SkyPro - really impressive

Most likely your face angle at address is a little off with your driver which will cause skypro to show inside. Remember it assumes you set up with a square club face. Try this, setup purposefully with club face closed, swing normally, compare to another with club face open at address, swing normally. The plane shown will shift. Make sure you set up square.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone have a problem with the way the swing plane is shown? It may very well be accurate relative to the club position at address but the fact that an on-plane swing shows up underneath the shoulders at the top bothers me. I want to use skyPro to work on my swing plane but by looking at just the picture of the plane it trips me up.

[quote name='contramoto' timestamp='1368903650' post='7060290']
[quote name='DLiver' timestamp='1368793013' post='7052498']
[quote name='dzg' timestamp='1368766884' post='7051830']
Does this software show face angle at impact?
I read a review where the reviewer says this does not ... which imo is a big minus
[/quote]

It shows face angle and path at impact, but doesn't give you the measurement. You can only see these two things by looking closely in the 3D swing model.
[/quote]
Not even. You can't see it at all really. And I really wanted to see that, with numbers.
[/quote]

Well I can see it very clearly when I double tap to enlarge the image.. You can also see the path into the ball very clearly. But no, there are no numbers shown--yet.

I'm not really sure how to use the plane mode effectively... but the swing mode is great. Mine shows my takeaway is too inside and backswing too long. It also gives me the alert every time for shaft angle at address, but my instructor is ok with my hands being pretty far forward at address (not sure if this will change as I start getting better but I have only been playing seriously for a year and consider myself a relative newbie). I would add is that I think this is definitely something you should use with lessons, not instead of them. It's great at showing whether your club is getting into the right positions but you need to know the right way to move your body to get the club there. That's where good instruction comes in.

I got this so that I could more effectively practice at home with a net given that my range time is limited. I am waiting on a net to be delivered so I have not used it that way yet but I am pretty confident this is going to make indoor practice more meaningful.

This is my first post and I just want to say thanks for all the great info. It was because of this thread that I bought the Skypro. I just got it the other day. I charged it up, which took a little over 2hrs. It was going to be a couple days before I could go to the range so I took it outside and made a few swings with trying to just brush the ground, well I tend to hit a little fat and that didnt go too well in the st Augustine. The Skypro did pick it up though. I found some practice balls and tried them, it would show that i did swing but it wouldn't read it. So next I tried an impact bag, it worked great for about 20 shots then quit reading like I never made the swing. I tried everything to get it to read, even tried removing the app and starting completely over, it never would pick up the swing. It would pair up and calibrate fine it just would not show a swing. Usually it would tell you if it didn't read it but it wouldn't do anything. By this time its too late to call any tech support, so yesterday morning I call Golfsmith. I bought from them online with the discount(thanks to this thread). They said bring into the store and they would exchange it, so off I went. They exchanged it with no questions asked. Got it home charged it up again and set it up. It still would not register, so now I'm thinking something is wrong with the phone. I went through restarting, reloading and everything and still nothing. So I figured i would try one last thing. I built myself a hitting pad out of a few layers of thick cardboard, used an old blanket and big cardboard box as backstop. I jammed a tee into the cardboard pad made a few slow swings into to make sure I wasn't going to send the ball thru the garage wall or back into myself and it worked pretty good. I set up the skypro and tried it and it worked perfectly!!! I tried it with the practice balls and it would not read them, I tried the plastic whiffle ball type and I also had some soft rubber ones, it would not read either one. So despite what the instruction say, you need to hit a real ball for it to register.
I cant wait to try out the groove setting, that looks pretty sweet and was one of the main reasons i chose the Skypro over the others. I do also like the full data table, it show all the numbers for 5 swings on one page so you can really see you consistencies or lack of.
The calibration part can be a nuisance but I think it makes it much more accurate than the other brands that just clamp on. The only thing about it is my driver face is rounded and sometimes it thinks its a 3 wood and I have to change it, so I wonder how accurate it is with that. My irons it nails everytime. I try to hold my fingers around it to steady it better on the driver club face and seams to work ok. I have my IPhone 5 in an Otter case that is rubber lined hard plastic with a flat back. If you are worried about putting you high dollar phone on your dirty clubs then it sounds like you need to clean your clubs and by a good case for your phone.

