OFFICIAL COBRA CONNECT TESTING THREAD

Comments

• thaarthaar Best 3-putter in town! Members Posts: 965 ✭✭
    Another cool thing about Arccos is its ability to display how you've played each hole over time. Definitely helpful if you tend to play the same course regularly. Here is a snapshot of the number one handicap hole on the course.

Huge thanks to Cobra and WRX!

Cobra F8+ 9.5* - Project X EvenFlow 65x
    Cobra F8 3/4w - Tour AD IZ-7s
    Cobra Utility 19.5* - Tensei Blue 80s
    Cobra 3/4h - SmacWrap 780 ES x
    Cobra Forged Tec Black - AMT x100
    Cobra King Wedges 50/54/58 versatile - AMT S400
    Edel E-1
  • J-TizzleJ-Tizzle Hello Members Posts: 3,392 ✭✭
    Olson12 wrote:

J-Tizzle wrote:

Olson12 wrote:

J-Tizzle wrote:

Olson12 wrote:

I'm going to Cobra to get fit on Saturday and can't wait! Are there any questions you guys would like answered? Anything specific you want me to hit and review?

Any of the Single Length stuff including the driving irons.

Still really interested in this, but don't think I'd ever try it unless I got the opportunity to be custom fit for all my iron/wedges.

I'm a huge driving iron fan so that is definitely on the todo list. I'm not sure how I feel about one length but will give it a shot for sure.

... ends up with the One Length driving iron!

Love it, so jelly you guys got to do this stuff. Keep us updated, sounds like such an awesome experience.

Right. I was pretty skeptical of the one length and actually found out a buddy of mine has been using them for a while. I was surprised how smooth it felt and easy to hit it was. While the rest of the clubs didn't work out for me but I was happy to put the utility in my bag.

So is the 5i the standard 7-8i length? or is it the same length as your longest iron in your bag?
    G400 8.5* - G400 14.5* - Baffler 19.5* - G410 23* - i500 5-U - Gorge Stealth 56* (@55*), 60* - BG F22
  • Olson12Olson12 ClubWRX Posts: 2,195 ClubWRX
    J-Tizzle wrote:

So is the 5i the standard 7-8i length? or is it the same length as your longest iron in your bag?

It is playing the same length as my 7 iron. So 1/2 inch over normal 7 iron length
    2017 M1 with Project X HZRDUS T1100
    Cobra F8+ 16* 4 wood with HZRDUS Black
    Cobra Oversized 19* Hybrid with HZRDUS Black
    Cobra ForgedTech 6-PW
    Ping Forged 50* 54* 60*
    Oddysey Exo #7
  • PapaJohickPapaJohick ShortKnocker Bombs Charleston, SCMembers Posts: 4,476 ✭✭
    thaar wrote:

Another cool thing about Arccos is its ability to display how you've played each hole over time. Definitely helpful if you tend to play the same course regularly. Here is a snapshot of the number one handicap hole on the course.

Im having trouble getting to that screen.... I can see my overall average scorecard for a course, but cannot figure out the breakdown of stats for individual holes like you did... is there a button some where?
    Forever Changing at this point.......
    thaar wrote:

Olson12 wrote:

King Forged Tech 6-PW with Nippon Modus 12x + ½ inch. Below is a screenshot of the trackman data. It’s labeled the IZ but these are the numbers from the Modus.

Did you guys talk about spin at all? I know the FTB's are stronger than traditional lofts, but your spin still seems kind of low for a 30* iron.

I have my fitting Friday morning...it can't come quick enough!!!

He wasn't worried about spin since we were using the low spine Bridgestone. I play a higher spinning ball so it will bet better. We mostly wanted to be able to stop the ball with Trajectory VS spin because I can always play a softer ball if needed.
    Cobra ForgedTech 6-PW
    Ping Forged 50* 54* 60*
    Oddysey Exo #7
    edited Jul 10, 2018 #37

thaar wrote:

Im having trouble getting to that screen.... I can see my overall average scorecard for a course, but cannot figure out the breakdown of stats for individual holes like you did... is there a button some where?

