2024 Rocket Mortgage Classic WITB Photos ×

FOOTBALL IS HERE !!!! ... TIME TO GET IT ON

ROBOPTI

[quote name='gambit' timestamp='1380749605' post='7944029']
[quote name='bscinstnct' timestamp='1380495308' post='7929079']
Giants continue to impress.

They could go all...the...way

To an 0 for season and draft Manziel.

Jets look almost as good. Gotta love a QB whose instinct is to run to the endzone. His own endzone.

Gonna be a long fall in NY.
[/quote]

Dude, you know the Giants play in the NFC East right? Have you seen the record of every other team in the East? 0-4 and they're only 2 games out of 1st. [b]If they would have pulled the Dallas game out they would be tied for 1st.[/b] Also, I'll be the first to say Eli is throwing way too many picks, but not all are his fault. A few of them have gone off receivers' hands, one came at the end of a half as a hope and prayer and another one at the end of a game trying to make something happen. They will not go 0-16. They are not looking for another QB. Manziel will not be a top NFL passer regardless of what he's doing in college (think Gino Torretta, Ty Detmer, Ken Dorsey, etc). If anything, the Giants need a running back, offensive lineman, linebackers, and defensive backs that can actually cover.
[/quote]

Lol. If Dallas' offense hadn't stalled against KC and if Rivers hadn't been so good against Dallas then they'd be 4-0.

See what I did there?

Titleist TSi3 8* // TENSEI 1K Black 65s

Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 15* // Kai'li 80x
Taylormade SLDR 17* Rescue // Speeder 9.3s
Taylormade SLDR 19* Rescue // Matrix Black Tie 95s
Srixon ZX5 4-PW // Nippon Modus 120s
50* & 56* Taylormade MG3 // Tour Issue S-200
Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jets look almost as good. Gotta love a QB whose instinct is to run to the endzone. His own endzone.

[/quote]

Dude, you know the Giants play in the NFC East right? Have you seen the record of every other team in the East? 0-4 and they're only 2 games out of 1st. If they would have pulled the Dallas game out they would be tied for 1st. Also, I'll be the first to say Eli is throwing way too many picks, but not all are his fault. A few of them have gone off receivers' hands, one came at the end of a half as a hope and prayer and another one at the end of a game trying to make something happen. They will not go 0-16. They are not looking for another QB. Manziel will not be a top NFL passer regardless of what he's doing in college (think Gino Torretta, Ty Detmer, Ken Dorsey, etc). If anything, the Giants need a running back, offensive lineman, linebackers, and defensive backs that can actually cover.
[/quote]

You are seriously underselling Manziel and his talent if you think his company is Torretta, Detmer and Dorsey.

TSR2  | Original One Mini |Apex UW 19

Nike Vapor Speed 4i | 5-GW T100S Black 

SM8 Black 54* / 60*

Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

WITB

[/quote]

Dude, you know the Giants play in the NFC East right? Have you seen the record of every other team in the East? 0-4 and they're only 2 games out of 1st. If they would have pulled the Dallas game out they would be tied for 1st. Also, I'll be the first to say Eli is throwing way too many picks, but not all are his fault. A few of them have gone off receivers' hands, one came at the end of a half as a hope and prayer and another one at the end of a game trying to make something happen. They will not go 0-16. They are not looking for another QB. Manziel will not be a top NFL passer regardless of what he's doing in college (think Gino Torretta, Ty Detmer, Ken Dorsey, etc). If anything, the Giants need a running back, offensive lineman, linebackers, and defensive backs that can actually cover.
[/quote]

Ha! Thanks, gambit. I think I am just panicking and goofing around.

Clearly, the issues are holding their own on the O line...and defense. Most disappointing is lack of discipline.

You're panicking a little though as well, no?

[quote name='TheGameChanger' timestamp='1380770299' post='7945713']
Am I the only one that finds Kap and Wilson overrated. They are playing on Loaded teams. RG3 or Luck would've won the Superbowl with either of those teams Last year.
[/quote]

Is Peyton Manning overrated? He is on a loaded team. How about Brady some of his years, is he overrated?