Hi Guys,

Swingnmiss, did you see that you can change the upper plane angle? Or is it the avatar that trips you up? It is sized to be a best guess (we don't actually know how long your legs are, what your spine angle is, etc.), so its shoulders may not line up with your shoulders.

Pat L (and others), thanks for the info about the wiffle ball. We had tested with some wiffle balls, but it doesn't work on some other kinds. I will look into that this week, as it is likely fixable by an app update. (Also on the list: custom groove targets..)

Gord

[quote name='gparke' timestamp='1368983698' post='7063914']
Swingnmiss, did you see that you can change the upper plane angle? Or is it the avatar that trips you up? It is sized to be a best guess (we don't actually know how long your legs are, what your spine angle is, etc.), so its shoulders may not line up with your shoulders.
[size=4][/quote][/size]

I realized the problem is you can't figure out a person's height, etc., but, yes, it is the avatar that trips me up. I guess in swing mode I need to figure out a way to quickly see whether my swing plane is where it should be.

I just got back from the range and it worked great. It confirmed somethings I knew I was doing, one of which is coming over the top. Now I got to figure out how to stop that. I also found that changing my shaft angle from the ground helped me alot with my driver, I guess I was s.tanding too far away from the ball and bending over too far
Gord, Is there any way to tag a swing? Like if you have a good or bad swing and you just want to mark it so you can go back and compare it to other swings. Its a little hard to stop, look at the phone and figure out what you did. If you could somehow quickly tag a particular swing then you could look at it when you are taking a break or changing clubs.

I just went outside to use the skypro. and noticed that I could not see the screen because of the sun glare. Has anyone found a something which can be used with a ipad that can help to read it better. There was no shade to goto.

Also I noticed that Skypro always indicated that I have a very forward leading club head but even moving the club around does not change that alert. Is anyone getting this problem. I notified skypro but have not getting the answer back yet.
By the way I think the unit is great! Once they add some of the features requested in the forum it will be great. Gordon has been a tremendous aid to the forum members here and I really appreciate it.

Dave

[quote name='Pat L' timestamp='1368969249' post='7063116']
This is my first post and I just want to say thanks for all the great info. It was because of this thread that I bought the Skypro. I just got it the other day. I charged it up, which took a little over 2hrs. It was going to be a couple days before I could go to the range so I took it outside and made a few swings with trying to just brush the ground, well I tend to hit a little fat and that didnt go too well in the st Augustine. The Skypro did pick it up though. I found some practice balls and tried them, it would show that i did swing but it wouldn't read it. So next I tried an impact bag, it worked great for about 20 shots then quit reading like I never made the swing. I tried everything to get it to read, even tried removing the app and starting completely over, it never would pick up the swing. It would pair up and calibrate fine it just would not show a swing. Usually it would tell you if it didn't read it but it wouldn't do anything. By this time its too late to call any tech support, so yesterday morning I call Golfsmith. I bought from them online with the discount(thanks to this thread). They said bring into the store and they would exchange it, so off I went. They exchanged it with no questions asked. Got it home charged it up again and set it up. It still would not register, so now I'm thinking something is wrong with the phone. I went through restarting, reloading and everything and still nothing. So I figured i would try one last thing. I built myself a hitting pad out of a few layers of thick cardboard, used an old blanket and big cardboard box as backstop. I jammed a tee into the cardboard pad made a few slow swings into to make sure I wasn't going to send the ball thru the garage wall or back into myself and it worked pretty good. I set up the skypro and tried it and it worked perfectly!!! I tried it with the practice balls and it would not read them, I tried the plastic whiffle ball type and I also had some soft rubber ones, it would not read either one. So despite what the instruction say, you need to hit a real ball for it to register.
I cant wait to try out the groove setting, that looks pretty sweet and was one of the main reasons i chose the Skypro over the others. I do also like the full data table, it show all the numbers for 5 swings on one page so you can really see you consistencies or lack of.
The calibration part can be a nuisance but I think it makes it much more accurate than the other brands that just clamp on. The only thing about it is my driver face is rounded and sometimes it thinks its a 3 wood and I have to change it, so I wonder how accurate it is with that. My irons it nails everytime. I try to hold my fingers around it to steady it better on the driver club face and seams to work ok. I have my IPhone 5 in an Otter case that is rubber lined hard plastic with a flat back. If you are worried about putting you high dollar phone on your dirty clubs then it sounds like you need to clean your clubs and by a good case for your phone.
[/quote]

