2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

Wie plays SUMO at Casio Open

I, personally, am not a Wie hater... In fact I like her, and wish I had that kind of raw talent and motivation from so young.

However, I feel sorry for the Annika's (SP?) out there. I mean she hardly gets mentioned anymore. Wie is still so young, I'm surprised what her parents allow her to be subject to. I saw a little 60 minutes thing with her and it reminded me of how young she is.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do agree that she does have so much talent that it is unbelieable for her age

I just do not agree with her choices in playing in mens events though

but back on the topic i think that she should promote the sumo2 to get her game back on track she has been slipping a little bit latley probably distracted from the game.

Let's be honest guys, the only reason anyone gives two XXXX's about MW is that she 17 years old and real hot. Listening to her interviews, we all know she's not exactly the most clever girl on the planet, and that is part of her charm. Young and dumb, a perfect combo. Does anyone really care how she putts or who her teacher is? I think Pat Hurst rocks, who's her teacher? How is her putting stroke? For all you wannabe LPGA fans out there.

Let's try to keep this on topic. A girl who can speak multiple languages and has that much talent is not "dumb." She is only 17 and is maturing. This isn't the stone age where you died at 24. Let her leave her dream. She's rich and she only has her own goals to complete.

Before sending me a message for help, please look at the website support section:
Have a Ad/BST question, first look and post here:
BST AD Help
If you have a general help question, post here:
GolfWRX Website Help Desk

She can do whatever she wants with her "dream". I only take issue with the pathological obsession with her that has more to do with her sexuality than her golf game. I mean how many times can they roll her out to a men's event to shot a pair hockey sticks and go home. I hope by "her dream", you are referring to the carefully orchestrated dream of her MENTOR Mr. Nike. If she wants to be taken seriously why does she keep wearing shorts the size of a bikini bottom? Is it her dream to be a pin-up girl a la Anna Kournakova? If it is then she's doing a good job of it, and is following in the footsteps of the best Miss Anna. She wouldn't be allowed to wear those whorish outfits at any respectable Country Club and I think it's a joke that the LPGA has no real guidlines as to dress. To stay on topic, who cares what driver she's playing she never wins with any of em. Go Pat Hurst!!!!!!

You know, usually I would jump on the Wie bashing as I have in previous posts. But now that I really think about it, I really think we should sit back and enjoy how good she is. If she doesn't do well once she is full time on the LPGA, then I will go back to not feeling too good about her. But for now, I've come to the conclusion that we should just sit back and wait. Still, I hope she doesn't burn out and turn into something bad, but I don't see that now as I did earlier this year.

Although I think the sooner she gets out from her father, the sooner she will become better. He is a nut and should just back off... Uh oh, just opened a can of worms... Sorry guys, been drinking some tonight... ;)

I agree, give her time. If you compare Tiger Woods up until his first full year on tour he'd done well in tour events as an amateur but nothing speacial by pro standards. Then what happens his first full year on tour he tops the money list wins more tournaments than i can count and breaks the all time scoring record at the Masters, his first major as a pro. People forget he'd played in many majors b4 then but not as a full time pro. I think with a bit of r&r Wie could do similar things this comming year in the womens game.

She can do whatever she wants with her "dream". I only take issue with the pathological obsession with her that has more to do with her sexuality than her golf game. I mean how many times can they roll her out to a men's event to shot a pair hockey sticks and go home. I hope by "her dream", you are referring to the carefully orchestrated dream of her MENTOR Mr. Nike. If she wants to be taken seriously why does she keep wearing shorts the size of a bikini bottom? Is it her dream to be a pin-up girl a la Anna Kournakova? If it is then she's doing a good job of it, and is following in the footsteps of the best Miss Anna. She wouldn't be allowed to wear those whorish outfits at any respectable Country Club and I think it's a joke that the LPGA has no real guidlines as to dress. To stay on topic, who cares what driver she's playing she never wins with any of em. Go Pat Hurst!!!!!!

We have quite a few Wie threads and yours is probably the first here to point out her "sexuality" as the sole marketing perspective. Her style is similar to her peers and if you have a problem with it, then change the channel. Her ease on the eyes is nice but, not nearly the weight that you lend to it. Last time I looked, Pat Hurst was living a very comfortable life and has done well. You seemed to be determined to turn this thread ugly and we do not allow that here. You've have a chance to state your opinion and I suggest you move/leave this thread alone.

Before sending me a message for help, please look at the website support section:
BST AD Help

Her old putter just plain out right sucks. I couldn't get the speed down consistently with the thing to shoot a good round.

