SkyPro - really impressive

Hi GIMP, I'm Gord, one of the developers of SkyPro. I'm sorry to hear about your experience with customer support. If you would like to private message me with your information, I can help make sure your return goes quickly and smoothly. Our customer support is here in the US, so I am capable of doing this. I'm also capable of effecting a change to make our service better. For example, based on user feedback, SkyGolf (SkyHawke) is now registering a second phone line so that SkyPro questions are connected directly to a few agents that have been specifically trained for SkyPro. This should help reduce the wait time for everyone.

Lefty32: I don't have a great way for you to check the units in store - but I can assure you that if you do get one that breaks, I'll make sure it is replaced. Alternately you can order online from SkyGolf: [url="http://shop.skygolf.com/p-868-skypro.aspx"]http://shop.skygolf.com/p-868-skypro.aspx[/url]. Either way, you'll get our full support.

Gord

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For those that practice often (I know CP probably hits more than I do, and quite a few others, for reference i hit about 720 nine iron shots in the last 3 days)......

Do you feel like the shot outcome represents the club path, face angle, shaft lean, etc....?

And regarding the backswing (inside/out), and face angle at half.... Is this fairly accurate? And when you adjusted a position in your backswing did it actually pick up the change?

SkyPro seems really attractive for no other reason than evaluating your backswing positions without the eyes of a full time coach (cause I sure can't afford it). As that's pretty much all I've beem working on. Would be great to see a visual reference in seconds to confirm what you feel in the backswing.

Doubt ruins more dreams than failure
ever will - someone on the internet

[quote name='"GIMP"' timestamp='1372731715' post='7367762']
SunofGold: glad you got the answer. Skyhawke is the parent company name.
I apologize to the forum, but I do not want to let this service issue just die. The support service line is very slow in responding. Anyone telling me different is a shill of the company. I have called numerous time and get the same message on the phone line greeting. Completely bogus. I have used the chat line. This is a joke. Located somewhere offshore. India or the Phillipines and they know very little or nothing about what is being requested...except for simple stuff like how to turn it on.

I do not want to start a shouting match with anyone...and will not...but do not try and make silk out of the old sows ear!!!
[/quote]

While I agree with most of your concerns about SkyHawke/SkyGolf as a whole, and the horrible online foreign chat support, please be advised that Gord and his SkyPro team operate very differently.. They are responsive, honest, sincere, and truly interested in getting everything right, and are incorporating our input and feedback into making the hardware and the app the best that it can be. I trust them. I can't say the same thing about SkyHawke/SkyGolf. I swore I would never buy another SkyGolf product, after 3 years of broken promises from SkyGolf over the SGX. However, based solely upon Gord's responsiveness on this forum, I bought a SkyPro, knowing it is a work in progress, but also knowing I could help guide the development of the product and the app. Gord and his SkyPro team are committed to us! If you have any problems that are not otherwise resolved to your satisfaction, PM Gord directly through this forum, and I am confident he will do everything within his power to make it right, and see to it that you are taken care of, so you, too, can help him make SkyPro the best swing trainer, and then keep on improving on it, so it stays the best swing trainer! Anyone with hardware issues from early units should have them taken care of. I did, and the repair kit I received has resolved my issue for now, with a promise I can trust, that any additional hardware issues will be also taken care of. All future feature enhancements will be in the app and won't need new hardware. App updates can be posted as soon as the App Store releases them. We shouldn't need a SkyPro 2. Gord intends the SkyPro to be made right the first time and has taken appropriate timely action to ensure that! All feedback from the early hardware failures has been used to eliminate future hardware problems, and those users with hardware failures are being taken care of properly through Gord. Now that the hardware is robust, the app development can flourish with our input. Don't let your prior experience with SkyGolf stand in the way of trusting Gord and his team. He operates like SkyGolf used to, back when they created the first non-conforming golf GPS's and finally got it right with the venerable SG2 and changed the game of golf for amateurs. The SG2 is still the best SkyCaddie SkyGolf ever made, and mine is still working on its original battery! Gord is here to create the best swing trainer for us! Give give him the benefit of the doubt. He earns it daily!

[quote name='Golf_Nerd' timestamp='1372746970' post='7368974']
I apologize to the forum, but I do not want to let this service issue just die. The support service line is very slow in responding. Anyone telling me different is a shill of the company. I have called numerous time and get the same message on the phone line greeting. Completely bogus. I have used the chat line. This is a joke. Located somewhere offshore. India or the Phillipines and they know very little or nothing about what is being requested...except for simple stuff like how to turn it on.

