2024 John Deere Classic WITB Photos ×

Fourteen Golf Clubs

Definitely not here to argue whether you call Fourteen is a JDM but wanted to share how nice Fourteen Clubs are:

About Fourteen

• Obviously, as the name implies, the team at Fourteen is dedicated to creating the best 14 clubs that you can carry in your bag. Best meaning: best performance, best looking golf clubs.
  • The “feather” logo implies that no matter if you are not the most powerful golfer in the world, golf equipment should have proper (light) weight and easy to swing for each golfer. And since many happy golf terms such as “Albatross”, “Eagle”, and “Birdie” are associated with a bird, the “feather” logo is used.
  • Fourteen was founded in 1981 and the company has been involved initially in designing golf clubs for other major golf equipment company.
  • Fourteen was the first to come up with the concept of CG angles and CG positions in the early days which is now casually talked about when discussing the performance of the golf clubs.

Design concept

• Club design for Fourteen starts with a specific golfer in mind. Designers discuss how a club design can help that particular golfer play better.
  • Design starts with performance and then aesthetics and not the other way around.
  • If the clubs does not meet the requirement, the whole line gets scrapped even after mass production has begun. It is their commitment to provide equipment that performs.
  • Wedges:
    • Chose Nickel Chrome Molybdenum Steel as the choice of material for longer lasting grooves and soft feel combination.
    • Not focused on getting the most spin but it is about ideal spin from any lie

[*]Irons:

• Basic iron design has not seen a drastic change over the years but Fourteen makes sure that each model brings the best out of the particular type of golfer.
    • Because of advancement in production technology, the design team is able to precisely position the ideal CG for each club within the set.

[*]Driver:

• It is about hitting it straight and long.
    • There is an ideal MOI in drivers. Not too high, not too low.
    • Ideal MOI and straight shots would automatically give you more distance, easily.

[*]Fairway woods and hybrids

• Loft and headsize is specifically designed to product ideal ball flight for that particular type of golfer.
    • There is more room to evolve in hybrid designs since the golfers’ demands from a hybrid is different. Some look for forgiveness from any lie, some look for distance, etc.

Having said that, my favorite is the FH1000 irons!

Probably I am not skilled enough to bring out the true performance and benefit of the blade but I just love hitting blades.

This iron is designed based on a US Tour player playing on the PGA Tour.

The benefit of the muscle back iron is spin control.

This iron has 3 features of Future Heritage design technology:

1. Reverse Muscle back design: able to control trajectory without sacrificing distance

2. CG positioning depending on teh club for optimum spin depending on the shot

3. CG Matching: based on today's driver that many tour players use, the irons are designed to have a consistent flow with today's driver so that the player can swing with the same tempo from driver to irons.

Definitely my recommendation for muscle back irons.

JD

[b]Fairway Golf Online Store[/b] :golfer:
Website: [url="http://www.fairwaygolfusa.com"]http://www.fairwaygolfusa.com[/url]
Email: [email="[email protected]?subject=GolfWRX%20Inquiry"][email protected][/email]
Instagram:[url="https://instagram.com/fairwaygolfusa/"]https://instagram.com/fairwaygolfusa/[/url]
Phone: 1-619-702-1702

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have the Fourteen sf410 16* 3-wood with the stock md-335ff R shaft and it's a great club...

easy to hit off the deck and good distance..for me.

Giga XF0710* driver/Hirohonma twin marks 355 10.5* driver
TEE XCG5 16.5* 4W, Giga XF-11 17* 4W
Daiwa New Super Lady 21* 7W
Mizuno Intage 27* 9W
Giga U3 21* hybrid
Tourstage Viq U5 25* hybrid
Adams V4 6H/7H
Adams V4 forged irons 8-PW,GW,SW,LW
HEAVY PUTTER mid-weight K4 putter
Sun Mountain H2N0 stand bag
Wilson Harmonized 55*/60*wedges
Cleveland 588 56/60

[quote name='FairwayGolfUSA.com' timestamp='1374790766' post='7539540']
Definitely not here to argue whether you call Fourteen is a JDM but wanted to share how nice Fourteen Clubs are:

[attachment=1801042:fourteen1.gif]

