Advice for playing Spyglass

Will be teeing it up at Spyglass next week, with a caddie. Anyone have any tips?

Comments

• sharkiesjsharkiesj Members Posts: 3,011 ✭✭
    Just keep in mind it plays about 300-400 yds longer than stayed yardage on the scorecard.
  • callawayjaycallawayjay Goofiest Left Handed Swing Ever Members Posts: 1,602 ✭✭
    What he said. That’s no joke. Don’t be a hero
  • dlygrissedlygrisse Members Posts: 13,225 ✭✭
    Play tees that are shorter than you are inclined to. The course is at sea level and plays long.

It is gorgeous, tough, but fair, listen to your caddie, don't feed the deer, and don't stress out, just enjoy the beauty and the course. Great experience.

FYI, most of the caddies I talked to when I played there said it was a better course than Pebble...I don't necessarily agree...but there aren't any bad holes at Spyglass, every hole is a good hole. Pebble has GREAT holes and average to boring holes.

have fun!!

Ping G400
    Callaway Epic Flash 3w, HW
    Ping G 4-U
    Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 54* SS, 58
    Odyssey Pro #1 black
    Jones Utility
    ECCO Biom Hybrid 3
  • wombat_vortexwombat_vortex Members Posts: 188 ✭✭
    dlygrisse wrote:

Play tees that are shorter than you are inclined to. The course is at sea level and plays long.

It is gorgeous, tough, but fair, listen to your caddie, don't feed the deer, and don't stress out, just enjoy the beauty and the course. Great experience.

FYI, most of the caddies I talked to when I played there said it was a better course than Pebble...I don't necessarily agree...but there aren't any bad holes at Spyglass, every hole is a good hole. Pebble has GREAT holes and average to boring holes.

have fun!!

I did Pebble back in January (NCGA discount), and I feel I need to do Spyglass now. Given what it costs for Pebble, I'm fine with having played it once and checked it off my list.
  • krtgolfingkrtgolfing Members Posts: 1,048 ✭✭
    Would distances be pretty similar from Charleston, SC to Pebble Beach, CA? Playing in September and trying to figure out what tees to play.
    Callaway Rogue Sub Zero Driver
    Taylor Made M2 3 Wood
    Taylor Made M2 3 Hybrid
    Taylor Made PSI 4 Iron - Approach Wedge
    Titleist Vokey SM5 54* & 60*
    Odyssey Works Red #1W S
  • farmerfarmer Members Posts: 7,897 ✭✭
    Charleston is much hotter, so heat and humidity might make a difference.
  • teeituphighteeituphigh Head Professional - Hastings Golf Club, NZ Members Posts: 1,205 ✭✭
    The par 3s are so SO good it is obscene. Keep right down the first!