Manassero or Cantlay

deasy55

[quote name='PuttLeftHitRight' timestamp='1334233410' post='4706680']
Back to back low ams for Cantlay which matches Matteo. Also, Matteo becomes more irrelevant every time he has to watch Patrick play in another major on TV.
[/quote]
I don't think he cares.

Were not talking relevance here. Stick to the point. We're talking prospects of career. Matteo is out there, with a card, with wins and WGC berths.

Cantlay is at least 2 years away from that as it stands. Who has the better game is debatable and subject to personal preference. I'm just going by facts.

But both Matteo's Low Ams finished better than Cantlay's...and at a younger age. So there's that.

run of the mill driver with stock shaft
a couple of outdated hybrids
shovel-ier shovels
wedges from same shovel company
some putter with a dead insert and
a hideous grip

[quote name='Vindog' timestamp='1334234040' post='4706736']
Back to back low ams for Cantlay which matches Matteo. Also, Matteo becomes more irrelevant every time he has to watch Patrick play in another major on TV.
[/quote]
I don't think he cares.

Were not talking relevance here. Stick to the point. We're talking prospects of career. Matteo is out there, with a card, with wins and WGC berths.

Cantlay is at least 2 years away from that as it stands. Who has the better game is debatable and subject to personal preference. I'm just going by facts.

But both Matteo's Low Ams finished better than Cantlay's...and at a younger age. So there's that.
[/quote]

Ahhhh yes , pesky facts....

Besides, he was annoyed that had to wait in the Butler Cabin- you know had a plane to catch. More important places to be...

how is this even a vote, im almost surprised mannassero is called a prospect still seeing as he's won twice. wouldnt fowler v cantlay be a better poll seeing as fowler can barely finish his dinner let alone a tournament?

Driver: Taylormade M2 10.5* w/ Hzrdus Black 6.0 62g
3 Wood: Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 15* w/ Hzrdus Yellow 6.5 76g
2 & 4 iron: Callaway X Utility 18* & 24* w/ Project X Pxi 6.0
5-PW: Callaway X Forged '13 w/ Project X Pxi 6.0
Wedges: Callaway Forged 50, Vokey SM7 54S & 60L - DG wedge flex
Putter: Odyssey 2 ball XG 40" Armlock w/ winn grip and triple track alignment

Ball: looking for chrome soft replacement

[quote name='davekzg' timestamp='1334240413' post='4707402']
how is this even a vote, im almost surprised mannassero is called a prospect still seeing as he's won twice. wouldnt fowler v cantlay be a better poll seeing as fowler can barely finish his dinner let alone a tournament?
[/quote]

I made the poll basically because I got insulted in another thread for saying Manassero to the question, so I wanted to see what the majority thought. Glad to see the mass majority has a similar opinion to myself.

[quote name='deasy55' timestamp='1334241747' post='4707560']
[quote name='davekzg' timestamp='1334240413' post='4707402']
[/quote]

I made the poll basically because I got insulted in another thread for saying Manassero to the question, so I wanted to see what the majority thought. Glad to see the mass majority has a similar opinion to myself.
[/quote]

This thread should be closed.

Open it in the event Cantlay makes the PGA Tour.&nbsp;Edit: given the pending changes to&nbsp;<span class="Apple-tab-span" style="white-space:pre"> </span>&nbsp;school, he may end up turning pro this year

<div id="myEventWatcherDiv" style="display:none;"></div>

[quote name='Vindog' timestamp='1334234040' post='4706736']
[/quote]
I don't think he cares.

[/quote]

PLHR is immune to facts...

I would base my judgement on the merits of their games rather than trying to compare the results of an amateur against those of a professional.

Manassero has what I'd describe as a very controlled game. Even as an amateur, he was super professional in his course management and shot selection. I would liken his game to a Luke Donald rather than a Rory McIlroy. As his career has progressed in the pro ranks and he's been able to play in the more demanding events, it has become apparent his lack of length off the tee is putting him at a disadvantage over the rest of the field. I know he's working on rectifying this at present. If he gains the yardage necessary to overcome this disadavanage, without having to totally rebuild his swing, he could be a top 10 player within the next 3 years.

Cantlay appears to have the game to go straight onto the PGA tour. The only slight chink I've seen in his armour so far was in the U.S Amateur final where his play was more ragged than in previous rounds and he let Kelly Kraft off the hook. In my opinion, the biggest problem Patrick faces is the one all young American prospects face; the weight of expectation. The U.S. is desperate for their next young golfing superstar to come along. As soon as he turns pro he'll be a wealthy young man with all the eyes of the World on him. Bud Cauley gained his card somewhat under the radar, but because of his achievements already, Patrick will not have this luxury. He could be the next Tiger or Phil, or he could be the next Charles Howell, Anthony Kim or Rickie Fowler. It's far too soon to tell.

