***ATTENTION***IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT***ATTENTION***IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT***ATTENTION

Last year, in an effort to improve the capability of our forums, we switched to new software. We expected tremendous scalability and rapid customization that would significantly improve each Member's experience across multiple devices and integrate flawlessly with social media platforms.

Unfortunately, after a significant capital expense, we have decided that the length of time and the additional cost to reach our goals make this enterprise untenable.

Thus, we have made the difficult decision to transition the forums to our original software platform. We’re excited that, in the nearly two years since we began the process of our most recent switch, our original platform has been upgraded significantly, and we are confident that the reversion will not only provide the stability that we desperately needed prior to our last move but will also return to the Membership the high level of customization that made our online community so great. We have also added technical resources to the GolfWRX staff that will allow us to build custom modules and modifications that we are confident will take the forums to the next level.

We remain the world's largest online golf community, and we still hold true to our core values and mission statement as written in 2005. Bearing both of those elements in mind, being the best and offering our Members a platform that is world-class are both requirements, not options, and it is that spirit that has motivated this decision.

So, please pardon our mess over the next five days or so while we transition the forums.

A few important notes: Current content will be accessible during that time, but the forums will be READ ONLY, and you will not be able to start new threads or reply to posts. Personal Messaging is enabled but PMs sent/received from the time the board was frozen will not carry over. We know this is inconvenient, and we apologize, and we greatly appreciate GolfWRXers bearing with us through the transition.

We are very excited about starting this next chapter for GolfWRX and getting back to the high-quality Member experience we all expect as soon as possible.

Is this a real Scotty?

olegreg68 ·  
olegreg68olegreg68 Members  27WRX Points: 11Posts: 27 Bunkers

Been lurking for about a year, and have learned quite a bit from you all, not the least of which is how to be a Putter Hoe. I’ve bought and sold about 30 putters over the last year looking for “The One”, and I have to say I settled on 2 Bettinardi’s, a 15 Studio Stock 2 and a new Studio Stock 28 Slotback. I probably would have never paid attention to Bettinardi if I hadn’t been lurking here, so thank you, I absolutely love these 2 Bettinardi putters.

I just got this Scotty Studio Series because I’ve always loved the classic look of them, but I need help confirming it’s a real Scotty. The only other one I’ve been very bought was a Studio Style, and I’m pretty sure it was fake because it was one of the worst feeling putters I’ve ever used, so I ended up returning it. I’ve read up on id’ing fakes and watched videos, but I guess my eyes aren’t as sharp as most because I can’t tell. So is this the real thing?

Any help is appreciated!

Posted:

Comments

• olegreg68olegreg68 Members  27WRX Points: 11Posts: 27 Bunkers

Well ****, I thought I posted the photos.

Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • JoelsimJoelsim Members  1529WRX Points: 565Handicap: 12Posts: 1,529 Platinum Tees

You have to wait for them to load.

Posted:
    Driver: Ping G400 10.5 Reg Ping Alta 44.5”
    Hybrids: Titleist TS3 17* Stiff HZRDUS Smoke & TS2 21* Hybrid Regular Tensei Blue
    Irons: Ping G410 5-PW (#5 at power spec loft)
    Wedges: Vokey SM8 50F, 54D & 58M, Callaway MD5 Jaws 60W Low and Mack Daddy 4 64S
    Putters: Bettinardi Studio Stock #3 (Jumbo Lamkin), Bettinardi Studio Stock #28 Slotback (Winn Dri-Tac), Piretti Matera Elite (Piretti Fat Grip), Piretti Cottonwood II (Piretti Fat Grip).

Thanks, I thought I did, maybe since I just registered it won’t let me.

Posted:

Posted:

Posted:

Posted:

Advertisement

Posted:

Posted:

Wow, I’m such an idiot lol

Posted:
  • MattGolfsMattGolfs San DiegoMembers  226WRX Points: 104Handicap: 9.9Posts: 226 Fairways

It looks real to me! I have a studio stainless newport beach and it looks similar, been looking at studio stainless newport 2s for awhile and nothing strikes me as being fake with yours. Nice putter! Maybe post a pic of the bottom? Should have a tri-sole

Posted:
    • PING G400 Max 9° w/ Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black 60 6.5 flex
    • Titleist 915F 3 Wood w/ Diamana S+ 70 Stiff flex
    • Titleist 910h 19° Hybrid w/ Graphite Design AD-DI 95x
    • Srixon Z785 4-PW w/ Nippon Modus3 Tour 120 stiff
    • Cleveland RTX4 50°10 and 56°10 w/ KBS C-Taper stiff
    • Taylormade Hi-Toe 60°ATV w/ KBS hi-rev 2.0
    • Scotty Cameron MFT Pro Platinum Newport 2

Awesome, thank you for replying! Here is one of the bottom. It does have the tri sole.

Posted:

Advertisement
  • A.PrinceyA.Princey Major Hacker Members  2584WRX Points: 546Handicap: 3Posts: 2,584 Titanium Tees

It's 100% real, take that to the bank!

Posted:

TM 2016 M2 12*, OG Graf Blue X 43.5"

TEE XCG7 4W 16.5*, OG Graf Blue X 41.5"

Callaway Rogue X 4i, Diamana 70 S, 39"

Cobra King OS 4-G, XP95 R300

Vokey 56(57*), 60(63*) DG-R400

"Rusty" Byron DH89 Pipeneck, 34" (or any of 10  2 other putters...)

B330-RX

Thank you! After getting burned once I was nervous, so this makes me feel good!
    Thanks again!

Posted:
  • Instron4204Instron4204 Members  95WRX Points: 53Posts: 95 Fairways

Yup, looks authentic

Posted:

On -, @Instron4204 said:

Yup, looks authentic

Thank you!

Posted:
  • BYKBYK Cardinals NationMembers  2317WRX Points: 398Posts: 2,317 Platinum Tees

Good to go
    one of scotty's best putters

Posted:
    Yadi for President

Advertisement

On -, @BYK said:

Good to go

Thanks!
    I’ve always loved the look of the Studio Stainless, so even though I feel like I’m set in the putter department with 2 Bettinardi’s that I LOVE and one old Ping Anser 2 that I’ve had forever, I’ve always wanted one of these. To me this series is the best looking of all the Scotty’s, past or present. Just simple goodness.

Posted:
  • BYKBYK Cardinals NationMembers  2317WRX Points: 398Posts: 2,317 Platinum Tees

On -, @olegreg68 said:

On -, @BYK said:

Good to go

Thanks!
    I’ve always loved the look of the Studio Stainless, so even though I feel like I’m set in the putter department with 2 Bettinardi’s that I LOVE and one old Ping Anser 2 that I’ve had forever, I’ve always wanted one of these. To me this series is the best looking of all the Scotty’s, past or present. Just simple goodness.

Yeah I agree, esp with what he's been putting out recently
    love that you can get different headweights in a solid milled putter too
    I think it may be his best line ever

Posted:
    Yadi for President
  • LycokayakerLycokayaker NJMembers  81WRX Points: 67Handicap: to highPosts: 81 Fairways

looks good.

Posted:

I know I am getting better at golf because I'm hitting fewer spectators. ~Gerald Ford

• BustedBogeyMachineBustedBogeyMachine Members  16WRX Points: 9Posts: 16 Bunkers

Real as far as I can tell. Nice putter too, I have a Circle T that I’d never get rid of no matter the price. It’s a Concept 2 but obviously based on the Newport.

Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.