So she can't either??? Her putting speed is just fine. Putting on path under pressure and green reading however is another story...

Regardless of how MW does in 2007, one thing is for sure, in terms of golf, it will be a better year than any member here will have.

If you mean money made of course because people aer gay for Michele Wie......but if your talking about success i hardley doubt it. Michele Wie is an overpaid golfer who would is an idiot for becoming a pro so young. I can see a kid being a pro out of highschool 4 basketball or baseball because his family is having money problems......but it is very rare for someone to be a very good golfer without the help of their parents money. Michele Wie's family doesnt have money problems and she would have been much better off going tigers route and kicking everyone a** as a junior golfer.

Oh and Michele Wie would also improve a great deal working with someone like J. Brunza. Tiger is able to win with his B game not just because he is good.....But because he has the stongest mental game of everyone in golf as well. If she could learn to forget about the bad shots and keep her head off of what is at stake she would have won 2 majors by now.

2 majors???

Lots of maturity in these threads and why these go down hill so fast. Yeah, MW didn't earn her big contract. A Fortune 500 company backs up the truck for everyone...

TW made his own path and everyone needs to find their own road in life.

Her old putter just plain out right sucks. I couldn't get the speed down consistently with the thing to shoot a good round.

So she can't either??? Her putting speed is just fine. Putting on path under pressure and green reading however is another story...

Regardless of how MW does in 2007, one thing is for sure, in terms of golf, it will be a better year than any member here will have.

If you mean money made of course because people aer gay for Michele Wie......but if your talking about success i hardley doubt it. Michele Wie is an overpaid golfer who would is an idiot for becoming a pro so young. I can see a kid being a pro out of highschool 4 basketball or baseball because his family is having money problems......but it is very rare for someone to be a very good golfer without the help of their parents money. Michele Wie's family doesnt have money problems and she would have been much better off going tigers route and kicking everyone a** as a junior golfer.

Oh and Michele Wie would also improve a great deal working with someone like J. Brunza. Tiger is able to win with his B game not just because he is good.....But because he has the stongest mental game of everyone in golf as well. If she could learn to forget about the bad shots and keep her head off of what is at stake she would have won 2 majors by now.

BST AD Help

then what did she do to earn her 10 mil? what did she win to become the highest paid women in golf? jw becuase i dont remember anything special

She has done rather well on the LPGA Tour but that really isn't the point.

Wie generates buzz. She generates talk and discussion. How many times has Nike been mentioned in this thread alone? That is what sponsors pay for. Not wins.

then what did she do to earn her 10 mil? what did she win to become the highest paid women in golf? jw becuase i dont remember anything special

Do your homework. Over $750,000 won this past season on the LPGA with only 6 tournaments entered. I think that's pretty special considering she's a full time student.....and part time Professional. No other female on the LPGA comes close to that. In my opinion, like tournaments without Annika or tournaments without Tiger, she will be the gauge on how good a win was considering the field playing.

She's the hottest topic across all the golf forums. For good or bad, she gets attention. How many of us would be paying attention to a golf tournament in Japan if not for her. Look at that leaderboard and tell me how many names you recognize, If she wasn't there, no one in America or across the world other then Japan would be paying attention to that tournament. That's exactly what the sponsors want and they'll be celebrating her first win with adds across every magazine. Get used to it. You'll be seeing her around for the next thirty years.

Difficult to be a role model to aspiring teenagers when you shoot 17 over after 2 rounds. I doubt that score would win any junior girl's club championship. If anyone can give one good reason why she should continue to suffer under the spotlight (ie by playing out of her depth in men's tournaments) I'd like to hear it. OK, money obviously, but her self esteem must be taking a battering which could have lasting consequences.

Difficult to be a role model to aspiring teenagers when you shoot 17 over after 2 rounds. I doubt that score would win any junior girl's club championship. If anyone can give one good reason why she should continue to suffer under the spotlight (ie by playing out of her depth in men's tournaments) I'd like to hear it. OK, money obviously, but her self esteem must be taking a battering which could have lasting consequences.

I doubt she'd shoot that score at any junior girls club championships either. Their courses are set up a lot easier. I also doubt that any junior girl could match her record in the LPGA tournaments in 2006.

Apples and oranges. :stop:

Now wasn't the topic of this post Wie playing the SUMO at the Casio? Oh well...the topic was answered . She was and did play the SUMO2...at least for the first day. Chalk this one up as just another ;) Wie thread.