2024 Rocket Mortgage Classic WITB Photos ×

Miura wedge series anyone use them?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got 3 sets of them with the Y and C and just got the K. K is wonderful out of the sand. I also have 2 sets of Scratch 1018's and one custom grind set from Don White coming. I have tried so many different wedges and these 2 are the softest best feeling wedges I have ever felt.

Currently gaming the Muira Y and C as The Y is better for me in the FW. I rotate the Muira's and Scratch sets.

Callaway Paradym Smoke AI Triple Diamond 9* Proxima 6X

PXG Black Ops Tour-1 9* Ventus Blue Plus 6X

TM Stealth2 Plus 3 wood 15*- Ventus TR Blue 7X
Callaway Rogue “T” Triple Diamond 19* 5 wood- Ventus TR Blue 8X
4-PW PXG Gen5 Darkness 0311T MMT 105TX 2* flat
PXG Sugar Daddy 2  50* Axiom 125X
PXG Sugar Daddy 2  54* Axiom 125X
PXG Sugar Daddy 2  58* Axiom 125X
LAB Mezz Max-heavy version, 35” with Stability Tour Fire shaft. Press II 3.0 grip
PXG Hybrid stand bag

I have the 50 bent to 48 and use it like a Pw, 52, 56 and the 60 all in satin. I haven't found the shaft combo that I am in love with yet though. I went from 200 series vokeys and the vokeys spin better IMO but the Miuras are easier on the eyes. Once I figure out the shafts and get my spin where I want them, I think I will madly love these wedges. They set up really nicely and are easy to square up to you target.

I play the Y grind 51, and the C grind 55 and 59 with Nippon wedge shafts. Hands down the best wedges I've ever played. I also have a set of Scratch 1018's which are good but the Miura's feel and play much better in my opinion. The only negative I've experienced is that they they are so soft that they will ding up very easily on both the face and the leading edge but there's not a lot you can do about that. That first ding really gets your attention after paying $225 a pop.

In my never ending quest to purchase a golf game - I ordered a K Grind yesterday. Mostly because it will match my Miura irons. It's an experiment more than anything. I'll post a review, but you should understand that my wedge game sucks and I doubt that a $250.00 Samurai Wedge is going to improve it. On the other hand - it does have those cool little scoops on the back and that should provide 5-10 minutes of discussion while waiting on slow players to clear the green.

SYard T388
TaylorMade RBZ 13-15
Miura CB-57 3-PW
Miura 51Y, 52K,56K, 57C, 60K
Old Titleist Blade

I've been playing a K bent to 58* and a Y bent to 52* for about a year and a half now. Both wedges I have installed Tour Concept wedge shafts. These may not be the spinniest of wedges on the market and I personally would love them even more with milled/maxed out grooves, but what they lack in spin...are overloaded in feel. I love the soft feel of them and the K is marvelous out of the sand. Surprisingly works as well off of tight lies too.

Have you seen one of the new 60* K wedges?? I just did the first one today....I am sure some of the dealers must have them too. Pretty cool having a 60* lob wedge with the signature K "knuckles" on the bottom!!

Yonex Tri-G 10* driver
Yonex Ezone GT 15*  3  wood
Yonex Ezone GT 18*  5 wood
Yonex Ezone GT irons 4-AW
Miura Tour Black 54* SW
Miura Tour Black 60* LW
Miura KM007 Putter

[quote name='FLOGMR' timestamp='1340757867' post='5173848']
Have you seen one of the new 60* K wedges?? I just did the first one today....I am sure some of the dealers must have them too. Pretty cool having a 60* lob wedge with the signature K "knuckles" on the bottom!!
[/quote]

Ok. Well where did you see it and what was the time frame on getting one. Rumor has it that 52 & 60 are coming but that it was "going to be a while." That was from a Miura employee.

SYard T388
TaylorMade RBZ 13-15
Miura CB-57 3-PW
Old Titleist Blade

I have the Y-grind 49 & 53, and the C-grind 57. All with DG-Spinner shafts. They feel like scalpels in my hands -- incredibly precise and soft -- and the Spinner shafts add a touch and spin that I didn't quite get when I tried the Nippon Pro. I absolutely love the wedges -- best I've ever used. Wish they made a 64 too... ;=]

[color=#5A5A5A][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]
[color=#808080][size=2][font=verdana, geneva, sans-serif]_________________________________[/font][/size][/color]
[color=#808080][size=2][font=verdana, geneva, sans-serif]Epon AF-153 / TRPX M1st[/font][/size][/color]
[color=#808080][size=2][font=verdana, geneva, sans-serif]Ryoma 2017 F5[/font][/size][/color]
[color=#808080][size=2][font=verdana, geneva, sans-serif]A-Grind CMB2 DI / Crazy STP[/font][/size][/color]
[color=#808080][size=2][font=verdana, geneva, sans-serif]Miura HB3 18 / ProjX[/font][/size][/color]
[color=#808080][font=verdana, geneva, sans-serif][size=2]Seven MCB 5-AW[/size][/font][/color][/size][/font][/color][color=#5A5A5A][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]
[color=#808080][size=2][font=verdana, geneva, sans-serif]A-Grind 56-onset / NS WV105[/font][/size][/color]
[color=#808080][size=2][font=verdana, geneva, sans-serif]Cally forged copper 64 / DGspin[/font][/size][/color]
[color=#808080][size=2][font=verdana, geneva, sans-serif]Seven Benock Pantaleone [/font][/size][/color][/size][/font][/color]

I asked Adam Barr about doing a 60 K grind with relief similar to the C - he said 'no way.'

