Golfchicago

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

meanwhile, back at the ranch. we still need

date, time and place. some of us need time

to plan ahead. yaknow FAMILY. give it a few

years Rich youll know what im talking about.

:rolleyes: :cheesy: .

Yeah, we need to get the place, time, and date set up, and if we are doing the ryder cup team's or not, and, the exact rules for the betting. I would love to play cog hill but any nice course will be fun.

Rich

No cog hill please it is truely a waste of money. I would suggest Ruffled Feathers, Kemper Lakes, Cantigny, Prairie Landing, Thunderhawk, Stonewall Orchard. I would rather play one of those. I have played Cog hill dubs and have caddied on it for the western and I hate that course it is boring and unorignal. There are some private courses that would be even better but I don't think we could swing it.

George W. Dunne is a great course. Its a shame that the other Forest Preserve courses can't all be up to the rate of Dunne. I played Dunne twice and I enjoyed it very much. I hope that the other courses can pick up the quality.

A course comparable to Dunne is Pine Meadow and it is in good condition.

Yeah I go Notre Dame HS in Niles and St.Patrick plays at Pinemeadow. Through my 4 years of golf we've played there twice and the course was magnificent. Great layout, awesome condition, challenging...pretty much a perfect course. I know it is highly regarded as one of the top public courses in Illinois so its definately a high class venue.

I must be the only one who thinks Pine Meadow is overrated in Chicago too? There practice facility is very good tho. Last time I was on that track I went 4 under and Pared 18 from the lefthand trees of the drive. I guess I just like hard courses.

No cog hill please it is truely a waste of money. I would suggest Ruffled Feathers, Kemper Lakes, Cantigny, Prairie Landing, Thunderhawk, Stonewall Orchard. I would rather play one of those. I have played Cog hill dubs and have caddied on it for the western and I hate that course it is boring and unorignal. There are some private courses that would be even better but I don't think we could swing it.

now, i like a place called RUFFLED FEATHERS. :cheesy:

:rolleyes:

Kemper just went private, didn't it?

O.k. It is getting close to voting on a course. Here is a list of some of the courses mentioned. If anyone wants to add a course, let me know. I'll wait a week before posting a final vote.

Prairie Landing

TPC Deere Run

Big Run

Harborside

Glen Club

Mistwood

Weaver Ridge

Ruffled Feathers

George Dunne

Cog Hill

Also, let's finalize a format. I am leaning toward the first day as more of a social event. Let's get to know each other and have fun. We can throw in a bunch of fun prizes with some cool contests(skins, long drive clostest to pin,etc.). The second day we can do a competition for $$$. The idea of the outing intially was to get together to find out the faces behind the comments. We can always turn this into a serious competition in years to come.

Well, I like any of the courses that are somewhat close to me, I can't drive yet(have my permit, parents don't like golf) but I might get a ride from someone. For the competition, I think we should do teams; Ryder/President Cup format would be cool. and I would need the whole amount, both days, betting, and Everything included.

Rich

O.k. It is getting close to voting on a course. Here is a list of some of the courses mentioned. If anyone wants to add a course, let me know. I'll wait a week before posting a final vote.

Prairie Landing

TPC Deere Run

Big Run

Harborside

Glen Club

Mistwood

Weaver Ridge

Ruffled Feathers

George Dunne

Cog Hill

Also, let's finalize a format. I am leaning toward the first day as more of a social event. Let's get to know each other and have fun. We can throw in a bunch of fun prizes with some cool contests(skins, long drive clostest to pin,etc.). The second day we can do a competition for $$$. The idea of the outing intially was to get together to find out the faces behind the comments. We can always turn this into a serious competition in years to come.

Hey Frank,

TPC Deer Run, Harborside, Glen Club, Cog Hill.....Any of those four....but what about Bonvivant or Seven Bridges? I like to have fun on the course also, anything cheap is fine with me,(betting wise) but on the second day, if on a Sat/Sun, can we have it early on Sun, need to take a flight back home, and would have to leave by 3pm.

I would still like to do 36 in one day, we can have at different courses as long as they're close together, like Cog Hill then George Dunn or Seven Bridges. Or Glen Club then Harborside. But if we can only do 18 a day, that's ok also(wife will have to take care of the kids/dogs a little bit longer)

Mike

Before I can commit to coming, you guys really need to set a date. I would be driving 14 hrs. to make it there, and getting time off work isn't always the easiest thing to do.

SET A DATE!!!!!