About Fourteen[list]
[*]Obviously, as the name implies, the team at Fourteen is dedicated to creating the best 14 clubs that you can carry in your bag. Best meaning: best performance, best looking golf clubs.
[*]The “feather” logo implies that no matter if you are not the most powerful golfer in the world, golf equipment should have proper (light) weight and easy to swing for each golfer. And since many happy golf terms such as “Albatross”, “Eagle”, and “Birdie” are associated with a bird, the “feather” logo is used.
[*]Fourteen was founded in 1981 and the company has been involved initially in designing golf clubs for other major golf equipment company.
[*]Fourteen was the first to come up with the concept of CG angles and CG positions in the early days which is now casually talked about when discussing the performance of the golf clubs.
[/list]
[attachment=1801052:fourteen2.png]

Design concept[list]
[*]Club design for Fourteen starts with a specific golfer in mind. Designers discuss how a club design can help that particular golfer play better.
[*]Design starts with performance and then aesthetics and not the other way around.
[*]If the clubs does not meet the requirement, the whole line gets scrapped even after mass production has begun. It is their commitment to provide equipment that performs.
[*]Wedges:
[list]
[*]Chose Nickel Chrome Molybdenum Steel as the choice of material for longer lasting grooves and soft feel combination.
[*]Not focused on getting the most spin but it is about ideal spin from any lie
[/list][*]Irons:
[list]
[*]Basic iron design has not seen a drastic change over the years but Fourteen makes sure that each model brings the best out of the particular type of golfer.
[*]Because of advancement in production technology, the design team is able to precisely position the ideal CG for each club within the set.
[/list][*]Driver:
[list]
[*]It is about hitting it straight and long.
[*]There is an ideal MOI in drivers. Not too high, not too low.
[*]Ideal MOI and straight shots would automatically give you more distance, easily.
[/list][*]Fairway woods and hybrids
[list]
[*]Loft and headsize is specifically designed to product ideal ball flight for that particular type of golfer.
[*]There is more room to evolve in hybrid designs since the golfers’ demands from a hybrid is different. Some look for forgiveness from any lie, some look for distance, etc.
[/list]
[/list]
[attachment=1801062:fourteen3.png]

Having said that, my favorite is the FH1000 irons!

[attachment=1801064:fourteen4.jpg]

Probably I am not skilled enough to bring out the true performance and benefit of the blade but I just love hitting blades.

This iron is designed based on a US Tour player playing on the PGA Tour.
The benefit of the muscle back iron is spin control.

This iron has 3 features of Future Heritage design technology:
1. Reverse Muscle back design: able to control trajectory without sacrificing distance
2. CG positioning depending on teh club for optimum spin depending on the shot
3. CG Matching: based on today's driver that many tour players use, the irons are designed to have a consistent flow with today's driver so that the player can swing with the same tempo from driver to irons.

Definitely my recommendation for muscle back irons.

JD
[/quote]

Doesn't their heads get made in China ?

The Fourteen stuff looks so good.

Titleist TSR3 9* - Ventus TR Blue 6X

Taylormade Stealth 2 15* - Ventus TR Blue 8X

Callaway Apex UW 19* - Ventus TR Blue 8X

Titleist T200 Utility 4i - Axiom 105X

Titleist T100 5-PW - KBS Tour 130X
Titleist Vokey SM9 Raw 50/56/60 - KBS Tour 130X

Taylormade Spider Tour X Double Bend

Check out our Fourteen Info page at this LINK:

[url="http://www.fairwaygolfusa.com/japan/fourteen-golf-clubs.html"]http://www.fairwaygolfusa.com/japan/fourteen-golf-clubs.html[/url]

This page is more in-depth with design and manufacturing techniques of this amazing company!
-wayne

Website: [url="http://www.fairwaygolfusa.com"]http://www.fairwaygolfusa.com[/url]
Email: [email="[email protected]?subject=GolfWRX%20Inquiry"][email protected][/email]
Instagram:[url="https://instagram.com/fairwaygolfusa/"]https://instagram.com/fairwaygolfusa/[/url]

Currently gaming the FH1000 irons and did an extensive review on another site.

Without rehashing all I wrote, they are wonderful irons and should appeal to low handicaps to mid handicaps transitioning to single digits. Blades rightfully scared me in the past from using long term, but the beauty of these irons and some added forgiveness without negating the ability to work the ball have the fh1000s firmly in my bag.

