Hawaii GolfWRX'ers.....what's new in the bag?

pitbull808

[quote name='rok78' timestamp='1330405020' post='4393337']
Thanks Bobby! I always believed demo days should be on the course :clapping:
[/quote]

You've been away so long..you missed out on Bubba's revolving bag of sticks..and about 6 putters between the two of us!

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rick wait until you try my Razr Fit with DI-6, I-20 irons, I-20 hybrid, maybe I-20 driver with TFC shaft if it comes in, and maybe I-20 3 wood. I have to make your once a month golf outing special right.good.gif

how is the razr fit?

better than the Fast12 ls? RHT?

oh yeah,

new driver and fw soon(waiting on agc :p )

new hybrid with a pretty decent shaft

new irons, just need to find shafts for them

• 2 weeks later...

I think since the last time I posted in here, I pulled the gap wedge and replaced my sand and lob with Miura K (bent to 54) and C (59) grinds to make space for a used Adam's A12 Pro hybrid. Lastly, the I15 has been replaced w/a 8.5 ZL Encore which is proving to be a TON more forgiving. Thanks of course go to the AGC gang.

I'd like to say for the exception of a shaft upgrade for the hybrid that my bag is set for the year...but already a bunch of things have come up that are tempting. Notably a new putter, and the new Adam's XTD's. Fighting it!

LOL..don't fight the urge to ho! It's futile!!! My bag is pretty empty at the moment lacking a 3 wood and hybrid. Yes, the LP was a great 3 wood..idiot proof for sure! But alas I'm an idiot and want a XTD in my bag! It may not be as easy to launch but damn even a miss is pretty long. My A12 hybrid was money as well..but after demo'ing AGC's XTD hybrid, again, I had to order a few heads for myself. I did pass on the LP and A12 to another 808 golfer so I'm sure he'll be happy with my hoping.

I'm also debating (surprise NOT) a few putters. Me resisting a new putter is like a fat kid refusing cake. I wish I could be one of those guys who uses the same putter for years..probably could if I wanted but I'd be bored as all..... So, the current debate goes on with 3 putters I'm debating. I'll let you all know which one I decide to buy..or if I buy all of them. :pardon:

[quote name='armydiver' timestamp='1331451941' post='4480911']
No new clubs but playing three new shafts installed at Aloha Golf Center. It was nice to see you guys! Wondering if I should have gone with the AD/DI now, still too early to tell if Im loving my G series. I was never a ho befo, hope the sickness isn't contagious :)
[/quote]

It's never too late to go DI, haha. That said...how's that spinner doing?

No new clubs but playing three new shafts installed at Aloha Golf Center. It was nice to see you guys! Wondering if I should have gone with the AD/DI now, still too early to tell if Im loving my G series. I was never a ho befo, hope the sickness isn't contagious :)
[/quote]

Nice seeing you too! :drinks: Ho-ing contagious?? LOL...never! Otherwise I'd have bought 6 drivers, 4 sets of irons, 6 fairways and hybrids like my cart partner Bubba. :D Which helps me stop ho-ing because weekends are demo days!

[quote name='mauiatheart' timestamp='1331599784' post='4494465']
Picked up a pristine set of MP-29 from my friend. I knew they were clean, but most of the clubs look unhit. And a complete set too, 1-SW. Are they toooooo pretty to put into play? This is the one set I have been waiting for my friend to sell and it's now mine. Yes. :clapping::clapping:
[/quote]

Yes, they are too pretty to put into play? Nice pick up, jealous.

[quote name='Yuji' timestamp='1331499582' post='4483965']
[/quote]

It's never too late to go DI, haha. That said...how's that spinner doing?
[/quote]

Really happy with everything so far. You guys did a great job!

[quote name='Redhaze737' timestamp='1331710868' post='4504709']
[quote name='pitbull808' timestamp='1331705007' post='4504579']
Chad/mauiatheart tried the Shotmaker. It was pretty funny watching the lock not lock in the shaft and him adjusting it all night at the range. :D
[/quote]

I can see the humor in that. Did he ever get to hit it on the course?
[/quote]

I'm pretty sure he did and once he see's this will add his 3 cents. :D I'm pretty sure he's given up on it.

Joey just replaced the shaft of a club with one installed last week.

[quote name='pitbull808' timestamp='1331750966' post='4507529']
[quote name='Redhaze737' timestamp='1331710868' post='4504709']
[quote name='pitbull808' timestamp='1331705007' post='4504579']
Chad/mauiatheart tried the Shotmaker. It was pretty funny watching the lock not lock in the shaft and him adjusting it all night at the range. :D
[/quote]

I can see the humor in that. Did he ever get to hit it on the course?
[/quote]

I'm pretty sure he did and once he see's this will add his 3 cents. :D I'm pretty sure he's given up on it.

