2024 John Deere Classic WITB Photos ×

Bushnell Tour V2

Something wrong or just battery?
Hi,I picked up a tour v2 rangefinder in the winter. Today was my 30th round with it and took it out for my approach on #1 and it wouldn't turn on. It seemed to work fine in the previous round and no indication of a low battery. I was expecting the battery to last longer then this if it is indeed a dead battery. Any tips or experience on how long the battery should last

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a similar issue, tried replacing the battery with more than one and ended up sending it back for warranty repair. They claimed the problem was dirty contacts in the battery compartment and suggested using a pencil eraser to clean them. I am still running off the battery I put in it after its return and have not had any issues. I will have to see if the problem re-occurs if that eraser idea works. You might want to give it a try.

• 3 months later...

[quote name='phil75070' timestamp='1338039724' post='4980816']
I had a similar issue, tried replacing the battery with more than one and ended up sending it back for warranty repair. They claimed the problem was dirty contacts in the battery compartment and suggested using a pencil eraser to clean them. I am still running off the battery I put in it after its return and have not had any issues. I will have to see if the problem re-occurs if that eraser idea works. You might want to give it a try.
[/quote]

I just sent my V2 back to Bushnell for warranty work. Does anybody have an estimate on their turnaround time for repairs?

I average 20 rounds+ per month during peak season with my TourV2 and go through about 1 battery every 2-3 months. This is just a guestimate, but I'd say it's safe to say that I get at least 40+ rounds per battery and there is no [i]"low battery"[/i] warning. I use it a lot during each round.... I keep a spare battery in my bag because when the battery goes......it goes! It'll work just fine right up until it fails to turn on....LOL

A word of advice if you play infrequently........remove the battery between rounds if battery life is upsetting to you because it does drain when not being used. Secondly....have a replacement battery in your bag for convenience reasons. For what it's worth, I prefer Energizer batteries because I am convinced they last longer. Besides...the bunny proves it...LOL

For the person who said they only get 15-20 rounds from a battery, this can be true too. How many rounds you get depends on both how often you play and how you use the laser. If you play 20 times a year......I wouldn't be suprised if it dies within 20 rounds. ....especially if you leave the battery installed between rounds. (not to mention the effect of cold on batteries)....ie...buy a new battery in the fall and leave it in your trunk all winter, don't expect many rounds of use in the coming spring!!!!!....LOL

IMO.....it's battery common sense. Am I wrong? I don't really see how a battery can be such a big deal.

I also always have a spare in my golf bag. Everytime it's dies quickly and w/out warning.

Love, love the V2 though

Callaway Paradym AI Smoke MAX 10.5*  GD Tour AD XC-6X
TM M2 16.5* VEYLIX ROME 888
PXG 0317X 20* Oban Devotion S
Mizuno Fli-Hi #4
Mizuno Pro 225 5-G Modus 120
Mizuno T24 RAW 52/58 Modus 120
 Limited Edition PING PLD Prime Tyne 4 

https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/530023/ladahls-witb-pxg-callaway-titleist-taylormade-trying-graphite-in-irons-updates-on-last-pag

[quote name='MT_Sens' timestamp='1337990839' post='4978936']
Hi,I picked up a tour v2 rangefinder in the winter. Today was my 30th round with it and took it out for my approach on #1 and it wouldn't turn on. It seemed to work fine in the previous round and no indication of a low battery. I was expecting the battery to last longer then this if it is indeed a dead battery. Any tips or experience on how long the battery should last
[/quote]

I bought the Tour Z6 last April. My battery lasted until end of August. I play 3-4 times a week. There is supposed to be a "low battery" indicator but I had no warning. Now I keep an extra battery in the bag.

[quote name='puttapotomus' timestamp='1337994867' post='4979216']
If you got 30 rounds with it that is good compared to my V2. Get about 15-20 rounds per battery. I'll never buy another range finder with the CR2 type battery.
[/quote]

Just came across this thread by accident.

I play every day, about 135 rds per season. More or less 7 months in my area. I have a Leupold GX3, I'm at the end of my third season and still on my [u]SECOND[/u] Duracell CR2 battery. I very often hear about a Bushnell rangefinder going through batteries like they came new at half charge only. The V2 orange/gold is the one that is mostly mentioned.

DRIVER: Ping G20, 9.5° w/169D-Tour, reg (Back up: Srixon Z-rw, 9.5°, stf)
3+W: Srixon Z-Steel, 12.5°, stock SV3005J, stf. (In rotation: 3W, 14.5°)
5W: Srixon Z-Steel, 18.5° stock SV3005J, stf
IRONS: Ping i20, 3-PW, stock CFS reg @ D2
PUTTER: Ping Craz-E iWi, w/2x20gr weights, Lamkin Jumbo pistol grip
WEDGES: Ping Glide, 54° SS, 60° TS, stock Ping wedge shafts
BALL: Srixon XV 
CART: SunMountain V1, STEWARTGOLF Z1
BAG: SM H2N0, PING C-130
BACK UP: Ping S58, 3-Pw, stock CS-Lite, stf, @ D2. (Lofts jacked to S55 specs.)

I got the patriot pack, love it. My playing partners love it too. I must use it almost every hole and I always play 18. The battery that came with it had to last about 15 rounds. When the original battery finally died the V2 just stopped working without slowing down first or the low battery icon showing up. The patriot pack came with a spare battery so I had it in my bag plus its very easy to change on the fly. Home Depot has the CR2 batteries in a 2-pack for under $10 (Duracell). When I am lucky enough to play a course with prism's on the flagsticks the V2 gets the yardage in a split second, very fast.

One of the reasons I chose the Bushnell Medalist was the fact that it used the easy to find 9 volt batteries. I can (and have) purchased replacements at the 7/11 on the way to the course.

I can go many rounds (40-50) before the low battery indicator lights. Even after the "lob" shows up in the display, I can go at least 3 more ROUNDS with the device.

That said, I always* have a spare in the bag.

*except for right now..... I replaced the battery with the backup bag battery a few weeks ago and haven't replaced the backup battery....

Duracell%209%20Volt%20Battery_closeup.jpg3c118b15-d28a-420f-9cae-7c59c87ee880Large.jpg

X________________________________ Sign Here

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Ok, I'm a little lazy and haven't read this whole thread however.... I have the exact same device and purchased 2 years ago. My battery still works and it's the same battery since install. If you twist the battery release latch just enough that it's on it's last revolution before release (still attached to unit, and battery can't fall out.) THe battery will come lose and not be snug and active inside it's compartment. I assume you store the device in the supplied pouch so there is no chance of losing the battery or lid between rounds. You can check the device is completely without power by trying to read a distance . Just leave it in this state between rounds.

Oh and I've only used the device for a full round of 18 holes around 10-12 times...
I tend to use the garmin watch unless the course isn't mapped ie castle course standrews.

I think this is the best solution..

I've had the 9V Medalist for several years. Basically however long it's been since they first hit the market. The original battery got weak after a couple years so I replaced it. The second battery worked fine ever since. A couple months ago I finally put a fresh one in there just because I figured it had to run out some time soon but it still was no sign of dying.

Then again I have some rounds where I don't even carry it and when I do have it I only use it 10-12 time a round at the very most.