Click hole history to get to that screen

Edel E-1
    Olson12 wrote:

thaar wrote:

Olson12 wrote:

King Forged Tech 6-PW with Nippon Modus 12x + ½ inch. Below is a screenshot of the trackman data. It’s labeled the IZ but these are the numbers from the Modus.

Did you guys talk about spin at all? I know the FTB's are stronger than traditional lofts, but your spin still seems kind of low for a 30* iron.

He wasn't worried about spin since we were using the low spine Bridgestone. I play a higher spinning ball so it will bet better. We mostly wanted to be able to stop the ball with Trajectory VS spin because I can always play a softer ball if needed.

interesting points. you're a good player (relative to most people in golf and certainly compared to me haha), I know the better players and ball changes can be an issue. You think that would be hard for you if needed?

Olson12 wrote:

thaar wrote:

Olson12 wrote:

interesting points. you're a good player (relative to most people in golf and certainly compared to me haha), I know the better players and ball changes can be an issue. You think that would be hard for you if needed?

Not at all. I change balls every time there is a sale on some. Currently playing the $20 srixon balls amazon blew out last month.
    Cobra ForgedTech 6-PW
    Ping Forged 50* 54* 60*
    Oddysey Exo #7
    Olson12 wrote:

Olson12 wrote:

thaar wrote:

Olson12 wrote:

Not at all. I change balls every time there is a sale on some. Currently playing the $20 srixon balls amazon blew out last month.

nice!
    I forgot to add some details from my day. One of my favorite parts of the day was when Brandon let me hit some clubs created for tour players. I was able to hit some of the early prototype one length irons made for Bryson and also hit a 4 wood made for Rickie Fowler. The 4 wood was the D+ with Project X T1100 shaft in it. The head had 27grams of hotmelt and was cut super short, maybe 2 inches shorter than a normal 4 wood. Here are some more pictures from that day.
    Cobra ForgedTech 6-PW
    Ping Forged 50* 54* 60*
    Oddysey Exo #7
  • icemakricemakr Charter Members Posts: 523 ✭✭
    Forgot to add this screen shot of me hitting the One length 9 iron

Cobra King F9 SPEEDBACK 9(-1) 2KXV Blue<br />Cobra F9 Tour 15.5* Atmos<br />Ping g400 7w DVS 80<br />Cobra King oversize 21* hybrid<br />Cobra King Forged TEC black 6-GW Steelfiber i95<br />Cobra King Black 58*<br />Callaway 64*<br />Tour Issue 2ball<br /><br /> MELANOMA SURVIVOR "kids wear your sunscreen !!"<br />OG wrxer (check my member #)<br />
  • SalazarSalazar Members Posts: 162
    Solid write ups so far guys. Seems like it was well worth the trip to Cali for those that were able to make it.

Today is the day for me, I'll post the results tonight and get started on the write up.
    edited Jul 17, 2018 #44
    the new clubs are here

the new clubs are here

All paired up & ready for tomorrow’s maiden voyage

Post edited by Unknown User on
    Cobra King F9 SPEEDBACK 9(-1) 2KXV Blue<br />Cobra F9 Tour 15.5* Atmos<br />Ping g400 7w DVS 80<br />Cobra King oversize 21* hybrid<br />Cobra King Forged TEC black 6-GW Steelfiber i95<br />Cobra King Black 58*<br />Callaway 64*<br />Tour Issue 2ball<br /><br /> MELANOMA SURVIVOR "kids wear your sunscreen !!"<br />OG wrxer (check my member #)<br />
    edited Jul 18, 2018 #45
    Does anyone else find this information fascinating? 10 rounds of golf to yield these results.

I use my driver 79% of the time off the tee.

