Best Driver of 2019 | Full Article _HERE_ | Discussion Thread _HERE_

Titleist T200 vs Mizuno JPX 919 forged

YenmastaYenmasta Members Posts: 27 ✭✭

Hi Golfwrx Family,
I am curious about these two irons. I have tested the mizuno but still need to test the titleist. Anyone hit these two side by side? What seems more forgiving, dispersion, etc. Thank you in advance!

Comments

• Golf64Golf64 Go Habs Go! Ontario, CanadaMembers Posts: 7,798 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Looks and feel go to the T200 for me. Also look at the HMB, great sticks!

All Mizuno bag for this year.
    ST-190 Driver, 3/5 wood
    919F 4-pw, gw Nippon 105R
    S18 54, 60*
    Heel shafted blade
    Srixon Z Star(2019)

Super Bowl LII Champions
    Fly Eagles Fly!
  • YenmastaYenmasta Members Posts: 27 ✭✭

Thank you Golf64!

• Crazy About GolfCrazy About Golf Members Posts: 358 ✭✭✭✭

I just tried out the T200s alongside the MP20 HMBs.......the ball just rockets off the clubface on both, but particularly the T200. I highly recommend them. I've tried out the 919 Forged in the past....also excellent. The lofts are a degree or two weaker than the T200s, so you might not get quite as much pop.

Cobra F9 Speedback 8 degree, Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black 60 in 6.5
    Callaway X2 Hot Pro 12.5 degree, Aldila Tour ATX-75 in x-flex
    Mizuno CLK 16 degree hybrid, Fujikura Speeder in x-flex
    Mizuno MP18 3-PW, Dynamic Gold x-100
    Mizuno T7 52 degree, 56 degree, 60 degree
    Scotty Cameron Phantom X 8 putter
    ​Titleist Pro-V1

Thanks Crazy about Golf!

• bogeyprobogeypro The Original Bogeypro ALClubWRX Posts: 3,269 ClubWRX
    edited Sep 17, 2019 11:56pm #6

I preferred the T200. They are seriously really good. I'm a looong time mizuno fan, but went with the t200 this time. Great sticks!!

I like how the ball goes off the face; however, the distances have been very consistent so far - no hot spots for me. I also like the sole. The pre worn edge and the added bounce really work for me.

Titleist TS3 8.5 
    Titleist TS2 15* 
    Titleist TS3 19 hybrid
    Titleist T200 4-gap
    Vokey SM7 52/58 wedges
    Scotty Cameron Futura 5.5m

Bogeypro.. very helpful thank you!

• StarFleetGolferStarFleetGolfer Members Posts: 10,565 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@bogeypro said:
    I preferred the T200. They are seriously really good. I'm a looong time mizuno fan, but went with the t200 this time. Great sticks!!

I like how the ball goes off the face; however, the distances have been very consistent so far - no hot spots for me. I also like the sole. The pre worn edge and the added bounce really work for me.

Same here. Love my t200s

TaylorMade M5
    TaylorMade Original One 13.5
    Titleist 510 18
    Titleist T200 4-W
    Vokey SM7 54 and 60
    Scotty Cameron T22

• HappyGilmore22HappyGilmore22 Members Posts: 469 ✭✭✭✭

T200 has the better profile and look at address. Performance is really close in terms of flight, distance, and forgiveness but the lofts are a little bit different. Basically I'd only choose between the two based on which one you like the looks of better. Also consider up charge prices of shafts and grips which are likely cheaper through Mizuno. Titleist will retain value more down the road when selling though.

TaylorMade M5 9 deg - Fujikura Speeder Evolution I 757 TX
    Titleist TS3 15 deg - Project X Even Flow T1100 White 85 6.5
    Titleist 816 H2 19 deg - Mitsubishi Diamana D+ 90x
    Titleist T200 4, T100 5-PW - Project X 6.5
    Titleist Vokey SM7 Jet Black - 50.12 F, 54.10 S, 58.12 D - TT DG S400
    Scotty Cameron Select Squareback 1.5
  • LobberLobber Members Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

T200 is working out very well for me. Can’t compare to the Mizunos but no need to as I’m satisfied with my Titliest purchase

• pmangpmang Members Posts: 357 ✭✭✭✭

Mizuno 919 Forged would be my choice. The T200 wedge lofts are absolutely ridiculous.

Taylormade M6 10.5* Evenflow Blue 6.0
    Taylormade M6 FW 3 & 5 Atmos Orange 6 S
    Titeist 818H1 21* Hybrid Tensei Blue S
    Ping i210 5-AW  AWT S
    Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 54* & 58*
    Taylormade Spider X 34"
  • BLF0901BLF0901 Members Posts: 59 ✭✭

What are you looking for, ball speed/distance or predictability from your irons? You're likely to get more predictability from the 919F...a one-piece forged iron is almost always going to be more consistent on distances that a hot-faced, cast iron.

