PXG 0311 performance compared to I series

SwooshLT

Disregarding price, are the 0311 irons in the ballpark with i-series concerning launch, forgiveness and spin? I've hit the new i210 and just couldn't get over the ease of strike, launch and forgiveness.....

Gen 1 heroes program is how I'm leaning ....this is why the thread was created .... feedback please!

Ali Taylor Golf

Ping i500 vs PXG 0311P irons

DRIVERS (TBD):  PXG BLACK OPS TOUR 8*,  BLACK OPS TOUR 10.5*,  BLACK OPS STD 8*;  Vanquish 4TX / Diamana WB 53x / GD AD-VF 5s / Ventus TR Black 5x / HZRDUS G4 Black 6.0 / Kaili White, Blue, Red 60x / Tensei AV Raw White/Blue 65x / Diamana S+ 60x

FAIRWAYS:  TAYLORMADE STEALTH 2+ FAIRWAYS/HYBRIDS:  R13.5( FW Rocket TI), 12.8*, Kaili White/Blue 70X;  #3 FW, 15.0*, Kaili Blue 70X/Red 75X;  #4 FW TI, 16.6*, Kaili White 70TX;  #6 FW TI, 20.3*, Kaili White 80TX;  #3 HY 19.5*, Kaili White 90TX; #4 HY 22*, Kaili White 90X

PXG GEN5 0311X, Black Label Elite, 22*, Accra TZFive, 105DI, M5

PXG 0317T, Xtreme Dark, 4 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG  GEN0311XP, Double Black, 4 - LW, LAGP L Series, X

TAYLORMADE P7TW, 5 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy II Milled Wedges, Xtreme Dark, 54*/10, 56*/10, 58*/10, 62*/10; // LAGP L Series, S

SCOTTY CAMERON CONCEPT X 7.2 LTD,  LAGOLF P 135g shaft // LAGOLF BEL-AIR X Forged Carbon Putter // TOULON GARAGE - Austin Custom Rose Gold // STEWART GOLF Q Follow Electric Cart..Carbon // SKYCADDIE SX550 // COBALT Q6 Slope

No matter what kind of testing you do they are all pretty equal in terms of forgiveness, feel, distance as yes to some this brand or that brand may edge out the other but the same thing will always get mentioned, why would you pay 3X the price for the PXG over PING, Mizuno, Callaway or TM, seriously. It's for those who want something different than what anyone else has or can afford that's all there is about PXG. Every brand out there is pretty much max'ed out so don't be surprised if you don't find PXG leaps and bonds better than the other major brands out there. I'd like to know how may people spend $125 on an iron fitting or $250 plus on a complete set fitting and walk away keeping what they have. Once people commit to spend money on a fitting are not about to get talked out of not buying.

Driver: Cobra  50th Anniversary Edition Aerojet 10.5 w/Graphite Design Tour AD IZ4 

3W: Callaway  Paradym X 3w/ Graphite Design Tour AD CQ5  

5/7W: Callaway Paradym X / Project X Hzrdus Gen 4 silver 5.5

Irons:  Titleist T-350 w/Aerotech i80r

Wedges:  Cleveland RTX 6 ZipCore 48* and 54* w/Aerotech i95r

Putter:  ENVROLL E2 34" with Stability Fire shaft  w/ Oversize Black PURE grip (rotate) ODESSEY EYE TRAX 2-BALL w/BGT Stability Carbon 33" 2 Thumb OG Lite 31 black grip

No matter what kind of testing you do they are all pretty equal in terms of forgiveness, feel, distance as yes to some this brand or that brand may edge out the other but the same thing will always get mentioned, why would you pay 3X the price for the PXG over PING, Mizuno, Callaway or TM, seriously. It's for those who want something different than what anyone else has or can afford that's all there is about PXG. Every brand out there is pretty much max'ed out so don't be surprised if you don't find PXG leaps and bonds better than the other major brands out there. I'd like to know how may people spend $125 on an iron fitting or $250 plus on a complete set fitting and walk away keeping what they have. Once people commit to spend money on a fitting are not about to get talked out of not buying.

Typical PXG Hater post, first thing OP stated was "disregarding price". By now everyone on planet earth knows PXG's cost more so get over it. And what you decide to spend your money on has nothing to do with anyone else here, including myself.