Joey just replaced the shaft of a club with one installed last week.
[/quote]

I wouldn't waste your money on the Shotmaker. Didn't make a bit of difference in my eyes. All it did was pi$$ me off when it would come loose, and that was pretty often. I got a deal on a used one and was able to sell it in less than 2 hours on BST when I gave up on it. So it ended up being a $5 experiment that lasted about a week. I was hopeful, but in the end all it gave me was irritation. Save your money and get fit with the proper shaft flex by Joey....or Carlton, if he ever opens again.

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='mauiatheart' timestamp='1332833326' post='4590026']
Well I decided to put the MP29s in the bag this weekend. They are pretty, but I have to hit them. At least the Hos can see them as I will be following them on Saturday.
[/quote]

LOL..I guess we better watch out if you're ever on a hole running parallel to us. :tongue:

MP29s were sweet, but they are too nice to game all the time. They are going back in their box and in the closet. Shafting up the Blade Golf blades with stiff shafts and putting them in the bag.

I can't believe I did it, but I bought that stupid Odyssey from AGC and put it in the bag. Still can't believe I have an Odyssey in my bag. But I putted lights out with it. Two birdies and 4 par saves and two more birdie lip outs. Of course I did take a 14 and a 9 in the first 4 holes to screw up the score. :russian_roulette:

[quote name='mauiatheart' timestamp='1333234693' post='4620841']
MP29s were sweet, but they are too nice to game all the time. They are going back in their box and in the closet. Shafting up the Blade Golf blades with stiff shafts and putting them in the bag.

I can't believe I did it, but I bought that stupid Odyssey from AGC and put it in the bag. Still can't believe I have an Odyssey in my bag. But I putted lights out with it. Two birdies and 4 par saves and two more birdie lip outs. Of course I did take a 14 and a 9 in the first 4 holes to screw up the score. :russian_roulette:
[/quote]

Those MP29's were definitely too sweet to be playing all the time. As for the Odyssey..heck..we ALL putted well with that putter! LOL it was just a matter of time till someone bought it because something about it rolled putts well. My Odyssey Pro Type was the only thing good in my bag today. I think I had 13 putts on the front 9. Too bad I only hit 1 green on the front. :russian_roulette:

[quote name='pitbull808' timestamp='1333264323' post='4623085']
[quote name='mauiatheart' timestamp='1333234693' post='4620841']

[/quote]

Those MP29's were definitely too sweet to be playing all the time. As for the Odyssey..heck..we ALL putted well with that putter! LOL it was just a matter of time till someone bought it because something about it rolled putts well. My Odyssey Pro Type was the only thing good in my bag today. I think I had 13 putts on the front 9. Too bad I only hit 1 green on the front. :russian_roulette:
[/quote]

And imagine if there were a crystal...

8.5* Nike Vapor Speed - 7m3
15* Cobra Amp Cell - Fubuki 70x
18* Adams A12 - GD DI 85x
20* Adams Super 9031 - UST VTS 100x
54*, 58* Nike VR Forged
5-PW Mizuno MP64 - PXi 6.0

[quote name='rok78' timestamp='1333269241' post='4623151']
And imagine if there were a crystal...
[/quote]

Ricky...hehehe..if I still have the same putter the next time you play with us..it just might be blinged the heck out! :D

[quote name='mauiatheart' timestamp='1333698271' post='4663042']
Hopefully the new Encore ZL will work well. Especially tomorrow where we play from the stupid long tees.
[/quote]

The ZL is the least of my concerns tomorrow. It's everything after that until I get to my putter! :tongue:

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='rok78' timestamp='1333991069' post='4685448']
Not that I'll be playing soon, but I will have new irons to play with next time I do. Maybe some wedges too, but not sure about that yet.
[/quote]

what you buying/bought Ricky??

[quote name='rok78' timestamp='1335146879' post='4770972']
Well, if you werent sick and my irons actually arrived, you would know. Hopefully next time I'll have some S56 irons in the bag.
[/quote]

LOL sorry! C'mon it's my first round missed because of :bad: S56's huh? You falling on the Ping/Bubba bandwagon?? :tongue:

Ha, I actually bid on them before the Masters and no one else bid, so I paid on the 13th and they only got here yesterday. So next time out I will probably have them in the bag. But who knows when that will be? Probably a couple of weeks.

8.5* Nike Vapor Speed - 7m3
15* Cobra Amp Cell - Fubuki 70x
18* Adams A12 - GD DI 85x
20* Adams Super 9031 - UST VTS 100x
54*, 58* Nike VR Forged
5-PW Mizuno MP64 - PXi 6.0

• 2 weeks later...