I use my 62* wedge 5 times per round.

I hit 47% of fairways with my driver (serious weakness)

I hit 59% of fairways with my 4W (avg 230y)

I hit the green almost 85% with my wedges

I hit the green less than 30% with my 5 & 6 iron

I hit the green the same percentage with my 3H and my 7i (granted fewer attempts with the 3H)

As you might expect the iron with the tightest dispersion is my 62*

Tied for 2nd in dispersion are my Pw and 3H

My 5,6 and 7 irons are almost the same distance (new Cobra F8 irons will cure that)
    Happy you got all your clubs Ice!

most of mine are backordered still image/sad.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':(' />

hopefully will be getting my driver/woods soon though.
    Received my driver, 3 wood, and 6 wood today. Super excited although the driver has the wrong shaft in it. Supposed to be 70s and it is the 60.... hopefully they can get that fixed for me as I did enjoy the 70.

This may mean I’m playing tomorrow haha.
    edited Jul 18, 2018 #48
    Been a good week lately! This past Friday, I flew to San Diego to get fit for my set of Cobra clubs. Brandon Dickinson fit me and he was awesome. Best fitting experience I’ve had to date – I’ve done Miles of Golf for my first set back in Michigan in college, GolfTec ~12yrs ago using a Mizuno fitting cart, D’Lance, and most recently Club Champion. Their setup is at Encinitas Ranch Golf Club at the back of the range. We first talked about my game, goals, reviewed some of my Arccos data, and talked about any interests/direction I had regarding clubs and overall setup. I let him know that I wanted to keep an open mind during the process, but wasn’t really interested in going the one length route since I really don’t practice aside from a few times early in the year. I did mention that I really liked the profile of the Forged Tours since they had a thinner topline than the Forged Tec Black (FTB).

Brandon had me warm up with the FTB with the Project X LZ 6.0, which is the current shaft I have in my Mizuno’s. They didn’t feel good or perform well for me at all, so I started the session fairly skeptical, thinking all of these people were full of it saying the FTB’s were amazing lol. After watching my swing and hearing my feedback, Brandon switched me into a Modus 120 shaft. The feel immediately got better and I was hopeful again! The Trackman data wasn’t quite what he was looking for overall – he was primarily looking at spin, launch angle, descent angle, grouping, smash factor, and of course distance; so we moved to a bunch of other shafts. I tried to go in blind as to not have any bias while I was hitting clubs, so I really don’t know all of the shafts I hit. I know I hit the Modus 120 and 130, Project X LZ 6.0 and 6.5, C-Taper Lite x-stiff, AMT 100x, and probably a couple others, but I wasn’t paying attention to what I was hitting at the time. As for heads, we primarily focused on the Forged Tour and FTB. We had a good setup with the Forged Tours, but Brandon believed we could get better numbers and take advantage of the better technology in the FTB. He kept making subtle tweaks here and there until we found the perfect combo – I started calling him the magician lol. At the end of the day, we went with FTB 5-PW with AMT X100 soft-stepped once 1.5* up with Lamkin Wrap Tec grips. I was pretty surprised that I was fit into an x-stiff shaft, albeit soft-stepped, but I couldn’t argue with the results. The irons simply felt amazing.

I won’t go into the details of the rest of the fitting for the rest of my bag since this is already pretty long, but it was awesome. Brandon is super knowledgeable and loves the challenge to find the perfect setup. We tried a bunch of different configurations trying to get everything dialed in. The rest of my bag looks like this:

Driver: F8+ w/ EvenFlow 65x tipped 1”

3/4 wood: F8 15.5* Draw w/ Tour AD IZ-7S tipped 1”

Driving iron: King Utility 18.5* w/ Tensei shaft (I can’t remember which one)

Hybrid: King OS 19* w/ UST SmacWrap 780ES F5

Irons: FTB 5-PW w/ AMT X100 soft-stepped 1x

Wedges: 52/54/58 w/ AMT S400

After we wrapped up, Brandon let me hit some of the setups Rickie and Bryson have and gave me a quick rundown of the tour truck. The one length is pretty cool overall. I hit the utility 3-iron one length. Setup like a 7i and make your normal swing. It was kind of a trip to see the ball come out so low when setting up like that, but obviously it makes sense.

