Craft beer Drinkers Unite!

Slapjax7s

[quote name='mflores' timestamp='1442619133' post='12333018']
Beer train - riding home in style

[attachment=2960158:ImageUploadedByGolfWRX Mobile1442619125.800896.jpg]
[/quote]
Is that the founders aluminum pint glass? Saw it online the other day and was thinking of grabbing one. What's your thoughts on it?

Hitting up AZ Wilderness tomorrow for lunch, then Sunday one of my bottle shops/bars is putting out all the limited stuff they decided not to put on shelves for general public sale behind the bar for sale. It is going to be a long day Sunday hahahah. Available bottles will be Helldorado, Stickee Monkee, Sucaba, BCBS, BCBCS, BCBBW, KBS, Bells planet series (all of them) 2014 Abyss and a couple other Deschuttes

[twitter]oneputtblunder[/twitter]
10.5 Aeroburner TP Fujikura Speeder Pro XLR8
14.5 X2 Hot 3 Deep Tour Green
18* X2 Hot Pro Hybrid
RSI TP 4-PW KBS Tour 120
Byron Morgan DH89 Rincon Neck deep mill or Circa 62 No 2
Vokey 52/56/60 SM5/TVDK/TVDVgrind DG S300
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/175527-one-putts-road-to-redemption-bag-04262014/"]WITB Link[/url]

Interested to hear your take on wilderness, it gets a lot of hype and everyone seems to swing off their nuts. I have to say that they have a pretty different tap list, but lots of low ABV beers and stuff.

ON TAP AT THE BREWPUB
Today's Taplist .
Tropical Storm Extra Pale Ale 6.8% - An IPA with 100% Australian grown Galaxy hops.
De Kofa 5.4% - Using a traditional pale ale malt base, we fermented it with Westmalle yeast which adds a depth of character to one of our more popular brews. Orange, spices, and malt sweetness are the most easily identifiable characteristics.
Refuge IPA 6.8% - Our West Coast IPA brewed with Centennial, Simcoe, Cascade, and Columbus hops.
Belgian Knife Job 4.7% - A simple malt bill, this beer was created to showcase the unique quality of Brettanomyces.
Chocolate Bunny 8% – Our collaboration Imperial Milk Porter with Stillwater Artisanal using high quality cacao nibs and Madagascar vanilla beans.
Juniper Mesa Dark Ale 6.3%- This ale is dark in color-exuding flavors reminiscent of roasted coffee and dark chocolate; yet citrus, mint and pine characteristics weave itself throughout the flavor and aroma from the addition of hops. In addition, we added juniper berries to create a hint of gin like notes.
DC Moutain DIPA 8.7% - An IPA on steroids with all of the C hops; Citra and Mosaic as the main aroma hop.
Sour Gye Rye 4.9% - Part of the Rye Gye series, this ale was kettle soured to build a light acidity to the base gye profile.
Suit-n-tIePA 6.9% - An IPA fermented with Brettanoymces and hopped with Mosaic.
Lil Guy Rye 4.5% - A session rye pale with Neson Sauvin hops.
Fresh and Squeezy 7.4%- Fresh hopped IPA with locally grown Cascade hops.
*Updated 09/18/15
ON TAP IN THE TASTING ROOM
Note: Beers available in the tasting room may not be available in the pub
Tres Alamos Tripel
Santa Teresa Enkel
DeKofa Belgian Pale
Refuge IPA
Oaked and Ordinary
Fresh and Squeezy
DC Mountain DIP
Chitepin for the Win!
Chocolate Bunny
Lil Gye Rye
Juniper Mesa Dark Ale
Salt River Saison
Sour Gye Rye
**Watermelon Gose
Senne Weisse
Grapefruit Gose
**Hummingbird Springs Saison
Suit-n-tIPeA
**Denotes no growler fills +* 32 oz growlers only

callaway epic max ls MMT x
Ping G25 15* Black Tie

818 H2 set 21* evenflow 6.5

HOGAN ft worth black x100

cleveland 50* scratch  54 & 60 customs T&A
Cleveland TA milled options

I think I missed the better stuff by a week they had a bba barleywine and bba stout last week in the tap room. The current list isn't that inspiring but I'm really trying to like something/anything from AZ just haven't found anything other than one offs yet