Pat L, I have the same problem. Bought it to practice in the backyard with the soft rubber/foam balls or just brushing the ground. It has registered only one swing since I bought it a couple of weeks ago.

Gord, any time table on a fix for this. Thinking of returning it until the bugs are worked out.

Titleist TS3 9.5° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-6
Titleist 917F2 15° Diamana S+ Blue 70 S
Titleist 917F2 18° Diamana S+ Blue 70 S
Titleist AP2 712 4-W NS Pro 970 S
Titleist SM8 Wedges 52,56, 60
Scotty Cameron Futura 5S Putter

I've been using the Almostgolf balls to chip with for a while and love them. Wanted to use them to hit into a net with Skypro but similar to the remarks above the unit will not register a swing using them unless I take a hardish "divot" into my mat. This may be ok for short iron play (still frustrating) but for driving it is obviously not going to be a solution!

The Almostgolf balls are MUCH better than any wiffle ball I have used btw (and slightly heavier).

[quote name='jnradioactive' timestamp='1369084450' post='7071330']
Much like the initial release of the SGX it appears SkyCaddie is using the 1st customers as the beta testers for SkyPro...
[/quote]

I don't think that's a fair assessment. My unit it working very well, and provides a wealth of information. What's working against this unit, IMO, is its potential. I remember when the original iPhone came out, and people were frustrated because it couldn't/wouldn't do various things.

The SkyPro doesn't do well with "pretend" swings. If you aren't hitting a golf ball, or thumping the ground, it may not record your swing. If you hit a golf ball, it provides a ton of info for you.

I use a SkyPro at the range all the time, and it provides awesome information that helps make my swing better.

I agree that there are some things on this thread where people are looking for functions that are "missing" from the app and that my app functions exactly the way it was advertised... the only exception I have found are the "pretend" swings. The Skypro staff specifically referenced "brushing a mat" to trigger a swing, if they had not advertised it as a function I wouldn't mind. I have found I need to really "hit" a mat to get a swing to register. It seems that they are on top of it though and will be working on that issue. I would say their willingness to work with everyone is refreshing.

Hey guys, James here (my first post too!)

Been reading and following this thread for a couple weeks until it convinced me to finally get one two weeks ago from GolfSmith.