After the fitting, I went to grab lunch, then had the pleasure of meeting Mike Yagley, who is the Sr Director of Innovation with Cobra Puma Golf. He gave me a really cool tour of CPG’s headquarters and chatted it up about their business and where they’re going. CPG is lucky to have Mike on their team – couldn’t be a nicer, more genuine guy, not to mention super smart. He was trying to setup a round of golf the next day, but that fell through unfortunately. Luckily for me though, him and a few others on the Cobra Connect/Arccos side, had a trip out here in Colorado so he invited me out for their presentation, lunch and a round at Fossil Trace. Great time for sure! I will say I was a bit surprised to see Mike (~6hcp) playing the F8’s as I’ve always understood them to be more of a GI club, but he absolutely killed it with them. He showed me his Arccos data and the gapping throughout his bag is spot on.

I have been really impressed with CPG thus far. They have a great product, and great people. I feel they were really smart to partner with Arccos too. It is an awesome tool for all golfers out there – those who want to endlessly mine data, those that want a quick snapshot of performance to help them make better course and club decisions, or for those that want to use the caddy feature to help them determine what club to hit while on the course.

I don’t know when I’ll get my clubs, but I know the FTB’s are back-ordered a bit. Hopefully I’ll get everything by the end of next week so I can get a couple rounds in with them before our club championship!

TL/DR? – Cobra Puma Golf is awesome, and the fitting was amazing! If you want to get fit for a set of clubs and can make the trip to San Diego, do it! Oh, and Arccos rocks too - great tool for sure!

Edit: And sorry for lack of pics. My phone decided to have charging issues the night before I left, so I was limping along until I could get it fixed. I needed it to navigate SD so I had to be careful on what to use the battery for.

Edel E-1
  • J-TizzleJ-Tizzle Hello Members Posts: 3,392 ✭✭

Received my driver, 3 wood, and 6 wood today. Super excited although the driver has the wrong shaft in it. Supposed to be 70s and it is the 60.... hopefully they can get that fixed for me as I did enjoy the 70.

This may mean I'm playing tomorrow haha.

I LOVE the look of those fairways.

I just got a F6 baffler and I've only hit it about 10 times and its probably my favorite club in my bag, so I'm eye balling all the Cobra stuff to try!
    G400 8.5* - G400 14.5* - Baffler 19.5* - G410 23* - i500 5-U - Gorge Stealth 56* (@55*), 60* - BG F22

This may mean I'm playing tomorrow haha.

I LOVE the look of those fairways.

I just got a F6 baffler and I've only hit it about 10 times and its probably my favorite club in my bag, so I'm eye balling all the Cobra stuff to try!

I enjoy the look as well and excite dro start getting some good use with them soon
  • gprubesgprubes twit: @shaeggy Members Posts: 813 ✭✭

This may mean I’m playing tomorrow haha.

Sweet looking sticks Papa!!!
    Taylormade M3 440 9* - Fuji Motore Tour Spec VC 6.2 S
    Ping G400 14.5* - Alta CB 75 S
    Honma TW737 18* - Vizard Type-Z 70 S
    Taylormade P790 4-PW - KBS C-Taper 120 S
    Titleist Vokey SM5 52.12F & 58.11
    Odyssey O-Works Black 1 Wide S w/Tour SNSR Contour Pro 140cc
    First round yesterday with my woods and wedges. The 5 utility one length will take some time to get used to but I hit some great shots yesterday with my new 4/5 wood and OS hybrid. Can't wait for the irons to get in soon.
    Cobra ForgedTech 6-PW
    Ping Forged 50* 54* 60*
    Oddysey Exo #7
    I had a first 9 with the woods. Some interesting thoughts.