18* X2 Hot Pro Hybrid
RSI TP 4-PW KBS Tour 120
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/175527-one-putts-road-to-redemption-bag-04262014/"]WITB Link[/url]

[quote name='bppry' timestamp='1442627776' post='12333644'][quote name='mflores' timestamp='1442619133' post='12333018']
Beer train - riding home in style

[attachment=2960158:ImageUploadedByGolfWRX Mobile1442619125.800896.jpg]
[/quote]
Is that the founders aluminum pint glass? Saw it online the other day and was thinking of grabbing one. What's your thoughts on it?[/quote]

It's the stainless steel ones from Founders. Great for using when traveling. Keeps it pretty cold and it doesn't change the taste of the beer. I have 2 and they definitely get used.

G400 Max Ad DI 7
M3 15 degree Tensei Blue
Srixon H45 19 hybrid Tour spec 8.8
Srixon Z 565/765 Nippon 125
Vokey Forged 50F, 54M, 60J Nippon 125
Scotty Cameron X7M

Helldorado, Such an interesting beer and proof the guys at FW know what they are doing, One look at the color and you would not expect the complex taste that comes from it. I really dont know how to describe a "light" barleywine but whatever they did the did a good job, not overpowered by bourbon or hops just a nice balanced beer. The closest I can come to a comparison is the Allegash Cuireux which is a bourbon barrel tripel with much more carbonation so even that is not a good comparison.

CLsCiNuUYAAZ7Y4.jpg

Anyone try the Helldorado?

I have had it on tap only, I have a bottle but going to sit on it for a while. Dont think I will buy one at that event tomorrow unless some of the other stuff sells out.

18* X2 Hot Pro Hybrid
RSI TP 4-PW KBS Tour 120

Just thought I'd post a little TR from a recent trip to the Northeast for work/play.

Fly from UT to Burlington Sunday 9/6. I grew up in VT and had a few days to kill before a sales meeting near
Killington that started Tuesday night. Arranged to stay with some family friends that live right on the
local course and have unlimited free golf. Their property also happens to border the local world class nanobrewery
which didn't suck.

Land around 2 and hop in the rental car. Hit Fiddlehead in Shelburne on the way out of Burlington. Tiny little place
with just a small tasting room where you can get samples, fill growlers, and grab some cans if you're lucky. Unfortunately
I missed the Second Fiddle can release by a day. One of my favorite Double IPAs from VT. Grabbed a couple 32oz
of their standard IPA and Session IPA. Both great beers.

Hop back in the car cause Foley Brothers was closing at 5 and they weren't going to be open Monday and Tuesday.
They're located in Brandon, VT. Tiny town I grew up of about 4000 people. Nearest stop light is about 16 miles away.
Brewery is on a dirt rode about 2 miles from where I grew up and definitely isn't the easiest place to find.
This place is interesting for the WRX crowd in that their property literally buts right up to a great little course called
Neshobe. You drive the golf cart literally about 10 feet from the barn where they brew. I bet there aren't too many
breweries in the country with 95 BA scores that sit on a golf course. Place is tiny. It's part Bed and Breakfast, winery,
brewery. They have renovated an old barn where they serve beer, fill growlers, and sell bottles/merch. When the weather
is nice they also have a great little outdoor space that overlooks the 6th green at Neshobe, a great 560+ par 5. Here
are a few pics.

Old Barn that was converted into tasting/merch/indoor seating/bar area

[attachment=2960972:IMG_5375.jpg][attachment=2960982:IMG_5380.jpg]

Menu inside

[attachment=2960976:IMG_5377.jpg]

Barn they brew in, 3rd fairway/green visible

[attachment=2960978:IMG_5378.jpg][attachment=2960974:IMG_5376.jpg]

View down the 6th fairway from the outside seating area

[attachment=2960980:IMG_5379.jpg]

View from that 6th Tee box with the place i was staying on the right and the brewery visible in the
distance.

[attachment=2960984:IMG_5386.jpg]

Pieces of 8 on the patio after 18 with Green and Brewery in the distance

[attachment=2960992:IMG_5390.jpg]

All of their beers are awesome, with Fair Maiden and Pieces of Eight being world class. Definitely buy or trade
for some if you get the chance. Course is great too. Old 9 holes mixed in with new 9 holes. The older 9 holes
aren't really that awesome and the first two holes borderline suck but after that the course gets really fun and
has some great views. Unfortunately they don't have a ton of money so there are some things that could be
improved upon but when I was there the course was in great shape and the greens were probably the best I've
ever seen them.