I have the K grind in a 55 (bent), and the C grind in a 59 - and think I've got the best of both worlds. With the Miura 1957 Series, you've got to learn how to use bounce to your advantage.

I also have a Y Grind 49 - and it is great as a Gap Wedge.

Father, Wannabe Golfer, Novelist

• Ping G430 Max 9/TPT 19Hi @45.25
  • Ping G430 3 wd/TPT 19 Hi
  • Callaway Paradym 18 w/TPTGolf 18 Hi
  • Ping G430 4H & 5H w/TPTGolf Hybrid Shaft
  • Ping i230 6-PW Recoil Dart 90
  • Artisan 50, 55, 59 w/ Nippon 105 Wedge
  • Putter:  LAB Cobalt Blue DF3 w/TPT Shaft
  • Vessel Bag
  • ProV1x
  • Ping ChipR in messy or no turf conditions

[/quote]

Players Edge on this site sells Muira. As Pitbull said the K grind is the best wedge I have ever hit out of the sand. Also great on tight lies and full and 3/4'shots from the FW. If you want a bit more spin you could try the DGS Spinners.

LAB Mezz Max-heavy version, 35” with Stability Tour Fire shaft. Press II 3.0 grip
PXG Hybrid stand bag

[quote name='lumberman2462' timestamp='1340716430' post='5169370']
In my never ending quest to purchase a golf game - I ordered a K Grind yesterday. Mostly because it will match my Miura irons. It's an experiment more than anything. I'll post a review, but you should understand that my wedge game sucks and I doubt that a $250.00 Samurai Wedge is going to improve it. On the other hand - it does have those cool little scoops on the back and that should provide 5-10 minutes of discussion while waiting on slow players to clear the green.
[/quote]

I have a 56* K grind with the KBS high rev wedge shaft. It arrived about two weeks ago and I have only got to use it sparingly, mostly in my yard etc. I really like the feel of it and it is definitely going in the bag. You can definitely notice a difference with an open face shot, such as a flop shot. It is definitely going to stay in the bag a while.

[quote name='Tenngolfer' timestamp='1340886814' post='5182658']
[quote name='lumberman2462' timestamp='1340716430' post='5169370']
[/quote]

I have a 56* K grind with the KBS high rev wedge shaft. It arrived about two weeks ago and I have only got to use it sparingly, mostly in my yard etc. I really like the feel of it and it is definitely going in the bag. You can definitely notice a difference with an open face shot, such as a flop shot. It is definitely going to stay in the bag a while.
[/quote]

It's a good wedge. I got the same KBS shaft. I fooled around with it for about an hour and hit every kind of shot imaginable. I had mine bent to 55*. Couldn't find any firm sand to work in but it was fine in the fluffy stuff. It is noticeably softer on short pitches and chips than a Vokey. I wonder about how long it will hold up playing on hard pan before I need to get the loft/lie adjusted. Spin was fine and I'm sure more than I need.

Everyone has a different take on loft of their wedges. I have a 60* lob, now a 55* K grind and my gap wedge is 50*. I'll probably order another Miura for my gap. Just not sure which series I will go with. Funny, I've had a million wedges in my life and I can't recall if I've ever had a forged sand wedge - everyone spends all their time worrying about the feel of a forged set of irons - and the one club that most finesse shots are played with is the sand wedge....and almost everyone has a cast sand wedge.

So far it's a keeper.

SYard T388
TaylorMade RBZ 13-15
Miura CB-57 3-PW
Old Titleist Blade

I hit a few practice sand shots yesterday on hard baked sand. This K grind went through like a champ. Then went to the chippingnarea and hit flops with the face wide open off the tight fringe- nothing but goodness. Then a few chips for lagging and then a few for stops and hops. Really nice.

BTW- I have my Gap at 51* Y grind, 56* K grind and the 60* C grind. Sweetest forged set around.

PXG Hybrid stand bag

Have the K Grind bent to 55, and the C Grind 59 - I'm not as comfortable opening up the K Grind 55 more than a little, and I think it's due to the head shape. The 59 head shape, to my eye, is more conducive to opening up around the greens.

