Back into golf and my PING ISI K irons still look great- What's a good PING upgrade please?

holidayinyourhead ·  
holidayinyourheadholidayinyourhead  6WRX Points: 0Members Posts: 6 Bunkers

Thanks to my 13 year old son, I'm golfing again and love we have a new shared passion.

Mid handicap.
I definitely will upgrade to a G410 driver, 3 wood
and possibly a hybrid.

In terms of irons the ISI still look good after a twenty plus year hiatus.
but I'm wondering about a good PING iron upgrade:
I'd prefer accuracy and feel to chasing extra distance
but have heard/ read that some have been disappointed with the pearloid finish of some PING irons.
I bought my son a set of black dot ISI irons for $250 and like mine still do they look incredible. (Really well made and great finish on those clubs).

Any PING experience welcome please folks and would happily go second hand if I don't need to go new.
e.g. my 7 iron still gives me 150 metres average onto a green.
Never played blades and not phased by head size on irons.

All feedback and experience gladly welcomed.

Posted:

Comments

• rtmhunterrtmhunter  5WRX Points: 7Members Posts: 5 Starters

I can't really speak about a good upgrade for you but, I still play my ISI K 2 and 3 irons every round. Senior graphite original factory shafts. Playing partner calls it my "whippy 2". Love these clubs. Hope you find what you're looking for or just game those old ones. You might be surprised to find out they're just as good if not better than the new stuff. Good luck. I'm trying to get my son playing and gave him my "old" I3 irons.

Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.