2024 US Open WITB Photos ×

FOOTBALL IS HERE !!!! ... TIME TO GET IT ON

ROBOPTI

[quote]The offense really looks fantastic thus far. Romo made another boneheaded move late yesterday, but as Bubbagump pointed out, they're not in that game without him. People are likely to remember the late INT in that game but he kept them in that game by throwing for 500+ yards and 5 TD's. They're 2nd in the league in PPG behind just Denver, but they're giving up points at such a clip that it's going to be tough to win games where they don't force turnovers or games where the offense stalls[/quote]

That is Romo's MO. Puts up awesome numbers in a game but then throws them out the window come 2 min crunch time. Great stats for the first 13 games of the season but then looks like a D III freshman coming down the stretch. Bless his heart, I hope he stays with Dallas for a good while longer.

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='thug the bunny' timestamp='1381168384' post='7965571']
[quote]The offense really looks fantastic thus far. Romo made another boneheaded move late yesterday, but as Bubbagump pointed out, they're not in that game without him. People are likely to remember the late INT in that game but he kept them in that game by throwing for 500+ yards and 5 TD's. They're 2nd in the league in PPG behind just Denver, but they're giving up points at such a clip that it's going to be tough to win games where they don't force turnovers or games where the offense stalls[/quote]

That is Romo's MO. Puts up awesome numbers in a game but then throws them out the window come 2 min crunch time. Great stats for the first 13 games of the season but then looks like a D III freshman coming down the stretch. Bless his heart, I hope he stays with Dallas for a good while longer.
[/quote]

He just got an extension, he's not going anywhere..

And you're right, he just seems to goof it off during crunch time. Peyton Manning did the same thing for years also (albeit with less talent) so at least there's hope. I'm obviously not comparing the 2, I'm just hoping Romo can get over the hump like Peyton has.

Titleist TSi3 8* // TENSEI 1K Black 65s

Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 15* // Kai'li 80x
Taylormade SLDR 17* Rescue // Speeder 9.3s
Taylormade SLDR 19* Rescue // Matrix Black Tie 95s
Srixon ZX5 4-PW // Nippon Modus 120s
50* & 56* Taylormade MG3 // Tour Issue S-200
Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2

Keyshawn Johnson just mentioned on Monday Night Countdown and his fellow WR Chris Carter agreed with him that the pick wasnt Romos fault as it was Wittens. Johnson said Romo put the ball where it should have been but Witten didnt run his route correctly.

Looking at it, Trevetheon or whatever his name came down and undercut the route and made a diving pic, so it wasnt a horrible throw by any means, and Witten was right there as well. Perhaps Johnson and Carter had a point.

Been hopeful talk for weeks on the Niner blogs I read, but I have a good feeling that Baalke is going to ninja Josh Gordon away from the Browns soon.........That would be a fantastic pickup for the Niners.

TSR2  | Original One Mini |Apex UW 19

Nike Vapor Speed 4i | 5-GW T100S Black 

SM8 Black 54* / 60*

Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

WITB

[quote name='baseballfrk8998']

Terrelle Pryor has surprised me this season in Oakland. He had another efficient game last night and made some very nice throws. I caught the 1st half of that game and was pleasantly surprised by his play.
[/quote]

Saw him play a Bowl game a few years back for Ohio and was very impressed. Also he has hardly any talent around him in Oakland.

[quote name='thug the bunny' timestamp='1381167111' post='7965473']
[quote name='bscinstnct' timestamp='1380768862' post='7945609']
[quote name='gambit' timestamp='1380749605' post='7944029']
[quote name='bscinstnct' timestamp='1380495308' post='7929079']
Giants continue to impress.

They could go all...the...way

To an 0 for season and draft Manziel.

Jets look almost as good. Gotta love a QB whose instinct is to run to the endzone. His own endzone.

Gonna be a long fall in NY.
[/quote]

Dude, you know the Giants play in the NFC East right? Have you seen the record of every other team in the East? 0-4 and they're only 2 games out of 1st. If they would have pulled the Dallas game out they would be tied for 1st. Also, I'll be the first to say Eli is throwing way too many picks, but not all are his fault. A few of them have gone off receivers' hands, one came at the end of a half as a hope and prayer and another one at the end of a game trying to make something happen. They will not go 0-16. They are not looking for another QB. Manziel will not be a top NFL passer regardless of what he's doing in college (think Gino Torretta, Ty Detmer, Ken Dorsey, etc). If anything, the Giants need a running back, offensive lineman, linebackers, and defensive backs that can actually cover.
[/quote]

Ha! Thanks, gambit. I think I am just panicking and goofing around.

Clearly, the issues are holding their own on the O line...and defense. Most disappointing is lack of discipline.