Wilson and Kap are studs, period and if you watch their games and physical talent it should be pretty clear they are great young Qbs. Its not their fault that their front offices are intelligent and inserted talent around them.

It is ridiculous to just assume RG3 and Luck would have won the Superbowl with either of those teams, that is an insane hypothetical that really means nothing. All the other young qbs (Luck, Kap, Wilson) have leaped RG3 this year and are thriving without needing the read option to be successful.

SM8 Black 54* / 60*

WITB

Am I the only one that finds Kap and Wilson overrated. They are playing on Loaded teams. RG3 or Luck would've won the Superbowl with either of those teams Last year.
[/quote]

I absolutely think both of them are overrated. I think they have a lot of talent and a lot of potential, but the expectations put them on this year were crazy. Teams have game film on the zone read now. Like I said somewhere else (I think in this thread while talking about Kaep), once teams get game film on them, they are going to struggle. With that said, it's way too early to say if they are overrated or not. Luck, IMO is the only 2nd year QB who has shown he is the real deal, not just a flash in the pan. I tend to still think that these zone read offenses and QBs are just a fad. We will see though. QB's notoriously struggle in their second season. Give them a few years and see how they handle teams game planning around these fast quarterbacks. The ones who are able to adjust, stay in the pocket and still shred defenses are going to be game changes. I' not convinced we have that yet with Kaep, Wilson or RGIII (I'd prob rank them in that order too).

Driver: PXG 0311 Gen 4 9*
3w: Taylormade Sim 15*
Hybrid: Titleist 816h 21*
Irons: PXG 0311 Gen 5 T 4i thru GW 
Wedges: Vokey SM9 54*, 58*
Putter: Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2.5

[quote name='bubbagump' timestamp='1380801707' post='7946461']
[/quote]

Is Peyton Manning overrated? He is on a loaded team. How about Brady some of his years, is he overrated?

Wilson and Kap are studs, period and if you watch their games and physical talent it should be pretty clear they are great young Qbs. Its not their fault that their front offices are intelligent and inserted talent around them.

It is ridiculous to just assume RG3 and Luck would have won the Superbowl with either of those teams, that is an insane hypothetical that really means nothing. All the other young qbs (Luck, Kap, Wilson) have leaped RG3 this year and are thriving without needing the read option to be successful.
[/quote]

First off, Peyton and TB aren't even in the same universe as Luck, Kaep, RGIII, and Wilson. Peyton and TB make the players around significantly better. TB's offense is total s*** right now and yet he is still finding ways to put decent numbers (albeit low for him) and has his team sitting at 4-0. DeMaryus Thomas in Denver was largely considered a bust prior to Peyton's arrival. Welker spent 2 seasons in Miami being a relatively ineffective slot WR. He goes to NE and immediately doubles his yards and gets 8 TDs compared to his 1 (in two seasons in Mia). Peyton and Tom Brady elevate everyone around them. That's the biggest difference in my opinion of them vs. other guys in the league (I would also say Rodgers and even Brees do the same).

Driver: PXG 0311 Gen 4 9*
3w: Taylormade Sim 15*
Hybrid: Titleist 816h 21*
Irons: PXG 0311 Gen 5 T 4i thru GW 
Wedges: Vokey SM9 54*, 58*
Putter: Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2.5

[quote name='SilverBullets' timestamp='1380805906' post='7946739']
[quote name='bubbagump' timestamp='1380801707' post='7946461']
[/quote]

[/quote]

First off, Peyton and TB aren't even in the same universe as Luck, Kaep, RGIII, and Wilson. Peyton and TB make the players around significantly better. TB's offense is total s*** right now and yet he is still finding ways to put decent numbers (albeit low for him) and has his team sitting at 4-0. DeMaryus Thomas in Denver was largely considered a bust prior to Peyton's arrival. Welker spent 2 seasons in Miami being a relatively ineffective slot WR. He goes to NE and immediately doubles his yards and gets 8 TDs compared to his 1 (in two seasons in Mia). Peyton and Tom Brady elevate everyone around them. That's the biggest difference in my opinion of them vs. other guys in the league (I would also say Rodgers and even Brees do the same).
[/quote]

I wasnt comparing those guys to Manning or Brady. The point was, since they have had their share of talented teams does that make them any less great of Qbs?