I do not want to start a shouting match with anyone...and will not...but do not try and make silk out of the old sows ear!!!
[/quote]

While I agree with most of your concerns about SkyHawke/SkyGolf as a whole, and the horrible online foreign chat support, please be advised that Gord and his SkyPro team operate very differently.. They are responsive, honest, sincere, and truly interested in getting everything right, and are incorporating our input and feedback into making the hardware and the app the best that it can be. I trust them. I can't say the same thing about SkyHawke/SkyGolf. I swore I would never buy another SkyGolf product, after 3 years of broken promises from SkyGolf over the SGX. However, based solely upon Gord's responsiveness on this forum, I bought a SkyPro, knowing it is a work in progress, but also knowing I could help guide the development of the product and the app. Gord and his SkyPro team are committed to us! If you have any problems that are not otherwise resolved to your satisfaction, PM Gord directly through this forum, and I am confident he will do everything within his power to make it right, and see to it that you are taken care of, so you, too, can help him make SkyPro the best swing trainer, and then keep on improving on it, so it stays the best swing trainer! Anyone with hardware issues from early units should have them taken care of. I did, and the repair kit I received has resolved my issue for now, with a promise I can trust, that any additional hardware issues will be also taken care of. All future feature enhancements will be in the app and won't need new hardware. App updates can be posted as soon as the App Store releases them. We shouldn't need a SkyPro 2. Gord intends the SkyPro to be made right the first time and has taken appropriate timely action to ensure that! All feedback from the early hardware failures has been used to eliminate future hardware problems, and those users with hardware failures are being taken care of properly through Gord. Now that the hardware is robust, the app development can flourish with our input. Don't let your prior experience with SkyGolf stand in the way of trusting Gord and his team. He operates like SkyGolf used to, back when they created the first non-conforming golf GPS's and finally got it right with the venerable SG2 and changed the game of golf for amateurs. The SG2 is still the best SkyCaddie SkyGolf ever made, and mine is still working on its original battery! Gord is here to create the best swing trainer for us! Give give him the benefit of the doubt. He earns it daily!
[/quote]

That's the most disingenuous bunch of pablum I've ever read on this forum.

A poster who's been here for 4 weeks, with 5 posts to his credit [color=#0000ff](all related to SkyPro)[/color], is now an expert on what his buddy "Gord" is doing and how conscientious the SkyHawke team is?

I've dealt with Gord and he's a decent guy and seems to be working hard ... that said, it took me almost 2 weeks and at least 6 phone calls to get my defective SkyPro replaced.

Posts like yours do more to harm a company's reputation, than to help ... especially when read by someone with 1/2 a brain, like most of the posters on this forum.

[size=4][color=#0000FF]How do you spell S P A M ?[/color][/size]

(& btw, the SkyPro Software is strictly amateur hour and they should scrap it and start over.)

[quote name='BrianL99' timestamp='1372759536' post='7369206']

[/quote]

[/quote]

A poster who's been here for 4 weeks, with 5 posts to his credit [color=#0000ff](all related to SkyPro)[/color], is now an expert on what his buddy "Gord" is doing and how conscientious the SkyHawke team is?

I've dealt with Gord and he's a decent guy and seems to be working hard ... that said, it took me almost 2 weeks and at least 6 phone calls to get my defective SkyPro replaced.

Posts like yours do more to harm a company's reputation, than to help ... especially when read by someone with 1/2 a brain, like most of the posters on this forum.

[size=4][color=#0000ff]How do you spell S P A M ?[/color][/size]

(& btw, the SkyPro Software is strictly amateur hour and they should scrap it and start over.)
[/quote]

It seems as though you're in the very, very small minority. Please don't post your "S P A M" here anymore.

Brian. Careful , your tinfoil hat is showing. You are right, post count should matter. Since you have 1000's of post, we should assume your swing is perfect right? So you shouldn't even need SkyPro, as you've been here for years tossing it around... Since you have so many posts and you swing so good, why did you even buy a device for low post amateurs? In fact you are such a Golf Nut, you probably just got off tour right? I mean you have posted 1000's of times. And don't worry, we've got what topics you have posted about analyzed, so it's clear what your intentions are.