Now back to the OP's question. Everything you asked is subjective based on a person's skill level and own senses. For me there wasn't a lot of difference, the GEN 1's did feel better to me and definitely look better. The Gen 2's feel even better than the Gen 1's if you ever decide to go that route.

Either way you can't go wrong, both are great sets of clubs and based on your hcp there probably won't be much difference in scores.

DRIVER -     PXG Black OPs Tour 1 - 8* | 🔥KHT AUTOFLEX SF505🔥   
2 WD -         PXG Gen 6  13* |  🔥KHT AUTOFLEX SF505🔥

2/3/4 Hybrids- PXG Gen 6 | Accra Tour 90i Stiff

IRONS -       PXG Gen 6 XP DOUBLE BLACK | MMT 80 Stiff                     
WEDGES -  PXG Sugar Daddy II 54*/13 and 58*/10 | MMT 80 Stiff  
GRIPS -       JUMBOMAX ULTRALIGHT 
PUTTER -   PXG Battle Ready Gunboat w/M16 Stability Shaft
BAG -           PXG Staff Bag

I did state that I'm getting these through the HEROES PROGRAM and I know my specs from trial, error, ping fit and hard work....I've done my research....the only thing was an inability to hit said PXG irons but if the similarities are there with I series at the SAME PRICE but forged heads and more softening material, I'll take the latter.

Typical PXG Hater post, first thing OP stated was "disregarding price". By now everyone on planet earth knows PXG's cost more so get over it. And what you decide to spend your money on has nothing to do with anyone else here, including myself.

Now back to the OP's question. Everything you asked is subjective based on a person's skill level and own senses. For me there wasn't a lot of difference, the GEN 1's did feel better to me and definitely look better. The Gen 2's feel even better than the Gen 1's if you ever decide to go that route.

Either way you can't go wrong, both are great sets of clubs and based on your hcp there probably won't be much difference in scores.

Thanks Spark! Going gen 1 based on heroes program and if they're remotely close or better then I'll be satisfied..... my game leans on iron play for scores....I'm not playing enough now to keep short game tidy, so hitting as many girs as possible is a necessity......added the confidence of launch ease with i210 or the like is also big in my eye..... so I'm figuring these should decrease scores by 4-7 shots per round ....maybe more.....I'm a 5hdcp now but when girs are around the 13 per rd mark , par is likely.

I picked up the 0341 3wood through the hero program and its a great club and I love it but really no better than my epic SZ 3 wood I had. It does feel better off the face than the epic but the performance was pretty much the same. Like you now though I’m really itching towards a new set of irons. I play the P770s now and really want the 0311t but never hit them nor even seen them in person. The irons through the hero program are cheaper than the 770s (even with my 15% discount at TM) so people can get the OPs question on price. If you are buying through the hero program you’re really not spending an arm and a leg

Thanks Spark! Going gen 1 based on heroes program and if they're remotely close or better then I'll be satisfied..... my game leans on iron play for scores....I'm not playing enough now to keep short game tidy, so hitting as many girs as possible is a necessity......added the confidence of launch ease with i210 or the like is also big in my eye..... so I'm figuring these should decrease scores by 4-7 shots per round ....maybe more.....I'm a 5hdcp now but when girs are around the 13 per rd mark , par is likely.

You won't regret getting the PXG's, and as an added bonus you're getting them through the HEROS's program. And by the way thank you for your service!!!!!!!!

I picked up the 0341 3wood through the hero program and its a great club and I love it but really no better than my epic SZ 3 wood I had. It does feel better off the face than the epic but the performance was pretty much the same. Like you now though I’m really itching towards a new set of irons. I play the P770s now and really want the 0311t but never hit them nor even seen them in person. The irons through the hero program are cheaper than the 770s (even with my 15% discount at TM) so people can get the OPs question on price. If you are buying through the hero program you’re really not spending an arm and a leg

I have the driver and used to have the 3wd as well. Honestly the PXG woods pale in comparison to their irons. The woods aren't any better or worse in feel, distance and forgiveness than the other OEM's.

