Who belongs to the AJGA here?

GxgolferGxgolfer Site Founder & Co-OwnerSF Bay Area, CARules Official, Administrator Posts: 26,576 admin
Who belongs to the AJGA? Is it too competitive? What are the cost to play all your local events???
Before sending me a message for help, please look at the website support section:
Have a Ad/BST question, first look and post here:
BST AD Help
If you have a general help question, post here:
GolfWRX Website Help Desk

Comments

• GooseGoose Junior Mod Squad Posts: 1,270 ✭✭
    edited Nov 15, 2005 #2
    I ama memeber of the AJGA .... yes it is extremely competitive and to win you have to go LOW!!!!!! its really tough to contend. It a good challenge though which every golfer needs.

the costs are some what expensive for the AJGA but even more expensive for the IJGT and the FCWT sometimes tournament entry fees can run to $475...... thank god my parents are fully behind me!!!!!! or else i wouldnt be playing in them.
    PXG 0811X 10* w/ Tensei Blue 70TX<br />PXG 0341X 15* w/ Tensei Blue 70TX<br />PXG 0317 19* w/ Tensei Blue 80X<br />PXG 0311T 4-W w/ Nippon Modus 130X<br />PXG 0311 50*,55*,60* w/ Modus 130X<br />Scotty Cameron Circle T Newport 2
  • LegacyUserLegacyUser Guests Posts: 0
    I am thinking, the summer before my senior year in highschool I will start playing on the AJGA in as many events as possible. Maybe a few in this upcoming 06' season, but most likely, my game will not have the competitveness that it needs. I need my handicap to be about a +3 as well to even have a chance!
    I do the AJGA in the summer and the IJGT in the winter since I live in Illinois and it is hard to play in the winter here . My favorite tournament was in early march on the IJGT at the Greenbrier in West Virgina. It was amazing. And yes they are rediculously expensive but it is worth it if you want to get better.
  • Croonie15Croonie15 Members Posts: 528 ✭✭
    I'm a member. You'll have to qualify in order to play in the events. You can't just sign up and play, you have to earn your way into the events. Prices are very high, but the AJGA is the most reasonable compared to FCWT, IJGT, PJGT, etc.

Croonie
  • sync71sync71 Jr. Boomers Posts: 1,534
    I might try and get on the AJGA when Im around 16 or 17 but right now I know I wouldnt be able to get on it.
  • stickmanstickman Jr. Boomers Posts: 1,981
    I belong an im gonna play in some of the Nike ALLSTAR junior series (for kids 12-15) this year.
  • pgatompgatom Members Posts: 34
    stickman wrote on Nov 16 2005, 07:40 PM:
    I belong an im gonna play in some of the Nike ALLSTAR junior series (for kids 12-15) this year.
    »

i was a member for one season wen i was in arizona, i played in the tucson city championship cna came third, shooting level par, the winner was like 4 under for 2 rounds. i play off an american handicap of +3.4, i have calculated, its really tough
  • College GolferCollege Golfer Members Posts: 91
    I belong and my competitive AJGA career is coming to an end. Yes, these tournaments are expensive, but what you have to realize is that if you are good enough to compete, the payout in the end is worth it. If you play well in one or two tournaments, it will probably be enough to earn yourself a college golf scholarship. This scholarship in itself far outweighs the cost of these events.
  • golfer_juniorgolfer_junior Members Posts: 1,152
    I'll probly try to get on this next summer. Only time will tell though.
  • littleprov1xlittleprov1x Members Posts: 1,050 ✭✭
    Yeah I am in AJGA, agree with College golfer, if you play well, it pays off. The problem is, with half the field at par or better, it's tough to play well. IJGT i like a lot as well.
  • Ryno920Ryno920 Members Posts: 105
    I was just reading up on the AJGA website about some Srixon Qualifier to get into a tournament if you aren't a member. I was wondering if any of you guys had to go through the Qualifier, how much does it cost, and what kind of scores do you have to shoot in the qualifier to qualify?
  • rednumbers69rednumbers69 NW AZ player of the year 2007 Jr. Boomers Posts: 1,027
    im going to a qualifier in january
  • simmoboysimmoboy Members Posts: 777
    im a memeber but my A stands for australia but from the sounds of it our's is pritty similar to your's.
    Im in the first tee thing right now ($40 a year not bad). Im joing the AJGA before the 07 year so I can sharpen up and get some cash in the bank. Ive already broken 90 in 6 months of playing Ill take my chances image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
  • NCSU Wolfpack 10NCSU Wolfpack 10 Members Posts: 165
    edited Dec 29, 2005 #16
    I am an AJGA member and the tournaments are expensive. You are playing against the best juniors in the world. I won one last summer by shooting 220 for 3 days on a very tough track and won by 6. I am currently ranked 18th by AJGA rankings.

Adam
  • Missinglink08Missinglink08 Account Hold Posts: 375
    I am a Member of AJGA and this is a serious tour. You have to have the game just to be able to make it through the qualifers. The tournaments are set up prime for every tournament and if you want to play college golf this is a good place to start getting going.

MIKE
    Missinglink08 wrote on Dec 31 2005, 05&#58;29 PM:

I am a Member of AJGA and this is a serious tour. You have to have the game just to be able to make it through the qualifers. The tournaments are set up prime for every tournament and if you want to play college golf this is a good place to start getting going.

MIKE

Very true. The AJGA is the top golfers in the world. You better be able to play some serious tournament golf or you will not be able to hang with the competition. But if you would like to play college golf, this is the tour to play on and get your name out there.

