ANNOUNCEMENT:
Please have patience. We understand that this sucks and it will get MUCH better.

Link to full post HERE
Please add any bugs (problems) with new software in the Website Help Forum. There is a dedicated thread HERE.

ShipSticks - Shipping A Hard Case

I'm thinking about shipping my clubs for an upcoming vacation via ShipSticks and was wondering about other member experiences using them.

Additionally, I have a hard travel case and it looks like you can ship directly in that with the label attached--has anyone gone this route or always boxed their bag up?

Thanks for any feedback.
TaylorMade M2 (2016) • 10.5°
TaylorMade M2 (2016) • 15°
TaylorMade M1 Hybrid (2016)
• 19°
TaylorMade M1 • 4-5 • Nippon NS Pro 980
TaylorMade P790 • 6-PW • Nippon NS Pro Modus 105
TaylorMade Milled Grind Antique Bronze • 52° • True Temper Dynamic Gold

TaylorMade Milled Grind Antique Bronze • 56° • True Temper Dynamic Gold
TaylorMade Tour Spider 'DJ'

Vice Pro - KSig - Srixon Z Star

Comments

• P.J.P.J. Members Posts: 14 ✭✭
    Shipped a hard case from Kentucky to St Andrews. Put the sticker right on the case. Had no issue at all. My bag was waiting for me at the hotel
    Ping G400 9.5* w/ Project X Hzrdus Yellow
    Ping G SFT 16* w/ Aldila Rip Phenom 80s
    Ping i20 20* w/ Aldila Rip Alpha 85s
    Ping S55 4-PW w/DG X100 AMT
    Ping Glide 50*, 54*, 58* w/DG X100
    Odyssey #7 Tank
  • krtgolfingkrtgolfing Advanced Members Posts: 1,038 ✭✭
    I used Shipsticks on the way out to Monterey and my clubs were at Pasatiempo when I arrived. No issues whatsoever. On the way home I just loaded them with my luggage on the flight home.
    Callaway Rogue Sub Zero Driver
    Taylor Made M2 3 Wood
    Taylor Made M2 3 Hybrid
    Taylor Made PSI 4 Iron - Approach Wedge
    Titleist Vokey SM5 54* & 60*
    Odyssey Works Red #1W S
  • nickersonnickerson Advanced Members Posts: 81
    P.J. wrote:

Shipped a hard case from Kentucky to St Andrews. Put the sticker right on the case. Had no issue at all. My bag was waiting for me at the hotel

Thanks for the info. I’m worried about a label ripping off the case in transit (I’ve found mailing tape doesn’t adhere to the plastic well). Did you put it in one of the FedEx pouches?
    • 19°

• zeetozeeto Members Posts: 15 ✭✭
    edited February 28
    nickerson wrote:

P.J. wrote:

Thanks for the info. I'm worried about a label ripping off the case in transit (I've found mailing tape doesn't adhere to the plastic well). Did you put it in one of the FedEx pouches?
    I used one of FedEx's "luggage tags" and just taped the shipping label to that, when I shipped my clubs down to FL a couple months ago. They're that plastic-ish material that doesn't tear easily at all (I tried).
  • dcmidnightdcmidnight Marshals, BST Volunteer Mods Posts: 11,489 mod
    nickerson wrote:

Thanks for the info. I'm worried about a label ripping off the case in transit (I've found mailing tape doesn't adhere to the plastic well). Did you put it in one of the FedEx pouches?

Yeah I have an SKB case thats already covered in stickers - and I know some of them dont adhere well. So I'd definitely recommend using one of the FedEx tags.
    M3 10.5 - AD-DI6x Black
    M4 3W - AD-DI6s Black
    Epic 3h - GD Tour ADs / Epic 3i - Steelfiber 95 s
    M3 5h - Atmos Red s
    TM M5 6-AW Steelfiber 95 s
    TM Milled Grind 54* / Hi Toe 60*
    Toulon Indy 35" / TM TP5
  • nickersonnickerson Advanced Members Posts: 81
    edited February 28
    dcmidnight wrote:

nickerson wrote:

Yeah I have an SKB case thats already covered in stickers - and I know some of them dont adhere well. So I'd definitely recommend using one of the FedEx tags.

Thanks--I have the same case. Appreciate the help everyone!

EDIT: Also, sometimes I should just read FAQs instead of coming on here and wasting everyone's time image/read.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':read:' /> :

http://support.shipsticks.com/customer/en/portal/articles/2459798-luggage-tags
    • 19°

• greggreg Members Posts: 40
    P.J. wrote:

Really? I'll keep that in mind.
  • malonso23malonso23 Members Posts: 12 ✭✭
    ShipSticks sucks. Just use FedEx
  • RichieHuntRichieHunt Advanced Members Posts: 3,551 ✭✭
    I've done both. They will pick up the clubs directly from your place if you let them and you can just leave it in a hard case and they'll take it provided you have the shipping label.

Generally have only had good experiences with them. They are also well insured. The only thing that sucks is that it's not cheap and you're without your sticks for those days.

But if you come with a lot of luggage you will greatly appreciate it that you don't have to lug that bag around.

RH
  • MaxBuckMaxBuck Advanced Members Posts: 279 ✭✭
    What's the cost differential between ShipSticks and FedEx ground, typically?