2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

Stand Bags

costanza

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have an Ogio Edge, highly recommend that bag. Light comfortable straps, plenty of room, good solid design, and Ogio stands behind their products.

I just sold a one of a kind Wilson tour carry bag. It was gorgeous. Replace it with a Sun Mountain MPB. Nice looking bag, but really for the money, doesn't compare the the Ogio.

Titleist 917D3 9.5
Titleist 917F2 13.5d
Titleist 818H2 17d. hybrid
Mltizuno JPX-850 forged 4-pw
Scratch 8620 53d..
Odyssey white hot tour #2

Nike XTreme only weights 5 lbs and is very roomie and light. The Pro Combo from Nike is 5.5 lbs and has a 9.5 inch opening for the clubs.

Ogio's are great also but some can be heavy. The Vaporlite is very light and still has room.

TM SIM2 Max 10.5 UST V 2 
TM SIM Max 15 UST V2 66g
TM Stealth HL 17 Aldila RIP Alpha 6
TM Stealth UDI 19 UST V2
TM Stealth UDI 23 UST v2 
TM P790 6-PW Nippon Modus 3 105
TM MG 3 Black 50 Nippon Modus Tour WV115
TM MG Hi-Toe 3 RAW Wedge 54 Nippon Pro WV115
TM MG Hi-Toe 3 RAW Wedge 58 Nippon Pro Modus 105 T
TM TP Hydro Blast Bandon 3

I can't see enough good things about the Vaporlite. Under 4 lbs, has the Woode system and the newer ones have a water bottle holder. Only problem is sometimes the legs don't retract as fast as I would like them to. I think the Sun Mountain 3.5 is a good bag too (Titleist has a version of this same bag, I think), but in the end the Woode system was what did it for me. You can get them cheap off eBay - usually $60 including shipping.

If you want a really light bag, the Sun Mountain Mini is 2.5 lbs. I've been using a Jones Golf bag for years but, sadly, they have gone out of business.

I put 14 clubs in the 'Mini' yesterday at a golf equipment demo day. There are no club dividers, so the room is tight but it's the lightest quality bag I've demoed. I ordered one after being sure I could get all my clubs in there.

I just received my Sun Mountain Mini the other day. I carry 13 clubs. I can not believe how stupid light this thing is.

I don't think there is a problem taking clubs in and out at all.

Downside is that there isn't a bunch of room. I can carry my Sun Mountain Provisional rain gear, plenty of balls and tees. It does have a pocket for valuables and a beverage pocket.

Not to mention the Orange and Black look about fuggin awesome!!

Taylormade M1 8.5* Fujikura Speeder 553 Tour Spec
Tour Edge Exotics CB4 Tour 16.5* Aldila RIP Alpha
Titleist T200 4-7, T100s 8-PW KBS Tour
Scratch 8620 DD 47*, 53*, 60* Aerotech SF i110
Bettinardi Studio Stock 16

Can any of these bags carry a 32oz bottle of Poweraide or Gatoraide?

Driver: Callaway Epic Flash 10.5° Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black 6.5 70g 
3wd: Srixon F65 10.5° Aldila Rogue Silver 110 70g 
3h & 4h Srixon Z-U85 20° & 23° Recoil 95 F4
Irons: Titleist 620CB 5-pwTT AMT Tour White S300 
Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM8 50° 56° 60° KBS TT AMT Tour White S400, bent to 51° 55° 59°
Putter: Ping Redwood Anser 34" w/Element 29 from Putter Lounge & Carbon Ringo w/Misted Stainless Steel 
Grip: Lamkin UTx
Ball: Srixon Z-Star XV
Bag: Srixon Z Stand
Shoes: 6 adidas 2 Puma (diva golfer)

I have an Ogio Vision SS (shling system), and really like it. The Woode system works like a champ and the Shling "yoke" really fits me well (easy on/off, load dispersion, etc). One thing that is REALLY great about Ogio's bags is the oft-overlooked torq strap that keeps the bag from moving when strapped to a cart. Only problem with Ogio (aside from the polarizing opinions of the SS) is quality control can be spotty. The carry handle broke on my first bag, then the dividers and leg mechanism were loose on my second.