Adam
  • GooseGoose Junior Mod Squad Posts: 1,270 ✭✭
    Ryno920 wrote on Nov 23 2005, 11&#58;35 PM:

I was just reading up on the AJGA website about some Srixon Qualifier to get into a tournament if you aren't a member. I was wondering if any of you guys had to go through the Qualifier, how much does it cost, and what kind of scores do you have to shoot in the qualifier to qualify?

Its almost impossible to get into the qualifiers if youre not a member. And if u manage to get into a qualifier as a non member m understanding is that you have to pay your membership fee before you can enter the tourney.

Goose image/drinks.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
    PXG 0811X 10* w/ Tensei Blue 70TX<br />PXG 0341X 15* w/ Tensei Blue 70TX<br />PXG 0317 19* w/ Tensei Blue 80X<br />PXG 0311T 4-W w/ Nippon Modus 130X<br />PXG 0311 50*,55*,60* w/ Modus 130X<br />Scotty Cameron Circle T Newport 2
  • Cameron Circle TCameron Circle T The Doc Junior Mod Squad Posts: 2,210 ✭✭
    I was a member, played in a few qualifiers and got into some of the tournaments. Just before I had to take about 6 and a half months off i played in a qualifier, had an injured shoulder but played anyways and shot like 3 over par, didnt qualify by like 5 shots. I was pretty happy with how i played considering after the 9th hole i had to stop hitting woods bc my arm just couldnt take the stress anymore, last tournament i played in a bit ago. had to take the time to heal and rehab etc. dont think ill join this year since im already set to go play college golf. probly just play the am qualifiers and some state ams and stuff like that just to play in a few things to get back into my competitive mindset but not worth the money for ajga this year.
  • tylerbrowder8-4tylerbrowder8-4 Members Posts: 1,186
    i will be a member in 06 and ijgt and will do some amature events
  • SCameron009SCameron009 ¡~WRX~! Members Posts: 1,783 ClubWRX
    Signed up for my membership yesterday, I will be playing in 5 events, 1 preseason, and then 4 Open Events. Sounds like a lot of fun, it will be good to get out there and play in some of the biggest junior events in the country. It seems as though the qualifiers, depending on the course you have to be right around 73-74 to be safe, some higher some lower. I am really looking forward to the Newport National tourney, by far my favorite New England course!

- Bryan
    clevelandballer1028 wrote on Feb 2 2006, 05&#58;43 PM:

Signed up for my membership yesterday, I will be playing in 5 events, 1 preseason, and then 4 Open Events. Sounds like a lot of fun, it will be good to get out there and play in some of the biggest junior events in the country. It seems as though the qualifiers, depending on the course you have to be right around 73-74 to be safe, some higher some lower. I am really looking forward to the Newport National tourney, by far my favorite New England course!

- Bryan

Good luck this summer Bryan.

Adam
  • SCameron009SCameron009 ¡~WRX~! Members Posts: 1,783 ClubWRX
    edited Feb 2, 2006 #24
    NCSU Wolfpack 10 wrote on Feb 2 2006, 07&#58;56 PM:

- Bryan

Adam

Thanks Adam, you as well, you have 4 big seasons ahead of you, congratulations on all of your success in junior golf. Certainly acheivements that any junior golfer could be envious of! I will defenitely be keeping up to date with you and the rest of the Wolfpack, best of luck this season and the many to follow image/drinks.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':cheesy:' />
    clevelandballer1028 wrote on Feb 2 2006, 08&#58;17 PM:

NCSU Wolfpack 10 wrote on Feb 2 2006, 07&#58;56 PM:

- Bryan

Adam

Thanks Adam, you as well, you have 4 big seasons ahead of you, congratulations on all of your success in junior golf. Certainly acheivements that any junior golfer could be envious of! I will defenitely be keeping up to date with you and the rest of the Wolfpack, best of luck this season and the many to follow image/drinks.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':drinks:' />

Thanks Bryan.
  • tylerbrowder8-4tylerbrowder8-4 Members Posts: 1,186
    money issues my parents arnt likein the prices bummer

image/cray.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

if my parents knew anything about golf

talking to my boss-pro about local tourdaments and am. events
  • VTHOKIESVTHOKIES Members Posts: 443
    tylerbrowder8-4 wrote on Feb 11 2006, 09&#58;14 PM:

Have you tried to get into the Scott Robertson Memorial Tournament @ Roanoke Country Club in Roanoke, VA. It is a great junior event with a lot of high ranked players that come in. I was a member at this course and it is amazing what some of the players shoot. It is not that easy of a track but they shoot lights out.
    Taylormade M1 9.5* Aldila Rogue Silver 70
    Titleist 915 Fd 15* Aldila Rogue Silver 70
    Callaway Apex Hybrids 20* & 23*
    Callaway Apex Pro 16 5-PW Project X
    Callaway MD3 54* & 58*
    Odyssey Versa 1
    VTHOKIES wrote on Feb 13 2006, 12&#58;44 PM:

Have you tried to get into the Scott Robertson Memorial Tournament @ Roanoke Country Club in Roanoke, VA. It is a great junior event with a lot of high ranked players that come in. I was a member at this course and it is amazing what some of the players shoot. It is not that easy of a track but they shoot lights out.

I was invited to play in that this year but cannot because of graduation. I hear the course is amazing.

Adam
  • weswes Members Posts: 1
    NCSU Wolfpack 10 wrote on Feb 13 2006, 08&#58;28 PM:

VTHOKIES wrote on Feb 13 2006, 12&#58;44 PM:

image/cray.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

I was invited to play in that this year but cannot because of graduation. I hear the course is amazing.

Adam
  • tmagfan2010tmagfan2010 Banned Posts: 676
    I was an AJGA member until i went to college now at Hofstra in NY.. I have mixed views on the whole thing the prices are sooo outrageous but its good competion except when the same ppl win all the big tournaments