Shaft options for 915D2.

Liquid_A_45 ·  
Liquid_A_45Liquid_A_45 Broken Arrow, OKMembers  829WRX Points: 166Handicap: 12.3Posts: 829 Golden Tee

I recently acquired a 916D2 with the 60 gram Aldila Rogue stiff shaft. I typically play heavier shafts in my woods (used a 72 gram shaft in the Jetspeed) and I'm looking at getting something similar as the club/shaft just feel too light.

What are some heavier options I can find under $70 that already have the Titleist adapter?

Posted:

Comments

• agolf1agolf1 Members  1953WRX Points: 1,112Posts: 1,953 Platinum Tees

I thought both of the stock Aldila shafts and the Diamana D+ were in the 70 gram range.
    https://www.titleist.com/golf-clubs/drivers/915d2

What driver did you use before? I think some of the older Titleist drivers had swingweights that were 2-3 points higher (915 = D2 with standard length/clubhead weight). Could this be the reason it feels light?

Posted:
    Titleist 915 D4 10.5*, Diamana S+ Blue 60 S-Flex
    Titleist 915F 16.5* & 21.0*, Diamana S+ Blue 70 S-Flex
    PING G25 5-PW (25*-44*), UW (49*), SW (54*), CFS R-Flex
    PING Zing 2 L/S (57*)
    PING Cadence TR Ketsch Putter
    Backup Lob Wedges:  PING Eye 2+ (58*) or PING Eye 2 XG (60*)
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • Stuart_GStuart_G New HampshireMembers  25080WRX Points: 1,644Posts: 25,080 Titanium Tees

Agree - look at swing weight instead of shaft weight. The '60' is the model number is not the weight - it's actually a very heavy shaft. Go play around with some lead tape on the head.

Posted:
  • Liquid_A_45Liquid_A_45 Broken Arrow, OKMembers  829WRX Points: 166Handicap: 12.3Posts: 829 Golden Tee

On -, @agolf1 said:

I thought both of the stock Aldila shafts and the Diamana D+ were in the 70 gram range.
    https://www.titleist.com/golf-clubs/drivers/915d2

What driver did you use before? I think some of the older Titleist drivers had swingweights that were 2-3 points higher (915 = D2 with standard length/clubhead weight). Could this be the reason it feels light?

I was using a Taylormade Jetspeed with Motore Speeder 7.2 Tour Spec.

On -, @Stuart_G said:

Agree - look at swing weight instead of shaft weight. The '60' is the model number is not the weight - it's actually a very heavy shaft. Go play around with some lead tape on the head.

Thanks for clarifying, I always thought that was the weight of the shaft.

Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.