2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Tadd Fujikawa Fan Club

pitbull808

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats to Tadd for scoring his first Corporate Sponsor. Tadd's now sponsored by Aloha Petroleum. Aloha Petroleum will also be donating to the Hawaii Junior Golf Association a few cents for every new credit card application they approve. Great for Tadd and great for the HJGA. :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Congratulations to Tadd winning for the first time as a Professional here in Hawaii at the 50th Annual Mid Pacific Open. Tadd is the youngest winner and won by 7 strokes beating former PGA Winner and Multiple Japan PGA Winner David Ishii and also one of the tougher fields in recent years. The conditions were rough all week with rain and heavy winds but Tadds made it look easy.

Great job Tadd! Hope it's the first step to many more! :( :russian_roulette:

I know Kevin Na played on the Asian tour for a year after his junior year in high school, winning the 2002 Volvo Masters of Asia, before getting his PGA card in Q school.

Does Tadd have a similar plan that is in the works?

PING G430 LST 9°
PING G430 LST FW #3
PING G430 HY #2
PING G410 Crossover #3
PING i525 #5,
PING i59 #6-PW
PING Glide 4.0 50°, 54°, 60°
PING PLD Anser 2D, Patina finish

I know Kevin Na played on the Asian tour for a year after his junior year in high school, winning the 2002 Volvo Masters of Asia, before getting his PGA card in Q school.

Does Tadd have a similar plan that is in the works?

I have no idea what route he'll take. I do know he's heading to Japan this week for the JGTO Opener, the Chunichi Crowns at Nagoya Golf Club and then Munsingwear Open KSB Cup two weeks later.

Well, since Tadd was nice enough to show me his new toy before he teed off, yes, it is a Taylor Proto with a one off insert. Kinda looks like a Del Mar 3.5 with a slightly smaller profile. Smaller than my Maranello Tour as well. I didn't see a name or series stamped on the sole, but admittedly, I was not looking for it either. It is about 31 1/2" - 32" and also very heavy, probably 365g or more, due to the extra weight that was added during Tadd's last visit to see his instructor. I didn't get to roll any putts with it, but it felt very nice in the hands. I guess I should have taken pics of it :russian_roulette: , but it didn't cross my mind at the time. Interesting to see the old Burner with a TP-7X without the Burner graphics in his bag instead of the Tour Burner.

Congrats to Tadd on winning the Mid-Pac Open! :(

• 2 weeks later...

Congratulations to Tadd who's playing on the Japan Golf Tour this week in the Chunichi Crowns Tournament. I was following his round today and for awhile it got a little iffy with him shooting I believe +3 on the front but he ended up shooting 71. With yesterdays 69 he's at even par for the tournament. Looks like he made the cut pretty easily this time. He's tied at 37th place at even par with Craig Parry. Other notables playing are Shingo Katayama at -4 tied for 7th. Rory McIlroy at +2 tied for 53rd. The match up I was really looking forward to seeing...Ryo Ishikawa at +4 tied for 72. I'm not sure what the cut is going to be since there are a few who still need to finish, but I don't think Ryo will be seeing the weekend.

• 4 weeks later...

Well after Tadd finished up at 48th place in the Crowns, he made the cut again this week at the Munsingware Open KSB Cup. Tadd started the final round at -3 but ended up the day playing pretty badly and shooting an 80. He ended up at 65th out of 67 places. Although it was a lousy finish, it's nice to see him making some cuts for once.

Good job Tadd! :)

• 7 months later...
Reid.....Howzit!!??!!

This might have been brought up in one of the Sony threads this week, but it sure looked like Tadd was wearing a Yonex logo on his shirt yesterday. I thought when he first turned professional he signed with Taylor Made (deal could be expired).

What's the scoops?

Mike

Howzit Mike. Here's the link to Tadd at the Sony. It will probably explain more.

TADD SONY

Taylor Made was a great help to Tadd when he needed it but he never was on a signed contract with them. Yonex is now his sponsor. It's a great move for them since Tadd will probably be playing more often in Japan and Yonex already has the hottest golfer in Japan signed, Ryo Ishikawa another teen phenom but he's already won on the JPGA tour.

• 2 months later...

Okay..spent some time this evening with Tadd and his Mom. I along with Mach 1 and Xsfspeed got to hear all about the new equipment in his bag along with a lot of other tour gear he's been testing out.