I have a couple of overall observations/suggestions below:[list=1]
[*]Overall the software is pretty damn impressive. Gord and the Skypro team did a good job on catering to people who want to improve and self train
[*]This unit would probably be paired best with light/formal instruction
[*]The inability to capture a majority of practice swings is a little bit disappointing. Like others have said, unless youre using a practice mat that would take some sort of divot or are practicing with real balls its difficult for it to register a swing.
[/list]
Gord - some specific suggestions/feedback:[list=1]
[*][u]Hardware[/u] - Please address build quality as soon as possible (I would say this is of most importance, even before any software tweaks/improvements because I anticipate many of the same repetitive problems). Within the first week the rubber rectangular pad on the white metal clamp simply came off. I assume the adhesive is not quite ready for hundreds of removals/installs (maybe humidity also plays a factor with the adhesive / I live in humid Orlando). Luckily every time it has stuck to the metal shaft upon removal. Instead of simply "notching" into place along with adhesive, maybe having the rubber completely wrap around or somehow bonded to the metal would be a better choice. (Picture attached)
[*][u]Hardware[/u] - Build quality of the plastic if fairly poor. I've been able to use it for a couple of range sessions but after this last one while packing up the case partially cracked open (on the curved side). Think of a partially opened mussel or clam in which I can see a part of the circuit board. It seems as though the orange plastic that mates with the black internal screw has completely cracked. In all my swings and hits I avoided treating the unit poorly. If you could please suggest what I should do next I'd appreciate it. I'm afraid of the repetitive returning that I'll have to do with GolfSmith because the root cause HW issues have not been addressed. (Picture attached)
[*][u]Hardware[/u] - I guess for version 2.0 or in the far future, please look into making the device as sleek and flush to the shaft as possible (I assume thats the plan and goes without being said). So far it seems pretty bulbous and clunky and maybe look into exploring different color options. White probably stands out the best for differentiation (especially compared against other swing analyzers) but theres something about a black "fake carbon fiber" finish that does look pretty slick (ie 3 Bays GSA, the black android version)
[*][u]Software[/u] - Please have the ability to play music concurrently while either doing practice swings or during groove mode. I'm starting to increasingly see people at the range hit with headphones on. I really love the audible tones but would rather not disturb my fellow golfing neighbor.
[*][u]Software[/u] - While in [u]swing[/u] mode have a setting that you can enable so that if any part of your swing brings up an alert that it'll play a different type of sound tone. Regardless of whether I do a horrible shot with 4 notifications or a perfect one with none, audibly it still creates the same confirmation ding. As a person who doesnt necessarily check my phone on every individual swing, a differentiated tone would go a long way. This is of course swinging with my headphones on and I'm aware that the groove mode in many ways accomplishes this same objective. If its created as a setting maybe letting the end user set an adjustable threshold for the negative ding than that would be great (ie if any swing has two or more alerts play the "oops" tone).
[*][u]Software[/u] - Unless I wasnt looking at the right place please have more professional sponsor swings loaded in. In addition to having more loaded in I would like to have their perfect swings to compare against. Most of the demo swings have alerts with some upwards of 3 alerts. I acknowledge that each pro player swings their own way but having a standard "by the text book" professional swing to compare against would be helpful.
[*][u]Software[/u] - Have you tested the unit around various other phones with bluetooth activated? Every now and then the unit would disconnect/reconnect playing the audible iOS tone notification. This mostly happens when a new person shows up a the range. I would assume youve tested to some extent but I guess its inevitable with so many devices around.
[*][u]Software[/u] - With headphones on have the ability after a swing to mark or favorite that swing by pressing some user defined buttons (or ones you designate) in a certain pattern. This again is coming from the standpoint that I dont necessarily want to check my screen and analyze my swing every time. But in the course of hitting if I hit a particularly good shot by pressing the volume up or home button three times (or whatever) I'll be able to mark that swing for analysis later on.
[*][u]Software[/u] - Are you able to tell my shaft angle in relation to whether parallel with the ground or not at the half back and half down positions? For example it seems like no matter how bad the swing is the shaft, clubface, and grip show they're completely parallel with the ground at those various checkpoints.
[/list]
Overall very impressive product!

