2024 John Deere Classic WITB Photos ×

SeeMore Putters

PingManMac

Does anyone what the grip is that I guess comes standard on the fgp? It's rubber, seems around midsize, and is a golf pride grip. maybe a little triangular at the top. The only golf pride grip on their website says standard size and the one I was playing around with definitely felt larger than standard.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Tactical Golf' timestamp='1360125474' post='6371211']
No, you cannot use a forward press with a SeeMore. That is on purpose as the dot and white lines are there to make sure your set up, posture, and ball position are consistent, plus the loft is 2.5*. If you are taught properly how to do those things you will not pull your putts. Also, forward press is not a consistent way to putt as you have no way to be sure your press is the same each time, and you may change the loft of your putter every time you putt.
[/quote]

Okay, so I have always wanted a Rossie-style putter, and when I saw Seemore's SI3 offering, I got pretty excited because of how my Seemore performs for me. So I saw one on Ebay, flawless, at a decent price and bought it. When I received it, I discovered it was an SI3W (offset), and I was wondering why Seemore would offer an offset putter when their apparent approach is straight-shaft, middle of stance, SBST system. As the putter institute guy, can you address that?

Oh, btw, the SI3W putts just as well as my M8ss, and in fact (may be my imagination but) maybe even be a little better because of hand position (is that b'cause of offset?). So as the SPI guy, can you talk about this?? And again, this SI3 putter is the real deal - a no baloney, great-aiming putter - I feel confident in it without going thru the usual 12,000,000 hours of new putter practice!

Thanks for your opinion!

[quote name='plus8' timestamp='1361016884' post='6438961']
No, you cannot use a forward press with a SeeMore. That is on purpose as the dot and white lines are there to make sure your set up, posture, and ball position are consistent, plus the loft is 2.5*. If you are taught properly how to do those things you will not pull your putts. Also, forward press is not a consistent way to putt as you have no way to be sure your press is the same each time, and you may change the loft of your putter every time you putt.
[/quote]

Okay, so I have always wanted a Rossie-style putter, and when I saw Seemore's SI3 offering, I got pretty excited because of how my Seemore performs for me. So I saw one on Ebay, flawless, at a decent price and bought it. When I received it, I discovered it was an SI3W (offset), and I was wondering why Seemore would offer an offset putter when their apparent approach is straight-shaft, middle of stance, SBST system. As the putter institute guy, can you address that?

Oh, btw, the SI3W putts just as well as my M8ss, and in fact (may be my imagination but) maybe even be a little better because of hand position (is that b'cause of offset?). So as the SPI guy, can you talk about this?? And again, this SI3 putter is the real deal - a no baloney, great-aiming putter - I feel confident in it without going thru the usual 12,000,000 hours of new putter practice!

Thanks for your opinion!
[/quote]

Not a problem...first let's clarify...SeeMore does NOT promote the SBST stroke, but actually prefers a slightly arcing stroke. Also, did you notice that despite the offset shaft, you were still hiding the red dot? I agree with you, the Si3 is one bad mofo putter, I have one in a belly to keep my stroke smooth, and am getting an M9 SS which is the newer milled version just because I love the feel...yet I have a hard time taking my FGP out of the bag...damn, now I have to put another bag together...I hate this site!!!! LOL

[quote name='Tactical Golf' timestamp='1361232388' post='6454397']
[quote name='plus8' timestamp='1361016884' post='6438961']
[/quote]

Thanks for your opinion!
[/quote]

Not a problem...first let's clarify...SeeMore does NOT promote the SBST stroke, but actually prefers a slightly arcing stroke. Also, did you notice that despite the offset shaft, you were still hiding the red dot? I agree with you, the Si3 is one bad mofo putter, I have one in a belly to keep my stroke smooth, and am getting an M9 SS which is the newer milled version just because I love the feel...yet I have a hard time taking my FGP out of the bag...damn, now I have to put another bag together...I hate this site!!!! LOL
[/quote]

