2024 Rocket Mortgage Classic WITB Photos ×

Game Golf tracking system (merged)

[quote name='wetdogsmell' timestamp='1426194004' post='11130835']
How beneficial is it to accurately locate the pin placement? Would it make sense to stand over the hole for a final tag so you know where to mark it? You would obviously have to go through each hole and delete that last tag so it doesn't mess with your score/stats.
[/quote]

Right now it doesn't affect the stats, but I presume it will in the future. I keep track of my putting distances anyway, so it's just something else I do during post edit.

FWIW: GAMEgolf will always put the pin nearest your second tag on the green with a putter. So unless you 1-putt a lot it kinda does a good job that way, and you don't have to fuss with it. And for the 1-putt holes I always move the pin just to accurately reflect on my rounds when I go back to look at what shots I played on a certain course.

That's one of the many many useful advantages to this device is going back to how I played a hole previously and deciding which clubs to hit were right/wrong etc.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='RSinSG' timestamp='1425671222' post='11091549']
Just bought the GG system and am anxious to try it. I think I may have bought it too soon however, but being the impatient type of golfer I am I really don't care.

Speaking to a rep at GG I was told they have a new update due to be released this year. He couldn't tell me when, but probably several months. He also said there are some upgrades to the app due out soon.

I'm sure I'll like this version, and if for some reason I can't live without the newer release, that is what eBay and BST are for.
[/quote]

The unit will not be outdated because it's technology is pretty versatile. The firmware updates, and web cp updates, along with data translation and mobile app updates, it continues to improve! Glad you joined the GAMEgolf revolution!

Played my first round with it today. Sadly, I played like 10 lbs of dog crap but those rounds are bound to pop up. My first impression is this is a system I can really get useful information from. Second impression was I was surprised how short some of my "good" drives were, and how long I was hitting my mid-irons.

As far as future updates, the software certainly has room for improvements. Other tracking systems have more stats available which would be an easy upgrade. Also, a bluetooth upload option would be useful for when you're traveling and don't have a PC with you.

I'm looking forward to getting several (good) rounds in so I can get a better idea of what I need to be working on. Now if I can just ingrain the club tagging into my pre-shot routine. I missed a half dozen shots today and had to do some editing.

Ping G400 Max Ventus Blue TR

Ping G425 Tensi Orange 3W

Ping G30 5W Tensi Orange 5W

Ping G425 Hybrid Tensi Orange 4H

Ping G425 5-S Recoil 780 ES Smacwrap F4

Ping Glide LW

Bettinardi Studio 28cs

[quote name='RSinSG' timestamp='1426222679' post='11133885']
I saw that system but I don't think it's tournament legal.
[/quote]
I would say so too. Arccos writes on their website that their system isn't legal (currently), so I assume the same holds true for GolfTags. The US might be different but here in the UK club golfers will play in a lot of competitions. We have about 5 competitions at our club every week!
So for club golfers in the UK these systems that give you information during the round are basically useless.

For non-club golfers this might be different.

Btw. has anyone statistics on how many club-golfers vs. non-club golfers there in the UK and US?

I found one nice stat that shows that 2.65% of Surrey (the county where I live) is covered by golf courses. I guess you could say we are quite spoiled here with 141 golf courses for about 1 Million people in Surrey.

[quote name='krikro' timestamp='1426222356' post='11133869']
I never liked the idea of connecting GG to computed with USB cable. So I was waiting for Arccos to come up with a version for Android. But then I saw this video today - pretty much exactly what I want: [url="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGCWaY9fn1A."]https://www.youtube....?v=aGCWaY9fn1A.[/url] So I pulled the trigger - will post an update once I have a chance to try it.
[/quote]

Let us know how it works, phone over-heating, battery drain, easy to use, etc...

I like that the GG is it's own unit. I don't play golf with my smartphone in my pocket so I think this is a very small target demo who do.

[quote name='ParHunter' timestamp='1426253295' post='11135031']

I would say so too. Arccos writes on their website that their system isn't legal (currently), so I assume the same holds true for GolfTags. The US might be different but here in the UK club golfers will play in a lot of competitions. We have about 5 competitions at our club every week!
So for club golfers in the UK these systems that give you information during the round are basically useless.

[/quote]

Arccos will never be tourney legal because it gives the golfer stats, performance update during the round. Same reason GameGolf will probably never have an update to make it bluetooth enabled. GG wants people to be able to use it during tournament rounds (USGA tourneys, etc.). Arccos and GG are for two different types of customers, especially with the fact that you have to keep your phone in your pocket with Arccos.

[quote name='brtnsbs' timestamp='1426344874' post='11141769']
[quote name='ParHunter' timestamp='1426253295' post='11135031']

[/quote]

Arccos will never be tourney legal because it gives the golfer stats, performance update during the round. Same reason GameGolf will probably never have an update to make it bluetooth enabled. GG wants people to be able to use it during tournament rounds (USGA tourneys, etc.). Arccos and GG are for two different types of customers, especially with the fact that you have to keep your phone in your pocket with Arccos.
[/quote]

Actually I just read a blog post that Arccos brought out a 'Tournament App' which makes it legal for competitions.

I've got a couple rounds recorded and I don't think I'd change anything about the front end part of the system. The only snag I've had is the tag wouldn't get snug in my Super Stroke putter, but I figured it's because the grip is old so it was a great excuse to order a new grip.