Conspiracy much? Hahaha. Too funny.

Btw, the moon landing was staged.....

[quote name='Wedgefromhere' timestamp='1372764044' post='7369358']

[color=#0000ff]How do you spell S P A M ?[/color]

[/quote]

[b]It seems as though you're in the very, very small minority[/b]. Please don't post your "S P A M" here anymore.
[/quote]

No he's not

[/quote]

[/quote]

[size=4][color=#0000FF]How do you spell S P A M ?[/color][/size]

[/quote]

<------Post count

I had a defective unit. Took me one phone call and received a new unit in 3 days.. Had no issues with support what-so-ever.

What a hoot. Conspiracy theories about posters motives stated as fact with a hint of arrogance. Sounds like country-club-Jaguar-driver-whining to me.

Here's my facts (because I know I've been lumped into a "group" by BrianL99 - based on post count and topics): Skypro gave me issues on the first week, plastic broke (see my post condemning Skypro - haha) Guess what? That was one of my first posts! The founder (Gord) got in touch and helped me with a replacement immediately. The fact is, the hardware and software work great together. They had a bad batch of plastic on the initial run (it happens). They are replacing defective units (plenty of examples on this thread). The replacement units indeed are much stronger and hold up. They have been on the forums taking suggestions for further software tweaks, and have implemented them (poster's ideas). The sensor actually grips the club shaft and doesn't move (imagine that), and you don't have to line it up with your "eye". The calibration method is clever and accurate. The software actually works very well (regardless of BrianL99's claims), and has helped fix a number of posters swing faults. Some of us who came from the "other side", or had experience with other products, are in fact delighted to find one that actually works and is a benefit to your swing besides being a novelty because of inaccuracy.

How would users rate the Tempo feature? If a player was trying to work on tempo drills, etc how would this tool rate?

King LTD Black CK Tensei Blue S 44”
Titleist 915f 15deg 3w Diamana 70g blue
Cobra King Forged CB ‘19 5-PW UST Recoil 95 F4
Callaway Steelhead XR Pro 4i Project X Catalyst 80
Cobra F6 Baffler Rogue Black 70
Ping Glide 2.0  Stealth 50, 54, 58 SS
Kenny Giannini G6

[quote name='firstbatch' timestamp='1372779081' post='7371006']
How would users rate the Tempo feature? If a player was trying to work on tempo drills, etc how would this tool rate?
[/quote]

Me personally, I would rate it as accurate and great for drills. I say that because you can use the Groove feature to make a game out of targeting a Tempo you desire so you get the rhythm and feel down to achieve the Tempo you want. I believe the Tempo measurement itself is very accurate based on my tests. I have used it in conjunction with the Tour Tempo App (awesome app too-and they work well together), and found when I nail a 27-9 Tempo with TourTempo, the Skypro measurement was exactly 3:1. Good enough for me! Hope this helps.

[quote name='SunOfGolf' timestamp='1372782663' post='7371466']
[quote name='firstbatch' timestamp='1372779081' post='7371006']
[/quote]

Me personally, I would rate it as accurate and great for drills. I say that because you can use the Groove feature to make a game out of targeting a Tempo you desire so you get the rhythm and feel down to achieve the Tempo you want. I believe the Tempo measurement itself is very accurate based on my tests. I have used it in conjunction with the Tour Tempo App (awesome app too-and they work well together), and found when I nail a 27-9 Tempo with TourTempo, the Skypro measurement was exactly 3:1. Good enough for me! Hope this helps.
[/quote]

I don't have skypro but do use the Tour Tempo and it is great. and yes that 3:1 tempo is what you need, I would get the tour tempo app if you want to really dial in perfect tempo

Good afternoon everyone,

My name is Adam - I am another developer on the SkyPro product, and work with Gord. Let me begin by thanking everyone on here for providing us all of the incredibly valuable feedback on their experiences with SkyPro. Your comments have been instrumental in our ongoing development of the product. We are really excited to bring you a better SkyPro experience every day.

I wanted to provide some insight on one major topic this afternoon; the plastic breakages some of you have been experiencing with SkyPro. Gord has spoken on this briefly, but I wanted to dive in just a bit deeper to help you understand what’s happening on our end for this. And furthermore, what we are doing to make sure this issue is fixed.