Were you not paying attention to what I said, apparently not. There was nothing said that made it sound as if I was a PXG Hater now was there. I've never seen more people try to defend their purchase when someone does mention their cost. We all know they are expensive but I don't care how you or anyone else out there spends their money. I really wasn't that impressed with them as I know maybe I needed to play several rounds with them as I only hit a friends on a few holes as he even said he's glad he still kept his Mizuno's, so don't fool yourself by saying they are leaps and bounds better than their competition as that would only make it sound like your trying to justify the cost. So let's be real and quite accusing people of being PXG Haters especially when or if they mention how much they cost.

Driver: Cobra  50th Anniversary Edition Aerojet 10.5 w/Graphite Design Tour AD IZ4 

Putter:  ENVROLL E2 34" with Stability Fire shaft  w/ Oversize Black PURE grip (rotate) ODESSEY EYE TRAX 2-BALL w/BGT Stability Carbon 33" 2 Thumb OG Lite 31 black grip

Were you not paying attention to what I said, apparently not. There was nothing said that made it sound as if I was a PXG Hater now was there. I've never seen more people try to defend their purchase when someone does mention their cost. We all know they are expensive but I don't care how you or anyone else out there spends their money. I really wasn't that impressed with them as I know maybe I needed to play several rounds with them as I only hit a friends on a few holes as he even said he's glad he still kept his Mizuno's, so don't fool yourself by saying they are leaps and bounds better than their competition as that would only make it sound like your trying to justify the cost. So let's be real and quite accusing people of being PXG Haters especially when or if they mention how much they cost.

I also served in the military with the 1/75th Infantry Airborne Rangers and if I were to use the Hero's program I would want the newest equipment that just came out not something that is already being replaced by something newer and better. Whatever it takes for people to be able to afford a set of PXG's than go for it thru this program but if Bob really cared he would offer that program for anything that has PXG stamped on it.

If the hybrids are discounted, check them out - best hybrid I've hit in terms of being neutral, forgiveness, and flight - with the shaft that fits you - hot, thin face - I play the original.

Father, Wannabe Golfer, Novelist

• Ping G430 Max 9/TPT 19Hi Golf Shaft @45 in. (coming soon)
  • Ping G430 3 wd/TPT 19 Hi
  • Callaway Paradym 18/ TPT Golf 18 Hi
  • Ping G430 4H/TPT Golf
  • Ping i230 5-PW Recoil Dart 90
  • Artisan 50, 55, 59 or Ping Glide Forged Pro, Both with Nippon 105 
  • Putter:  LAB DF3 TPT Shaft (waiting)
  • Vessel Bag
  • ProV1x
  • Ping ChipR in messy or no turf conditions

I also served in the military with the 1/75th Infantry Airborne Rangers and if I were to use the Hero's program I would want the newest equipment that just came out not something that is already being replaced by something newer and better. Whatever it takes for people to be able to afford a set of PXG's than go for it thru this program but if Bob really cared he would offer that program for anything that has PXG stamped on it.

But now you sound greedy......just because there is a newer model, doesn't mean gen 1 is horrible or unplayable.....and to add, you NOW sound like a hater with this statement

But now you sound greedy......just because there is a newer model, doesn't mean gen 1 is horrible or unplayable.....and to add, you NOW sound like a hater with this statement

First off, thank you as well for your service. Anyone serving our country in any form or fashion deserves a huge thank you from everyone.

Now back to subject of this post. He is he just can't admit it. lot of negative comments on several PXG threads, typically about price.

I'm just saying why can't the Snake Oil Salesman offer the Hero's program for anything that has the PXG stamped on it. But everyone who has switched from the Gen 1's to the 2 swears just how much better they are, seriously, !st you accused people as being PXG haters and now you think we are just greedy because we want the Hero's program available for all PXG equipment.

Yes.....if a guy is selling equipment at 350 per head yet reduces it to 125 per , a 65% savings, why can't that be appreciated rather than complain about the newest model being discounted? I agree that 350 per club is an astronomical amount for golf equipment and I didn't think I'd own pxg due to that...but if quality is there, stated value is at the beholder...

Small example....looking for over the ear headphones....after stopping into local best buy and testing headphones in all price brackets, I could hear the difference clearly from the $500 B&O to the entry level jvc or sony....I did research and found monster inspiration headphones....circa 2012 that rated higher than beats by Dre for sound quality and comfort....new in 2012 they sold for 299 or 349 for ANC (active noise cancelling) I found this set on ebay new in original packaging for 75 shipped! Does that change the performance? Certainly not....now would have expected to pay 100 bucks in 2013 for these? No as the market dictated a 300 price tag....