@BLF0901 said:
    What are you looking for, ball speed/distance or predictability from your irons? You're likely to get more predictability from the 919F...a one-piece forged iron is almost always going to be more consistent on distances that a hot-faced, cast iron.

Correct.......assuming you routinely hit the center of the club face......OP asked about forgiveness, dispersion, etc (yes distance is included in dispersion).....so I take his question to mean which club will reduce your left/right/short misses. The T200 will reduce the magnitude of such misses better than the 919F, while sacrificing some feel.

Moreover, the T200 has a forged face....it's not simply a cast iron.

​Titleist Pro-V1
    edited Sep 18, 2019 2:28pm #14

@Crazy About Golf said:

@BLF0901 said:

Correct.......assuming you routinely hit the center of the club face......OP asked about forgiveness, dispersion, etc (yes distance is included in dispersion).....so I take his question to mean which club will reduce your left/right/short misses. The T200 will reduce the magnitude of such misses better than the 919F, while sacrificing some feel.

If it isn't a single piece of forged steel, in my opinion, it's not a forged iron.

• balls_deepballs_deep Wanna earn 14 bucks the hard way?Members Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Crazy About Golf said:

@BLF0901 said:

The 919F is insanely forgiving. Better feel and look IMO as well.

Cobra F9 Speedback 9° Project X HZRDUS HC Black 62g
    Titleist 917F2 15.75°  Project X HZRDUS HC Black 75g
    Titleist 818 H1 19° Project X Evenflow 85g
    Titleist 718 T-MB 4i Project X LZ 6.0
    Titleist 716 CB 5i-PW Project X LZ 6.0
    Vokey SM7 52-F 56-F 60-D Project X LZ 6.0
    Scotty Cameron Futura 5.5M 35"
    Pro V1x/Snell MTB-X
    Currently - 6.2

@BLF0901 said:

@Crazy About Golf said:

@BLF0901 said:

If it isn't a single piece of forged steel, in my opinion, it's not a forged iron.

Fair point

​Titleist Pro-V1

@balls_deep said:

@Crazy About Golf said:

@BLF0901 said:

The 919F is insanely forgiving. Better feel and look IMO as well.

I play MP-18s right now, so I definitely agree with you on feel and looks....no debate there. However, after hitting the T200, I found it will let you get away with murder.

​Titleist Pro-V1
  • GeorgeLGeorgeL San Diego, CAMembers Posts: 152 ✭✭✭

I just tried the Titleist T100 and T200, Srixon 785, Mizuno MP20 HMB and MMC, and Cobra MB, and the best out of the bunch in terms of feel, consistency, and dispersion were the Titleist T200 and Mizuno HMB. I was surprised to say the least, since I'm not a Titleist fan by any means, but I recently switched to their TS woods (from Callaway) and am now thinking about their irons.
    I feel like they've come a long way in both departments with their most recent releases. I never liked their drivers, which I thought were too spinny, or their irons (AP2), that felt harsh despite being forged. I've been gaming Srixons for the last few years which are butter, but I was shocked to find out that the T100 and T200 irons felt similar. Massive improvement.
    The only knock on the T200 is their extreme bulge in the back which is noticeable at address. The HMBs are much better looking all-around and performed similarly on the launch monitor. But I figured since I already have the Titleist woods I may as well get the irons, since performance was similar.

Titleist 8.5* TS3 Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue 55 Stiff
    Titleist 15* TS3 3W Mitsubishi Diamana Whiteboard 65 Stiff
    Srixon  19* Z U85 2i UST Recoil 95 
    Srixon Z 545 4-PW TT DG 300S
    Cobra King Pur Wedges 50*/54*/58* KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 Stiff
    Odyssey Tank Arm Lock Putter

@BLF0901 said:

T200 is not a cast iron and has a forged face. Since one usually hits the ball with the face which is forged I don't buy the argument that they are not as consistent or that they are cast. I've never seen any data showing that a forged club performs better than a club with a forged face/cast body. Lots of irons including P790, Cobras and others have forged faces. In my experience the T200 dispersion is very tight and predictable based on the quality of swing.

Thank you everyone!

edited Sep 18, 2019 6:34pm #21

@Lobber said:

@BLF0901 said:

T200 is not a cast iron and has a forged face. Since one usually hits the ball with the face which is forged I don't buy the argument that they are not as consistent or that they are cast. I've never seen any data showing that a forged club performs better than a club with a forged face/cast body. Lots of irons including P790, Cobras and others have forged faces. In my experience the T200 dispersion is very tight and predictable based on the quality of swing.

It's not a matter of the face being forged or not, it's a matter of hot-faced irons generally being perceived as less consistent. Being called "forged" when only one small component of an iron head is actually forged should be considered false advertisement. The 919 Forged head is one billet of steel, forged into shape. None of this "forged face welded to a cast body" nonsense. It is a forged iron in every sense of the word.

