Anyone have info on these Wilson Dynapower Irons

I am a newbie here... any info on the these Wilson Dynapower Irons would be helpful... I inherited these irons and I’m just trying to find out any info on them... year, what they are worth ect...

Thank you in advance...
Don

Comments

• ShallowfaceShallowface Members Posts: 1,463 ✭✭
    edited May 19, 2019 3:08pm #2

Those are a Limited Edition remake of the 1965 model. They were sold by Edwin Watts around, I believe, 1984. I have that Watts catalog around here somewhere, but I don't have it right in front of me to confirm the date. Watts was big into that sort of thing during that time, which was the height of the classic club craze. During that same time they offered a set of Spalding Top-Flite "Bird on Ball" irons that were a remake of a model from the late 60s or early 70s.

That is a beautiful set you have there. As far as what they are worth, you might check on Ebay to see if any of those have sold recently. If you want to sell them I'd list them as a Buy It Now with the figure you really want and the "Make Offer" button keeping in mind the figure you'd ultimately accept and see what happens.

• sweetdssweetds Members Posts: 7 ✭✭

Thank you... I want to sell them if you now anyone interest...I don’t what to asked lol...

• NessismNessism To measure is to know... Members Posts: 18,456 ✭✭

Unfortunately, irons of that ilk are not worth much. I'm no expert on the matter but $50-$70 would be roughly the expected rate these days.

Ping G400 driver w/Aldila Rogue 125 Silver 60S
    Cobra (Lexi blue) F7 5 wood w/Aldila Black 70S
    Cobra (Lexi blue) F7 Hybrid w/Aldila Kuro Kage 80S
    Ping G410 irons w/Recoil 95S (i200 backups)
    Ping Glide 50/55/60 wedges w/Recoil 110S
    Ping Anser/Arna putter - the "real deal!"
  • rex235rex235 ClubWRX Posts: 3,993 ClubWRX

ds-
    Does your '65 Wilson Staff Dynapower iron set have a remake of the '65 Sand Wedge?

The set is 1 iron to sand wedge ....Looks like they’ve only about handful of times...sand wedge has the most wear...

• gsea33gsea33 Members Posts: 699 ✭✭
    edited May 20, 2019 12:11am #9

Just for comparison here is an actual 65 set.

Titleist 975D 10.5
    Titleist 975F 14.5
    Titleist 975F 20.5
    Ping Eye 2 2, 4-SW BECU
    Titleist Acushnet Bullseye

Thank you 👍🏻 See the “fluid feel” original is red mine is black...

• rex235rex235 ClubWRX Posts: 3,993 ClubWRX

ds-
    And your "sand wedge" stamping on your '65 remake is straight from the '80s models.
    If yours had the Wilson '58 Dynapower "SAND WEDGE" remake stamping....like the original..
    Still a great set, but as I told shallowface on a different thread-
    ALL Wilson remakes are RH Only.

• bl8dbl8d Members Posts: 48 ✭✭

@Shallowface said:
    Those are a Limited Edition remake of the 1965 model. They were sold by Edwin Watts around, I believe, 1984. I have that Watts catalog around here somewhere, but I don't have it right in front of me to confirm the date. Watts was big into that sort of thing during that time, which was the height of the classic club craze. During that same time they offered a set of Spalding Top-Flite "Bird on Ball" irons that were a remake of a model from the late 60s or early 70s.

That is a beautiful set you have there. As far as what they are worth, you might check on Ebay to see if any of those have sold recently. If you want to sell them I'd list them as a Buy It Now with the figure you really want and the "Make Offer" button keeping in mind the figure you'd ultimately accept and see what happens.

were the Watts remakes made offshore ?

Thank you for the info.....any ideas what I should ask for them? Or if anyone knows anyone interested I would take offers....I would like to sell them to somebody on the forums on golfwrx.... thank you again

• dcopp7dcopp7 Members Posts: 980 ✭✭

$90

Callaway Hyper X 9* what's the point?

Taylormade (original) RBZ 15* 3W

Cleveland Launcher 3W 15*

Synchron Vespa 19* hybrid

Orlimar 23* 7W

Dynacraft Prophet CB flexface 5i-PW

Acer XB 52* & 58* wedges

Orlimar putter
    edited May 22, 2019 11:01am #15

@bl8d said:

@Shallowface said:

were the Watts remakes made offshore ?

They are from the 1980s so I would doubt it. There were times when clubs from Wilson's Scotland facility made their way into the USA.

@rex235 said:
    ds-
    And your "sand wedge" stamping on your '65 remake is straight from the '80s models.
    If yours had the Wilson '58 Dynapower "SAND WEDGE" remake stamping....like the original..
    Still a great set, but as I told shallowface on a different thread-
    ALL Wilson remakes are RH Only.

From the picture it looks like a JPII with 1965 stampings on the back and the 80s "sand wedge" stamping on the sole. Which of course means it's nothing at all like the original 1965 model. Still a nice wedge, though.
    I had a set of these briefly back then, but returned them because the Fluid Feel plugs weren't flush with the sole. Some of them were a quarter inch below the surface. Wilson quality was very spotty in those days. It got much better from 1986 forward after Pepsico sold the company.

• KirasdadKirasdad Kirasdad Members Posts: 742 ✭✭

If they were originals obviously you might get well over a hundred for the 1-W, take the SW out and sell it separately for maybe as much as the set BUT, the remakes are another deal entirely. You could ask for 90 but imo they’d just sit there, maybe 60 or 70 if you really want to move them.

Current bag:
    Callaway BB 43.75” 10 degrees (actual 11 degree loft)
    PING G10 4 wood 17 degrees
    Sonatec 20 deg. hybrid
    PVG component 5-PW Apollo stepless steel
    Ram Watson SW
    Acushnet Bullseye putter

• chivachiva Members Posts: 2,513 ✭✭

That is a really nice set. The leather grips are nice. They are in great shape. They are as good as any “modern” blade in my estimation.

OB and water hazards you flunkies
  • txgolfer45txgolfer45 Members Posts: 79 ✭✭

I played 1965 Wilson Staff Dynapower irons in HS. Loved those clubs. Would be fun to try them again if they had R300 shafts.