GIVEAWAY: PING Heppler Anser 2 Putter- ENTER HERE, Tour Edge Exotics EXS Pro 3W - ENTER HERE.

Driver Loft/Face Angle Relationship

dblinden ·  
dblindendblinden Members  133WRX Points: 62Posts: 133 Fairways

Seeking clarification - All other things being equal (and the club face is kept square to target path), what is the corresponding change in loft when the face angle is adjusted open or closed? For example, if the face angle is adjusted closed or opened 1 degree, is the loft changed exactly one degree? Trying to determine if the relationship is 1:1 or some other factor. Thanks.

Posted:

Comments

• Z1ggy16Z1ggy16 Members  9744WRX Points: 1,648Posts: 9,744 Titanium Tees

It probably depends what driver you're talking about. People here are super knowledgeable, I'm guessing if you give the exact model they'll tell you the relationship between sleeve adjustments and face angle open/closure.

Posted:
    D - SIM Max | Tour Z Xtreme 465; 4w - SIM Ti | Diamana B 80; 5w - Cobra SZ | FX 2.0 380 or Cobra Speedzone 4i | Modus 105x; Irons - P760 4-PW | Modus 120; GW - Glide 3.0 50/12 | S400 Tour Issue; SW - Glide 3.0 54/12| S400 Tour Issue; LW - Glide 3.0 58/10 | S400 Tour Issue; P - Huntington Beach #1; Ball - BXS

• GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • Stuart_GStuart_G New HampshireMembers  25266WRX Points: 1,750Posts: 25,266 Titanium Tees

On -, @dblinden said:

Seeking clarification - All other things being equal (and the club face is kept square to target path), what is the corresponding change in loft when the face angle is adjusted open or closed? For example, if the face angle is adjusted closed or opened 1 degree, is the loft changed exactly one degree? Trying to determine if the relationship is 1:1 or some other factor. Thanks.

Depends on what you mean by the face angle being adjusted. If you mean the face angle adjusted via the hosel settings or even by bending the hosel, then the relationship is roughly 0.6* loft for each 1* of face angle change. Or 1.8* face angle change will give 1* of loft change. The actual relationship is trigonomic and dependent on the lie angle - but that's close enough for most woods and hybrids.

Posted:
  • dblindendblinden Members  133WRX Points: 62Posts: 133 Fairways

Depends on what you mean by the face angle being adjusted. If you mean the face angle adjusted via the hosel settings or even by bending the hosel, then the relationship is roughly 0.6* loft for each 1* of face angle change. Or 1.8* face angle change will give 1* of loft change. The actual relationship is trigonomic and dependent on the lie angle - but that's close enough for most woods and hybrids.

This is the information I was hoping to obtain. Thanks.

Posted:
  • Howard_JonesHoward_Jones Members  11296WRX Points: 2,077Posts: 11,296 Titanium Tees

The relationship of Face angle to Loft angle vary with Lie angle like this:

Posted:

PLEASE DO NOT SEND ME PMs ON CLUB TECH ISSUES - ASK PUBLIC IN THE FORUM.

Unless you are a former Customer or someone i already have a PM dialog with, i want reply to tech questions on PMs.

• dblindendblinden Members  133WRX Points: 62Posts: 133 Fairways

Howard Jones - Thank you! Exactly what I was trying to find. Where do they hide this stuff?

Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.