Also, based on a few of the reviews I've read, I ordered a Sun Mountain Mini from Morton Golf. I like to play a quick 9 holes after work in the morning, and like the idea of an untra-light bag. I'm more than mildly excited for this bag to come in. (cool)

:hi:

I bought one of the Sun Mountain Minis today while I was at my club hitting balls during my lunch break.

Like I said the in 'walkers only' thread, it is a tad crowded but it is crazy light. It weighs like 2 1/2 pounds empty. That's nuts.

More pics of my new quiver in my WITB.

I guess I will use my x66 as my cart bag from now on...... :drinks:

I have two bags, an Ogio Vaporlite and a Ping Hoofer. Both have pros and cons to them.

Ogio Vaporlite

PROS

I LOVE the woode system. Great organization of the clubs, every club is easily accessible and doesn't need to be searched for. Alot of pockets, almost too many! Light as well, pretty stylish, and can be had for a very reasonable price.

CONS

Legs don't redract fully to the side of the bag, so I have stumbled on them. Also, on extremely windy days, it has fallen over. Doesn't fair well if you decide to ride every now and then, it twists in the cart, doesn't stay put.

Ping Hoofer

PROS

Very cool looking bag, has my school name, my name and school colors on it. Used by most serious amateurs. Doesn't blow over in the wind because of the large "hoof" that keeps it on the ground, used it on a day with 60 mph wind gusts and it did not fall over. Good bag to use on carts if you ride every now and then, stays put.

CONS

Doesn't organize clubs well at all, shafts get tangled and getting your 8 iron out for the approach on 18 becomes a wrestling match to achomplish. Putting it back in is even worse. Not as many pockets as the Ogio, and the valuables pouch is tiny. Rain hood is hard to manuver around as well. A bit heavier than the Vaporlite.

Conclusion

If I was told I had to get rid of one bag, I'd get rid of the Hoofer. I'm a neat freak when it comes to how the clubs go into the bag, all of them must be in perfect order, and the Hoofer just makes that hard to do. Lack of compartments is also a minus for me. Vaporlite gets my vote.

[sign here]

I have an Ogio Vision SS (shling system), and really like it. The Woode system works like a champ and the Shling "yoke" really fits me well (easy on/off, load dispersion, etc). One thing that is REALLY great about Ogio's bags is the oft-overlooked torq strap that keeps the bag from moving when strapped to a cart. Only problem with Ogio (aside from the polarizing opinions of the SS) is quality control can be spotty. The carry handle broke on my first bag, then the dividers and leg mechanism were loose on my second.

Also, based on a few of the reviews I've read, I ordered a Sun Mountain Mini from Morton Golf. I like to play a quick 9 holes after work in the morning, and like the idea of an untra-light bag. I'm more than mildly excited for this bag to come in. :rolleyes:

I'm right with you on the Vision... its a heavy bag on the stat sheet, but the schling does such a nice job that it carries effortlessly.

The worst thing about the schling is that its tough to test out in the store... sure you can load it up with clubs and walk around the store, but you'll be looking for problems the entire time... I know I was. And when I actually bought it I still wasn't sure it was going to work out, it felt weird. The elegance of the design really hit me once I got it on the course. I was walking down the fairway and forgot I was carrying a bag.

I had the same problem with the lift handle, but ogio made good on it no problem... so kudo's to their customer service.

Bennington Lite Quiet Organizer

PROS:

1. Fairly cheap. You can get them on eBay for about $75-80.

2. Great organizing system. Each iron has its own compartment where it can not touch any of the other irons. You can walk an entire 18 without having to hear your irons "clanking" against each other the whole round. Plus, if you have forged irons this system will help keep them in better shape longer. There is also a seperate tube for your putter on the outside of the bag for easy convenience.

3. A lot of pockets.

CONS:

1. Can be a little heavy, but I have never really noticed a big difference compared to other bags I've owned.

Check them out. They don't get a whole lot of press, but it's a great bag. I love mine

QO-top.jpg

000401_LQ-th_002.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

How is this bag holding up?

I'm hearing the materials aren't great and as a result the bag's quality is so so.

Wondering what your experience has been like thus far.

Thanks.

