LPGA/KLPGA/LET/JLPGA Golf Fashion - On-Course

Argonne69Argonne69 Members Posts: 19,931 ✭✭
Given that many tournament threads have included numerous golf fashion-related comments and photos over the years, and the fact that non-tournament photos are not allowed in the tournament threads, I thought I'd created a thread specifically for the purpose of posting/discussing the fashion of the ladies' tours.



As a reminder, the rules for the 'LPGA/Ladies Golf Talk' forum are:


"In LPGA forums, discussion must be golf and tournament related. Photos posted must be of golf courses or players playing or practicing golf. Posts in specific tournament threads must be related to the tournament itself. Photos of promotional events related to ongoing tournaments will also be permitted in these forums. Other photos (players vacationing, exercising, magazine photo shoots, etc. are for the 19th Hole Forum) will not be permitted in Tour Talk and LPGA forums."






Let's keep this PG, folks. Non-golf photos belong in the 19th hole.





I'll kick things off with a tip of the hat to one of the most fashionable ladies out there, Hee Young Park, aka The Rocket.



Hee+Young+Park+HSBC+Women+Champions+Day+Three+nHxEXFah_vol.jpg
«134567338

Comments

  • legitimategolflegitimategolf Fighting! Members Posts: 4,533 ✭✭
    Hmm. I can't ever look at her the same, for reasons I won't get into here. But even when I did crush on her I always suspected her of being colorblind. I feel like a lot of her outfits are inspired by the "Hot Dog on a Stick" motif.
  • Argonne69Argonne69 Members Posts: 19,931 ✭✭


    Hmm. I can't ever look at her the same, for reasons I won't get into here. But even when I did crush on her I always suspected her of being colorblind. I feel like a lot of her outfits are inspired by the "Hot Dog on a Stick" motif.




    She does strike out on occasion due to the mis-matched colors, but taken as a whole, her wardrobe is top notch.



    Hee+Young+Park+Kingsmill+Championship+Round+vIlHoj47Z97l.jpg Hee-Young-Park.jpg
  • Argonne69Argonne69 Members Posts: 19,931 ✭✭
    If we gave out an award for 'Best Skort Collection', or 'Best Dressed in a Polo', my nominee would be Pornanong. She has a unique look that's easy to spot from hundreds of yards away.



    Pornanong+Phatlum+Omega+Dubai+Ladies+Masters+RaiWnPTzpccl.jpg
  • Argonne69Argonne69 Members Posts: 19,931 ✭✭
    In the category of 'Best Knee Socks', I'll start by nominating Paula C.



    post-5624-0-44281500-1363381931.jpg
  • Argonne69Argonne69 Members Posts: 19,931 ✭✭
    Another stylish dresser is So Yeon Ryu. I wouldn't consider her a fashion trailblazer, but she rarely looks frumpy on the course. Not only does she dress impeccably, her on course demeanor makes her a pleasure to watch.





    Yeon+Ryu+CME+Group+Titleholders+Final+Round+CiDvIVw46BHl.jpg
  • Mr22puttMr22putt Banned Posts: 6,096 ✭✭
    Arg

    Are nicknames allowed in this thread? image/taunt.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':taunt:' />
  • Mr22puttMr22putt Banned Posts: 6,096 ✭✭
    edited May 5, 2015 #8


    Hmm. I can't ever look at her the same, for reasons I won't get into here. But even when I did crush on her I always suspected her of being colorblind. I feel like a lot of her outfits are inspired by the "Hot Dog on a Stick" motif.


    I'm gonna come to NYC and kick you in the n*** for a derogatory comment on The Rocket. image/taunt.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':taunt:' />

    Louis Castel...very niche and expensive French "Hot Dog on a Stick" apparel.



    Luv The Rocket.

    Park+Hee+Young+Sime+Darby+LPGA+Day+1+BUtGh_1tGzVl.jpg
  • Mr22puttMr22putt Banned Posts: 6,096 ✭✭
    edited May 5, 2015 #9
    My top fashion gals from the KLPGA

    Sharon

    shinae_e1_13_rd2blow.jpg



    Ha Neul (Sky) Kim

    haneul_edaily11_rd3smile.jpg
  • Mr22puttMr22putt Banned Posts: 6,096 ✭✭
    Argonne69 wrote:


    In the category of 'Best Knee Socks', I'll start by nominating Paula C.