[quote name='mflores' timestamp='1374875052' post='7546226']
Does anyone know which forging house they use?
[/quote]

Used to be Endo but they moved to China or some other country after the cost of making them in Japan became prohibitive. Economic conditions have been changing again so I have no idea if they will move their manufacture again. Regardless, the quality of a product is in what is delivered not in where it was made.

Shambles

Our local golf store has the full 14 range, every time I go I covet them. I just don't know what I would say to convince my wife that I should spend 200 dollars on a wedge. And that's here in Japan without import costs!

Cobra Bio Cell Plus
913 Fd Fubuki K 70S
913 HD 21*
5-PW Tourstage GR X-Blade Forged
Mizuno MP T4 52,56,60
White Hot Versa #9

[quote name='stk13' timestamp='1375176039' post='7567020']
Our local golf store has the full 14 range, every time I go I covet them. I just don't know what I would say to convince my wife that I should spend 200 dollars on a wedge. And that's here in Japan without import costs!
[/quote]

Tell her you're buying the wedges whether she likes it or not and then find a buddy whose couch you can sleep on; you know they'll be worth it!

9° Titleist TSi2 HZRDUS Smoke RDX 60 6.5
15° Titleist TSi2 HZRDUS Smoke RDX 70 6.0
19° PXG 0317 X Gen 2 Fujikura Pro 2.0 HB 85S
22° PXG 0317 X Gen 2 Fujikura Pro 2.0 HB 85S
5-PW Srixon ZX5 Project X LZ 6.5
Artisan Golf 50/54/58 Project X LZ 6.5
Artisan Golf 0418

[quote name='nagoh' timestamp='1375452701' post='7590258']
Anyone know if Fourteen irons (TC 910) are taper or parallel tip? Thanks.
[/quote]

The TC-910s are taper tips....

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Shambles' timestamp='1375142420' post='7564544']
[/quote]

Used to be Endo but they moved to China or some other country after the cost of making them in Japan became prohibitive. Economic conditions have been changing again so I have no idea if they will move their manufacture again. Regardless, the quality of a product is in what is delivered not in where it was made.

Shambles
[/quote]

Endo have a huge state of the art facility in Thailand also.

[quote name='neilc' timestamp='1376315633' post='7659454']
[/quote]

Shambles
[/quote]

[/quote]

Yes, I heard about that but did not give it a lot of attention. In my own country I found factories producing products for other manufacturers with their brands too, through local partners. It's a pretty good business as the foreigner takes advantage of whatever is cheaper locally and simply transfers technology while bringing his own materials and management to ensure the quality of the end product as to his standards. Bottom line of the success of such ventures is very dependent upon the quality of the management team the foreign partner sends to run the plant.

Shambles

[quote name='Shambles' timestamp='1376351141' post='7663814']
[quote name='neilc' timestamp='1376315633' post='7659454']
[/quote]

Shambles
[/quote]

[/quote]

Yes, I heard about that but did not give it a lot of attention. In my own country I found factories producing products for other manufacturers with their brands too, through local partners. It's a pretty good business as the foreigner takes advantage of whatever is cheaper locally and simply transfers technology while bringing his own materials and management to ensure the quality of the end product as to his standards. Bottom line of the success of such ventures is very dependent upon the quality of the management team the foreign partner sends to run the plant.

Shambles
[/quote]

...+1..

in the end it's all about quality control..

Giga XF0710* driver/Hirohonma twin marks 355 10.5* driver
TEE XCG5 16.5* 4W, Giga XF-11 17* 4W
Daiwa New Super Lady 21* 7W
Mizuno Intage 27* 9W
Giga U3 21* hybrid
Tourstage Viq U5 25* hybrid
Adams V4 6H/7H
Adams V4 forged irons 8-PW,GW,SW,LW
HEAVY PUTTER mid-weight K4 putter
Sun Mountain H2N0 stand bag
Wilson Harmonized 55*/60*wedges
Cleveland 588 56/60

Information as to where Fourteen clubs are forged is usually found on their Japan webpage. A quick look will say all current irons except for the 930 are forged in China. The 930 is still Thailand (Endo).

As to quality, generally a company can guarantee it's quality control. That means companies with good track records are pretty safe to use.

At times however it is useful to look at the nitty gritty as well. Given that the Endo plant in Thailand has a pretty good track record I would choose a product from there 9xs out of 10 all others things being equal (design, materials, etc.)