Affordable Private Option - New Jersey National, Pine Barrens, Hollow Brook, and Club Max

mkunes01mkunes01 Members Posts: 125 ✭✭
edited Apr 10, 2019 2:08pm in Mid-Atlantic #1

Anyone on here have thoughts/opinions on New Jersey National Golf Club, Pine Barrens, or Club Max?

I am thinking about joining New Jersey National, and I wanted to see if anyone here has any good info on the membership, course quality, conditioning, club tournaments, etc. The pricing for my age group is a little under 5k, has no initiation fee or minimum, lets you walk at any time you want with no extra charges, and no chance at any assessments. The membership gives you full access to New Jersey National (home club), Pine Barrens and Hollow Brook through complete reciprocity, and a heavy discount for greens fees at Twisted Dunes (public). It also gets you access to Pacific Links which is another reciprocal program throughout the US and internationally, offering private club access at hefty discounts for courses like TPC Jasna Polana.

Practice facility and golf course seem pretty decent. I played US Open locals at Pine Barrens and thought the course was okay. I'd love to know anything you have to offer on the course, membership, company, etc.

Feel free to discuss any similarly priced memberships I should also consider!

Post edited by mkunes01 on

Comments

• mkunes01mkunes01 Members Posts: 125 ✭✭

Didn't get too much traction on this, but I figured I would offer an update. Just joined NJ National this past weekend and really looking forward to the season. Feel free to ask any questions. Think I made a pretty good decision. The course looks great for this time of year and looks like (for a young exec membership) I'm only in the hole for less the $5k for the year (I walk whenever I play so you can add carts to that if that is your style). There are also additional fees per tournament but these are all basically just a cart fee except member guest which is understandable.

• NJgolfer11NJgolfer11 Members Posts: 79 ✭✭

Congrats and a great decision!
    NJ National is an awesome course.
    I am not sure how long ago you played Pine Barrens, but in my experience, the course is always in great shape and a fun layout.

• LPSISCOLPSISCO Members Posts: 353 ✭✭

My buddy was a member at NJN for years, until he joined Trump. NJN had a great group of guys, really fun course (though the front is way easier than the back), and Sean is a very cool Pro. Great place.

• mkunes01mkunes01 Members Posts: 125 ✭✭

Thanks guys! I'm really enjoying it so far. Sean is the GM now, and he's doing a great job. The front is definitely way easier. I really enjoy how the course builds momentum throughout the round. The closing stretch of holes from 13-18 is awesome. Should make for some interesting matches.