SkyPro - really impressive

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='jnradioactive' timestamp='1372103241' post='7315016']
has anyone used SkyPro and SwingSmart who can compare the two. SwingSmart is more expensiver ($250) but has gotten some good reviews but the graphics don't look nearly as good...
[/quote]

I had 2 Swingsmarts, both broke. The rep promised to send me a replacement and never did. I was lucky I got my money back. Shady company and terrible product. Go with SkyPro.

[quote name='Stryker' timestamp='1372103970' post='7315088']
has anyone used SkyPro and SwingSmart who can compare the two. SwingSmart is more expensiver ($250) but has gotten some good reviews but the graphics don't look nearly as good...
[/quote]

I had 2 Swingsmarts, both broke. The rep promised to send me a replacement and never did. I was lucky I got my money back. Shady company and terrible product. Go with SkyPro.
[/quote]

Thanks for the heads up, i will say on paper at least SwingSmart had some good ideas, I liked the idea of the the device separating from the "adapter plate" and being able to switch between clubs just by sliding the device on and off the adapters without have to undo everything...

[quote name='SF15' timestamp='1372128748' post='7317940']
Do swings register with foam practice balls? Have these yellow foam balls with cores like [url="http://www.golftrainingaids.com/Short-Flyte-Balls/productinfo/SHOR/"]these[/url]. Looking to use the SkyPro or other swing analyzer for indoor sessions.
[/quote]

Yes. It has an Indoor Swing support in the software that makes the impact a little more sensitive I believe. This was addressed in the last software update, 1.3. Maybe Gord can chime in with details about this? I can get mine to register sometimes without hitting anything but a brush against my mat. With that said I would think the soft foam balls with the small wooden core would work well. I know "almost golf" balls work fine.

Ordered mine today. Really looking forward to practicing with it and analysing the results. To hopefully take my 3 handicap down to the next level.

Titleist TS3 Drv 10.5* (playing 45")
Titleist TS2 Fwy 16.5*
Titleist TS2 Hyb 21* (playing 20*)
Titleist U510 Uty 4 iron - 22*
Titleist T100 (5 - GW 50*)
Vokey SM7 54* (14*) F grind
Vokey SM7 58* D grind
Scotty Cameron Newport 2 (2018)

[quote name='jnradioactive' timestamp='1372168359' post='7320020']
Was pretty much set on this one, until i saw the glowing review of the SwingByte 2 on the main page here yesterday... now I'm leaning that way,,,
[/quote]

No bias here. I own both, have both SB 1 & 2, and SP. I use Skypro only at this point. The form function, attachment method, software w/practice features, and accuracy of calibration wins hands down. If you get a SB, make sure you are good at lining up the device with your face angle or it will be inaccurate. Be prepared to adjust it on the shaft each swing, or to just keep on eye on it or your plane and angular data is useless. That was supposed to be fixed in SB 2. My SB 2 moves on the shaft easier than SB 1 did. It's not a bad device, okay software, just hard to trust it when it moves on the shaft or is dependent of your "eye" to line it up IMO.

Also SP will tell YOU what club you have, versus you having to tell SB what club you have. This is an added convenience and confidence of calibration.

FWIW, I also own the 3bays device which is horribly inaccurate.

Was pretty much set on this one, until i saw the glowing review of the SwingByte 2 on the main page here yesterday... now I'm leaning that way,,,

No bias here. I own both, have both SB 1 & 2, and SP. I use Skypro only at this point. The form function, attachment method, software w/practice features, and accuracy of calibration wins hands down. If you get a SB, make sure you are good at lining up the device with your face angle or it will be inaccurate. Be prepared to adjust it on the shaft each swing, or to just keep on eye on it or your plane and angular data is useless. That was supposed to be fixed in SB 2. My SB 2 moves on the shaft easier than SB 1 did. It's not a bad device, okay software, just hard to trust it when it moves on the shaft or is dependent of your "eye" to line it up IMO.

Also SP will tell YOU what club you have, versus you having to tell SB what club you have. This is an added convenience and confidence of calibration.

When did you gt the SB2? though it was just released... does it look like this?

SwingbyteDevice-300x200.jpg

Yes it does. I got mine at discount on early order as a previous customer.

Yes it does. I got mine at discount on early order as a previous customer.

Well now I'm really torn...