- James A

In regard to the rubber pad adhesive. Silicone does not stick to rubber/plastic very well but 3M's Black Super Weatherstrip Adhesive does. I do not own this unit but I have a motorcycle helmet in which the rubber seal came loose around the visor port. The only thing that worked well (and is still working) is the 3M stuff available at Walmart for dirt cheap. A little dab might work for the rubber friction pad (or not). It's in the automotive section.

hi guys, reading alot into a few devices but this "groove function" is looking like a real winner. plus that after market support these guys are offering is pretty awesome. anywas have a few questions on the device. honestly how accurate is AOA, club head speed and swing path. they are the big 3 for me? and with the groove function, can you get a anti over the top setting? as in if you club path comes over the top from the end of your back swing it will let you know?

cheers, kyle

kylebray: IMO the SkyPro metrics are pretty darn accurate. They compare favorably to what I see from my sessions in front of a Flightscope launch monitor. However the metrics you asked about are missing (right now) from SkyPro, and this is where I am questioning the usefulness of the unit to me at present It does not provide AoA, face angle at impact or path at impact information (well it does, sort of, but more on that later). To me, ball striking is all about what happens at impact, and the SkyPro is a little short on fino about what is happening at impact.

I've been using the SP since it came out. I have looked at all aspects of my swing, and talked to my instructor about what SP is telling me. SP tells me I take the club a little outside, come over the top slightly on the downswing, and have my hands somewhat high at impact. The good news is that I do these things every single time I swing a club, and none of the issues are large. So both my instructor and I don't feel any adjustment is necessary in these areas.

Where I have troubling variability is at impact. I have a somewhat inconsistent path to the ball (sometimes a little outside, sometimes a little inside), and I tend to shut the face at impact. Since IMO good ball striking is all about what happens at impact, the SP comes up a little short in providing good information about what goes on in this key area. If you look carefully, you can see your face angle at impact and your path to the ball, but these two metrics are not quantified by SP. And as such, they aren't a part of the Groove function. This is a major disappointment to me, because I would love to be able to groove this very important part of my golf swing.

As it stands right now, the Groove function has no value to me. First of all, the fact that I need to make 10 swings to unlock each of the Groove settings is tedious and annoying. Then (as others have pointed out) the inability to set Groove parameters is doubly disappointing. However I understand that this technology is new and it won't be perfect out of the box. I am certainly willing to give SP time to refine and improve this tool, because the whole thing is pretty awesome when you think about it.

So for now, the SP is an interesting tool that has huge potential. Perhaps for newer golfers, it is great asset right now, but for me as an older golfer with a decent swing to begin with, the value is in the potential.

Oh, and the little black rubber thing fell off of my unit too, but it hasn't been a problem. ;)

[quote name='Pat L' timestamp='1369183944' post='7080826']
Has anyone else noticed that you can force the play arrow further to the right and see impact and the beginning of ball flight? If you look at it from and overhead view you can see if the ball went left or right. The next time I'm out with it I want to pay attention to it to see how accurate it is at indicating slices or hooks.
[/quote]

Yes, and it appears consistent with the ball flight I see from the shot.

[quote name='DLiver' timestamp='1369172620' post='7079722']
kylebray: IMO the SkyPro metrics are pretty darn accurate. They compare favorably to what I see from my sessions in front of a Flightscope launch monitor. However the metrics you asked about are missing (right now) from SkyPro, and this is where I am questioning the usefulness of the unit to me at present It does not provide AoA, face angle at impact or path at impact information (well it does, sort of, but more on that later). To me, ball striking is all about what happens at impact, and the SkyPro is a little short on fino about what is happening at impact.

I've been using the SP since it came out. I have looked at all aspects of my swing, and talked to my instructor about what SP is telling me. SP tells me I take the club a little outside, come over the top slightly on the downswing, and have my hands somewhat high at impact. The good news is that I do these things every single time I swing a club, and none of the issues are large. So both my instructor and I don't feel any adjustment is necessary in these areas.

Where I have troubling variability is at impact. I have a somewhat inconsistent path to the ball (sometimes a little outside, sometimes a little inside), and I tend to shut the face at impact. Since IMO good ball striking is all about what happens at impact, the SP comes up a little short in providing good information about what goes on in this key area. If you look carefully, you can see your face angle at impact and your path to the ball, but these two metrics are not quantified by SP. And as such, they aren't a part of the Groove function. This is a major disappointment to me, because I would love to be able to groove this very important part of my golf swing.