Yes, I noticed all that, and I noticed and was extremely pleased that I could use the red-dot system on this putter - seamlessly and without any real learning curve -- and I stand corrected on the 'sbst' comment - I was under the impression that the SPI was all about SBST. BTW, my wife just walked by and said - eyes rolling - "You mean Seemore has their own '[i]Institute'[/i]??" Wull, Yeah, I said....(effin' laymen)... Anyway, yeah, this SI3 is definitely a 'bad mofo putter', and I am just continually amazed at the accuracy and the feel (yeah I know feel is all about sound, but still) of this little gem. I loked up the M9ss immediately, but after picking up the M8 and the SI3W, I am not sure I can buy an M9ss just yet. I think I'll stick with what I've got for awhile. I would just LOVE to try one out, though.... the offset model, since this seems to be my sweet spot..... For now, the SI3W and the M8ss are changing my life..

Again, I cannot stress enough to thread readers - these things are the real deal. I am loving it more than any putter I have ever used - ever. And no, I don't work for Seemore or a reseller - I'm just a guy who's owned almost every kinda flatstick out there, and who's tryin' to get under 30 putts per round..

So, TG, if you DO get an M9ss could you just ask for another one in 35" 71* lie, and exactly 341 grams? I mean, it would prob'ly be worth it to Seemore to gimme one of those, eh??

.....I'm just sayin'......

Question on Seemore putters....are you supposed to never see the red dot during the whole stroke or is it mostly a set up thing? Love the red dot feature to at setup. makes the alignment easy to get everything square and consistant. I dont see the red dot at all on the backswing or then back at impact. But at the completion of the follow thru i start seeing red dot. it's not natural feeling to me to keep it hidden too far after contact. If the key is to hide the red dot at all times, then that's something i need to work on. if it's just mainly for setup, then i guess i am good.

Good question. Wish I know the 'correct' answer. All I know is that I do not see it during setup or backstroke (I like a smooth, shorter backstroke whenever possible), and when I follow thru, I still do not see the red part. The beauty of these putters, if you use them per the SPI folks, is that they will groove your seing so that pretty much ANY putter you use will become much easier. Since using my Seemore, I have goten a lot better with my (believe it or not) old Accushnet Bullseye flanged putter....and I attribute that solely to my experience with the Seemore offerings.

Maybe an SPI'er will weigh in.

[quote name='bushwood' timestamp='1361484800' post='6474799']
Question on Seemore putters....are you supposed to never see the red dot during the whole stroke or is it mostly a set up thing? Love the red dot feature to at setup. makes the alignment easy to get everything square and consistant. I dont see the red dot at all on the backswing or then back at impact. But at the completion of the follow thru i start seeing red dot. it's not natural feeling to me to keep it hidden too far after contact. If the key is to hide the red dot at all times, then that's something i need to work on. if it's just mainly for setup, then i guess i am good.
[/quote]

You are not supposed to see the red dot at all throughout the stroke.

gotcha, thanks. i feel like, for me, that there needs to be a little more 'lifting' of the putter head on the follow thru to keep the red covered. which i guess is a natural motion, but i've always kept it a little low and toward the aiming point. i guess why i do that is to try and keep it going towards my target line, and not rotate the toe too much closed at the end. going to play around with that some.

[quote name='Rasta300' timestamp='1361558213' post='6480789']
You are not supposed to see the red dot at all throughout the stroke.
[/quote]

From doing some demos with a DB4-x CB (which I really liked but didn't buy), I agree that your set up is enhanced by the guides but as for the stroke, I am only watching the ball through impact & soon after. And I should still be watching where is was for a second or 2 to make sure I don't lift my head/body too soon after the stroke.

Just thought it's important not to be distracted by the red dot when you should be focussed on the stroke itself.