@BLF0901 said:

@Lobber said:

@BLF0901 said:

It's not a matter of the face being forged or not, it's a matter of hot-faced irons generally being perceived as less consistent. Being called "forged" when only one small component of an iron head is actually forged should be considered false advertisement. The 919 Forged head is one billet of steel, forged into shape. None of this "forged face welded to a cast body" nonsense. It is a forged iron in every sense of the word.

Pros have no trouble with cast irons or forged face consistency. To say a full forged is more consistent than forged face or cast is nonsense.

TaylorMade M5
    Titleist 510 18
    Titleist T200 4-W
    Vokey SM7 54 and 60
    Scotty Cameron T22

@BLF0901 said:

@Lobber said:

@BLF0901 said:

I would love to see the data that demonstrates your point. So now we have gone from forged face not being as consistent as one piece forged to "false advertising". I guess we just see it differently which is fine. I can assure that after 10 rounds with my T200s I am having no consistency, dispersion, workability or distance problems at all. I have not had the benefit of playing the Mizunos which I am sure are excellent irons but given how my T200s work for me I won't be straying

@StarFleetGolfer said:

@BLF0901 said:

@Lobber said:

@BLF0901 said:

Pros have no trouble with cast irons or forged face consistency. To say a full forged is more consistent than forged face or cast is nonsense.

Pros wear out a dime-sized spot on the face of their irons, too.

edited Sep 18, 2019 7:03pm #25

@Lobber said:

@BLF0901 said:

@Lobber said:

@BLF0901 said:

I would love to see the data that demonstrates your point. So now we have gone from forged face not being as consistent as one piece forged to "false advertising". I guess we just see it differently which is fine. I can assure that after 10 rounds with my T200s I am having no consistency, dispersion, workability or distance problems at all. I have not had the benefit of playing the Mizunos which I am sure are excellent irons but given how my T200s work for me I won't be straying

what part of "...hot-faced irons generally being perceived as less consistent," didn't you understand?

@BLF0901 said:

@StarFleetGolfer said:

@BLF0901 said:

@Lobber said:

@BLF0901 said:

What is your point? You said less consistent. Where is data ?

TaylorMade M5
    Titleist 510 18
    Titleist T200 4-W
    Vokey SM7 54 and 60
    Scotty Cameron T22

edited Sep 18, 2019 7:10pm #27

@StarFleetGolfer said:

@BLF0901 said:

@StarFleetGolfer said:

@BLF0901 said:

@Lobber said:

@BLF0901 said:

https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1733732/loving-p790-one-year-later/p1
    There is anecdotal evidence all over the place about consistency issues with distance irons. And don't try to tell me a set with a 43 degree PW isn't a distance iron.

I also said, "perceived consistency issues". I never made a claim one way or the other. Reading comprehension.

@BLF0901 said:

@StarFleetGolfer said:

@BLF0901 said:

@StarFleetGolfer said:

@BLF0901 said:

@Lobber said:

@BLF0901 said:

There is anecdotal evidence all over the place about consistency issues with distance irons. And don't try to tell me a set with a 43 degree PW isn't a distance iron. Show me data to the contrary.

I really have no interest in getting into a pissing match over this.

@BLF0901 said:

@StarFleetGolfer said:

@BLF0901 said:

@StarFleetGolfer said:

@BLF0901 said:

@Lobber said:

@BLF0901 said:

There is anecdotal evidence all over the place about consistency issues with distance irons. And don't try to tell me a set with a 43 degree PW isn't a distance iron.

I also said, "perceived consistency issues". I never made a claim one way or the other. Reading comprehension.

Antedotes are not data. Statistics comprehension. Pros play cast fine but 15 handicaps hit forged more consistently- that's your argument.

TaylorMade M5
    Titleist 510 18
    Titleist T200 4-W
    Vokey SM7 54 and 60
    Scotty Cameron T22

edited Sep 18, 2019 7:19pm #30

@StarFleetGolfer said:

@BLF0901 said:

@StarFleetGolfer said:

@BLF0901 said:

@StarFleetGolfer said:

@BLF0901 said:

@Lobber said:

@BLF0901 said:

Antedotes are not data. Statistics comprehension. Pros play cast fine but 15 handicaps hit forged more consistently- that's your argument.

Cool story, I really don't care enough to argue with you. I said "perceived inconsistency," which you've conveniently ignored. You like your irons, I'm happy for you, but I really don't give enough of a **** about this topic to carry on.

@BLF0901 said:

@Lobber said:

@BLF0901 said:

@Lobber said:

@BLF0901 said:

what part of "...hot-faced irons generally being perceived as less consistent," didn't you understand?

@StarFleetGolfer said:

@BLF0901 said:

@StarFleetGolfer said:

@BLF0901 said:

@StarFleetGolfer said:

@BLF0901 said:

@Lobber said:

@BLF0901 said:

Oh I understand it and frankly the "perceived" part combined with antidotal translates into fake news aka ****. Hopefully I am clear enough so you can comprehend what I am saying and you are reading

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file