Played 18 on Monday and just relaxed.

Got up early Tuesday and drove to Waitsfield to catch the Tuesday Heady release and pick up a couple cases
of Sip of Sunshine. Man I love that beer. I think it could be my favorite. Might not be the crazy profile that Heady
is but it's pretty close and it's so damn easy to drink. Also picked up some Tribute from 14th Star, Mosaic and Gose from
Lost Nation, and some Lawson's Super Session #2. All awesome beers from VT. Drove around looking for a little
more Heady but all I got was two 4 packs. Stopped at the Warren Store for some lunch and then headed down
towards Killingon. Managed to squeeze a quick 18 in at Green Mountain National. Front 9 is awesome, back 9 gets
a little weird, but overall a good track for VT standards.

Meetings ended on Friday. Hopped in the car and headed to Boston to drop a buddy off at the airport and pick up
the wife. Had a few hours between drop off and pick up so I headed into Boston to find Trillium. Turns out it's really
close to the airport and surprisingly easy to find with parking nearby (a rare occurrence for Boston). However it's easy
to miss and I drove around a few times before I noticed the line out the door. Place is tiny! No tasting available. You
either get growlers filled or buy bottles/merch. Grabbed a few bottles and went next door to Row34 for a quick bite and a
beer before picking up my wife. Killer beer list and some unbelievable sea food options. Enjoyed a Billy 200-Watt
IIPA from Singlecut Beersmiths while I was there. Holy cow was it good. I'd never heard of these guys but next time
I'm in the northeast I'll definitely be seeking out their beer.

Picked the wife up and headed to Maine. Killed a few days in York Beach with friends then headed up to Portland
for some R&R. What a great city with an awesome food/beer scene. Was fired up to try some Bissell Brothers and
Foundation but man they are even harder to find than some of the rare beers in VT. Managed to try some Substance
from Bissell Brothers and I would say this is the one highly regarded beer that I really didn't dig. Literally tasted like
the glass was half full of hops and ganja. Never found any Foundation on tap or in cans and both breweries
didn't open until Thursday. Did enjoy a bunch of great beer from Maine Beer co and other local spots.

All in all I think the northeast might win when it comes to the amount of world class beer available. It seems like
every nook and corner of ME, MA, VT has people producing world class beers (especially IPAs). Managed to
smuggle home almost a case of Lawsons Sip of Sunshine and some other great beers I'm psyched to have here
in beer starved UT. I would say the beers from Trillium might be the most impressive. These guys have some beers
that are right up there with some of the Lawsons, Maine Beer Co, Alchemist, Hill Farmstead offerings.

[attachment=2961098:FullSizeRender.jpg]

[quote name='Chicago Lefty' timestamp='1442683323' post='12335744']
Helldorado is another winner. Hell, for its in a box from FW, I'm in.
[/quote]

This x 100 their vintage series are all extremely good to world class and MSRP at $16-$20 exceptional values for the quality.

18* X2 Hot Pro Hybrid
RSI TP 4-PW KBS Tour 120

[quote name='fore_life' timestamp='1442645697' post='12334414']
Interested to hear your take on wilderness, it gets a lot of hype and everyone seems to swing off their nuts. I have to say that they have a pretty different tap list, but lots of low ABV beers and stuff.

ON TAP AT THE BREWPUB
Today's Taplist .
Tropical Storm Extra Pale Ale 6.8% - An IPA with 100% Australian grown Galaxy hops.

Chocolate Bunny 8% – Our collaboration Imperial Milk Porter with Stillwater Artisanal using high quality cacao nibs and Madagascar vanilla beans.

DC Moutain DIPA 8.7% - An IPA on steroids with all of the C hops; Citra and Mosaic as the main aroma hop.