    If Kaysquare would post a picture of herself playing golf in some knee highs...we could nominate one of our very own. image/taunt.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':taunt:' />
  • Argonne69Argonne69 Members Posts: 19,931 ✭✭
    Mr22putt wrote:


    Arg

    Are nicknames allowed in this thread? image/taunt.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':taunt:' />




    Yes, provided that the full name is included for the always welcome newcomers.
  • Mr22puttMr22putt Banned Posts: 6,096 ✭✭
    Argonne69 wrote:

    Mr22putt wrote:


    Arg

    Are nicknames allowed in this thread? image/taunt.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':taunt:' />




    Yes, provided that the full name is included for the always welcome newcomers.


    So some members have complained about using nicknames? image/taunt.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':taunt:' />
  • raholland71raholland71 Full cords, No gloves, Can't lose! Posts: 422 ✭✭
    Mr22putt wrote:
    Argonne69 wrote:

    Mr22putt wrote:


    Arg

    Are nicknames allowed in this thread? image/taunt.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':taunt:' />




    Yes, provided that the full name is included for the always welcome newcomers.


    So some members have complained about using nicknames? image/taunt.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':taunt:' />




    If they haven't yet, then I will. Granted I'm not as big of a fan as many of you are, but I do like to read the threads that a created on here, and the nicknames make it virtually impossible to have any clue what is being discussed
    WITB
    Titleist TS3 9.5*
    Titleist TS3 15*
    Titleist 818 H2 19*
    Miura CB57 4-6
    Miura MB001 7-PW
    Vokey SM7 Raw 52*
    Vokey V Grind 56*
    Vokey Low Bounce K 60*
    Scotty Cameron Newport Circle T
  • Argonne69Argonne69 Members Posts: 19,931 ✭✭
    No problem, Raholland. We'll try to be accommodating here. For example, one of just about everyone's favorites is Ai-chan, aka Ai Miyazato. She's a sweetheart on and off the course, and is well known for her super slow motion swing tempo, as well as her great collection of knee highs. image/swoon.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':swoon:' />



    Ai+Miyazato+CME+Group+Titleholders+Final+Round+2vnDEGNlQq0l.jpg
  • Argonne69Argonne69 Members Posts: 19,931 ✭✭
    There's not a lot I can say about Legs (aka Sandra Gal) fashion, except "Wow". Fashion-wise, she's best known for her short skorts, but she does mix it up quite a bit with the addition of shorts, leggings, and knee-high's,



    Sandra-Gal-2014-Sime-Darby-LPGA-Day-3-wdWaBHXqiTl.jpg



    Sandra+Gal+Kia+Classic+Final+Round+p3dAQjeHKLTl.jpg





    Sandra+Gal+KEB+HanaBank+Championship+Round+wMLKqx9P37Bl.jpg
  • KaysquareKaysquare Puppyluv Members Posts: 2,166 ✭✭
    Mr22putt wrote:

    Argonne69 wrote:


    In the category of 'Best Knee Socks', I'll start by nominating Paula C.


    If Kaysquare would post a picture of herself playing golf in some knee highs...we could nominate one of our very own. image/taunt.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':taunt:' />
    I got rid of my knee-high's when I was about 12.
  • Argonne69 wrote:


    No problem, Raholland. We'll try to be accommodating here. For example, one of just about everyone's favorites is Ai-chan, aka Ai Miyazato. She's a sweetheart on and off the course, and is well known for her super slow motion swing tempo, as well as her great collection of knee highs. image/swoon.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':swoon:' />


    I think calling someone by their first name shouldn't be considered a nickname...
  • Argonne69Argonne69 Members Posts: 19,931 ✭✭
    wasteland wrote:

    Argonne69 wrote:


    No problem, Raholland. We'll try to be accommodating here. For example, one of just about everyone's favorites is Ai-chan, aka Ai Miyazato. She's a sweetheart on and off the course, and is well known for her super slow motion swing tempo, as well as her great collection of knee highs. image/swoon.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':swoon:' />


    I think calling someone by their first name shouldn't be considered a nickname...