Harris English is the most impressive rookie so far this year.

English? How on earth is he better than Bud? Cmon man think before you post.

As for Patrick, the Us Am was unfortunate, but it was probably he first experience with the pressure of winning it all and he let it get away from him. Kraft was much older and handled it better, but it is clear that Patrick is the way better golfer Funny how golf works sometimes.

[quote name='PuttLeftHitRight' timestamp='1334920678' post='4756894']

[/quote]

I didn't say he was better, I said I'd been more impressed with his performances. After last year, perhaps I just expected more from Bud?

It will be interesting to see which one posts a win first.

[quote name='PuttLeftHitRight' timestamp='1334920678' post='4756894']

As for Patrick, the Us Am was unfortunate, but it was probably he first experience with the pressure of winning it all and he let it get away from him. Kraft was much older and handled it better, but it is clear that Patrick is the way better golfer Funny how golf works sometimes.
[/quote]

I'm going to save this for prosperity... PLHR says "...think before you post..." !!!!!

I think both have made a very good fist of their first full years on tour. It is tough to be as consistent as they have. 8 and 9 cuts out of 10 starts each is really good.

[quote name='PuttLeftHitRight' timestamp='1334922377' post='4756976']
Bud has 2 top 10s already this year. If he can continue to make cuts he will easily move into the top 50.
[/quote]

It will take a lot more than just making cuts to crack the top 50 (assuming you mean owgr)

shovel-ier shovels
a hideous grip

[quote name='Vindog' timestamp='1335100354' post='4767196']
Bud has 2 top 10s already this year. If he can continue to make cuts he will easily move into the top 50.
[/quote]

It will take a lot more than just making cuts to crack the top 50 (assuming you mean owgr)
[/quote]

OWGR? LOL Yeah where you are rewarding for beating 200-500 ranked people, rather than playing good on the PGA Tour against 1-199.

[quote name='PuttLeftHitRight' timestamp='1335143017' post='4770456']
[quote name='Vindog' timestamp='1335100354' post='4767196']
[/quote]

[/quote]

OWGR? LOL Yeah where you are rewarding for beating 200-500 ranked people, rather than playing good on the PGA Tour against 1-199.
[/quote]

This post makes zero sense.

Recurring theme I guess...

[quote name='PuttLeftHitRight' timestamp='1335180306' post='4772358']
It was discussed in other threads. Obviously none of you are aware of the bias involved with the OWGR.
[/quote]

your bias is towards nonsense - nothing is perfect.

what i want to know - are you laughing while you type this - knowing the responses you will get, or are you angry while you type it. Angry that nobody will take anything you say seriously?

[size="2"][left]Tournaments receive a minimum point value, depending on which of the world's tours is sponsoring it, regardless of how many quality players are in the field. In the case of the Euro Tour, even when all the good players (Rory) are playing in the U.S. the tournament still receives an artificially high amount of points. At the same time the PGA tournament has basically all of the good players playing in it, making the points artificially low.[/left][left][size=2]
[/size][/left][left][size=2]Plus if you compare players head to head it is a joke:[/size][/left][left][size=2]In 2010, for example, American Nick Watney and Yuta Ikeda of Japan had similar world rankings (no 36 and 40). But Watney rated 11th in skill versus 89th for Ikeda. Ikeda was ranked highly because he had won seven events on the Japan Tour in the two previous years. In the 12 events in that period where he and Watney both played, Watney beat Ikeda 10 times and missed no cuts, to five missed cuts for Ikeda.[/size][/left][/size]

[quote name='PuttLeftHitRight' timestamp='1335182990' post='4772468']
[size="2"][left]Tournaments receive a minimum point value, depending on which of the world's tours is sponsoring it, regardless of how many quality players are in the field. In the case of the Euro Tour, even when all the good players (Rory) are playing in the U.S. the tournament still receives an artificially high amount of points. At the same time the PGA tournament has basically all of the good players playing in it, making the points artificially low.[/left][left] [/left][left][size="2"]Plus if you compare players head to head it is a joke:[/size][/left][left][size="2"]In 2010, for example, American Nick Watney and Yuta Ikeda of Japan had similar world rankings (no 36 and 40). But Watney rated 11th in skill versus 89th for Ikeda. Ikeda was ranked highly because he had won seven events on the Japan Tour in the two previous years. In the 12 events in that period where he and Watney both played, Watney beat Ikeda 10 times and missed no cuts, to five missed cuts for Ikeda.[/size][/left][/size]
[/quote]

Could you please answer my question above. I know it is not golf related - but are you laughing or are you angry right now?