Bennington Lite Quiet Organizer

PROS:

1. Fairly cheap. You can get them on eBay for about $75-80.

2. Great organizing system. Each iron has its own compartment where it can not touch any of the other irons. You can walk an entire 18 without having to hear your irons "clanking" against each other the whole round. Plus, if you have forged irons this system will help keep them in better shape longer. There is also a seperate tube for your putter on the outside of the bag for easy convenience.

3. A lot of pockets.

CONS:

1. Can be a little heavy, but I have never really noticed a big difference compared to other bags I've owned.

Check them out. They don't get a whole lot of press, but it's a great bag. I love mine

QO-top.jpg

000401_LQ-th_002.jpg

I'm in the market for a new stand bag I have a Titleist stand bag now and I have been walking a lot lately, and the bag just seems to get heavy. I like the bag haven't had any problems with it just gets heavy and I'm in fit college kid. I like the new Ogio Vaporlite styling I want something light and has a good club management system like the ogio or the mizuno any info. would be greatly appreciated.

When I walk, I want a bag as light and comfy as possible with a beverage pocket whose legs won't blow over.

I don't want to say it, but the Titleist X76 looks like the bag. (made by SM but has a more comfy harness system)

Also up there is the Mizuno Aerolite -- but and a big but -- no beverage pocket.

I am also looking at the SM SL 3.5 with the new Hugg System coming out next month.

Ogio Vaporlite is great except the legs don't retract well, they can hit your legs, and it blows over in a touch of wind. Ping? For serious players? Get serious -- the Hoofer Vantage is now over 5 lbs. The Vantage Team bag are lighter but you can't buy those at retail -- they are team bags from what I understand. The Craze Lite straps are questionnable and the legs will hit you. SM Mini? I want to see how many guys with them still say it's not too crowded in there after a couple of months - it looks like a Super Bowl Crowd when you pack 14 clubs in there.

Getting a good lite bag is tough.

Father, Wannabe Golfer, Novelist

• Ping G430 Max 9/TPT 19Hi @45.25
  • Ping G430 3 wd/TPT 19 Hi
  • Callaway Paradym 18 w/TPTGolf 18 Hi
  • Ping G430 4H & 5H w/TPTGolf Hybrid Shaft
  • Ping i230 6-PW Recoil Dart 90
  • Artisan 50, 55, 59 w/ Nippon 105 Wedge
  • Putter:  LAB Cobalt Blue DF3 w/TPT Shaft
  • Vessel Bag
  • ProV1x
  • Ping ChipR in messy or no turf conditions

PSA....Golf Galaxy is running a closeout on Callaway Chevron bags, very similar to the Warbird XTT. The bag is different in the 7-way top setup but aside from that it's pretty much the same bag. Now the best part.......$69.00 !!!! I wasn't even looking for a bag when I came across this but at that price can you really go wrong, even if it only lasts a couple of seasons? The store price was $99.00 but the internet site had $69.00 and the store honored the price.

Ping G 10.5* (Set to 11*)
Callaway RAZR 5 wood
Ping G 25 3 Hybrid
Ping G 25, 4 thru PW
Ping Glide SS 50* - 56* - 60*
Ping Zing 2, SuperStroke MidSlim

• 1 month later...
What changes did Ogio make in the Ozone 06 to Ozone 07? The 06 can be had for a lot cheaper just wandered doesn't look like anything dramatically different.

Don't know the difference actually. I'm waiting for my Ozone '07 from Edwin Watts right now and I couldn't see any difference from the pictures, except mine has the Chiaro/Argyle colour. THEN it is the coolest bag on earth=)

ozone_blue_500x500.jpg

I'm playing the Nike XTreme and it works pretty well. It's a light bag (5 lbs) with pretty sturdy legs. The "full length dividers" are not as nice as I'd like, the clubs can still move around on each row and the thin divider fabric stretches. With midsize grips I frequently have to rearrange clubs to get them to sit in nicely.

It does have huge pockets and two nice drink holders that can be accessed while moving. The large pocket in the back is a little bulky when you load into a cart, sometimes requires me to angle the bag so the clubs face forward. If you ride this might annoy you.

The straps are great.

Overall this is a pretty good bag.