Lil Guy Rye 4.5% - A session rye pale with Neson Sauvin hops.
Fresh and Squeezy 7.4%- Fresh hopped IPA with locally grown Cascade hops.
Salt River Saison
*Updated 09/18/15

[/quote]

Had those in our tasting flight. The Chocolate Bunny was solid, Fresh and squeezy really good never would have guessed 7% either very easy drinking IPA DC Mountain your typical pine smelling hop bomb The Rye IPA also very easy drinking. Pops really liked the saison

18* X2 Hot Pro Hybrid
RSI TP 4-PW KBS Tour 120

So far today I've had helldorado, vanilla rye (my favorite) sucaba, stickee monkee bcbbw kbs. And yes I'm drunk

18* X2 Hot Pro Hybrid
RSI TP 4-PW KBS Tour 120

had a few decent brews today

CPXvPTwUEAAsWol.jpg

CPXLanFU8AAAC6i.jpg

18* X2 Hot Pro Hybrid
RSI TP 4-PW KBS Tour 120

[quote name='One_Putt_Blunder' timestamp='1442705121' post='12336740']
[/quote]

This x 100 their vintage series are all extremely good to world class and MSRP at $16-$20 exceptional values for the quality.
[/quote]
Had 6 bottles in store, snagged on for $29.. Seemed a tad high, so one will have suffice unless I find it cheaper!@

[quote name='toddnt' timestamp='1442807500' post='12342456']
[quote name='One_Putt_Blunder' timestamp='1442705121' post='12336740']
[/quote]

[/quote]
Had 6 bottles in store, snagged on for $29.. Seemed a tad high, so one will have suffice unless I find it cheaper!@
[/quote]

Yikes that's gouging territory. Think retail on those was $17

18* X2 Hot Pro Hybrid
RSI TP 4-PW KBS Tour 120

[quote name='ne26' timestamp='1442967463' post='12353036']
Have heard about aging beer. Do's and dont's?
[/quote]

General rules of thumb
Dark high ABV beers are generally the better ones to age, Stouts, Quads, English Barleywines, Porters, Old Ales and Barrel Aged beers all good candidates for aging.

Don't age hoppy beers like IPAS pale ales etc even American barleywines can age poorly once the hops start to go.

Don't age beer in varying temperatures. Ideal is 55-65 degrees for longer term storage but for shorter term like 1-2 years room temp is ok provided it is consistent and stored in a dark place. Rapid changes in temperature or long term exposure to high temps not good. If you store them too cold it can slow the aging process down too hot and the aging process speeds up.

Do Experiment with easy to find and inexpensive beers
North Coast Old Stock ale, Stone Double bastxxx, Founders Breakfast Stout, Sierra Nevada Narwhal, North Coast Old Rasputin all easy to find relatively inexpensive beers to stash away and all do very well with some age on them. On the flipside they are cheap so if you don't like them after aging you are not out an expensive bottle.
Do try before you store, have at least one fresh and compare fresh vs aged when the next year releases IE drink a 2014 Old Stock next to a 2015 Old Stock to compare the difference in taste and smell.
Do age in a dark place, if needed wrap each bottle in a brown paper bag to keep exposed light out.
Do try them at different times 6 months 12 months 18 months etc

Living In AZ with no beer fridge I have to let mine sit between 69-78 degrees throughout the year so most of my stuff I will age 1-2 years at most to avoid ruining it. I do want to get a temperature controlled wine fridge so I can keep a few expensive bottles at 55* or so and hang on to them for a longer time frame vs running the risk of too much oxidation and ruining a $30 bottle. Firestone Walker recommends aging their Vintage series at 40* so I keep those in the fridge.

It is not an exact science so best thing to do is experiment and take notes to compare fresh vs aged. Most of my stash is now between 1-2 years old. so I am looking forward to the coming months and drinking down my cellar and comparing to the fresh releases.

If possible share with friends. have a few buddies over who like craft beer have them bring a few they have been aging and taste a wide variety of beers.

Remember what you might not like fresh might be a completely different experience after a year or more and vice versa.

18* X2 Hot Pro Hybrid
RSI TP 4-PW KBS Tour 120

[quote name='EnnioS4' timestamp='1442986497' post='12354428']
After a rough day at work, I needed this. Aged from 2011
[attachment=2965628:ImageUploadedByGolfWRX Mobile1442986462.818224.jpg]
[/quote]

Still trying to find this one on the shelf somewhere. I've heard it's intense. How was it with 4 years on it?

Titleist TSr2 10* Tensei 1K Black 65X
Titleist TSr2 15* Tensei White 75X 
Titleist Tsi 22* Tensei White 95X
Titleist T150 NS Pro 120 X 4-PW
Vokey SM9 50*, 54* and 60* TT DGS400
SIK Pro Custom