I wouldnt say Thomas was considered a bust prior to Manning, and Welker was stuck in a terrible situation in Miami. Agreed, wrs benefit from catching balls from good qbs and it elevates your stats and makes you look better. I think though, had Welker and Thomas had better Qbs to feed them the ball on a consistent basis, they would have still developed. Not like if you are getting 5+ catches a game from Brady or Manning, but still to good players.

SM8 Black 54* / 60*

WITB

[quote name='baseballfrk8998' timestamp='1380755201' post='7944461']

[/quote]

Dude, you know the Giants play in the NFC East right? Have you seen the record of every other team in the East? 0-4 and they're only 2 games out of 1st. [b]If they would have pulled the Dallas game out they would be tied for 1st.[/b] Also, I'll be the first to say Eli is throwing way too many picks, but not all are his fault. A few of them have gone off receivers' hands, one came at the end of a half as a hope and prayer and another one at the end of a game trying to make something happen. They will not go 0-16. They are not looking for another QB. Manziel will not be a top NFL passer regardless of what he's doing in college (think Gino Torretta, Ty Detmer, Ken Dorsey, etc). If anything, the Giants need a running back, offensive lineman, linebackers, and defensive backs that can actually cover.
[/quote]

Lol. If Dallas' offense hadn't stalled against KC and if Rivers hadn't been so good against Dallas then they'd be 4-0.

See what I did there?
[/quote]

If the Giants didn't turn it over six times, including two that were returned for TDs and another for a short TD, and they played D and didn't give up any points and scored more points they would have won.

See what I did there?

[quote name='bubbagump' timestamp='1380766827' post='7945397']

[/quote]

[/quote]

You are seriously underselling Manziel and his talent if you think his company is Torretta, Detmer and Dorsey.
[/quote]

My point is that they all put up big numbers in college and did nothing in the pros. I think we all can agree that college success or even talent doesn't always translate to the pros without the right attitude (see Akili Smith, Tim Couch, Tebow, Joey Harrington, David Carr, Brady Quinn, Jamarcus Russell, etc). Manziel reminds of a young Jim McMahon or even a Ryan Leaf without the arm strength. Just my opinion.

[quote name='bscinstnct' timestamp='1380768862' post='7945609']

[/quote]

[/quote]

Clearly, the issues are holding their own on the O line...and defense. Most disappointing is lack of discipline.

[/quote]

I would be panicking if I didn't have a feeling this was going to happen. The last first rounders haven't exactly panned out. We love to draft defensive lineman and ends to add to a never ending rotation when we have other issues. Just made no sense to me. We also drafted a running back that had a history of fumbling the ball in the freaking ACC. Not exactly the hardest hitting conference. Our GM made no attempt to get Trenton Richardson. In a league that is now featuring the tight end (see every successful team) and who do we have? The best change in my opinion is bring in a new GM.

[quote name='gambit' timestamp='1380860605' post='7950943']

[/quote]

[/quote]

See what I did there?
[/quote]

If the Giants didn't turn it over six times, including two that were returned for TDs and another for a short TD, and they played D and didn't give up any points and scored more points they would have won.

See what I did there?
[/quote]

I do.

I do the same thing after every Dallas game. They always seem to find a way to mess things up. Last week it was Terrence Williams..

Who will it be next week? I don't think they have to worry about messing much up this week as it'll probably be over by halftime given Peyton manning's current record-setting pace. :(

[quote name='baseballfrk8998' timestamp='1380861747' post='7950983']
[quote name='gambit' timestamp='1380860605' post='7950943']

[/quote]

[/quote]

See what I did there?
[/quote]

See what I did there?
[/quote]

I do.

I do the same thing after every Dallas game. They always seem to find a way to mess things up. Last week it was Terrence Williams..

