2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

A journey to Making Golf Fun

[quote name='sblack5' timestamp='1367986338' post='6990008']
looking real good!!!
[/quote]

Thanks man,, I love divots are getting shallow and longer.. No deep gouges you can trip in. I'm going to work on foundation real hard next, trying not to have right hip go forward towards ball during backswing. I'm thinking a barstool..or stand next to a wall to do this..but really where I place my weight in the bottom of my foot and maintaining it might do the trick. Even practice with a ball under my right and left foot toes, so I can't go forward .

I'm not trying to over analyze, just how I like to do things I guess.
cp

• Replies 817
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In reality..this is the model I'm copying... My own practice swing, it is so damn perfect. I would take this motion with a ball any day over any swing in the world. So if I had a model to copy, it would be me.. And my practice swing. What Dan I showing me in his vid reviews, is what I do without a ball there. A little piece here or there is getting me closer to replicating my practice swing with a ball there.

Just copying me..not hogan/ Nicklaus/ Snead,.. Just good ole me. No copy right issues either :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KORF_GiTN-c

I have heard from other "instructors" that the practice swing doesn't count ..no ball there. That is complete BS...BS I will say again. It does count, it is your " natural motion". Just need to find a way to apply it with a golf ball there...that is why I started this "making golf fun" threads back in December. I saw something in my 1000 videos, it was my practice swing..so darn perfect. I see in your guys motions too..the beautiful practice swing. We have it,,we all do..just a matter of channeling it into the ball. I think this is what Dan is doing..it is getting me closer. When I put my swings up in my coach eye app, I'm compare my full swing to my practice swing... So weird, I have it...I have it..but I am slowly working this motion over into my full swings with a ball. It is happening

Practice swing doesn't count....BS... What a BS cop out response

We all have it.. Just need to find a way to apply it to the ball

Practice swing doesn't count BS

My thoughts

Cp

[quote name='scratch72 ' timestamp='1367969588' post='6988288']
[quote name='sblack5' timestamp='1367968420' post='6988200']
no...he isn't. and yes....his video advise is extremely helpful
[/quote] I thought he was S&T when he was here in California, guess he droped that. I wondered why he was talking about keeping arms in front of body when S&T wants them to come inside. On Jim Waldons thread he doesnt sound like S&T either but his videos on youtube shows him swinging S&T. Its a little confusing.
[/quote]

That's not Jim Waldron. Jw is an old man. That's a different Jim Waldron with omg lag.

[quote name='PingG10guy' timestamp='1368026984' post='6992094']
[quote name='scratch72 ' timestamp='1367969588' post='6988288']
[quote name='sblack5' timestamp='1367968420' post='6988200']
no...he isn't. and yes....his video advise is extremely helpful
[/quote] I thought he was S&T when he was here in California, guess he droped that. I wondered why he was talking about keeping arms in front of body when S&T wants them to come inside. On Jim Waldons thread he doesnt sound like S&T either but his videos on youtube shows him swinging S&T. Its a little confusing.
[/quote]

That's not Jim Waldron. Jw is an old man. That's a different Jim Waldron with omg lag.
[/quote]

lol yeah I googled JW and saw those vids. I was like damn Mr. Waldron can pound it!

Looking better CP, keep it up.

[quote name='tylerdurden' timestamp='1368029126' post='6992440']

[/quote]

Old might be a bit harsh. Maybe wise experienced or matured?
[/quote]

I think Yoda was like, what - 1,000 years old? And I have more lag than Yoda, but less than the younger Jim Waldron on Youtube who really does "pound it".

61 is old? "That's like, just your opinion, man..." And how many 61 year olds get that movie reference?

[quote name='Jim Waldron' timestamp='1368029641' post='6992520']

[/quote]

[/quote]

I think Yoda was like, what - 1,000 years old? And I have more lag than Yoda, but less than the younger Jim Waldron on Youtube who really does "pound it".

61 is old? "That's like, just your opinion, man..." And how many 61 year olds get that movie reference?
[/quote]

Haha awesome

Well today was strictly lower body foundation..yesterday was arm extended ..keeping right arm bent longer..etc. I'm breaking this up in sections. Separating lower body from arms..than I'm hoping after a few weeks or so..they will both match up. Anyway, good foundation today. Felt weight remained in the middle of the foot for the whole swing..nada bad goat hump today. And I think I was still on plane..but more concerned about lower body foundation

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwmSqJlq8QU

Ps.. I got to dump that hat, makes me look like I'm 90 years old..or like I work at the carnival. :)
good day though

Cp

[/quote]

[/quote]

Older than the jw on YouTube is what I meant lol. He said in another thread that he studied Hogan for 20-something years so I was wondering how old you have to be to "study Hogan" after I saw those swings. Then I realized

But yeah cp. Looking better.