Seeing these breakages is very upsetting for us, but I am really happy with the updates on this new hardware. I sincerely apologize to anyone this has caused troubles for. I want to make sure we do everything possible to make things right for you, and get you back Grooving asap.

I hope this helps to provide some insight in to the importance of this matter on our end. If you experience any of these breakages please either message Gord or I, and we will make sure to take care of you straight away.

Thank you again to everyone here that has provided their feedback. Based on your input, we hope to have some new stuff coming out really soon!

If you have any further questions, I would be glad to answer them on here.

Thanks,

-adam

Just got my skypro today here is the barcode label, is this one already got hardware update? if not what should i do to try upgrade it or prevent it from cracking.. should i tape them?

20130703_161035_resized_zps7fde4d04.jpg

So far, I notice that skypro works better on my new iPod vs iPad 4. Easier to use on the range...not as bulky carrying that iPad here and there. When I'm complete I can just email my swings over to the iPad and review at home.. I love having iPod in my pocket or laying on golf bag.. So much easier to carry around.. And the new iPad really has heating issues when taken outdoors during the summer months. I haven't used the new iPad much in outdoors.. But I now see why people complain about the over heating issues they have. Maybe new iPad 5 will correct this... What I read huge changes ahead for upcoming model

Good afternoon everyone,

My name is Adam - I am another developer on the SkyPro product, and work with Gord. Let me begin by thanking everyone on here for providing us all of the incredibly valuable feedback on their experiences with SkyPro. Your comments have been instrumental in our ongoing development of the product. We are really excited to bring you a better SkyPro experience every day.

I wanted to provide some insight on one major topic this afternoon; the plastic breakages some of you have been experiencing with SkyPro. Gord has spoken on this briefly, but I wanted to dive in just a bit deeper to help you understand what’s happening on our end for this. And furthermore, what we are doing to make sure this issue is fixed.

Seeing these breakages is very upsetting for us, but I am really happy with the updates on this new hardware. I sincerely apologize to anyone this has caused troubles for. I want to make sure we do everything possible to make things right for you, and get you back Grooving asap.

I hope this helps to provide some insight in to the importance of this matter on our end. If you experience any of these breakages please either message Gord or I, and we will make sure to take care of you straight away.

Thank you again to everyone here that has provided their feedback. Based on your input, we hope to have some new stuff coming out really soon!

If you have any further questions, I would be glad to answer them on here.

Thanks,

-adam

Just got my skypro today here is the barcode label, is this one already got hardware update? if not what should i do to try upgrade it or prevent it from cracking.. should i tape them?

20130703_161035_resized_zps7fde4d04.jpg

"Men's Swing Aid"... Sounds dirty...

For anyone still on the fence about which one to buy (myself included) MGS will be putting out a buyers guide/ review of the devices from all the players in this field (Skypro, Swingbyte, swingsmart, 3bays etc...) next week... July 8th.

Interestingly they say the only manufacturer who would not supply a device for the review was Skypro, so they bought one themselves. Should be interesting review.

[quote name='Citronbull' timestamp='1372831844' post='7378694']
When is this coming out for Android? 70% of all smartphones sold are Android, you will be getting a lot more customers. It really isn't hard to find an Android developer.
[/quote]

And I thought I was imagining things! Seems like everyone I know has some type of samsung lately! Wish they would develope this for Android.....even though no one answered my question.

Doubt ruins more dreams than failure
ever will - someone on the internet

[quote name='Chris Peterich' timestamp='1372845247' post='7379016']
So far, I notice that skypro works better on my new iPod vs iPad 4. Easier to use on the range...not as bulky carrying that iPad here and there. When I'm complete I can just email my swings over to the iPad and review at home.. I love having iPod in my pocket or laying on golf bag.. So much easier to carry around.. And the new iPad really has heating issues when taken outdoors during the summer months. I haven't used the new iPad much in outdoors.. But I now see why people complain about the over heating issues they have. Maybe new iPad 5 will correct this... What I read huge changes ahead for upcoming model
[/quote]

What version ipod do you have? I have the 4th gen and thought someone mentioned it may not have the processor power to run smoothly.

[quote name='JasonFL' timestamp='1372856306' post='7379560']
When is this coming out for Android? 70% of all smartphones sold are Android, you will be getting a lot more customers. It really isn't hard to find an Android developer.
[/quote]

And I thought I was imagining things! Seems like everyone I know has some type of samsung lately! Wish they would develope this for Android.....even though no one answered my question.
[/quote]

Easy to search this thread, answered straight from the horse's mouth.