[quote name='Stryker' timestamp='1372103970' post='7315088']
[/quote]

[/quote]

While I never owned a Swingsmart, there is a lot to be said for a company that has deeper pockets like skypro. In reality, short of a loose connections to the shaft, the doohickies are all basically the same. It's the software that really matters and the company with a proven record to develop and grow the product wins in my book.

[quote name='SunOfGolf' timestamp='1372162876' post='7319484']
Do swings register with foam practice balls? Have these yellow foam balls with cores like [url="http://www.golftrainingaids.com/Short-Flyte-Balls/productinfo/SHOR/"]these[/url]. Looking to use the SkyPro or other swing analyzer for indoor sessions.
[/quote]

Yes. It has an Indoor Swing support in the software that makes the impact a little more sensitive I believe. This was addressed in the last software update, 1.3. Maybe Gord can chime in with details about this? I can get mine to register sometimes without hitting anything but a brush against my mat. With that said I would think the soft foam balls with the small wooden core would work well. I know "almost golf" balls work fine.
[/quote]

Thanks. Being able to register swings without hitting a ball / brushing against a mat would be my primary use case. Ideal practice would be to groove swings with pro numbers with side-by-side comparative analysis via iPad. Is there a time frame for an optimized iPad app to make use of the Retina display? The SwingByte folks have a great iPad app that incorporates video analysis--check out [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVin9kQMVlo"]3:05 of this video[/url].

[quote name='Wedgefromhere' timestamp='1372207588' post='7324328']
Hey jnradioactive - See the entry on June 10th. It's a comparison of Trackman and Swingbite. Except for swing speed, Swingbite is not very accurate.

[url="http://www.andrewricegolf.com/"]http://www.andrewricegolf.com/[/url]
[/quote]

That's the original swing byte, the swing byte 2 is supposed to address all those issues.

Read this review from GOLFWRX

http://www.golfwrx.com/108418/swingbyte-2-mobile-golf-swing-analyzer-review/

skypro is created and backed by a large company in the golf business that continues to release improvements. get the skypro

----------------
Golf Jobs
Driver: Titleist TS3 9.5 w/ Tensei Blue 55 S
3W: Titleist 915F 15 w/ Diamana D+ 80 S
3H: Titleist 915H 21 w/ Diamana D+ 90 S
Irons: 4-GW Titleist T100 w/ Project X LZ 6.0
Wedge: Vokey SM8 54.10S TC w/ Project X LZ 6.0

Wedge: Vokey SM8 60.04L TC w/ Project X LZ 6.0
Ball: 2021 Titleist ProV1

spacer.png

[quote name='SF15' timestamp='1372203185' post='7323872']
[quote name='SunOfGolf' timestamp='1372162876' post='7319484']
[/quote]

[/quote]

Thanks. Being able to register swings without hitting a ball / brushing against a mat would be my primary use case. Ideal practice would be to groove swings with pro numbers with side-by-side comparative analysis via iPad. Is there a time frame for an optimized iPad app to make use of the Retina display? The SwingByte folks have a great iPad app that incorporates video analysis--check out [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVin9kQMVlo"]3:05 of this video[/url].
[/quote]

Not sure about the timeframe for the iPad app. I also was a little concerned about this when I got it as I was a SB customer and enjoyed viewing swings on the ipad too. I tell ya the skypro iPhone app running on the IPad really isn't bad. Retina optimized or not, it's still a clear concise view of your numbers. Besides "groove" is where it's at on the Skypro and there you are mostly just listening for tones matching your feels up to proper positions. That is gold my friend. The audio feedback of groove combined with intuitive thought out check point analysis of the swing is a winning combination.

There's no doubt the guys over at Skypro are far from done optimizing and tweaking software support. They literally took suggestions and released them as new features in the first update. There's more to come for sure. The hardware is great, it's small, light, can mount it in any direction, and no on off switch to deal with. All software tweaks from here.

[quote name='golfpros1' timestamp='1372211458' post='7324776']
skypro is created and backed by a large company in the golf business that continues to release improvements. get the skypro
[/quote]

And that company was small at one point too and if everyone had this ^^^ attitude they wouldn't be a large now. If everyone did this it wold kill innovation there would be a few large companies who knew you had no choice but to buy what they have. I will always give small innovative companies a chance.

Hi everyone, on the back of this thread and the superb representation of the guys from Skypro I ordered one and have just received it... So I've been givin it a bash and I have to say that overall its a quality instrument! Will give more feedback after a decent amount of tries but so far I'm very impressed.
Quick question for anyone using one or just someone in the know but what should the ideal face angle be halfway through the downswing? The app says about 30* but I'm finding that almost impossible to get anywhere near that?