Father, Wannabe Golfer, Novelist

• Ping G430 Max 9/TPT 19Hi @45.25
  • Ping G430 3 wd/TPT 19 Hi
  • Callaway Paradym 18 w/TPTGolf 18 Hi
  • Ping G430 4H & 5H w/TPTGolf Hybrid Shaft
  • Ping i230 6-PW Recoil Dart 90
  • Artisan 50, 55, 59 w/ Nippon 105 Wedge
  • Putter:  LAB Cobalt Blue DF3 w/TPT Shaft
  • Vessel Bag
  • ProV1x
  • Ping ChipR in messy or no turf conditions

[quote name='lumberman2462' timestamp='1340816180' post='5178092']
[/quote]

Ok. Well where did you see it and what was the time frame on getting one. Rumor has it that 52 & 60 are coming but that it was "going to be a while." That was from a Miura employee.
[/quote]

I saw it in my work shop....I was making it for a MIura customer who ordered it from Miura Golf Inc.....I don't know what the supply is like at the moment...doesn't concern me actually. Check with the guys at Miura [color=#0000ff][i][b] [url="http://www.miuragolf.com/"]http://www.miuragolf.com/[/url][/b][/i][/color]

PS...was that comment about them "going to be a while" from a Miura dealer employee or someone at Miura Golf Inc.?

Yonex Tri-G 10* driver
Miura Tour Black 54* SW
Miura Tour Black 60* LW
Miura KM007 Putter

[quote name='FLOGMR' timestamp='1340992945' post='5190396']
[quote name='lumberman2462' timestamp='1340816180' post='5178092']
[/quote]

[/quote]

I saw it in my work shop....I was making it for a MIura customer who ordered it from Miura Golf Inc.....I don't know what the supply is like at the moment...doesn't concern me actually. Check with the guys at Miura [color=#0000ff][i][b] [url="http://www.miuragolf.com/"]http://www.miuragolf.com/[/url][/b][/i][/color]

PS...was that comment about them "going top be a while" from a Miura dealer employee or someone at Miura Golf Inc.?
[/quote]

It was from Bill at Miura via email. I was trying to track down a K Grind wedge - the guy that built my set of Miura irons has gone on an extended vacation and wasn't available. I went through the Miura website and tried three different dealers and couldn't get any action on getting one in a reasonable amount of time. Finally found a guy in Georgia that built it and shipped it the same day. Anyway, I like the K. I didn't know that regular folks can order from Miura and then have someone put it together - I thought it was all through dealers.

SYard T388
TaylorMade RBZ 13-15
Miura CB-57 3-PW
Old Titleist Blade

Yup......anyone can order direct from Miura Golf Inc and have them built to whatever specs you specify....I did the first K 60* for a customer last week.

Yonex Tri-G 10* driver
Miura Tour Black 54* SW
Miura Tour Black 60* LW
Miura KM007 Putter

[quote name='swing981' timestamp='1341103941' post='5196222']
they r coming out with a new grind later this summer
[/quote]

I supposed every company is coming out with something new every season. I understand that they probably don't want the word out that something "new" is coming because that might make some customers want to wait-and-see the new clubs rather than buying what it left in inventory. Obviously folks on this forum are golf nuts (me included) that will probably continue to keep buying the next latest and greatest - But I have to wonder what the worldwide market is for for $200+ wedges?

SYard T388
TaylorMade RBZ 13-15
Miura CB-57 3-PW
Old Titleist Blade

[quote name='FLOGMR' timestamp='1341032354' post='5193410']
Yup......anyone can order direct from Miura Golf Inc and have them built to whatever specs you specify....I did the first K 60* for a customer last week.
[/quote]

Good to know. Since you're a club maker - Please give me an opinion on something? I've been using the same wedge set-up for years. 50*, 55*, 60* My 60* came stock at 60*, my 55* is a 56* bent down to 55*. Here's the question: Does it make any difference taking a 48/49* and bending up to 50* versus taking 51/52* and bending it down?

If you can come across a 52*K that can be built and want to sell one - PM your contact info.

SYard T388
TaylorMade RBZ 13-15
Miura CB-57 3-PW
Old Titleist Blade

[quote name='lumberman2462' timestamp='1341147738' post='5197898']
[quote name='FLOGMR' timestamp='1341032354' post='5193410']
[/quote]

Good to know. Since you're a club maker - Please give me an opinion on something? I've been using the same wedge set-up for years. 50*, 55*, 60* My 60* came stock at 60*, my 55* is a 56* bent down to 55*. Here's the question: Does it make any difference taking a 48/49* and bending up to 50* versus taking 51/52* and bending it down?

If you can come across a 52*K that can be built and want to sell one - PM your contact info.
[/quote]

Those are pretty small adjustments....bending a club "weaker" adds a bit of bounce....bending it "stronger" takes off a bit of bounce....my S/W is a 54* Tour Black bent to 56* ....it suits me. Wedges are so personal (kinda like putters) you really have to find what suits your needs and swing.
We had a guy a while back who loved the K grind 56* so much he bought 3 of them and bent one to 52* and one to 60*....not my idea of a great move.....but .....To each his own...I guess??
PM sent.

Yonex Tri-G 10* driver
Miura Tour Black 54* SW
Miura Tour Black 60* LW
Miura KM007 Putter