End of March Golf Trip

Looking to make a golf trip in the end of march. Probably 2 4-somes. We want warm weather so thinking needs to be Florida or possibly Texas/Arizona ish if we want to cover timezones.

Any suggestions for where to go. We are coming from Pittsburgh PA. HC's 10-22. Last year we went to Orlando. Great spot but want to switch it up. Also if anyone knows any booking services they'd recommend that would be great too. Thanks

This relates only to Florida

If you want to do high end, you can go to Streamsong and play all three courses.

You can head down to Pt St. Lucie and play the three PGA Village Courses..

You could stay in Tampa, and travel north to World Woods, Southern Hills, Juliette Falls, ... or over to Innisbrook to play their resort courses.

You could visit Sarasota and play Lakewood National, etc. etc.

Arizona. Book a VRBO in Scottsdale and play:

Wekopa Saguaro x2

Grayhawk Raptor

Troon North (both courses)

Southern Dunes x2

Tourist stops (not my favorite but out of towners love them): TPC Scottsdale stadium, Quintero also Wickenberg Ranch

Book the courses on your own, no need to use a service. They will always send you to a less than ideal course as part of the package. That is a bunch of rounds. If you want more look at the southwest fourm. Only downside is peak season/possible spring training prices. If you want you can catch some baseball as well.

Austin and San Antonio usually have great weather around the end of March.

I do golf trips every year and do my own booking. We try to find a huge Vrbo house if possible.

But if you are talking March 2020 you should have already booked your courses and lodging.

Some San Antonio and Austin area suggestions. I've played almost all of these so let me know if you need more info on the courses;

Horseshoe Bay ResortHyatt Regency Lost Pines ResortOmni Barton Creek ResortJW Marriott San Antonio ResortWestin La Cantera ResortHyatt Regency Hill Country Resort

Agree with Vallygolf...Scottsdale is a great option that time of year. We went mid March 2 years ago and had a blast. Played both Grayhawk courses and Troon North as well as TPC Stadium.

My initial thought was Bandon which we have also done that time of year a few times. Good value and the weather tends to be decent but certainly not AZ.

Thinking about trying out Pinehurst this year but likely not until April.

Enjoy planning and the trip!

Ai Smoke Max Diamana PD

G425 5Aldila Rogue White 

716 AP2 KBS Tour 

JAWS RAW Modus/DG TI

Mizuno M Craft VI

You'd be hard pressed to find a better deal than the "Get Fit This Spring at Pinehurst" one the resort has put on the past 5-6 years with Titleist. I haven't seen an email about it yet for 2020 but below are details I found online from last year:

Get your game in gear with this incredible package. Enjoy two rounds of golf including a round on Pinehurst No. 2 and Pinehurst No. 4, complimentary Titleist golf ball and club fittings, a $200 resort gift card towards the purchase of Titleist golf balls, clubs or gear and more. 

Package starts at $999* and includes:Resort accommodations for two nightsTwo rounds of golf including a round on Pinehurst No.2 and a round on the newly designed Pinehurst No. 4A round on The Cradle, Pinehurst’s nine-hole short courseBreakfast and a three-course dinner each day A complimentary Titleist fitting session that includes a golf ball fitting and your choice of a club fitting from one of the following categories: driver, long game, iron or wedge fittingA $200 gift card toward any Titleist golf ball, club or gear purchase in the Pinehurst Golf Shop

titleist_fitting_inset-315x177.jpg

Weather is usually pretty good and we've had an absolute blast the past 3 years (coming from NOVA/DC area). Just a thought...

TBM

It should be plenty warm in Alabama at the end of March and you can't beat the pricing of the RTJ Trail. I have been mid-March the last two years and will be going again this year.

• Like 1

Ping G430 LST 10.5* : Ventus Red TR 7S

Titleist TSR2 4W : Tensei 1K Black 85-S

Mizuno CLK 19*: Ventus Blue HB-8S

Srixon ZX Utility #4: Nippon Modus3 125-S

Wilson Staff CB 5-PW : Nippon Modus3 125-S

Cleveland Zipcore 50, 54, 58: Nippon Modus3 125-S 

Piretti Potenza 370g : Breakthrough Technology Stability Shaft - 34"

I'll second this. My crew pretty much did this trip two years ago. Take weather out of the equation when you go to scottsdale. Sunny all the time./

We played We Ko Pah - Saugaro

Toon North - Pinnacle

Camel Back - (Nostalgic, one of us used to work there)

Mountain Shadows - MUST PLAY for any boys trip. Make it your 2nd round of the day if you are doing 36. 18 hole executive course but mint shape. Don't sleep on it. Trust me. The guy in your group that sprayed the driver all morning will be thanking you. lol.

Silverleaf - Its uber private, but if you can get on it, surreal experience. They have a sports bar in the men's locker room!!!

• 5 weeks later...

Silverleaf - you will get on for sure. Change of ownership two years ago. Bought by a member family who put their son in charge. He's a member of the 'Lucky Sperm Club' with no prior experience running anything and the culture of this once wonderful club has suffered. I was planning on joining but have gone to Scottsdale National instead.

The only culture Silverleaf has ever had is (decided to leave this part out too). Love the course even though it is cartball, absolutely beautiful facilities. I was going to say something here about the members I know but I’m going to leave that out. The funny part though is that I would have paired it absolutely with Scottsdale National and maybe Mirabel from a membership standpoint. I know plenty of members at each and they have very similar personalities overall. All three clubs are very nice. I would have absolutely zero interest in belonging to any of them.

That’s not a comment on any one member. Just the ones I know :)

• 2 weeks later...

I have a couple of really good friends at Silverleaf and my understanding is the original owners of the club were getting on in years and health and it was just time! Also, the course was the hook to sell house lots and that phase was 95% completed. As for the changes, the Trackman on the range is only being used by the pros who use the facilities for training, the halfway house is still there and they added two 'comfort stations' between 6 & 7 and 14 & 15 and the members can't figure out why! As for the new chef, I was invited for dinner by one of my friends and the food was just average but the prices jumped 60%. I remember the previous chef (I think his name was Matthew) and his food was outstanding...!

Just a comment on culture and one of the things that steered me away. Apparently the new owner's son, who runs the show, regularly drives his cart right up to the edge of all the greens and sometimes parks with the wheels on the putting surface. I guess that's what some people call 'culture'. I come from Oregon and we call it something else (TT).

+1 for Scottsdale and a shared house or condo.

Troon North, Boulders, Grayhawk, TPC Talking Stick and WeKoPa all have excellent 36 hole facilities.

Dont leave out Ak Chin Southern Dunes.

Quintero and Wickenberg require a little driving. And Sedona is worth a day trip.

Plenty of cheaper options too.

And dont forget to eat at Los Dos Molinos.