[quote name='Chris Peterich' timestamp='1368034088' post='6993054']
Well today was strictly lower body foundation..yesterday was arm extended ..keeping right arm bent longer..etc. I'm breaking this up in sections. Separating lower body from arms..than I'm hoping after a few weeks or so..they will both match up. Anyway, good foundation today. Felt weight remained in the middle of the foot for the whole swing..nada bad goat hump today. And I think I was still on plane..but more concerned about lower body foundation
[/quote]

Sorry but I don't see it myself - now it seems you're just making up your own ideas.

[b]You had a video from Dan that said you were moving away from the tush-line on your backswing because your left hip was working out to the ball in your backswing rather than your right hip turning behind you[/b] - it looks to me like you're still doing [b]exactly[/b] what Dan pointed out to you to try and fix. Your butt comes off the tush-line in your backswing.... listen to Dan, fix that and THEN worry about 'keeping your right arm bent longer' or whatever other piece it is you think you need.

Don't see the point in lessons if your not going to address the problems being pointed out to you by (according to GolfWRX'ers) one of the best instructors in the country.

Sorry for the 'soap-box' but I'm clearly not seeing what what it is you're trying to tell everyone else. You already complained about having poor instruction in the past.... but all instruction is poor if you don't follow it!!

I like this feed back happy..actually I appreciate it. Honesty is what I'm after.. I do agree, I just felt so stable today..I felt 0 lower body bouncing out towards the ball. But the camera doesn't lie.. You are right, I'm going to just focus on the lower body.,this may take me a long time..and possibly could fix my whole approach once corrected. For me, just minor improvements either in feel or in camera view are positives. I FELT so stable today..but I know feels are like water and vinegar..they don't mix,

Thanks for putting me on track,,

Cp

Not waterproof golf shoes.. I have croc golf shoes..( 3 different colors actually ).. :). They are so comfortable..I wear them everywhere I golf...No matter where.... Either. .. a $ 10 dollar a round course all the way up to $ 350 a round. Care less what the pro shop says, if I want to wear them,,than damnt I'm going to wear them. If they hate them, i want to see the pro try to take them off of me., How you like that attitude? Hahahah

Cp

I have to say iteach has made an impact already on my golf game with just one lesson on swingfix. Last Thursday I sent in a video and within 24 hours he gave me drills to work on and input. I am about a 5 handicap playing for just a little more than 2 years.

After doing the drill which he told me to do for 3 days straight I went and played and shot my lowest round of golf a 69 on a par 71. I hit more fairways and greens. My putting was spot on.

I don't know why, but I am feeling way more confident. It could possibly be just because I used dan for a lesson.

I even putted a ton better on my round.

I took more video last night on 4 shots that were dead straight and I can still tell my swing is a little steep, but it will keep getting better.

Going for lesson two tomorrow.

I forgot to mention dan, gets back to you quickly as well. Really fast whenever I asked a ? About my swing.

This is harder than I thought...my body wants to go towards the ball each time. :(. I tried the alignment stick ( filmed) tried a chair/ wall/ and golf bag... Will continue on, this is one of those hurdles I have to jump before I can continue...besides that swing is getting better
[attachment=1675038:image.jpg]. Address vs top of swing ( better)
[attachment=1675038:image.jpg]. Transition to impact ( needs work)

Cp

[quote name='Chris Peterich' timestamp='1368071957' post='6997030']
I like this feed back happy..actually I appreciate it. Honesty is what I'm after.. I do agree, I just felt so stable today..I felt 0 lower body bouncing out towards the ball. But the camera doesn't lie.. You are right, I'm going to just focus on the lower body.,this may take me a long time..and possibly could fix my whole approach once corrected.
[/quote]

Good man! :good:

Sorry for the 'rant', I just had one of 'those moments'...... :blush2:

.......you just needed your a** kicked :cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

To my uneducated eyes, I think the small amount that you have moved at the top of the backswing is not going to be a big deal now, as I think the reason you need to stay closer to the line at the top is to have more room to swing, which you do at that moment. The "goat hump" occurs I think because you are still steep, and if you didn't move closer you would miss the ball. I may be completely wrong and Dan will I am sure be more specific and more correct on your next lesson. Just my thoughts though, I think the hips moving toward the ball are probably a result not a culprit?

Ping G430 Max 9* Fujikura Ventus Velocore Blue 6X
Ping G425 Max 14.5 Alta CB 65S
Callaway Rogue ST Max 18* Tensei Blue 75S

PXG 0211 XCOR2 5-GW
Titleist SM9  52*F 56*D and 60*D
L.A.B. Link1/Scotty Newport
Srixon Z Star XV

[quote name='Hstead' timestamp='1368189981' post='7004898']
To my uneducated eyes, I think the small amount that you have moved at the top of the backswing is not going to be a big deal now, as I think the reason you need to stay closer to the line at the top is to have more room to swing, which you do at that moment. The "goat hump" occurs I think because you are still steep, and if you didn't move closer you would miss the ball. I may be completely wrong and Dan will I am sure be more specific and more correct on your next lesson. Just my thoughts though, I think the hips moving toward the ball are probably a result not a culprit?
[/quote]