[quote name='PuttLeftHitRight' timestamp='1335182990' post='4772468']
[size="2"][left]Tournaments receive a minimum point value, depending on which of the world's tours is sponsoring it, regardless of how many quality players are in the field. In the case of the Euro Tour, even when all the good players (Rory) are playing in the U.S. the tournament still receives an artificially high amount of points. At the same time the PGA tournament has basically all of the good players playing in it, making the points artificially low.[/left][left][size="2"]
[/size][/left][left][size="2"]Plus if you compare players head to head it is a joke:[/size][/left][left][size="2"]In 2010, for example, American Nick Watney and Yuta Ikeda of Japan had similar world rankings (no 36 and 40). [b][u]But Watney rated 11th in skill versus 89th for Ikeda[/u][/b]. Ikeda was ranked highly because he had won seven events on the Japan Tour in the two previous years. In the 12 events in that period where he and Watney both played, Watney beat Ikeda 10 times and missed no cuts, to five missed cuts for Ikeda.[/size][/left][/size]
[/quote]

The who in the what where now?

[quote name='PuttLeftHitRight' timestamp='1335143017' post='4770456']OWGR? LOL Yeah where you are rewarding for beating 200-500 ranked people, rather than playing good on the PGA Tour against 1-199.
[/quote]

Well then what did you mean? Both players are already in the top 50 FedEx Cup soooooooo owgr was the only thing left.

It's not my fault you make no sense and have zero grip on the way stuff works. You need to work on that

shovel-ier shovels
a hideous grip

[quote name='Vindog' timestamp='1335185431' post='4772632']
[quote name='PuttLeftHitRight' timestamp='1335143017' post='4770456']OWGR? LOL Yeah where you are rewarding for beating 200-500 ranked people, rather than playing good on the PGA Tour against 1-199.
[/quote]

Well then what did you mean? Both players are already in the top 50 FedEx Cup soooooooo owgr was the only thing left.

It's not my fault you make no sense and have zero grip on the way stuff works. You need to work on that
[/quote]

No you were right I meant OWGR. I was speaking in terms of what SHOULD happen, but what probably will not based on Euros getting the bias. If you can make 9 out of 10 cuts for 2 straught years on the PGA you should easily be top 50.

[quote name='PuttLeftHitRight' timestamp='1335227192' post='4777074']No you were right I meant OWGR. I was speaking in terms of what SHOULD happen, but what probably will not based on Euros getting the bias. If you can make 9 out of 10 cuts for 2 straught years on the PGA you should easily be top 50.
[/quote]
I know you just want to type "Euros getting the bias" But the latter part of this statement is not true. You need to place highly to crack the top 50, no matter the tour. Making cuts isn't going to cut it.

[quote name='PuttLeftHitRight' timestamp='1335267240' post='4779440']Thanks for posting that 10 times. How about posting something constructive? Talked to Matteo lately?
[/quote]

You have not posted anything constructive since...ohh....about 07-March2012 there bucko.

shovel-ier shovels
a hideous grip

[quote name='Vindog' timestamp='1335269417' post='4779514']
[quote name='PuttLeftHitRight' timestamp='1335267240' post='4779440']
[quote name='imakaveli' timestamp='1335259178' post='4779276']
Don't feed the troll guys... please...
[/quote]

Thanks for posting that 10 times. How about posting something constructive? Talked to Matteo lately?
[/quote]

You have not posted anything constructive since...ohh....about 07-March2012 there bucko.
[/quote]

False. I have been posting about Cantlay as I am one of the few who has seen him play. Also posted that video of TW that went viral. Exposing the flaws of the OWGR. Pretty much nothing but quality posts. I take my shots at the usual suspects, but I do it to everyone.

[quote name='PuttLeftHitRight' timestamp='1335269534' post='4779524']
[quote name='Vindog' timestamp='1335269417' post='4779514']
[quote name='PuttLeftHitRight' timestamp='1335267240' post='4779440']

Thanks for posting that 10 times. How about posting something constructive? Talked to Matteo lately?
[/quote]

[/quote]

. Pretty much nothing but quality posts.
[/quote]

That's one the funniest things I have ever read here....

Bravo!