Gen 1 is now 3yrs and we're getting them at an apparent discount....I'm not snearing at this....

You can choose otherwise

Yes.....if a guy is selling equipment at 350 per head yet reduces it to 125 per , a 65% savings, why can't that be appreciated rather than complain about the newest model being discounted? I agree that 350 per club is an astronomical amount for golf equipment and I didn't think I'd own pxg due to that...but if quality is there, stated value is at the beholder...

Small example....looking for over the ear headphones....after stopping into local best buy and testing headphones in all price brackets, I could hear the difference clearly from the $500 B&O to the entry level jvc or sony....I did research and found monster inspiration headphones....circa 2012 that rated higher than beats by Dre for sound quality and comfort....new in 2012 they sold for 299 or 349 for ANC (active noise cancelling) I found this set on ebay new in original packaging for 75 shipped! Does that change the performance? Certainly not....now would have expected to pay 100 bucks in 2013 for these? No as the market dictated a 300 price tag....

Gen 1 is now 3yrs and we're getting them at an apparent discount....I'm not snearing at this....

You can choose otherwise

Watches, headphones, AV equipment, automobiles etc... are not the same as I've heard all the comparisons out there and I'm sure you have too. PXG would be in my top 4 but to say they are 3X worth the cost over your other leading brands out there is crazy as yes this time I'm mentioning the price only because yes they are every bit as nice as TM, Callaway, PING, Mizuno's not leaps and bounds better. I've spent over a grand easily for JDM drivers and yes the Ryoma's woods are top quality better than OEM equipment but performance wise I will just stick with my TM M3 only because I found a perfect shaft for my swing. At least I had the chance to go that route so when it comes to performance I now chose to buy the best bang for my buck now. Now if you want to talk AV equipment we can talk as I'm sure others I'm sure think I'm nuts for spending so much. I think you misread what I stated in my post and wanted to defend your purchase when I don't care how people spend there money. Glad your enjoying your PXGs and I hope they don't fade away like Nike did because of Bob's greed

If the hybrids are discounted, check them out - best hybrid I've hit in terms of being neutral, forgiveness, and flight - with the shaft that fits you - hot, thin face - I play the original.

What shaft do you play? I'm not a hybrid guy

I did not have much success with hybrids until I found the right shaft in this head - remember, I am older, need launch and easy high flight to allow the club to do the work - so I went with Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro Red 70.

Oh, and to add to some of the posts above, apparently a lot of people have hit both Gen 1 and Gen 2 and don't see a discernible difference from the reviews I've read. Some get a couple of more yards, less than a handful. Try both.

• Ping G430 4H/TPT Golf
  • Vessel Bag
  • ProV1x

You can choose otherwise

Watches, headphones, AV equipment, automobiles etc... are not the same as I've heard all the comparisons out there and I'm sure you have too. PXG would be in my top 4 but to say they are 3X worth the cost over your other leading brands out there is crazy as yes this time I'm mentioning the price only because yes they are every bit as nice as TM, Callaway, PING, Mizuno's not leaps and bounds better. I've spent over a grand easily for JDM drivers and yes the Ryoma's woods are top quality better than OEM equipment but performance wise I will just stick with my TM M3 only because I found a perfect shaft for my swing. At least I had the chance to go that route so when it comes to performance I now chose to buy the best bang for my buck now. Now if you want to talk AV equipment we can talk as I'm sure others I'm sure think I'm nuts for spending so much. I think you misread what I stated in my post and wanted to defend your purchase when I don't care how people spend there money. Glad your enjoying your PXGs and I hope they don't fade away like Nike did because of Bob's greed

Not defending my purchase just not ragging on Parsons for offering gen 1 only ....you stated that he should offer anything with pxg to the heroes program.....I'll bide my time as to when gen 2 is available and appreciate getting gear that while we agree was overpriced....is still high quality at a fair market price now, that's all....also I'm actually split between pxg and ping as the i210 has me smitten....enjoyed the demo moments I've had on course with the 7i!