    Adding "-chan" to a name is an expression of endearment, and is often used for young women or children. Thus, Ai-chan could be considered a nickname.
  • Mr22puttMr22putt Banned Posts: 6,096 ✭✭
    Kaysquare wrote:

    Mr22putt wrote:

    Argonne69 wrote:


    In the category of 'Best Knee Socks', I'll start by nominating Paula C.


    If Kaysquare would post a picture of herself playing golf in some knee highs...we could nominate one of our very own. image/taunt.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':taunt:' />
    I got rid of my knee-high's when I was about 12.


    Then how about your short skorts? image/superman.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':superman:' />



    You should start hanging out with some of the Korean ladies at your club....I've seen my fair share of middle aged Korean ladies here in Van City wearing knee highs.
  • KaysquareKaysquare Puppyluv Members Posts: 2,166 ✭✭
    Mr22putt wrote:

    Kaysquare wrote:

    Mr22putt wrote:

    Argonne69 wrote:


    In the category of 'Best Knee Socks', I'll start by nominating Paula C.


    If Kaysquare would post a picture of herself playing golf in some knee highs...we could nominate one of our very own. image/taunt.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':taunt:' />
    I got rid of my knee-high's when I was about 12.


    Then how about your short skorts? image/superman.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':superman:' />



    You should start hanging out with some of the Korean ladies at your club....I've seen my fair share of middle aged Korean ladies here in Van City wearing knee highs.
    There are no Korean ladies playing at my club. We wear shorts, skorts, slacks, a few have worn leggings under skorts, but I've seen NO knee socks. We also have a dress code....shorts/skirts must be no shorter than mid-thigh. Most of the LPGA players couldn't pass that rule. image/taunt.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':taunt:' />
  • DavePelz4DavePelz4 A golf course in the Chicago area.ClubWRX Posts: 24,208 ClubWRX
    Kay you should offer the pic right after Putt posts a pic with him wearing his knee socks.
  • Argonne69Argonne69 Members Posts: 19,931 ✭✭
    edited May 6, 2015 #22
    DavePelz4 wrote:


    Kay you should offer the pic right after Putt posts a pic with him wearing his knee socks.




    Ugh. Not only would that be tasteless, it would be against the rules. Wow, I never thought I'd say this, but the rules do protect us. image/taunt.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':taunt:' />
  • Argonne69Argonne69 Members Posts: 19,931 ✭✭
    Kaysquare wrote:

    Mr22putt wrote:

    Kaysquare wrote:

    Mr22putt wrote:

    Argonne69 wrote:


    In the category of 'Best Knee Socks', I'll start by nominating Paula C.


    If Kaysquare would post a picture of herself playing golf in some knee highs...we could nominate one of our very own. image/taunt.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':taunt:' />
    I got rid of my knee-high's when I was about 12.


    Then how about your short skorts? image/superman.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':superman:' />



    You should start hanging out with some of the Korean ladies at your club....I've seen my fair share of middle aged Korean ladies here in Van City wearing knee highs.
    There are no Korean ladies playing at my club. We wear shorts, skorts, slacks, a few have worn leggings under skorts, but I've seen NO knee socks. We also have a dress code....shorts/skirts must be no shorter than mid-thigh. Most of the LPGA players couldn't pass that rule. image/taunt.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':taunt:' />




    I guess that's another reason I play mostly public courses. image/pimp.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':pimp:' />
  • Mr22puttMr22putt Banned Posts: 6,096 ✭✭
    Argonne69 wrote:

    DavePelz4 wrote:


    Kay you should offer the pic right after Putt posts a pic with him wearing his knee socks.




