Shag Bag, Whats in yours?

mjfornmjforn Members Posts: 212 ✭✭
I've slowly become a golf nut. So I was wondering what all of you put in the "Shag Bag"?

Is it what you normally play or just a bunch of lost and found balls. I carry 25 balls in mine and was geting different feed back from different brands. So I threw out the old and put in all new Ksigs since it's what I play.

image/golfer.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':golfer:' />
Matt

Callaway GBB Epic 9*

Callaway Rogue Graphite R-Flex 4-AW

Cleveland CBX 52*, 56*, 60*

Odyssey Works SS #1 Putter

Ammo:
K 3s
Titleist Tour Soft
Titliest NXT s
K Sigs (in the shag bag)

Comments

• third-times-a-charmthird-times-a-charm Members Posts: 1,548 ✭✭
    Bunch of lost and found to play with in the backyard...have dozens and dozens in a bucket at home.

In my actual golf bag I only carry about 10-12 spares of loose balls over my sleeves i bring with me to the course.
    Long Live Nike
  • JustsomeguyJustsomeguy Members Posts: 1,029 ✭✭
    I used to just use found balls, or my own that were otherwise retired. Lots of variety.

Found a good deal on some Maxfli Soft Fli in bright yellow. Good for the often crowded practice green bc of distinctive color and mark I use (red sharpie, multiple dots). And they're cheap so 2 dozen balls that never get played on the course weren't expensive at all.

Downside of using that setup is that these balls run out a lot more than my usual gamers, which are cheap urethanes. Not much spin at all.

Ideally, I'd have an entire 2dozen batch of my most preferred ball, and exclusively play those on the course as well (TP5!). But hey, I'm no millionaire!
    Cobra F9 10.5* Project X Evenflow Blue 65 - CAMO!
    Titleist 915F 15* Diamana S+ Blue 70, R
    Titleist 915H 20* Diamana S+ Blue 70, R
    Titleist 716 AP1 4-W52, Kuro Kage Tini 65, S
    Cleveland CBX, 56*/12, Rotex Graphite Wedge Flex
    Cleveland Smart Square Blade
  • Twism86Twism86 Members Posts: 414 ✭✭
    Basically balls that I dont play anymore. Ive stepped up to playing V1s or CS on the course so my practice balls are all the others or ones that are too scuffed to use.

Downside of using that setup is that these balls run out a lot more than my usual gamers, which are cheap urethanes. Not much spin at all.

I get what you mean, so what I do is when im practicing chipping I try to focus on where it lands as I know the better balls I actually game will stop a bit shorter (hopefully).
    TM AeroBurner 9.5*
    TM SpeedBlades 4-PW
    Odyssey White Hot RX #1
    A bunch of random wedges
  • JustsomeguyJustsomeguy Members Posts: 1,029 ✭✭
    Twism86 wrote:

Basically balls that I dont play anymore. Ive stepped up to playing V1s or CS on the course so my practice balls are all the others or ones that are too scuffed to use.

I get what you mean, so what I do is when im practicing chipping I try to focus on where it lands as I know the better balls I actually game will stop a bit shorter (hopefully).

Nailed it. Ditto. Hence my basket game, trying to chip into the range basket.
    Cobra F9 10.5* Project X Evenflow Blue 65 - CAMO!
    Titleist 915F 15* Diamana S+ Blue 70, R
    Titleist 915H 20* Diamana S+ Blue 70, R
    Titleist 716 AP1 4-W52, Kuro Kage Tini 65, S
    Cleveland CBX, 56*/12, Rotex Graphite Wedge Flex
    Cleveland Smart Square Blade
  • *T**T* Members Posts: 146
    Lightly used ProV1 and ProV1x balls that I take out of play and/or find when out of the course. Better to practice with the same balls you play with
    *T*
  • StanksStanks Everything I post is confrontational Members Posts: 1,282 ✭✭
    A lot of ProV1s, ProV1Xs, beat up TP5s / Xs. Lots of Top Flites have been showing up to with Wilson in there and very few Callaways.

Lucky thing is, my roommate and his dad play tennis which borders a Par 3 course by my house and they get stray balls all the time. Neither of them golf so they just collect and hand them over. It works out pretty well for me.

You get the occasional no name ball too. Pretty cool getting to hit some of the older stuff you don't see on the market any more.
  • MukkyMukky Members Posts: 363 ✭✭
  • flip flappyflip flappy Members Posts: 924 ✭✭
    My definition of a shag bag might be different that some. Mine is not really for chipping but for full shots. I have all kinds of balls in mine and have worn out 3 shag bags. Several years ago I bought like four 5 gallon buckets of balls off of Craigslist that a guy had picked up over the last few years. I have turned what used to be a cow pasture into a small range. I keep it mowed the same length as my yard. Amazing how many balls I have lost over the years out there but I have been known to hook several over the fence into my Uncle's horse pasture. The grass is a little greener (longer) on the other side of the fence.
    Ping G400 Max 10.5
    Cobra Baffler T Rail 3 wood
    Ping i-e1 4-U Nippon 105 Stiff
    Cleveland 588 RTX CB 52, 56&60
    Ping B65 Cadence
  • Jesse SanchezJesse Sanchez The Knife Members Posts: 278 ✭✭
    Filled with all Callaway, Chrome soft X and other Callway's from the past 3 years, The Shag Bag is my practice from 80 yrds in. Ball in play currently is 2018 CS & CSX.