2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Mark Burke Update

Lefty94

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First, I can be very generous, kind and understanding, but this guy is the quintessential con man-cry baby.. Hey, your girl friend left/sued you whatever. Ever hear of a lawyer ?( I'm not one) He's better outfitted than 80% of the golfers I see. He gets a free ride on everything and he is probably paid well by The Golf Channel. Now I'm thinking fake all the way or a guy who really is going to end up in the ditch, permanently, one day. I agree with some other posts. This guy needs to grow up, get a real life and quit whining and blaming everyone but himself. He got a shot and did not qualify. Tough, try again. I won't be watching this nonsense. Do a show on someone who really has to overcome adversity to play.

I've played at the Ridge in Auburn, it's a pretty nice layout; hosted an LPGA event. Can't believe this dick is getting opportunities all over the place.

I might head over to the place he works at just to get a sight of this celebrity. I might ask for a picture and an autograph. [u][b][i]Hopefully[/i][/b][/u], he won't charge for the privilege of meeting such an outstanding fellow.

[url="http://www.homeontherangegolf.com/index.php"]http://www.homeonthe...f.com/index.php[/url]
This is the place's website. I can't wait to see his bio on their "Our Pro" section!

[quote name='bubbagump' timestamp='1325106588' post='3997751']
This thread has taken the turn I had hoped it would. Hating on Burk is hilarious lol
[/quote]

Yap...right up my alley too!

Nate where you at?

Wishon 919 THI 11* 0.5* Open
Wishon 929 HS 14.5*, 19* 0.5 Open
Wishon 775HS 22*, 25*
Wishon 5, 6 560 MC 7-PW MMC MB
Wishon 54, 59 Micro-Groove HM
All shafts are S2S Stepless Steel Wishon

MAJOR UPDATE!!!

From the Sacramento Bee, Jan 4, 2012:

[b][color="#8b0000"]A lesson somewhere[/color]

[/b]
[color="#8b0000"][b]Mark Burk[/b]'s stay in Northern California lasted less than a month. His stint at Home on the Range was shorter.[/color]

[color="#8b0000"]Burk, the homeless man with the pro-golf aspirations documented last year on the [url="http://topics.sacbee.com/Golf+Channel/"]Golf Channel[/url]reality series "Pipe Dream," has been booted from the Newcastle driving range by owner/operator[b]Phil Green[/b].[/color]

[color="#8b0000"]The departure came less than two weeks after Green provided Burk with a recreational vehicle in which to live and the chance to earn money giving lessons while pursuing another reality TV series – the Golf Channel didn't renew the series.[/color]

[b][color="#8b0000"]"He's the most ungracious homeless guy you could ever meet," Green said. "He feels entitled to having people take care of him. I tried to help him, but he didn't want to work. I told him, 'I have a 12-year-old daughter; I don't need a 54-year-old son.' "[/color][/b]

[color="#8b0000"]Burk was planning to return to the Palm Springs area, where "Pipe Dream" was filmed, Green said. The Newcastle pro said he wishes Burk well, but the notion that Burk could be a touring golfer is unrealistic.[/color]

[color="#8b0000"]"He couldn't beat me in five rounds," Green said.[/color]

[color="#8b0000"]The Golf Channel will debut a new reality series later this year called "Chasing the Dream." It will feature [b]Robbie Biershenk[/b], 34, who Golf Channel watchers got to know during "Big Break: Indian Wells," and [b]Chris Anderson[/b], a 40-year-old journeyman and California native. [/color]

Many Byron Putters
Scratch Don Whites
Scratch Jeff McCoys
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/646544-finalists-witb-452013-damascus-byron-scratch-td/page__hl__%20finalist"]WITB Link[/url]

[quote name='finalist' timestamp='1325698464' post='4027537']
MAJOR UPDATE!!!

[/b]
[color="#8b0000"][b]Mark Burk[/b]'s stay in Northern California lasted less than a month. His stint at Home on the Range was shorter.[/color]

[color="#8b0000"]Burk, the homeless man with the pro-golf aspirations documented last year on the [url="http://topics.sacbee.com/Golf+Channel/"]Golf Channel[/url]reality series "Pipe Dream," has been booted from the Newcastle driving range by owner/operator[b]Phil Green[/b].[/color]

[color="#8b0000"]The departure came less than two weeks after Green provided Burk with a recreational vehicle in which to live and the chance to earn money giving lessons while pursuing another reality TV series – the Golf Channel didn't renew the series.[/color]

[b][color="#8b0000"]"He's the most ungracious homeless guy you could ever meet," Green said. "He feels entitled to having people take care of him. I tried to help him, but he didn't want to work. I told him, 'I have a 12-year-old daughter; I don't need a 54-year-old son.' "[/color][/b]

[color="#8b0000"]Burk was planning to return to the Palm Springs area, where "Pipe Dream" was filmed, Green said. The Newcastle pro said he wishes Burk well, but the notion that Burk could be a touring golfer is unrealistic.[/color]

[color="#8b0000"]The Golf Channel will debut a new reality series later this year called "Chasing the Dream." It will feature [b]Robbie Biershenk[/b], 34, who Golf Channel watchers got to know during "Big Break: Indian Wells," and [b]Chris Anderson[/b], a 40-year-old journeyman and California native. [/color]

[/quote]

Maybe I will invite him to my member/guest. With his talent, I can't lose!!!!! Unless our former junior pro who shoots 66 is there.

