Shaft options for 915D2.

Liquid_A_45Liquid_A_45 Broken Arrow, OKMembers Posts: 767 ✭✭✭✭✭

I recently acquired a 916D2 with the 60 gram Aldila Rogue stiff shaft. I typically play heavier shafts in my woods (used a 72 gram shaft in the Jetspeed) and I'm looking at getting something similar as the club/shaft just feel too light.

What are some heavier options I can find under $70 that already have the Titleist adapter?

Comments

• agolf1agolf1 Members Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I thought both of the stock Aldila shafts and the Diamana D+ were in the 70 gram range.
    https://www.titleist.com/golf-clubs/drivers/915d2

What driver did you use before? I think some of the older Titleist drivers had swingweights that were 2-3 points higher (915 = D2 with standard length/clubhead weight). Could this be the reason it feels light?

Titleist 915 D4 10.5*, Diamana S+ Blue 60 S-Flex
    Titleist 915F 16.5* & 21.0*, Diamana S+ Blue 70 S-Flex
    Ping G25 5-PW (25*-44*), UW (49*), SW (54*), CFS R-Flex
    Ping Zing 2 L/S (57*)
    Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Putter
    Backup Lob Wedges:  Ping Eye 2+ (58*) or Ping Eye 2 XG (60*)
  • Stuart_GStuart_G New HampshireMembers Posts: 23,856 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Agree - look at swing weight instead of shaft weight. The '60' is the model number is not the weight - it's actually a very heavy shaft. Go play around with some lead tape on the head.

• Liquid_A_45Liquid_A_45 Broken Arrow, OKMembers Posts: 767 ✭✭✭✭✭

@agolf1 said:
    I thought both of the stock Aldila shafts and the Diamana D+ were in the 70 gram range.
    https://www.titleist.com/golf-clubs/drivers/915d2

What driver did you use before? I think some of the older Titleist drivers had swingweights that were 2-3 points higher (915 = D2 with standard length/clubhead weight). Could this be the reason it feels light?

I was using a Taylormade Jetspeed with Motore Speeder 7.2 Tour Spec.

@Stuart_G said:
    Agree - look at swing weight instead of shaft weight. The '60' is the model number is not the weight - it's actually a very heavy shaft. Go play around with some lead tape on the head.

Thanks for clarifying, I always thought that was the weight of the shaft.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file