I can't find anything I really want to change out. With that said...I did order a Miura 3 wood and Miura Hybrid. They were the only two clubs in my bag that weren't Miura and me being the matching brand ho in the bag kind of guy...couldn't leave that alone with the new year starting and all. I also did some cheap ho'ing the other day. Been wanting an old Ping Sedona putter for ages....saw a perfect/new Sedona on the racks at Roots the other day. At $25 couldn't pass it up. Probably will never game it...like many of my other blade/8802 style putters I have..but it does go well with the collection.

Reid, your hoing is actually been RELATIVELY slow the last couple years. I'm shocked. It's a good thing Bobby is keeping it up or the local retailers would be really hurting.

But I'll have something new by the next round. As long as RD's open the boxes up fast enough. I'm also thinking ultra lightweight driver.

8.5* Nike Vapor Speed - 7m3
15* Cobra Amp Cell - Fubuki 70x
18* Adams A12 - GD DI 85x
20* Adams Super 9031 - UST VTS 100x
54*, 58* Nike VR Forged
5-PW Mizuno MP64 - PXi 6.0

[quote name='rok78' timestamp='1359479203' post='6322111']
Reid, your hoing is actually been RELATIVELY slow the last couple years. I'm shocked. It's a good thing Bobby is keeping it up or the local retailers would be really hurting.

But I'll have something new by the next round. As long as RD's open the boxes up fast enough. I'm also thinking ultra lightweight driver.
[/quote]

Rickie...don't do it!! Your driver is fine!!!!!!!!! Remember what I said..you haven't hit a driver as good since that last Cobra you had..what was that five drivers ago! HAHAHA! Trust in the recovering "ho"...don't do it! :cheesy:

Yes I m still ho'ing. Someone needs to keep the economy going in Hawaii. Well my latest purchase is a VR covert performance driver. I am just waiting for the x hot line to come in. I decided not to get the rocketbladz tour irons, instead I am thinking about the x hot pro irons. Just waiting for RD's to get hem in.

[quote name='mach 1' timestamp='1359512319' post='6326451']
Yes I m still ho'ing. Someone needs to keep the economy going in Hawaii. Well my latest purchase is a VR covert performance driver. I am just waiting for the x hot line to come in. I decided not to get the rocketbladz tour irons, instead I am thinking about the x hot pro irons. Just waiting for RD's to get hem in.
[/quote]

PC RD had xhot woods yesterday. Didn't look to see if had irons.

Titleist 917 D3 8.5° GD TP-6<br />Titleist 917 F3 13.5° GD MJ-7<br />Titleist 816 H1 17° GD GT-85<br />Miura CB57 KBS Tour<br />Titleist TVD 50M 54M 58K KBS Tour<br />Odyssey MxM #7

I picked up a new Tour Adams Super LS Driver, fairway wood and hybrid head. I also picked up a DI7x for the Fairway and waiting on the DI85 for the Hybrid. It should be here tomorrow I hope.

Adams Tour LS 15* w/DI7x
Machine M6 Inspirer

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone see those new Ping putters with the inserts. Noticed them at Pro Am yesterday. Pretty cool feature with the adjustable length...same contraption they have on the Nome belly putter. Looks like a great feature for players to find the exact length they need and an even better feature for golf shops so they don't have to carry so much inventory.

Since it is dead here, I figured I'd add my limited hoing ways. Not playing nearly as much lately. So for the past year the additions have been a set of MP29, MP33 both with S300 from a friend and BST respectively, tour issue Cobra EncoreZL with DI6s from Joey and a Speedline LS XTD 15* Super Fairway also from Aloha Golf Center.

[quote name='mauiatheart' timestamp='1361348823' post='6463661']
Since it is dead here, I figured I'd add my limited hoing ways. Not playing nearly as much lately. So for the past year the additions have been a set of MP29, MP33 both with S300 from a friend and BST respectively, tour issue Cobra EncoreZL with DI6s from Joey and a Speedline LS XTD 15* Super Fairway also from Aloha Golf Center.
[/quote]

Buddy...about time you start puting some of those clubs to use! :tongue:

[quote name='mastayoou' timestamp='1361351914' post='6463719']
910 d3 8.5 just arrived today with kaili 65... project x 73c came 2 days before driver... ad bb 6x on its way... not sure which shaft will game

betti bb8 on its way 33.5" 355g

yes tracy on its way as well... trying to see if face balanced will work for me before investing in something nicer
[/quote]

Yes Tracy is a great putter...you might find the roll will work better than "nicer" putters. :yes:

My WITB has finally been updated. Those who know me..seen my buys..seen my sells...the bag is SET for the moment at least. For the first time in AGES..I'm all 1 brand at least in the clubs...still need to get the matching bag but that move has always been the black cloud to my "set" bag and usually means I'll have to buy a whole new set of sticks again. :blush:

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/263-pitbull808-witb-updated-february-19-2013-miura/"]http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/263-pitbull808-witb-updated-february-19-2013-miura/[/url]