You're panicking a little though as well, no?
[/quote]

The 0-for is looking good. I haven't seen Big Blue look this horrible since the Pisarcik days. I proudly give them my Double Face Palm Award:

[attachment=1904017:facepalm.jpg]
[/quote]

Yes, we forget

The Giants did suck (and they do now)

This was before Parcells took over and leveraged the Gibbs philosophy and redefined the game

Joe Montanas probably still has nightmares about Leonard Marshall

Haha! You made me laugh. No kidding, I think one time I remember Butch Woolfolk rushed 40 times for like 94 yards!

[quote name='Pudgelewis' timestamp='1381203626' post='7968683']
[quote name='TheGameChanger' timestamp='1381202400' post='7968621']
[quote name='Pudgelewis' timestamp='1381200889' post='7968481']
STELLERS, baby! YEEEEEEEHHHHHAAAAAWWWWW!!

Seriously, though, black and gold!
[/quote]

I love Mike Tomlin as a coach.
[/quote]

Are you a Ravens fan? Lol!
[/quote]

Cowboys fan. Would love Tomlin as coach. BTW Does Big Ben and the former KC Chiefs (Forgot his name) coach get along?

[quote name='TheGameChanger' timestamp='1381203978' post='7968711']
[quote name='Pudgelewis' timestamp='1381203626' post='7968683']
[quote name='TheGameChanger' timestamp='1381202400' post='7968621']
[quote name='Pudgelewis' timestamp='1381200889' post='7968481']
STELLERS, baby! YEEEEEEEHHHHHAAAAAWWWWW!!

Seriously, though, black and gold!
[/quote]

I love Mike Tomlin as a coach.
[/quote]

Are you a Ravens fan? Lol!
[/quote]

Cowboys fan. Would love Tomlin as coach. BTW Does Big Ben and the former KC Chiefs (Forgot his name) coach get along?
[/quote]

I'm not quite ready to ship him off to you, but his same ol' "the standard is the standard" and "we own it" postgame remarks are growing old. He sometimes seems to have a hard time getting the team ready for weaker opponents (which may or may not apply to this season since we're so bad). I know our O-line is terrible, but come on!

I only get to watch the nationally televised games, so I'm not absolutely sure about the Todd Haley thing. I follow a steelers forum and there's certainly talk about them butting heads with play calling, but I don't know apart from that. I don't care for the dink & dunk stuff, but when Ben has no time to throw, I'm sure it limits the playbook.

man the Falcons are getting crushed with injuries. Julio Jones now done for the season? Roddy injured again.

Driver: PXG 0311 Gen 4 9*
3w: Taylormade Sim 15*
Hybrid: Titleist 816h 21*
Irons: PXG 0311 Gen 5 T 4i thru GW 
Wedges: Vokey SM9 54*, 58*
Putter: Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2.5

Obvious must win for Chicago Thursday night....

And while the d has shown glimpses of decent production, I don't have a heck of a lot of confidence in the unit as a whole. D line is ridiculously thin and the safeties are continuously late to the passing plays. How Chris Conte is a starter just defies logic.

Every game thus far has had a receiver just go all pro on them (except for Minnesota. Thanks Ponder). Honestly, why does it take an entire half to figure out jimmy graham is THE GUY to be shadowing just a bit? Letting him off the line with not so much as a chip? Brees/Graham connection is just too damn good for that to happen...

Man, that was frustrating to watch. Game was a bit closer than the final score suggests but still... Time to perform. Get through Thursday and rest up as this team needs it...

I can't believe how bad Eli and the Giants have been this season. I don't think anyone saw this coming.

[quote name='baseballfrk8998' timestamp='1381462578' post='7985185']
I can't believe how bad Eli and the Giants have been this season. I don't think anyone saw this coming.
[/quote]Nope, but everyone loves a train wreck! :lol:

Ping 430Max 10k / Callaway UW 17 & 21 / Srixon ZX5 Irons (5-AW) / Vokey SM8 56* & 60*, Callaway, 64*

[quote name='bubbagump' timestamp='1381498071' post='7986317']
I feel like this is the real Eli.......with nobody to hold him up, or a top flight defense to help...more of his real colors are coming out.
[/quote]

Teams with awful offensive lines have a way of making everyone look bad.

TSR2 8*, Diamana BG 60TX

TSR1 15*, Diamana BF 80TX

TSR1 20°, Atmos TS Blue HB 8x 
Mizuno MP Fli Hi 21°, Recoil 110

JPX 923 Forged  5-P, DG120 X100
RTX6  50, 54, 58 MID (AMT White X100)
Odyssey Eleven S
Tour BX

[quote name='GooseHook' timestamp='1381498848' post='7986381']
I feel like this is the real Eli.......with nobody to hold him up, or a top flight defense to help...more of his real colors are coming out.
[/quote]

[/quote]

Aaron Rodgers has made it work for years.