Swing wasn’t great but I put a few good hits on the ball. Driver feels good for the most part. Nice feedback on where I hit it. When hit well it feels really good. Distance wise it was hard to compare to my normal spots as I wasn’t swinging super great today.

The tensei. So it is the 60 (waiting on the 70 to arrive) but I’m not a huge fan of it. I feel like I remember it feeling better when I was getting fit? The driver just seems alien to me at the moment haha. I think it certainly has something to do with the shaft though. Not feeling the head well enough. Also, I have been using a helium shaft in my callaway which is counterbalanced so that could explain the off feel as well. Also could be why my swing wasn’t on with the driver. Obviously 9 holes is not a good test but I’m usually pretty good at knowing whether or not something is right for me.

Fairway woods did ok as well. Feel is very different from my callaway xr16. The xr pops and has a ting to it. The cobras are like a wooden bat hitting it. Feedback to me isn’t as good as the driver or my cally 3 wood. ONLY hit a few shots with the 3 wood though and one with the 6 wood. The 6 wood performed on that shot. The 3 wood off the tee did what I wanted it to do and got a good distance on it. Off the turf, it is a lower flight than I am used to, but it is also lifted at 14.5. That may change if I can’t seem to get what I need to get out of it in terms of height/landing/etc.

Didn’t get to use my arccos though. Unfortunately, I forgot to plug my phone in last night and it was basically dead the whole round. Had to sit on the usb charger in the cart. Should be able to get a full 18 with arccos data soon though.
  • SalazarSalazar Members Posts: 162
    edited Jul 24, 2018 #54
    Sorry it took so long to get my write up done, got it all typed up and forgot to post it.

But Wow what a day it was! I was so excited I could barely sleep. Woke up two hours before my alarm went off, which is unusual because I love my sleep, sometimes a little too much. So I had breakfast and hung around until it was time to head to the course for my fitting at 7:30. I arrived at the Randolph driving range to see the Cobra tent already set up.

icemakr wrote:

That is a good read. Really like what they are doing with the awesome info being obtained through arccos.
    Very interesting read - really surprised at those distances though. I feel like they are way short, but I guess you can't argue with the data they've gathered. Perhaps it was supposed to be a 7h vs 7i comparison lol.

I am definitely excited to see more stuff like this from Arccos.

Edel E-1
    thaar wrote:

Very interesting read - really surprised at those distances though. I feel like they are way short, but I guess you can't argue with the data they've gathered. Perhaps it was supposed to be a 7h vs 7i comparison lol.

I am definitely excited to see more stuff like this from Arccos.

sorry not everybody is a bomber like you and the rest of this group... me sitting over here with measly 240 smart distance hahahaha

My avg 4 iron (or smart distance) currently is around 170 or so? although I know that when I put a good swing on it, it will go about 185ish? but like the data says, I don't hit it well enough often enough to play a 4 iron. Hence why I went with a 6 wood and a 4h in my new set. Should be able to hit it higher and more consistently to get appropriate yardage.
    lol, that wasn't meant to come off as a humble brag. I would have figured the guys with 0-5 handicaps would hit their 4i or 4h over 200yds.

And fwiw, your handicap is still better than mine, so I'll just go sit in the corner now! image/cray.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':cry:' />

On another note, I got a nice little surprise last night...

Edel E-1
  • EnjoiEnjoi Members Posts: 120 ✭✭
    Awesome posts guys, keep it up!

How are the wedges?!? They really look nice and would love to hear some feedback on them!
    Haven't had a chance to hit the new clubs yet since we've been getting bad storms in the evenings lately. I'll be sure to give my initial review of the clubs once I get a round in this Sunday. Hopefully it will be the entire set by then!

Edel E-1