Hawaii GolfWRX'ers.....what's new in the bag?

pitbull808

I'm in the same boat, I have played maybe 5 or so times this year. Every since Dec. I have been spending all my time in the gym. I went from 3 or 4 rounds of golf a week to 3 or 4 round every couple months.

JDM TMade SLDR set @ 11.5* w/Speeder 757
Adams Tour LS 15* w/DI7x
Adams Tour LS 19* w/DI8x & 23* 9031
Adams MB2 5-GW w/Black Nickle KBS Tour S
Machine M6 Inspirer
50*/54*/58* Satin Puglielli wedge kbs tourS
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/910665-bennysupremes-first-witb/"]WITB Link[/url]

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='pitbull808' timestamp='1360694159' post='6414427']
Anyone see those new Ping putters with the inserts. Noticed them at Pro Am yesterday. Pretty cool feature with the adjustable length...same contraption they have on the Nome belly putter. Looks like a great feature for players to find the exact length they need and an even better feature for golf shops so they don't have to carry so much inventory.
[/quote]

I tried these at Roger Dunn. The inserts are pretty firm. I grabbed the Shea-H they had there, and funny enough, they had both the standard and adjustable length models.

There's a bit more weight in the adjustable model, but I felt a lot better with that one. Might be going in my bag within the month, gonna have to kick that Pinseeker half mallet I got...

[quote name='DJB808' timestamp='1368998706' post='7064904']
I tried these at Roger Dunn. The inserts are pretty firm. I grabbed the Shea-H they had there, and funny enough, they had both the standard and adjustable length models.

There's a bit more weight in the adjustable model, but I felt a lot better with that one. Might be going in my bag within the month, gonna have to kick that Pinseeker half mallet I got...
[/quote]

The Shea H is a pretty good looking putter...I was messing with it the other week as well at RD's.

• 2 weeks later...

Since arriving about 3 weeks ago, got some new toys tweaked for loft/lie by Joey and Adam @ AGC. Titleist 712mbs, Vokey sm4 54m and 60k, Bettinardi BB1f were done absolutely perfectly, very pleased!- Mitchell

Titleist TSR2 10* (d4 surefit) Fujikura Motore Speeder 7.2s
Titleist 904f 17* YS7+s
Titleist 962b 3-pw s300
Cleveland zipcore tour rack custom 52* s400
Cleveland zipcore tour rack custom 58* s400
Ping Zing2 BeCu

[quote name='DJB808' timestamp='1369899261' post='7133520']
On that subject, just a quick question to you guys; who are the "best" club fitters on O'ahu? I'd like to get fitted in the coming months, but don't know where would be the best bang for my buck. I'm thinking Aloha Golf, most definitely, but looking to see what you guys have to say before I full on commit
[/quote]Sure Reid will chime in here, but having recently moved here from NC and played a bit on a reasonably competitive level before, I would definitely recommend Aloha Golf. I have seen the care that Joe Kwok, Dana Upshaw and Chip Usher take in their work and would be just as comfortable having Joey and Adam @ Aloha do any fitting as any of the above-named fitters. The guys will not try to make a sale just to turn a profit, but genuinely want to take the time to get a proper fit that leads to better consistency. I personally am very particular about my equipment, and based on Reid's recommendation and my experience with them, I have absolute confidence you would be safe and well-pleased with Aloha Golf.-Mitchell

Titleist 904f 17* YS7+s
Titleist 962b 3-pw s300
Ping Zing2 BeCu

[quote name='nochrome' timestamp='1369902300' post='7133566']
On that subject, just a quick question to you guys; who are the "best" club fitters on O'ahu? I'd like to get fitted in the coming months, but don't know where would be the best bang for my buck. I'm thinking Aloha Golf, most definitely, but looking to see what you guys have to say before I full on commit
[/quote]Sure Reid will chime in here, but having recently moved here from NC and played a bit on a reasonably competitive level before, I would definitely recommend Aloha Golf. I have seen the care that Joe Kwok, Dana Upshaw and Chip Usher take in their work and would be just as comfortable having Joey and Adam @ Aloha do any fitting as any of the above-named fitters. The guys will not try to make a sale just to turn a profit, but genuinely want to take the time to get a proper fit that leads to better consistency. I personally am very particular about my equipment, and based on Reid's recommendation and my experience with them, I have absolute confidence you would be safe and well-pleased with Aloha Golf.-Mitchell
[/quote]

Somebody mention my name? :D Locally....there's only one place that I'll trust to go to and that's Aloha Golf Center. Joey's been a club nut for as long as I can remember and about as anal as anyone I know. That's a great trait to have as a club maker. :D I'm there pretty often shooting the bull and looking at golf...probably a bad thing because I keep trying new stuff all the time. I know Joey's has a Mizuno, Cobra and Adams fitting cart/bags. He can also fit you into pretty much everything else including Miura. Great bunch of guys there..just ask for Joey or Adam...and more than likely you'll fun into me screwing around in there too. :drinks:

[quote name='pitbull808' timestamp='1370325396' post='7165574']
[quote name='nochrome' timestamp='1369902300' post='7133566']
[/quote]

Somebody mention my name? :D Locally....there's only one place that I'll trust to go to and that's Aloha Golf Center. Joey's been a club nut for as long as I can remember and about as anal as anyone I know. That's a great trait to have as a club maker. :D I'm there pretty often shooting the bull and looking at golf...probably a bad thing because I keep trying new stuff all the time. I know Joey's has a Mizuno, Cobra and Adams fitting cart/bags. He can also fit you into pretty much everything else including Miura. Great bunch of guys there..just ask for Joey or Adam...and more than likely you'll fun into me screwing around in there too. :drinks:
[/quote]

AGC are not fitters...they are club ho enablers! And despite always being right about a fit, they also understand the need to ho and will give you suggestions and then if you have a strong bonehead direction you insist on going, will help make that fit you as well. Not sure if that makes sense. I'm tired and am working too much lately.

AGC = good. /thread

But one last note, it's nice to have known Joey long enough that when I wanted to try PXi for no other reason than to try it, he knew what flex it should be. If I had self-fit I may have gone a little too stiff and not have picked up a half club with my irons, with the great feel of MP 64 + PXi's.

8.5* Nike Vapor Speed - 7m3
15* Cobra Amp Cell - Fubuki 70x
18* Adams A12 - GD DI 85x
20* Adams Super 9031 - UST VTS 100x
54*, 58* Nike VR Forged
5-PW Mizuno MP64 - PXi 6.0

I used get fit by a different fitter, I also used to tinker. Generally I go by feel, flight, and distance. Every now and then I used to check my numbers, just to make sure my numbers are somewhat close to ideal, but I try not to pay too much attention to them.

When I went to purchase my last driver(Adams Launch Lab) from AGC, I figured I'd ask Joey for a proper fitting, since it had been a while since I had one, and I planned to keep this driver for a while.

Long story short, although my numbers were decent with my old set-up. By matching the shaft profile to my swing, I actually gained about 10 yards carry and total distance due increased launch, slightly low spin, and a much more consistent smash factor.

Haven't gone to anyone else since, and I don't plan to. As the on course performance is the best it's ever been. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Had my first visit to AGC! Everyone was helpful and friendly and it looks like a great place! Great seeing you again Reid and thanks for the catching up on all the stuff going on while I was on hiatus!

There are some seriously awesome tech there which I just know im going to have to try once I can get my swing more consistent.....

And as much as I told Reid that those Oakley bags were too big or more than what I need....honestly, I was "THIS" close to snagging that Oakley tour bag which looks really nice! I hope someone buys it before I go back to AGC otherwise I may end up breaking down and getting it......if so ill post a pic here HAHA....although based on reading the other posts here im sure most everyone reading this already knows what it looks like!

Wade..great seeing you too. You've been away much too long! HAHA! But you've got some great irons still in that bag but there's a couple puka's that look like they need filling. I'm sure Joey can help you out with that! And..that Oakley Staff bag...please take it out of my sight..or someone! :D

not quite a club purchase but I did pick up a new OGIO stand bag/cart bag and just couldn't resist getting a fun new toy at RDs....the Garmin Approach Watch (the older S2 model, not the new S3) which gives you hole view, shot measure, scores, distances to front middle and back of green, layup and dogleg distances, odometer and of course time.....took it to Ala wai for a late 9 holes and it was fun.,,,playing partner asked me if I was late or had an appointment after golf as I kept looking at my wrist watch all he time!

• 5 weeks later...

Wade...how you liking the S2? I'm still using the S1 and it's been the best GPS I've ever used. So convenient...just had to get used to wearing a watch while playing. It's funny...you get so used to it..I once forgot it and although I didn't have it any watch on..I kept looking at my wrist at every shot! :D

• 6 months later...

...does anyone even come here anymore? Been dead in this subforum for a while.

To continue on topic, I had a G15 9* head laying around for a few months, and found a Grafalloy Tour Prototype (Pink, Stiff) for $30 on eBay. Had Taka down at Pro-Am put in it for me and been messing around with the combination for the past month.

Initially, I contacted Grafalloy about the stock length for the steel section, (8-1/8in, from tip to black plastic ring,) and measured out mine to... 7-3/8in.

Hitting the thing, it is high and DEEP.... but only when I can produce enough lag and swingspeed to generate enough spin on the ball. Normal swings for me produce a high launch knuckleball, falling out of the sky at 200yds. I like a head-heavy driver, and the feel is perfect in my hands, but the steel section is killing way more spin than I wanted it to. Might have to hunt for another shaft that hasn't been tipped to Bubba/fairway spec.