Eli has the inconsistency of Tony Romo, and the gambling nature of Brett Favre....leads to some good games/season....and some not so good.

SM8 Black 54* / 60*

WITB

[quote name='bubbagump' timestamp='1381503019' post='7986731']
[/quote]

[/quote]

Eli has the inconsistency of Tony Romo, and the gambling nature of Brett Favre....leads to some good games/season....and some not so good.
[/quote]

Let's be fair to Romo now. Eli has always been more inconsistent that Romo.. Except for the playoffs (ouch).

Romo's worst season in the NFL he had a 90.5 rating. Eli has only had 2 seasons where his rating was at least that high.

I think Eli has been a pretty average qb over the course of his career but he has been able to get it done when it counts. Exactly the opposite of Romo, unfortunately. :(

[quote name='baseballfrk8998' timestamp='1381518665' post='7988157']
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Let's be fair to Romo now. Eli has always been more inconsistent that Romo.. Except for the playoffs (ouch).

Romo's worst season in the NFL he had a 90.5 rating. Eli has only had 2 seasons where his rating was at least that high.

I think Eli has been a pretty average qb over the course of his career but he has been able to get it done when it counts. Exactly the opposite of Romo, unfortunately. :(
[/quote]

And his Brother the Big Game Choker.

[quote name='bscinstnct' timestamp='1381546334' post='7990235']
Eli has won

2 Super Bowls

Winning Super Bowls is not easy

For example

When was the last time the

49ers won a Superbowl?

; )
[/quote]

Throwing 15 int's in 6 games isn't easy either. :cheesy:

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I don't disagree but he is most certainly the exception to the rule. Dude had insane targets as well. And NO ONE likes playing in lambeau.

I'm not backing Eli rather suggesting that AR is otherworldly...

Eli IMP has always been very overrated. I'm not going to take anything away from him in clutch situations though. When he's in a big game, late in a game, etc. the dude can flat out perform. His playoff record and Super Bowl upsets are very impressive. With that out of the way, to me, he isn't a guy who makes the players around him better. You take away the great D and Oline and this is what you get. He's not on that Peyton, Rodgers, TB or Bree's level. For those guys it basically doesn't matter who lines up at receiver. If their line is decimated it seems to not even affect them. Eli needs all the pieces in place to make it work.

Do I consider him a top 10 QB? Sure. But he's not much above that 10 line.

Driver: PXG 0311 Gen 4 9*
3w: Taylormade Sim 15*
Hybrid: Titleist 816h 21*
Irons: PXG 0311 Gen 5 T 4i thru GW 
Wedges: Vokey SM9 54*, 58*
Putter: Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2.5

[quote name='bscinstnct' timestamp='1381546334' post='7990235']
Eli has won

2 Super Bowls

Winning Super Bowls is not easy

For example

When was the last time the

49ers won a Superbowl?

; )
[/quote]

Im not sure what your point is?

So you say you are aware winning a Superbowl is not easy, and then ask the last time a team that has won 5 and was in the superbowl last season has won one?

SM8 Black 54* / 60*

WITB

[quote name='SilverBullets' timestamp='1381585097' post='7991305']

Do I consider him a top 10 QB? Sure. But he's not much above that 10 line.
[/quote]

Aaron Rodgers, Peyton Manning, Drew Brees, Tom Brady, Andrew Luck, Matt Stafford, Russell Wilson, Colin Kaepernick , Matt Ryan, Tony Romo are imo 10 qbs that are better than Eli (in no particular order). After that there is a group of Cutler, Rivers, Newton, Big Ben and that is where I put Eli.

SM8 Black 54* / 60*

WITB

Eli Manning has 2 Super Bowl wins

2 Super Bowl MVPs

He led his team on the road and beat everybody in his way for one. And beat an undefeated team for the other.

He has proven himself a big time clutch 4rth Quarter performer with the ability to lead and throw touchdowns to win the biggest games.

He has 2 more Super Bowl wins

Than a high profile team like the 49er have

In almost 20 years

Just keeping it "real".

[quote name='bscinstnct' timestamp='1381599621' post='7992013']
Eli Manning has 2 Super Bowl wins

2 Super Bowl MVPs

He led his team on the road and beat everybody in his way for one. And beat an undefeated team for the other.

He has proven himself a big time clutch 4rth Quarter performer with the ability to lead and throw touchdowns to win the biggest games.

He has 2 more Super Bowl wins

Than a high profile team like the 49er have

In almost 20 years

Just keeping it "real".
[/quote]

Im no math major, but I always thought 5>2. Now that is real.

SM8 Black 54* / 60*

WITB