As it stands right now, the Groove function has no value to me. First of all, the fact that I need to make 10 swings to unlock each of the Groove settings is tedious and annoying. Then (as others have pointed out) the inability to set Groove parameters is doubly disappointing. However I understand that this technology is new and it won't be perfect out of the box. I am certainly willing to give SP time to refine and improve this tool, because the whole thing is pretty awesome when you think about it.

So for now, the SP is an interesting tool that has huge potential. Perhaps for newer golfers, it is great asset right now, but for me as an older golfer with a decent swing to begin with, the value is in the potential.

Oh, and the little black rubber thing fell off of my unit too, but it hasn't been a problem. ;)
[/quote]

thank you for the reply. from the sounds of it i might hold of, for me AOA and swing path at impact are the 2 major metrics im after. maybe in a year or 2 the technology will catch up.

cheers, kyle

Hi Guys,

PatL: For tagging swings on the fly, the fastest option I can think of is to push and hold on the swing icon at the bottom, then favorite it. A little more time consuming would be to flip the swing selection screen open, and add some text to the comments field. The advantage of the latter is that you can then search for those tags later, using the search field at the top (above all the swings).

GolfMonster2: That is very weird. You mentioned you've emailed support, which is good. You can also PM me on here if necessary.

Cardigans (and others): I have a well defined plan to fix the wiffle ball problem, but announcing an ETA is hard. The wild card is Apple authentication, which can take anywhere between 3 days and 2 weeks. I also need to test my fix before submitting. If I had to guess I'd say around 3 weeks. Btw, this update should also include some of the features asked for in Groove mode.

Imslimjim: thanks for the detailed review! I've written down your suggestions, but wanted to comment on a couple points. Completely agree that hardware build quality is a top priority. That's where we've been spending the majority of our time, and we've made a lot of progress. We have new rubber pads, which we can send to people experiencing problems with the old ones. Your "cracked clamshell" hardware breakage was due to that front screw being overtightened. This likely happened early in our production process, as we quickly put in measures to prevent it. Your best bet is to PM me your information, and I can send you a replacement part.

The earphones is a great idea. That's one piece of feedback that we hadn't thought of before release, but a few people have already mentioned. Favoriting using the volume buttons is especially clever. I'll see what I can do.

We're working on the professional sponsor swings. We have a few ideas, and SkyGolf has some great connections, so I think we'll be able to deliver well on this front. It may take some time though.

Thats strange about the occasional disconnect/reconnect. We have tested with multiple phones/devices (for example every time we QC a batch of units) but there are so many outside influences that can affect a Bluetooth link. Does it reconnect right away? We tried to minimized the inconvenience when this happens (auto-reconnect, assuming the last calibration, etc.)

Finally, we actually define half-back and half-down as when your club becomes parallel to the ground during the backswing/downswing respectively.

Kyle: I hope and expect it will be less than a year or two! We are looking into other parameters, and will release them when we're comfortable they'll be accurate.

Hope that helps!

Gord

[quote name='gparke' timestamp='1369191771' post='7081830']
Hi Guys,

PatL: For tagging swings on the fly, the fastest option I can think of is to push and hold on the swing icon at the bottom, then favorite it. A little more time consuming would be to flip the swing selection screen open, and add some text to the comments field. The advantage of the latter is that you can then search for those tags later, using the search field at the top (above all the swings).

GolfMonster2: That is very weird. You mentioned you've emailed support, which is good. You can also PM me on here if necessary.

Cardigans (and others): I have a well defined plan to fix the wiffle ball problem, but announcing an ETA is hard. The wild card is Apple authentication, which can take anywhere between 3 days and 2 weeks. I also need to test my fix before submitting. If I had to guess I'd say around 3 weeks. Btw, this update should also include some of the features asked for in Groove mode.