I did not have much success with hybrids until I found the right shaft in this head - remember, I am older, need launch and easy high flight to allow the club to do the work - so I went with Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro Red 70.

Oh, and to add to some of the posts above, apparently a lot of people have hit both Gen 1 and Gen 2 and don't see a discernible difference from the reviews I've read. Some get a couple of more yards, less than a handful. Try both.

Well I'm not young hitting 53 in a month .....speed loss has been significant going to 145yd 7i from 170yds.....launch is needed and I fear hybrids and fairways alike....I'm called a worm killer with current trajectory hoping pxg or ping i210 gives me that window I'm looking for consistently....tensei pro red....significant upcharge?

Well I'm not young hitting 53 in a month .....speed loss has been significant going to 145yd 7i from 170yds.....launch is needed and I fear hybrids and fairways alike....I'm called a worm killer with current trajectory hoping pxg or ping i210 gives me that window I'm looking for consistently....tensei pro red....significant upcharge?

Tensei CK Pro Red 70 - the shaft itself is about $145. As to upcharge, I have no idea. I purchased my original PXG hybrids from an independent fitter. I was fitted to a shaft that does not fit me now - 50g Bassara - smooth high launcher but now too light

• Ping G430 4H/TPT Golf
  • Vessel Bag
  • ProV1x

Tensei CK Pro Red 70 - the shaft itself is about $145. As to upcharge, I have no idea. I purchased my original PXG hybrids from an independent fitter. I was fitted to a shaft that does not fit me now - 50g Bassara - smooth high launcher but now too light

Ok thanks..... I'll check options on site....that, wedges and mustang putter are items I'd like to add in bag

Exactly all of the OME'S are all pretty much the same save the cash and take a golfing trip you will enjoy that much more

My only suggestion is to get properly fitted for the PXG's, make sure it is at the facility in AZ or by a PXG mobile fitter. I have had friends that have done with someone outside PXG and ended up having to fix the setup.

I did mine at the facility and it was the most unreal experience in club fitting, especially when Bob shows up in your hitting bay!

Enjoy them!

My only suggestion is to get properly fitted for the PXG's, make sure it is at the facility in AZ or by a PXG mobile fitter. I have had friends that have done with someone outside PXG and ended up having to fix the setup.

I did mine at the facility and it was the most unreal experience in club fitting, especially when Bob shows up in your hitting bay!

Enjoy them!

What did you end up getting?

Enjoy them!

Contrary to what people think, I got a piece of paper that had my specs they we spent 2 hours getting. I did pay for the fitting which was fine it was well worth it for the experience. I din't have the piggy bank up to full yet so I had to wait. He said there are plenty of people that order one or two clubs at a time and they were cool with that process. It is possible to not drop a ton of cash.

I ended up a month later ordering the 0311 Darkness 5-PW, and a month later ordering the 0311 wedges, 52,56,60. I waited for the new driver to come out on Mr. Parson's advice, he came out and let me hit a prototype of it and said to wait. I got the Driver and 3 wood when the new ones came out. Since I have added the 4 driving iron. The 3 wood and driving iron are unreal clubs, I guard them with my life. I am going to get a 3 driving iron next and get rid of the other hybrid.

E

Enjoy them!

Contrary to what people think, I got a piece of paper that had my specs they we spent 2 hours getting. I did pay for the fitting which was fine it was well worth it for the experience. I din't have the piggy bank up to full yet so I had to wait. He said there are plenty of people that order one or two clubs at a time and they were cool with that process. It is possible to not drop a ton of cash.

I ended up a month later ordering the 0311 Darkness 5-PW, and a month later ordering the 0311 wedges, 52,56,60. I waited for the new driver to come out on Mr. Parson's advice, he came out and let me hit a prototype of it and said to wait. I got the Driver and 3 wood when the new ones came out. Since I have added the 4 driving iron. The 3 wood and driving iron are unreal clubs, I guard them with my life. I am going to get a 3 driving iron next and get rid of the other hybrid.

E

I'm not that versed yet PXG-nese....the driving irons are the 0311X ? And which driver/fairway combo 0811XX or XXF ?

Enjoy them!

E

I'm not that versed yet PXG-nese....the driving irons are the 0311X ? And which driver/fairway combo 0811XX or XXF ?

The 0341x 3wd and the 0311x Driving Iron Gen 1