G25 10.5,15,16.5,17
Diablo Edge 3-pw
Oddeysey White Ice #6
Every kind of wedge there is

[quote name='peanutandjelly' timestamp='1325722255' post='4029537']
MAJOR UPDATE!!!

[/b]

[/quote]

Maybe I will invite him to my member/guest. With his talent, I can't lose!!!!! Unless our former junior pro who shoots 66 is there.
[/quote]

I just had a brilliant idea....Prez Obama has all those czars. he appointed another one today as a recess appointment...Prez likes to play golf...see where I am going with this? GOLF CZAR...his only function would be to ride along, play 9 holes or so, take Prez out to the putting green...they could hit balls off the top of the white house!!! see if they could hit the treasury dept, maybe put one thru Geitner's window for a laugh. Or make a pitch and putt course around the whole white house, lots of land there. He could park his RV in the driveway or over at Biden's house, who also has a huge yard at the naval observatory.

But knowing Mark, he would complain that he can't have his own room upstairs and his own chopper.

G25 10.5,15,16.5,17
Diablo Edge 3-pw
Oddeysey White Ice #6
Every kind of wedge there is

MAJOR UPDATE!!!

[/b]

[/quote]

Words cannot express my joy. Sitting here mad because GC screwed up its schedule thus screwing me out of taping a classic Shell's Wonderful World (the first one at Pine Valley) that I was waiting to watch, something guided me to a Burk update and the gift of this article. At least GC isn't involved anymore.

Someone posted the email of the new alleged producer/whatever. Emailed her my thoughts on Burk a few weeks ago. Strangely, no reply.

hahaha, burk is truly a loser. I'm glad it's getting out there.

Hawkeye...you should try sending out another email to the website. Maybe Jabba is still tight with burk.

Wishon 919 THI 11* 0.5* Open
Wishon 929 HS 14.5*, 19* 0.5 Open
Wishon 775HS 22*, 25*
Wishon 5, 6 560 MC 7-PW MMC MB
Wishon 54, 59 Micro-Groove HM
All shafts are S2S Stepless Steel Wishon

[quote name='HAWKEYE77' timestamp='1325728922' post='4030167']
MAJOR UPDATE!!!

[/b]

[/quote]

Words cannot express my joy. Sitting here mad because GC screwed up its schedule thus screwing me out of taping a classic Shell's Wonderful World (the first one at Pine Valley) that I was waiting to watch, something guided me to a Burk update and the gift of this article. At least GC isn't involved anymore.

Someone posted the email of the new alleged producer/whatever. Emailed her my thoughts on Burk a few weeks ago. Strangely, no reply.
[/quote]

Same here. I was all set to DVR the Pine Valley episode and watch it after work, only to find that they were showing Morning Drive.

Glad to see I wasn't the only one mad over WWOG being booted for Morning Drive. I almost threw my remote through the TV, but then came to the realization that it would do absolutely nothing. I want to play a round against Burk, I really do. I'll bring my buddy who plays Nationwide, and Burk can bring a friend of his choosing. (Knowing him, he would somehow get Tiger) We can play for his house, ok never mind. His car, well, no. His paycheck, hm, well clearly he has nothing to lose. Wait! His clubs! I'll play him for his clubs. Oh, and as to that article on how he acted: *ahem* ":censored2::censored2::censored2::censored2::censored2::censored2::censored2::censored2::censored2::censored2::censored2::censored2::censored2::censored2::censored2::censored2::censored2::censored2: ." That is all.

WOW!!!! Just wow!!!! How many more chances is this dude going to get? Maybe TM could find a job for him as an ambassador or something. They can just pay him to ride his bike around carrying his TM staff bag. Kind of like those moving billboard things...

XR 16 9.5 Fubuki ZT
XR 16 15* PX 6.0
XHot Pro 3 hy PX 6.0
Callaway 09 X Forged 3i, 5-pw - PX 6.0
Callaway MD3 52*, 56*, 60* KBS Tour
Odyssey Vera B/W/B #7,
Ball -TM TP5X

• 1 month later...

It's been a month since our last Mark Burk update...

I feel that there is an obligation to report the greatness of the man. Anyhow, on January 10 to 12th he played at Soboba Springs, in San Jacinto, California in a Golfweek National Pro Tour Qualifier.

AND...?

He placed fifth to last in the field. He went [u]85-79-74[/u].

+22. I guess he can take the positives from improving each day of the tournament...

He should just stop.

ANOTHER Mark Burk update!

Looks like he's got a nice swing video up.

AND...he's taking his talents outside of the continental 48! Looks like he's taking his talents to...PUERTO RICO! black%20eye.gif

The people of Puerto Rico are so lucky that Mark Burk will be playing there! (At least that's what it says in the video description).

He also has videos up of him interviewing cancer survivors/patients or something. Didn't waste my time watching those. He's such an inspiration. russian_roulette.gif

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/iRQW-HlUY0I" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>