[quote name='swingnmiss' timestamp='1372861220' post='7380142']
[quote name='JasonFL' timestamp='1372856306' post='7379560']
[/quote]

[/quote]

Easy to search this thread, answered straight from the horse's mouth.
[/quote]

If you call "were working on it but no date when it will be availabe" an answer they yes it was "answered"

For those of you holding your breath on an Android version, in my own experience, the Android versions of any iPhone/iPad app rarely are as good as the iPhone/iPad version. The Android versions usually are a dumbed down version, missing many of the capabilities of the iPhone/iPad app, and are never quite as slick or as user friendly. There is no single Android standard, like there is for iPhone/iPad, so when an Android version is available, it still may not run on YOUR Android device, or with all the functionality. I say this coming from a Windows PC, and a Samsung Note 2 smartphone, after having also purchased an iPad last year. All my Android apps which have iPhone/iPad app versions are all so much better on an iPad. They work the way I WANTED the Android versions to work. I am using my SwingPro on my iPad with the iPhone app, and it works great, and the 4x larger screen over the iPhone makes the display very easy to read! Consider getting a cellular version of the iPad, without a data plan, if you want the built-in GPS chip for navigation or golf GPS apps like GolfLogix. There is no GPS in a WiFi only iPad. Personally, I have one of each. I like the iPad so much I had to buy a second one!

So, if you have an Android phone, and want to know what you are missing, just get an iPad without a data contract, to supplement your Android phone, and you'll never look back!

[quote name='Star Mason' timestamp='1372861126' post='7380122']
[quote name='Chris Peterich' timestamp='1372845247' post='7379016']
[/quote]

What version ipod do you have? I have the 4th gen and thought someone mentioned it may not have the processor power to run smoothly.
[/quote]

Newest ipod,,,super smooth

I am switching over from skypro to swingbyte 2
Just personal choice.
I used skypro for a couple of thousand swings and found it would have to be recalibrated more than it should
Sometimes no problem...sometimes yes
I did not like that there was no library and I thought they had it backwards
I only want to save a few
With skypro I had to delete all the swings that did not matter to me.why not just SAVE the few that you want to save
I usually had one alert...coming inside.no matter what I did, it did not change unless I manipulated my swing outside in unnatural fashion
I believe it has to do with my face of club open a touch since I swing with a little draw
All other pieces if info were steady and not in need of concern
No putter as of yet
Customer service was limited at best.l.felt I knew more than people I was communicating with
I also like the idea that Swingbyte2 permits you to video your swing and put it side by side with your swing diagram
In defense of skypro I had 2 friends with very good swings and they had no alerts and skypro made them look good
This wave of info will or should help golfers so that hitting golf balls will be more than just exercise
I could not get any value from skypro but that may be my problem, my swing. I do not think all golfers swing straight back and face not square(?) at address may be my issue
Club face angle at impact was another thing not available with skypro but all of them will be making updates on their apps
Good luck on your search
In my case, I go inside 16 degrees on 7 iron and over the top but still inside at 4 degrees.

[quote name='Chris Peterich' timestamp='1372904504' post='7385094']
A little concerned...showed swing speed today at 106 to 107 mphs..but still only flew to center of 255 yard green,, I think with that speed should be to the back of the range... But still good Info. ...OTT steep today..so that was spot on
[/quote]

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/64715/carry-distance-vs-swing-speed-chart/"]http://www.golfwrx.com/64715/carry-distance-vs-swing-speed-chart/[/url]

106 swing speed correlates with exactly 255 yard carry

[quote name='s34nsm411' timestamp='1372920242' post='7386252']
[quote name='Chris Peterich' timestamp='1372904504' post='7385094']
A little concerned...showed swing speed today at 106 to 107 mphs..but still only flew to center of 255 yard green,, I think with that speed should be to the back of the range... But still good Info. ...OTT steep today..so that was spot on
[/quote]

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/64715/carry-distance-vs-swing-speed-chart/"]http://www.golfwrx.com/64715/carry-distance-vs-swing-speed-chart/[/url]

106 swing speed correlates with exactly 255 yard carry
[/quote]

Thanks for posting,..but still unsure about these numbers,,,

Matt Kuchar is at these numbers...and that guy is very long.. He is always just shy of 300ish