If you see a guy with a pink BiMatrx struggling at Newtown range, feel free to stop by and sample it. If you can create more swingspeed than me, it's a beast.

We were just talking about how dead this forum is the other day...my explanation...back when it was busy hardly any of us knew each other in person. Now we all hang out at the same places etc...all the talk gets done in person. Five of us were at Newtown last night. :yes:

I have to ask this because the hunt for shafts locally is pretty slim pickings, but does anyone have any iron shaft sets they're looking to offload? I've been desperately looking for a set of .370 Project X 95 pulls or Dynalite Gold XP's, but so far I haven't found anything. Anyone got ANY sets of ANY shafts they're looking to offload?

• 4 weeks later...

I just found this little corner of the forums! Is it really dead? or still get some action here LOL...

I will add, Just picked up the Xhot pro 3 wood.... Damn thing is amazing! Wish I found this thing earlier =) Love it!!!!

TM - Stealth 1.0 - Rouge 70X
TM 15* M2v1 - RIP Phenom 60S
TM 18* M2v1 - Rogue 60S
Sub70- 659CB PW-4 KBS120 S
Vokey SM7 - 50*/8*, 56*/10* & 60*/8* S200
Scotty Newport 2 - 33"

[quote name='Exactice808' timestamp='1395128978' post='8895627']
I just found this little corner of the forums! Is it really dead? or still get some action here LOL...

I will add, Just picked up the Xhot pro 3 wood.... Damn thing is amazing! Wish I found this thing earlier =) Love it!!!!
[/quote]

LOL..pretty dead in that I'm probably the only one that answers. Nice pick up...I demo'ed the XHot and it does seem pretty hot.

New for me in the last 6 months........

Miura MB001's.
Miura White Boron KM005 putter
Miura KM350 putter....had one..sold it and missed it very much. Found this used one at a price I couldn't pass up.
Odyssey Jailbird...kept messing with it at AGC and had to buy it
Basileus Fiamma shaft installed in my trusty old Miura SIT 460 driver

on order
Miura PP001straight necks....just because I HAD to try them
Miura SIT 3 wood...just because it's new

[quote name='pitbull808' timestamp='1395168150' post='8898529']
[quote name='Exactice808' timestamp='1395128978' post='8895627']

[/quote]

LOL..pretty dead in that I'm probably the only one that answers. Nice pick up...I demo'ed the XHot and it does seem pretty hot.

New for me in the last 6 months........

Miura MB001's.
Miura White Boron KM005 putter
Miura KM350 putter....had one..sold it and missed it very much. Found this used one at a price I couldn't pass up.
Odyssey Jailbird...kept messing with it at AGC and had to buy it
Basileus Fiamma shaft installed in my trusty old Miura SIT 460 driver

on order
Miura PP001straight necks....just because I HAD to try them
Miura SIT 3 wood...just because it's new
[/quote]

Shucks!!! Oh well, I will see if I can post here and there to revive the place i guess ahaha. Im pretty active in the main forums. Also I think I met you at the 2012 Sony Open You were photoing Doug, to bad I didnt realize you were a WRX marshal would have loved to get a GolfWRX Chip! Dang!

TM 18* M2v1 - Rogue 60S
Scotty Newport 2 - 33"

[quote name='Exactice808' timestamp='1395173855' post='8899195']
Shucks!!! Oh well, I will see if I can post here and there to revive the place i guess ahaha. Im pretty active in the main forums. Also I think I met you at the 2012 Sony Open You were photoing Doug, to bad I didnt realize you were a WRX marshal would have loved to get a GolfWRX Chip! Dang!
[/quote]

I told some of the guys that usually post here that I'm posting again in the room. Maybe they'll chime in. I've been Doug's caddie for the last six or seven years now I think. If you ever see me....I've usually got a chip somewhere to give. I'll probably be at the LPGA Lotte practice rounds as well.

Just got a SM5 60-04 L grind with s400, needed a lower bounce 60* - anxious to get it on the course, worked well hitting flops into lounge chair off balcony at Ko'Olina :)

Titleist 904f 17* YS7+s
Titleist 962b 3-pw s300
Ping Zing2 BeCu

[quote name='golf80808' timestamp='1395195091' post='8901645']
Just picked up a SLDR 9.5 with the TP Motore Speeder stiff. Previously used a 910 D2.

Any suggestion on the settings?
[/quote]

LOL..was just telling a friend the other day...the reason I love my SIT 460 is because of the lack of adjustability. I'm a freeking idjet when it comes to adjustable drivers and can't stop tinkering.

[quote name='mauiatheart' timestamp='1395199993' post='8902235']
Thanks for waking the page up. It's been awhile. Since the room went into hibernation.