Where the system can improve is to expand the use of the data that is already collected. Specifically it would be nice if you could see combined stats hole by hole. That way you could look at your last 10 rounds and see where you're losing strokes on the different holes.

(Apologies if this a repeat post. I read most of the thread but only briefly.)

Ping Glide LW

Bettinardi Studio 28cs

[quote name='RSinSG' timestamp='1426477207' post='11151067']
I've got a couple rounds recorded and I don't think I'd change anything about the front end part of the system. The only snag I've had is the tag wouldn't get snug in my Super Stroke putter, but I figured it's because the grip is old so it was a great excuse to order a new grip.

Where the system can improve is to expand the use of the data that is already collected. Specifically it would be nice if you could see combined stats hole by hole. That way you could look at your last 10 rounds and see where you're losing strokes on the different holes.

[/quote]

This is an option I'd like , be sure to put it on the official requests forum. Relating to this would be a way to print those holes to make a custom yardage book with your shots on it. Would be pretty nifty.

G425 Max 9*o w/ RIP Beta
TEE CBX19 16.5*
Sub70 699U 19.5*
P770 5-P
Exo #7

[quote name='RSinSG' timestamp='1426477207' post='11151067']

[/quote]
Just vote for it here:
http://myexperience.gamegolf.com/forums/236342-feature-requests/suggestions/6446030-advanced-course-hole-analysis

So I received my Golf Tags system today from Golf Pad. Already had their app before, so learning curve is pretty easy. Here's the picture of what the tag looks like on the club (hopefully attachment goes through). They are super light weight and they say there are no batteries to replace or recharge, which is a big plus. The set up was no problem - basically you screw a tag into each club. They are not club-specific. Then you scan a tag and get prompted to select the club. The whole thing took me like 5 minutes. I then started a round while in my garage and tested scanning the tags - so far so good. Obviously can't comment on battery life or accuracy just yet. One thing that was really cool is that it shows the club and the distance of the last shot right on my Pebble watch! I guess I won't need to pull the phone from my pocket at all during a round :-)

Really looking forward to play this week. I'll maybe try to do 9 holes tomorrow.

Hmm, attaching one more time....

[quote name='techjunkee' timestamp='1426605337' post='11159647']
krikro: You should start a new thread about Golf Tags with this post, or have the mods move it. That way fellas in here don't get confused between the systems, and we can learn more about your Golf Tag setup as time progresses. Thanks for the info.
[/quote]

Makes sense, thank you techjunkee. I should not have hijacked the GG thread :-)

[quote name='ParHunter' timestamp='1426495736' post='11151665']

Just vote for it here:
[url="http://myexperience.gamegolf.com/forums/236342-feature-requests/suggestions/6446030-advanced-course-hole-analysis"]http://myexperience....e-hole-analysis[/url]
[/quote]

Voted. Great minds think alike.

Ping Glide LW

Bettinardi Studio 28cs

I played a round this past weekend and it was surprisingly more accurate. I didn't have to adjust any of the tee or second shots. Still needed to adjust some pins and putts, but it was much better.

Callaway AI Smoke Max 11.5* Fujikura Ventus TR Red

Callaway Paradym 💎💎💎 15* Fujikura Ventus TR Red

Taylormade SIM DHY 19* Diamana Hybrid

Callaway Rogue ST Pro 5-PW Fujikura Axiom

Taylormade HiToe Bigfoot 52*/56*/60* Fujikura Pro

Odyssey AI-One Seven S

Callaway Chrome Tour X

WITB Link

[quote name='techjunkee' timestamp='1426605337' post='11159647']
krikro: You should start a new thread about Golf Tags with this post, or have the mods move it. That way fellas in here don't get confused between the systems, and we can learn more about your Golf Tag setup as time progresses. Thanks for the info.
[/quote]

^this

Callaway Epic MAX 10.5*
Callaway Mavrik MAX 15*
Taylor Made M4 19* & 22* hybrids
PING G410 5-U w/DG 105s 
Cleveland RTX 54* & 58*
Odyssey Stroke Lab Big Seven Toe Up vs MEZZ1 vs Seemore
Precision Pro Nx7 Pro, Garmin S60 (watch)

https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1580770/recaps-the-taylormade-twistfaceexperience-7-golfwrx-members-visit-the-kingdom-for-an-exclusive-m3/p1

I was happy to notice that I can now "unsign" a round and make changes--this was long overdue, in my opinion.

Now I'm anxiously waiting to see my estimated handicap show up, since we're entering tees and slope/ratings now.

Then maybe they'll get some kind of strokes gained implementation going. With warmer weather on the horizon for most of the golfing world, I'm hoping more updates will roll out soon...

[quote name='Papa Johick' timestamp='1426852310' post='11178577']
I'm really tempted to buy this again. I sold it because I needed money at the time. Just trying to find a deal.
[/quote]

I sold mine as well, for me it wasnt really going to tell me what I already don't know. Its a nice idea, but i just want to play, don't want to get too caught up in numbers. :)

TM Stealth 2+ 10.5deg Hzrdus Smoke 4G Black 60 6.0

Titleist TSi2 16.5deg Hzrdus Smoke Black 70 6.0

TM Stealth 2+ 3 Hybrid Project X Black 80 stiff

TM P770 5-AW DG 105 S300

TM MG4 54/58 DG 105 S300

SC Newport Select 34" (rotate them)

TM TP5X