Who will it be next week? [b]I don't think they have to worry about messing much up this week as it'll probably be over by halftime given Peyton manning's current record-setting pace.[/b] :(
[/quote]

That's a good point. The next loss I'm just going to say Romo has 3 picks. You heard it hear first.

Speaking of finding a way to mess things up, Bengal fans...where are you at? The game against the Browns cost me a few hundred. Hoyer went 8 for 8 for 80 yards and a TD on the opening drive I believe. I thought you guys were supposed to be a top 5 defense?

[quote name='gambit' timestamp='1380860893' post='7950953']
[quote name='bubbagump' timestamp='1380766827' post='7945397']

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

My point is that they all put up big numbers in college and did nothing in the pros. I think we all can agree that college success or even talent doesn't always translate to the pros without the right attitude (see Akili Smith, Tim Couch, Tebow, Joey Harrington, David Carr, Brady Quinn, Jamarcus Russell, etc). Manziel reminds of a young Jim McMahon or even a Ryan Leaf without the arm strength. Just my opinion.
[/quote]

In theory you are correct, but its not the same with Manziel. Certain players have the talent and ability while amassing stats that you can tell they are a player and will be playing on Sundays as opposed to guys in gimmicky systems, or a bevy of talent around them logging ridiculous numbers.

SM8 Black 54* / 60*

WITB

If Wilson can make it. Manziel can make it. If a team gets Manziel in the Late 1st round or Later they are getting a steal. I Hope his around when the Cowboys pick in the 2nd round. Can Sit on the Bench for a few years and learn or if Romo gets injured or Sucks it up he can come in. Not a fan of Kyle Orton.

[quote name='TheGameChanger' timestamp='1380933997' post='7954581']
[quote name='bscinstnct' timestamp='1380931403' post='7954399']
Quarterback can't be a headcase.
[/quote]

Brett Favre?
[/quote]

Ha! Exception that proves the rule.

Man, he could throw. Can't quantify the combination of decision making and talent ,he is an all time top guy. Clutch

Favre arm stength? Stunning. He could throw between multiple defenders down field with anybody who ever played.

Guy has maybe the best arm ever.

So, he could get away with being a little cooky.

[quote name='bscinstnct' timestamp='1380938970' post='7954853']
[/quote]

Brett Favre?
[/quote]

Man, he could throw. Can't quantify the combination of decision making and talent ,he is an all time top guy. Clutch

Favre arm stength? Stunning. He could throw between multiple defenders down field with anybody who ever played.

[/quote]

Dude could still play in the League imo. He is better then alot of Qb's teams have. Heres a list of teams that Favre is a better option then the QB's they have.

Jets
Bills (Even Though I like EJ)
Dolphins
Titans
Bengals
Browns
Texans
Raiders
Jags
Vikings
Bucs
Cardinals
Rams

[quote name='gambit' timestamp='1380906452' post='7952763']
That's a good point. [b]The next loss I'm just going to say Romo has 3 picks. [/b]You heard it hear first.

Speaking of finding a way to mess things up, Bengal fans...where are you at? The game against the Browns cost me a few hundred. Hoyer went 8 for 8 for 80 yards and a TD on the opening drive I believe. I thought you guys were supposed to be a top 5 defense?
[/quote]

After those 3, he'll still need 5 more to match Eli's interception total for the year.. Assuming that Eli doesn't throw anymore between now and then (yeah right)..

*Patiently waiting a comeback noting Eli's rings*

:cheesy:

[quote name='TheGameChanger' timestamp='1380941543' post='7955033']
[quote name='bscinstnct' timestamp='1380938970' post='7954853']
[/quote]

Brett Favre?
[/quote]

[/quote]

Dude could still play in the League imo. He is better then alot of Qb's teams have. Heres a list of teams that Favre is a better option then the QB's they have.

Jets
Bills (Even Though I like EJ)
[s]Dolphins[/s]
Titans
[s]Bengals[/s]
Browns
[s]Texans[/s]
Raiders
Jags
Vikings
Bucs
[s]Cardinals[/s]
[s]Rams[/s]
[/quote]

I hope this wasn't a serious post. No way Favre could still be playing at a high level.