God Bless

Jer

PXG 3011X Gen 4 w/ ????
M5 T.I. 14* w/ Aldila STX Tour Green 85TX
????
4-PW Mizuno 919 Hot Metal Pro w/ Modus 130X
52* Cobra MIM/ Modus 130X
58* TM Hi Toe w/ Modus 130X
64* TM Hi Toe w/ Modus 130X
???? w/BGT Stability Shaft/Tour Quad Proto

Before I can commit to coming, you guys really need to set a date. I would be driving 14 hrs. to make it there, and getting time off work isn't always the easiest thing to do.

SET A DATE!!!!!

God Bless

Jer

First I need to hear where everyone wants to play and then I can call that place I find their availability.

Prairie Landing

TPC Deere Run

Big Run

Harborside

Glen Club

Mistwood

Weaver Ridge

Ruffled Feathers

George Dunne

Cog Hill

Hey Frank,

TPC Deer Run, Harborside, Glen Club, Cog Hill.....Any of those four....but what about Bonvivant or Seven Bridges? I like to have fun on the course also, anything cheap is fine with me,(betting wise) but on the second day, if on a Sat/Sun, can we have it early on Sun, need to take a flight back home, and would have to leave by 3pm.

I would still like to do 36 in one day, we can have at different courses as long as they're close together, like Cog Hill then George Dunn or Seven Bridges. Or Glen Club then Harborside. But if we can only do 18 a day, that's ok also(wife will have to take care of the kids/dogs a little bit longer)

Mike

Mike, Bon Vivant is wide open and not in the same league as some of the other courses mentioned. Doing 36 may be difficult because most of the courses have permanent tee times in the morning.

Well, I like any of the courses that are somewhat close to me, I can't drive yet(have my permit, parents don't like golf) but I might get a ride from someone. For the competition, I think we should do teams; Ryder/President Cup format would be cool. and I would need the whole amount, both days, betting, and Everything included.

Rich

Rich, how far can you travel?

Prairie Landing

TPC Deere Run

Big Run

Harborside

Glen Club

Mistwood

Weaver Ridge

Ruffled Feathers

George Dunne

Cog Hill

How bout we just play all of them? :)

Rich

Rich, how far can you travel?

Well, probably 45 minutes out from Channahon, might be able to get to Cog Hil, that is why I wanted it(+ my dad knows where it is) and I could definetly go to Mistwood, I want to go to both days, I would hate to mis out playing with you guys. Let me know. But I might be able to get a ride with someone.

Rich

Isn't George Dunne a park district or county course? Haven't been there in a loooooong while, but if I remember correctly the course has alot of wasteland with high bush right? If it's the course I'm thinking of I need to bring 4 dozen of balls instead of 3 dozen. lol I know it's hard to get in 36 but if at all possible it would be great. If you like how I play Frank, then maybe we can do 18 on Sunday, If we do 36 on Saturday, that is. Any course that you mentioned is fine with me! But will my brother be able to go, or do you just want it to be a golfwrx party?

Mike

Isn't George Dunne a park district or county course? Haven't been there in a loooooong while, but if I remember correctly the course has alot of wasteland with high bush right? If it's the course I'm thinking of I need to bring 4 dozen of balls instead of 3 dozen. lol I know it's hard to get in 36 but if at all possible it would be great. If you like how I play Frank, then maybe we can do 18 on Sunday, If we do 36 on Saturday, that is. Any course that you mentioned is fine with me! But will my brother be able to go, or do you just want it to be a golfwrx party?

Mike

Mike, you can bring your brother. As long as there are only a few guests, it won't defeat the purpose. Dunne is a county course. You'll be fine. There are some generous fairways there.

Hi Frank-

Count me in if you don't mind a 15 hndcp hack! 6/30 is my birthday so I am sure my wife WILL let me out. She can take the kids to the pool!

Other than that any weekend in June or July is good with me. The earlier the better.

I look forward to meeting you at Prestwick. In the meantime, i know what your sticks are, what kind of bag are they in in case I am scoping people at the Dome?

I am all Pings with a kind of light blue/grey Titleist Stand bag....G5 headcovers...

See you soon

Hi Frank-

Count me in if you don't mind a 15 hndcp hack! 6/30 is my birthday so I am sure my wife WILL let me out. She can take the kids to the pool!

Other than that any weekend in June or July is good with me. The earlier the better.

I look forward to meeting you at Prestwick. In the meantime, i know what your sticks are, what kind of bag are they in in case I am scoping people at the Dome?

I am all Pings with a kind of light blue/grey Titleist Stand bag....G5 headcovers...

See you soon

Hi,

You are in my brother. There is no handicap restriction. Also, I don't consider a 15 a hack. For that matter the only people I consider hacks are those who play slow, thats it! During the winter you will see me sport a Titlesit black and yellow bag. During the summer I'll have my Tour Edge staff bag, but for now, the Titleist bag because it is easier to lug around. Yes, we will definitely tee it up this summer at Prestwick.