When I play golf ..I just play..but still apply this as best as I can. On the range, this stuff kicks my butt. :)....it is very difficult and frustrating at times. I have one heck of a time getting to the ball without falling on top of it... I'm trying to keep body back, while I go after it..my weight is seeking my toes constantly. Feels uncomfortable, like a battle of wills I guess...lol....but this is good. This is me not running from what I need to correct. Everything ( shoulders not turning enough/ weight wanted to seek goat hump/loosing bent right arm) are all steep related....I guess that is where I am now.. I'm doing exactly what Dan has said up to this point, ( which I'm proud of)..and I haven't given up. On the course...just play and swing using his foundation and the ball flies pretty nice and straight..( still broke 40 all 3 rounds this year..no birdies yet though) . On the range, very tough...I have issues with pushes and fats at times..and a few shanks once in a while. But again, it is my body reacting..or revolting to change...change is good..and change is needed. My problem, I always want to tinker or add garbage at times..I realize..only way I'm going to improve is to stick to this.

I'm all in...and getting better

Edit..in the course, I'm noticing improved all around contact..and a 5 yrd gain on all clubs. My pull ( which was my nemesis) is all but gone when I play..

Cp

Rain/ thunder/ mud..no problem. Brought my practice sessions under the barn roof..using a garbage can now for my foundation. Ball to club contact was terrible to say the least..but I'm moving forward. Noticing alot of positives...my last 2 swings without the garbage bucket at the end weren't bad. I'm just using a stock 7 iron..standard ..piece of crap practice club

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_HlIME71WXE

Cp

Maybe not tiger yet..but trying

What are your goals CP? Do you have some numbers you want to shoot? Do you want to have the perfect swing?

It seems to me, just my opinion, that you have a really good swing, and shoot decently low numbers. Like me, it seems you really enjoy the process of getting better, but I think your swing is good enough, you could really drop some low numbers if your short game is good.

I think it is because you enjoy the process, but if you are searching for perfection, good luck, you know?

You can definitely overthink and over-tinker playing "golf swing". Just trying to pick your brain a little.

[quote name='midweston' timestamp='1368201732' post='7006544']
What are your goals CP? Do you have some numbers you want to shoot? Do you want to have the perfect swing?

It seems to me, just my opinion, that you have a really good swing, and shoot decently low numbers. Like me, it seems you really enjoy the process of getting better, but I think your swing is good enough, you could really drop some low numbers if your short game is good.

I think it is because you enjoy the process, but if you are searching for perfection, good luck, you know?

You can definitely overthink and over-tinker playing "golf swing". Just trying to pick your brain a little.
[/quote]
Great post..I have had this goal for 5 years now. When my time comes ( kicking the bucket :( ) . I want to look back on golf knowing I gave it my all, I created the best swing motion that my body could produce. I have had a hole in one..an eagle..an double eagle..a birdie..a bogey..and a 20..lol. I broke par...i was scratch 12 years ago,,I hit a 300 yard drive and made a 50 foot putt. I did it all, now I'm turning it around,,I want the swing that is pleasing to my eye. Others sure, but I'm my toughest critic.. I want to really please one person..me.! I guess. So yes, I want something that might be hard to,obtain.,I want to have a pleasing motion that I approve of. Goofy as it may seem, that is my goal.

Why not produce the best motion that your body can produce? For me that is exciting.,liking tightening up an old machine and tweaking it .,so it runs at max performance ..

Just my thoughts,,and my goal

Cp

[quote name='Chris Peterich' timestamp='1368202182' post='7006604']
[quote name='midweston' timestamp='1368201732' post='7006544']

[/quote]
Great post..I have had this goal for 5 years now. When my time comes ( kicking the bucket :( ) . I want to look back on golf knowing I gave it my all, I created the best swing motion that my body could produce. I have had a hole in one..an eagle..an double eagle..a birdie..a bogey..and a 20..lol. I broke par...i was scratch 12 years ago,,I hit a 300 yard drive and made a 50 foot putt. I did it all, now I'm turning it around,,I want the swing that is pleasing to my eye. Others sure, but I'm my toughest critic.. I want to really please one person..me.! I guess. So yes, I want something that might be hard to,obtain.,I want to have a pleasing motion that I approve of. Goofy as it may seem, that is my goal.

Why not produce the best motion that your body can produce? For me that is exciting.,liking tightening up an old machine and tweaking it .,so it runs at max performance ..

Just my thoughts,,and my goal

Cp
[/quote]

Sounds good, I was just curious what the end was to all of this very technical bit by bit building. I have some of the same thoughts and enjoy the process a ton as well, and want to be as good as I possibly can.

Just thought it was good to ask is all. Best of luck as you carry on!

Arms..hard to see..a little blurry ( ipad front camera not the best.. But still love ). This is not that bad of body action..nada the "master" of the goat hump
[attachment=1675508:image.jpg]
[attachment=1675510:image.jpg]
[attachment=1675512:image.jpg]

[attachment=1675514:image.jpg]
[attachment=1675516:image.jpg]
[attachment=1675516:image.jpg]

Not bad of day I guess..can drive to work with a smile..hand sting though. Hit some crummy toe shots off of hard pan. :(