[font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]Titleist 917 D3 9.5° - GD Tour AD MJ 7TX
Titleist 917 F2 15° - Aldila Rogue Silver 70 S
Mizuno MP H4 3 Driving Iron - KBS Tour S
Titleist 718 AP3 4-PW - KBS Tour S+
Callaway Mack Daddy 2 50.12°S
Callaway Mack Daddy Forged 54.10°[/font]
[font=tahoma, geneva, sans-serif]Cleveland RTX 3.0 [/font][font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]58.09°
Scotty 2018 FB 1st of 500[/font]
[font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]Scotty 2018 Global Ltd Fastback[/font]

Question for those in the know. What model should I look at if I'm looking to replace a Bullyeye. I'm convinced a center shaft is best for me. I do okay with a CS mallet, sometimes really well. But, an old school Bullseye always sets up best to my eye. Problem is, when the stroke is a little off, it isn't too forgiving. My local GS carries Seemore, but the selection is not great. Suggestions appreciated.

Question for those in the know. What model should I look at if I'm looking to replace a Bullyeye. I'm convinced a center shaft is best for me. I do okay with a CS mallet, sometimes really well. But, an old school Bullseye always sets up best to my eye. Problem is, when the stroke is a little off, it isn't too forgiving. My local GS carries Seemore, but the selection is not great. Suggestions appreciated.

M6 ss

productimage-picture-m6-m6w-117_jpg_607x607_q85.jpg

[quote name='ROH1' timestamp='1361649289' post='6487435']
[/quote]

If you love your Bullseye, you may want to try a wide-flanged center-shafted one. Like this one. Note it is center-shafted, absolutely no offset, and the flange has a t-slot cut into it. Very forgiving and accurate for a Bullseye. And more beautiful than any putter out there today (no offense, Seemore)...

M6 ss

productimage-picture-m6-m6w-117_jpg_607x607_q85.jpg

PLOP!!

[quote name='ROH1' timestamp='1361665625' post='6488747']
Pretty cool. What does the slot do?
[/quote]

Ya got me. I'm sure it's about feel/sound or maybe some forgiveness? It's an old model, maybe slotted to compete with the old Ping slotted anser??? But it is a great soft-feeling putter, with a wide but not harsh flange, and the slot really helps lining up putts. This is a very nice putter to putt, and is almost - almost - as easy to putt as the M8ss. I love playing it, but at this point it stays home and shines.

just ordered the FGP Mallet! I foresee many more birdie putts dropping. I never should have gotten away from using a Seemore its almost like cheating when you get it all lined up.

[b]D[/b]: Ping G15 9*
[b]FW[/b]: Ping G15 4w
[b]H[/b]: Ping G10 21*
[b]I[/b]: Ping i3 O-size 4-W
[b]W[/b]: Eye 2 SW, G15 G, Eye 2+ L
[b]P[/b]: Taylor Made Monza Spider

I've got my mFGP! Cannot wait to get it out on the golf course. If my wife ever gets back from Target I'm going to hand off the baby and try to sneak out for 9 holes. It's 45 here today in NJ, which is a like a heatwave!

Edit: I should have added, I'm loving it the way it feels putting at home. Such great balance and the face is so soft with a "deep" feel on impact. The feedback is also great, I can tell instantly when I come up and thin it a bit. I will have to practice to eliminate some really crazy strokes since I'm coming from a heel-shafted blade. The oversized grip is already helping quiet my hands, which I've thought for a long time I need to do.

I've had my Seemore Si2 blade (in black) for close to a year now. Before I purchased it, I spoke with customer service several times about the correct length. We settled on 32" because I'm only 5'4" and had a tendency to crouch a bit. After implementing the setup they encouraged, my alignment has improved tremendously. Now, I just work on speed before every round. I've always preferred a putter with an insert so I'm very pleased with my Si2 in every way.

Ben Hogan GS53 9* with UST Helium stiff  & Ben Hogan GS53 16* with UST Helium stiff

Titleist 816 H2 21* with stiff flex Diamana S+ Blue 70  

Ping G400 irons 5-AW with steel AWT shafts

Callaway MD4 Wide sole wedges 54* & 58*

Seemore Nashville One Studio Series

• 4 weeks later...

I'm using a DB4 right now and it's great. Make sure you get the right lie angle and you'll be rolling your rock like no other.

[quote name='Gava' timestamp='1360493578' post='6398649']
I've gone for a SC Fastback 1.5 but was close to a SeeMore DB4-x in a mid mallet.

Any love here for the DB4 series here?
[/quote]