Imslimjim: thanks for the detailed review! I've written down your suggestions, but wanted to comment on a couple points. Completely agree that hardware build quality is a top priority. That's where we've been spending the majority of our time, and we've made a lot of progress. We have new rubber pads, which we can send to people experiencing problems with the old ones. Your "cracked clamshell" hardware breakage was due to that front screw being overtightened. This likely happened early in our production process, as we quickly put in measures to prevent it. Your best bet is to PM me your information, and I can send you a replacement part.

The earphones is a great idea. That's one piece of feedback that we hadn't thought of before release, but a few people have already mentioned. Favoriting using the volume buttons is especially clever. I'll see what I can do.

We're working on the professional sponsor swings. We have a few ideas, and SkyGolf has some great connections, so I think we'll be able to deliver well on this front. It may take some time though.

Thats strange about the occasional disconnect/reconnect. We have tested with multiple phones/devices (for example every time we QC a batch of units) but there are so many outside influences that can affect a Bluetooth link. Does it reconnect right away? We tried to minimized the inconvenience when this happens (auto-reconnect, assuming the last calibration, etc.)

Finally, we actually define half-back and half-down as when your club becomes parallel to the ground during the backswing/downswing respectively.

Kyle: I hope and expect it will be less than a year or two! We are looking into other parameters, and will release them when we're comfortable they'll be accurate.

Hope that helps!

Gord
[/quote]

Gord - much thanks for the quick reply. The build quality was something I figured that you guys were addressing and look forward to the improvements. I'll send you a PM.

Hopefully you can integrate some of those headphone features and the one I especially look forward to is differentiated tones based on proper/improper swing mechanics (during swing mode). On the bluetooth disconnect/reconnect issue sometimes I would hear it immediately reconnect and swings worked successfully, other times i would hear the reconnect sound but it didnt register subsequent swings. When that happened I did a combination of either recalibrating my club, closing and relaunching the app, or manually turning off/on bluetooth and relaunching - all with varying degrees of success. Sounds worse than it is but out of my entire range sessions dealing with these issues only took 10% of time away from my session.

Regards,
James

[quote name='ncosper' timestamp='1368638276' post='7041250']
[quote name='SunkTheBirdie' timestamp='1368634245' post='7040778']
[quote name='ncosper' timestamp='1368550653' post='7033402']
This thing is really getting some bad reviews. I purchased one based off the technology it represents alone.
I used it yesterday for the first time and I was extremely impressed with the results. The app is great, the device seems ok, no problems.
More than anything [color=#FF0000][b]I identified things in my swing that I never knew were there[/b][/color]. They've caused problems for ever and I just never knew they were present. One 150 ball range session with this device and I was hitting dramatically more pure, straight, and better trajectory shots. Things were way more consistent.
If the devices holds up I honestly can't see this not dramatically improving my game.
[/quote]

You identified and fixed what ?
Your post has alot of hype and no tangible information.
[/quote]

I identified swinging way past parallel. People used to tell me I swung extremely hard and it never felt like it was past parallel. I also learned that shortening my swing to parallel did not reduce club head speed. In turn it dramatically increased ball striking. Using groove mode showed me and gave a great feel to the new position I need to take my backswing to. I actually can't see another good way to make such a dramatic correction in such a short time.
I've also learned my club head angle is too steep in my backswing along with a flat takeaway. All things you just can't feel. I haven't remedied the later few yet and may not since my impact angles are pretty good but those are nice to know and have especially to have a mimic-able swing that is good when the swing starts feeling off.
[/quote]

Just curious but can you set the 'limits' yourself? For example, if you want to swing it shorter, say 3/4, can you set the groove mode to indicate when you have reached 3/4 (or a point that you identify)? Or does it only allow you to get in a small area around parallel?