Yonex is out. The driver was spinning too much for him and after trying many other brands, he's now got a "tour" only Adams Speedline. The bottom has a "Classic" stamp over the loft along with a different rear on the sole. He's also got Titleist XB Irons in the bag. After going to Sea Island and meeting with his Swing Coaches, they decided the sole on his Yonex irons weren't working well for him. He added the ZB's because the smaller sole gave him better contact on the ball. As I said in the Sony thread...he hasn't signed with anyone yet...but is thoroughly checking all types of equipment and really is attempting to get the clubs that work best for him. the problem is there are parts of some brands he likes and parts he doesn't like. He's trying to find a company that will fit his whole bag. He also had two super looking Camerons which I was able to photograph. Sorry...only iPhone was available.

Cameron Tour Proto 1

tadd7.jpg

tadd.jpg

tadd1.jpg

tadd4.jpg

Cameron Tour Proto 2

tadd2.jpg

tadd6.jpg

tadd5.jpg

Okay..spent some time this evening with Tadd and his Mom. I along with Mach 1 and Xsfspeed got to hear all about the new equipment in his bag along with a lot of other tour gear he's been testing out.

Yonex is out. The driver was spinning too much for him and after trying many other brands, he's not got a "tour" only Speedline. The bottom has a "Classic" stamp over the loft along with a different rear on the sole. He's also got Titleist ZB Irons in the bag. After going to Sea Island and meeting with his Swing Coaches, they decided the sole on his Yonex irons weren't working well for him. He added the ZB's because the smaller sole gave him better contact on the ball. As I said in the Sony thread...he hasn't signed with anyone yet...but is thoroughly checking all types of equipment and really is attempting to get the clubs that work best for him. the problem is there are parts of some brands he likes and parts he doesn't like. He's trying to find a company that will fit his whole bag. He also had two super looking Camerons which I was able to photograph. Sorry...only iPhone was available.

Cameron Tour Proto 1

tadd7.jpg

tadd.jpg

tadd1.jpg

tadd4.jpg

Cameron Tour Proto 2

tadd2.jpg

tadd6.jpg

tadd5.jpg

Great pics and info Reid, thanks for sharing! Those are some really nice putters, just like the straight shafted fastback in the background ;)

Are the new Chikara protos still in his bag?

LOL.....he didn't like my Fastback which prompted him to go to his car and bring out his two putters for me to ogle at! :man_in_love:

Tadd had actually returned with one of Carlton's v1.5 Protos that he was testing out as he gives really great and needed feedback to Carlton. Tadd's personal proto's have not been completed yet. It's a time consuming job considering the Hawaii/Japan production. I was lucky to be in the loop and have a set of pictures sent to me the other day. They really are super looking and I can't wait to see the finished product.

BTW...anyone want to know what Chikara Wedges look like straight from the forging house in Japan? Check out all those boxes with the little openings. They're all filled to the max with Chikara's all placed in bubble wrap pockets and then in their own individual cardboard holes. It's pretty damn impressive looking at boxes of them just laying all about after just arriving the day before and getting sorted out by Carl. ;)

• 2 months later...
Congrats to Tadd for winning the Maui Open. It is more amazing than usual as he played it blind. Never played the course before the tournament, no pro-am, no practice round. Must have been the inspiration of playing/demolishing Mr. Chikara and me on Thursday.

C'mon, share the scoops!!! How many strokes did Tadd give you and how much jing did he take you for???

Woo

Congrats to Tadd for winning the Maui Open. It is more amazing than usual as he played it blind. Never played the course before the tournament, no pro-am, no practice round. Must have been the inspiration of playing/demolishing Mr. Chikara and me on Thursday.

C'mon, share the scoops!!! How many strokes did Tadd give you and how much jing did he take you for???

Woo

Fortunately I am smart enough not to bet with pros. I hacked, but he shot a laid back 64.

• 9 months later...

Big thanks to the "[url="http://www.twitter.com/flagstick"]Flagstick Golf Magazine[/url]" for the twitter tip on this....Tadd's in the lead in Egolf Tour Morocco Classic

[url="http://tarheel.bluegolf.com/bluegolf/tarheel10/event/tarheel105/contest/1/leaderboard.htm"]Tournament Leaderboard[/url]

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

[quote name='monkutare' date='11 July 2010 - 07:59 AM' timestamp='1278871153' post='2568733']
just saw this thread. how's he doing?
[/quote]

He's currently 23 on the eGolf Tour money list with $24,026.52. The #1 player is Jason Kokrak with $97,708.31. [url="http://www.egolfprofessionaltour.com/"]http://www.egolfprofessionaltour.com/[/url]