And just to drive my point home, I've marked several teams off the list that he wouldn't start for if he was playing like he did in 2010 (his final, final season) when he threw 11 TD and 19 INT.

Dallas D is improved from last year, they are getting many more TOs with Kiffin in there opposed to Ryan. Im not sure even the top Ds can bottle up Peyton and that offense, its just going to come down to stopping a few drives and being able to put up your own 30+ points. Peyton will more than likely get his no matter who is on the other side of the ball.

SM8 Black 54* / 60*

WITB

[quote name='bubbagump' timestamp='1381118858' post='7963501']
Dallas D is improved from last year, they are getting many more TOs with Kiffin in there opposed to Ryan. Im not sure even the top Ds can bottle up Peyton and that offense, its just going to come down to stopping a few drives and being able to put up your own 30+ points. Peyton will more than likely get his no matter who is on the other side of the ball.
[/quote]

They do turnover the ball. However 3 Qbs have thrown for 400+ Yards against it this season. Only Once a QB did that for all of last season. Also to be fair to Rob Ryan he did miss Sean Lee for most of last season. Nice Game from the 49ers too.

Yeah, they seem to do a pretty decent job at bending but not breaking and forcing field goals. Surprised with the $ and names in the secondary they arent a little better there.

Was a good game all around by the Niners. Just needed to stay the course through the brutal opening stretch of the schedule, and now we have a few ligther matchups with the Cards, Titans, Jags, Panthers upcoming. Also the next few weeks alot of guys will start to be coming back from being injured, I like the spot were at right now. Just gotta take it one game at a time and stay healthy.

SM8 Black 54* / 60*

WITB

[quote name='bubbagump' timestamp='1381119987' post='7963567']
Yeah, they seem to do a pretty decent job at bending but not breaking and forcing field goals. Surprised with the $ and names in the secondary they arent a little better there.

Was a good game all around by the Niners. Just needed to stay the course through the brutal opening stretch of the schedule, and now we have a few ligther matchups with the [b]Cards,[/b] Titans, Jags, Panthers upcoming. Also the next few weeks alot of guys will start to be coming back from being injured, I like the spot were at right now. Just gotta take it one game at a time and stay healthy.
[/quote]

If they had a better QB the NFC West would've got 3 teams in the playoffs this season.

[quote name='bscinstnct' timestamp='1380768862' post='7945609']

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

The 0-for is looking good. I haven't seen Big Blue look this horrible since the Pisarcik days. I proudly give them my Double Face Palm Award:

[attachment=1904017:facepalm.jpg]

[quote name='TheGameChanger' timestamp='1381119411' post='7963535']
[quote name='bubbagump' timestamp='1381118858' post='7963501']
[/quote]

They do turnover the ball. However 3 Qbs have thrown for 400+ Yards against it this season. Only Once a QB did that for all of last season. Also to be fair to Rob Ryan he did miss Sean Lee for most of last season. Nice Game from the 49ers too.
[/quote]

Both of you make good points.. I don't know that the defense is any better or worse, but they do give up a ton of yards. WIth that being said, they are forcing a lot more turnovers than they did last season. You also have to keep in mind that they've had 2 games against the 2 most prolific QB's (strictly in terms of yardage) in the league this season.

The offense really looks fantastic thus far. Romo made another boneheaded move late yesterday, but as Bubbagump pointed out, they're not in that game without him. People are likely to remember the late INT in that game but he kept them in that game by throwing for 500+ yards and 5 TD's. They're 2nd in the league in PPG behind just Denver, but they're giving up points at such a clip that it's going to be tough to win games where they don't force turnovers or games where the offense stalls.

I didn't get to see much football yesterday outside of the Dallas game but Schaub and the Texans seem to be on the downward trend. They're probably a combined 5 minutes of actual game time from being 0-5 this season. I saw some of the NE game and they looked rough. Cincy got a lot of pressure on Brady and he wasn't able to deliver as he usually does. SF and Indy both looked good.

Terrelle Pryor has surprised me this season in Oakland. He had another efficient game last night and made some very nice throws. I caught the 1st half of that game and was pleasantly surprised by his play.