    Ugh. Not only would that be tasteless, it would be against the rules. Wow, I never thought I'd say this, but the rules do protect us. image/taunt.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':taunt:' />


    Yes....you also want to protect your eyes too.....a very ugly sight of The Smiling Buddha in knee highs.
  • Mr22puttMr22putt Banned Posts: 6,096 ✭✭
    Kaysquare wrote:


    There are no Korean ladies playing at my club. We wear shorts, skorts, slacks, a few have worn leggings under skorts, but I've seen NO knee socks. We also have a dress code....shorts/skirts must be no shorter than mid-thigh. Most of the LPGA players couldn't pass that rule. image/taunt.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':taunt:' />


    Kay:

    Problem solved....I PM'd Tesuque....he has agreed to drop off a nice selection of knee highs to your club's pro shop.....he got a great deal...so cost should not prevent you and your gal pals from buying a few.



    SMOKEHOUSE, LEGS and some Korean pros told Teseque of a great on-line retailer.

    www.kneehighs.com

    image/cheesy.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':cheesy:' />
  • rfarrell51rfarrell51 Posts: 1,344 ✭✭
    Callaway XR16 Fuji 60
    TM M2 3 wood
    King Cobra F6 5 wood
    Titleist 816 H1 21 hybrid
    Wilson Staff V6 Forged 5-GW
    Mizuno T7 56
    Evnroll ER1
  • KaysquareKaysquare Puppyluv Members Posts: 2,166 ✭✭
    Mr22putt wrote:

    Kaysquare wrote:


    There are no Korean ladies playing at my club. We wear shorts, skorts, slacks, a few have worn leggings under skorts, but I've seen NO knee socks. We also have a dress code....shorts/skirts must be no shorter than mid-thigh. Most of the LPGA players couldn't pass that rule. image/taunt.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':taunt:' />


    Kay:

    Problem solved....I PM'd Tesuque....he has agreed to drop off a nice selection of knee highs to your club's pro shop.....he got a great deal...so cost should not prevent you and your gal pals from buying a few.



    SMOKEHOUSE, LEGS and some Korean pros told Teseque of a great on-line retailer.

    www.kneehighs.com

    image/cheesy.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':cheesy:' />
    Knee highs would make some awful tan lines.
  • Argonne69Argonne69 Members Posts: 19,931 ✭✭
    OK, so which of the three Killer B's (Belen Mozo, Azahara Munoz, Beatrice Ricari) has the best wardrobe?





    Belen+Mozo+Safeway+Classic+Presented+Coca+OK6nlKsjiydl.jpg Azahara%20Munoz%20RR%20Donnelley%20LPGA%20Founders%20Cup%20fRHoQqFEFYPl.jpg imgb8691ddczik2zj.jpeg





    Generally speaking, I don't think any of the three really stand out. Aza and Belen both tend to favor polos and shorts. Beatrice has a bit more variety in the closet.
  • Mr22puttMr22putt Banned Posts: 6,096 ✭✭
    Kaysquare wrote:


    Knee highs would make some awful tan lines.


    Kay:

    The Korean ladies I played with and many KLPGA pro's wear pantyhose under their knee highs....no tan lines.

    Considering how much golf you play....I'm sure the tan lines around your ankles are very visible.



    Don't fight it...just wear it. image/taunt.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':taunt:' />
  • Mr22puttMr22putt Banned Posts: 6,096 ✭✭
    Argonne69 wrote:


    OK, so which of the three Killer B's (Belen Mozo, Azahara Munoz, Beatrice Ricari) has the best wardrobe?


    Great poll.



    IMO....SMOKEHOUSE wins....I've never seen Aza or Bea wear knee highs.....lol......Belen also has the best rack.

    But Bea might be the most stylish.

    Aza is a distant 3rd...Aza is too plain.....rarely wears a skort and always the same bland polo's.



    The LPGA is missing out by not reaching out to The Smiling Buddha to offer him the role of:

    VP, Fashion & Accessories.
  • Mr22puttMr22putt Banned Posts: 6,096 ✭✭
    rfarrell51 wrote:




    Headcover is Pororo....a Korean animated character.

    I've changed my avatar to include The Rocket and Pororo.

    HYP often wear an outfit with Pororo colors.

    Hee+Young+Park+HSBC+Women+Champions+Day+Three+nHxEXFah_vol.jpg
«134567338
Sign In or Register to comment.