Good to join tho and thanks all who've contributed!

Well the SkyPro arrived at noon today, 2.5 hrs later to give it a full charge. I was itching to get down the practice area to give it a whirl.
One word......amazing!

Within 3 swings I was on the way to reducing my shaft lean at address with my 6 iron, immediately my ball striking improved with a much better flight.
Next on the hit list was the halfway back shaft angle, far too much on the inside. Sorted that out in a couple of swings and decided to take on my first 'groove' session, this was a great success with a 9/10 on the bronze level.
Was also having a tendency to not get in the correct halfway back face angle position, will continue to work on this tomorrow.
Now I am a 3 handicapper and have a good understanding of what the swing should be like, but I find it hard to shake hard habits.
Without doubt this investment will potentially be my best purchase in golf.
It definitely will put the fun in practice, and after 80 shots with the feedback I am already seeing the benefit.

Titleist TS3 Drv 10.5* (playing 45")
Titleist TS2 Fwy 16.5*
Titleist TS2 Hyb 21* (playing 20*)
Titleist U510 Uty 4 iron - 22*
Titleist T100 (5 - GW 50*)
Vokey SM7 54* (14*) F grind
Vokey SM7 58* D grind
Scotty Cameron Newport 2 (2018)

[quote name='chalmski' timestamp='1372279532' post='7329882']
Hi everyone, on the back of this thread and the superb representation of the guys from Skypro I ordered one and have just received it... So I've been givin it a bash and I have to say that overall its a quality instrument! Will give more feedback after a decent amount of tries but so far I'm very impressed.
Quick question for anyone using one or just someone in the know but what should the ideal face angle be halfway through the downswing? The app says about 30* but I'm finding that almost impossible to get anywhere near that?

[/quote]
Not sure, but maybe it varies some by club. What club were you using? I get about 35* with my 7-iron, but only around 15* with my driver.

[quote name='jnradioactive' timestamp='1372213464' post='7325024']
[quote name='golfpros1' timestamp='1372211458' post='7324776']
[/quote]

And that company was small at one point too and if everyone had this ^^^ attitude they wouldn't be a large now. If everyone did this it wold kill innovation there would be a few large companies who knew you had no choice but to buy what they have. I will always give small innovative companies a chance.
[/quote]

SkyPro actually was developed by a startup that was acquired by SkyGolf. Many times small company backed by large company resources leads to better product.

Thanks Chalmski and Shiney28!

Tall Texan (and others): you can get to the clubhead speed graph by tapping the drop down menu above the 3d view (where the alerts are) and then tap clubhead speed.

SF15: SunOfGolf is correct - our last update to the app changed some tolerances with swing detection to allow wiffle balls to be detected. I have the exact same foam you linked to, and they should work well.

swingnmiss: I agree with your last post :).

Gord

Just got it this afternoon at Golfsmith and trying to get my arms around it. Initial charge took longer than I expected so only had a chance to take a few swings in my backyard cage. Will spend some time tomorrow going through it in more detail...took me a while tonight to even figure out some basics. I must be the village idiot. :)

TM SIM2 9*
TM SIM2 3 and 5 woods
TM SIM2 3 hybrid
Ping i210 5-AW Modus 105 stiff
Ping Glide 2,0 wedges 54SS/58ES  - Recoil 95 F3
TM Spider Tour
TM Tour Response

[quote name='Wedgefromhere' timestamp='1372282051' post='7330150']
[quote name='chalmski' timestamp='1372279532' post='7329882']

[/quote]
Not sure, but maybe it varies some by club. What club were you using? I get about 35* with my 7-iron, but only around 15* with my driver.
[/quote]

cheers wedge - was using my 6iron but getting roughly anything from 5* open to 12* closed. I guess this is is something i need to be working on :)

very much like the whole package - the only thing i can see missing is maybe some pro/coach swings that you can compare your numbers against but that is about it.

my blutooth connection did drop off a few times during the 30 mins practice i had which required recallibration but it wasnt too much of an issue and the actual calibration process is very simple

Just came in,,,now I will test this for all of the hackers of the world.. I will be honest and fair...if not up to what I like,,,I will let you know.. Taking to course tomorrow, where 20 of my fellow hacks will be there.

Let the fun begin skypro,..don't let me down

[attachment=1753802:image.jpg]

Will review this with an open mind...