Byron 611 with twisty neck.
[/quote]

That twisty neck was VERY nice looking...forgot to give it a roll the last time you came out! >_<

[quote name='pitbull808' timestamp='1395253878' post='8905515']
[quote name='golf80808' timestamp='1395195091' post='8901645']
Just picked up a SLDR 9.5 with the TP Motore Speeder stiff. Previously used a 910 D2.

Any suggestion on the settings?
[/quote]

LOL..was just telling a friend the other day...the reason I love my SIT 460 is because of the lack of adjustability. I'm a freeking idjet when it comes to adjustable drivers and can't stop tinkering.
[/quote]

This was my problem with the original RBZ..... Unreal how my swing was so inconsistent so I would end up messing with it so much. Ruined my driver for a while till I went back to my 07 Burner TP. I went with the Covert now but I leave it stock @ 10.5 N. I play a bonded 3 wood, have you noticed a difference weight due to the adapters?

Golf80808 As for SLDR settings sorry my friend no Idea, I have a Covert and been really trying to figure the launch on this thing too. I figure set it to the Ball flight you desire. I have been messing with ball flight for a month and I am happy with 10.5. I noticed the face angle changes when I messed with the lofts so neutral worked the best for me. I have "some" ability to hit up or hit down on the ball so I would rather just sole the club and swing away. Rather than have a delofted closed face or and lofted open face at address....

TM 18* M2v1 - Rogue 60S
Scotty Newport 2 - 33"

Been too busy spending money at AGC to post in here, plus I see most of the guys on the forum at AGC. Recently I've picked up a Callaway Big Bertha driver and had Joey at AGC put a Basileus Fiamma shaft in it. I also got a X2Hot 3 and 5 wood from AGC and had them put in Graphite Designs G70 shafts in them. Got the new Cobra BioCell hybrid with a GD UT hybrid shaft in it. Also picked up some Miura K grind wedges, and an Odyssey Tank Putter. Most recently I picked up some Epon AF503 irons with PXi shafts in them.

Taylormade M2 9.5* Graphite Design GP 6s
Taylormade M2 15* Graphite Design DJ 7x
Taylormade M1 17* and 21* Graphite Design Tour AD-GT 85s
Miura PP-9003 5-PW Nippon Ns Pro Modus 3 120 stiff
Titleist forged Vokey 50, 54, 58 wedges Nippon Ns Pro Modus 120
Scotty Cameron 009 beached 350 gram

[quote name='chuckyuen' timestamp='1395635577' post='8936283']
Been too busy spending money at AGC to post in here, plus I see most of the guys on the forum at AGC. Recently I've picked up a Callaway Big Bertha driver and had Joey at AGC put a Basileus Fiamma shaft in it. I also got a X2Hot 3 and 5 wood from AGC and had them put in Graphite Designs G70 shafts in them. Got the new Cobra BioCell hybrid with a GD UT hybrid shaft in it. Also picked up some Miura K grind wedges, and an Odyssey Tank Putter. Most recently I picked up some Epon AF503 irons with PXi shafts in them.
[/quote]

Good God!!!! My co-worker/buddy just put a Basileus in a BioCell Driver from AGC.......$800 golf club I dont know how you guys can do it!!! But I will say that shaft is a beast. Something about it just works! Man I need to stop on by AGC but Im scared I'll get sucked into buying an $800 driver! LOL!

TM 18* M2v1 - Rogue 60S
Scotty Newport 2 - 33"

[quote name='Exactice808' timestamp='1395637121' post='8936385']
[quote name='chuckyuen' timestamp='1395635577' post='8936283']
[/quote]

Good God!!!! My co-worker/buddy just put a Basileus in a BioCell Driver from AGC.......$800 golf club I dont know how you guys can do it!!! But I will say that shaft is a beast. Something about it just works! Man I need to stop on by AGC but Im scared I'll get sucked into buying an $800 driver! LOL!
[/quote]

LOL..Chucky...didn't know you picked up a Tank...I would have sold you the one I had for a week! That Cobra BioCell HB is a great hybrid for sure and the GD UT is ALWAYS my choice for HB shafts. K Grinds...yup...got three of those too and you can't go wrong with them. The 60 I have bent to a 58 has made me a good bunker player for the first time ever.

Exactice...as for the Basileus...I've got the Fiamma too and it's been incredible for me. I've just about finished a review on it that I'll have posted here at GolfWRX. It does cost more but the feel in it can't be touched and I've probably spent over $1200 in shafts prior to the Fiamma for the same Miura SIT 460 head that I've played for almost two years now. The Fiamma has me loving my SIT more than ever and as many new drivers that have caught my eye, I can't see even messing with what I've got now. Don't be afraid to drop by AGC...Joey and Adam are great fitters and they won't fit you into anything they don't think will actually help your numbers. I've seen Joey on more then one occasion suggest swing changes first and to come back later.