[quote name='PJ72' timestamp='1369242548' post='7085970']
[quote name='ncosper' timestamp='1368638276' post='7041250']
[quote name='SunkTheBirdie' timestamp='1368634245' post='7040778']
[quote name='ncosper' timestamp='1368550653' post='7033402']
This thing is really getting some bad reviews. I purchased one based off the technology it represents alone.
I used it yesterday for the first time and I was extremely impressed with the results. The app is great, the device seems ok, no problems.
More than anything [color=#FF0000][b]I identified things in my swing that I never knew were there[/b][/color]. They've caused problems for ever and I just never knew they were present. One 150 ball range session with this device and I was hitting dramatically more pure, straight, and better trajectory shots. Things were way more consistent.
If the devices holds up I honestly can't see this not dramatically improving my game.
[/quote]

You identified and fixed what ?
Your post has alot of hype and no tangible information.
[/quote]

I identified swinging way past parallel. People used to tell me I swung extremely hard and it never felt like it was past parallel. I also learned that shortening my swing to parallel did not reduce club head speed. In turn it dramatically increased ball striking. Using groove mode showed me and gave a great feel to the new position I need to take my backswing to. I actually can't see another good way to make such a dramatic correction in such a short time.
I've also learned my club head angle is too steep in my backswing along with a flat takeaway. All things you just can't feel. I haven't remedied the later few yet and may not since my impact angles are pretty good but those are nice to know and have especially to have a mimic-able swing that is good when the swing starts feeling off.
[/quote]

Just curious but can you set the 'limits' yourself? For example, if you want to swing it shorter, say 3/4, can you set the groove mode to indicate when you have reached 3/4 (or a point that you identify)? Or does it only allow you to get in a small area around parallel?
[/quote]

Here's what I do: For example say I want to work on a 3/4 backswing. Put it into "Swing" mode. And purposefully swing trying to achieve a 3/4 swing. Look at the result Swing Mode shows. Repeat until you get a perfect 3/4 backswing. It never feels like it actaully does. When you get a good swing, mark it as a favorite. The go into "Groove" mode->Backswing length, and choose the swing you just marked as a favorite as your target. Groove away unitl you get better at meeting the target. This is extremely helpful.

I understand people want to put in numbers manually to target in Groove, and that's a good idea. But you still have to perform the swing and feel it to hit the groove-target. So swinging to set a groove-target is just as good, because you force yourself to know how it feels. Now repeat it in groove mode.

[quote name='Pat L' timestamp='1369183944' post='7080826']
Has anyone else noticed that you can force the play arrow further to the right and see impact and the beginning of ball flight? If you look at it from and overhead view you can see if the ball went left or right. The next time I'm out with it I want to pay attention to it to see how accurate it is at indicating slices or hooks.
[/quote]

Cool, did not know that.

I'm on the fence about keeping my device but I"m leaning towards keeping it mainly because Gord has been so responsive and shown real interest in feedback on how to make it better.

you have answered all my questions and thanks very much for doing so, but can i just say how refreshing it is to be dealing with an actually representative of the company that is here to answer all questions of the WRX's. i know we only represent a small amount of the golf community, but would be by far the most selective/demanding you would be dealing with. so thank you [color=#282828][size=4]Gord for taking your time to answer all our questions, i will be buying this product not only based on its great technology but because of the great after purchase support. many companies could learn from your example.[/size][/color]

[color=#282828][size=4]cheers, kyle[/size][/color]

[quote name='GolfMonster2' timestamp='1369014090' post='7066276']
SkyPro delivery arrived today but the unit had been removed from the box. Courier seal intact but SkyPro box seal broken. Have emailed support. Will re-post if I don't get a satisfactory response.
[/quote]

Despite the courier box being sealed, SkyGolf are refusing to take responsibility for the shypro not being in the box. Seems like it had just been removed from the box (or never made it in) at their end. Don't know why a delivery employee would steal the unit and leave the charger in the box when it is useless without the charger.

Not happy with SkyPro particularly given I've been a subscriber for several years.