Any Speculations on TM Rossa Kia Ma line?

Skaffa77 ·  
Skaffa77Skaffa77 No place like the Sand Hills!ClubWRX  6931WRX Points: 232Posts: 6,931 ClubWRX
Just curious how people think the putter will sell...
I was curious what people thought for the potential sales "success" of TM's upcoming Rossa Kia Ma line. I noticed on GPP that they have a price of $359.99...which puts it in the OTR premium line.

Most Cameron putters sell for $300 and have been relatively successful in the retail market for premium putters. Many others have attempted to enter this price category (ex: Odyssey Black Series, Ping Redwood, Ping JAS, Mizuno/Bettinardi) and however good those putters were, they didn't seem to generate the same sales success as Cameron. So, with that said, I was just curious what people think...how well do you think this line will sell at a $300+ price.

Disclaimer: This is not a knock on the quality or performance of the Kia Ma line (they look fantasic and I'm sure their performance/quality will be great), just how well will they sell...
Posted:

Comments

• nobreak1970nobreak1970 Members  586WRX Points: 0Posts: 586
    Well I asked the guys at the local pro shop here in town about that exact thing. They display them in the same case as the Cameron's and the Mizuno Bett's.....well, apparently they need to change that but don't have another lockable case to separate them from the other 2 brands. They aren't selling at the price point currently assigned to them here. I haven't found them at any other shop locally at all. IMHO they(tm) need to lower the price point a bit.

I rolled a couple balls with one and it was very smooth, nice feel off the face and overall weight felt right. BUT, the Bettinardi's and SC's feel just as good if not better and aren't much more in price as we all know. Go figure. Personally I would've marketed them as the direct competition to the Ping Redwood series...same price point.

Peace.
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • SoCalTitleistSoCalTitleist Members  3257WRX Points: 137Handicap: 13Posts: 3,257 Titanium Tees
    I always see more used Mizunos and Odyssey Blacks than Scottys. They need to drop that price point, I dont see anyhthing special about them to warrant that much money.
    Posted:
  • HairpieHairpie Lincoln, CAMembers  2137WRX Points: 130Posts: 2,137 Platinum Tees
    They'll never succeed at that price point....I think at around $250 they might but pricing it at the top of the market is just a dumb idea...
    Posted:
    Cobra King f8/Alidila Nkv blue 60S
    TEE 15* XCG/DVS 70S
    Srixon h65 19*/miyazaki mizu 7S
    Srixon 565 4-PW / Nippon tour modus 105S
    Cleveland rtx 48*
    TM TP 52*
    TM TP ATV 56*
    John Byron Dalehead Eleven 

What TM needs to do is let Kia Ma out of the cave and have him go out EVERYWHERE if needed to market this great putter.
    Posted:
  • TM golf guyTM golf guy Members  9985WRX Points: 1Posts: 9,985 Titanium Tees
    I don't see them selling well at all initially. I think it will take a price drop below $200 to have any chance of decent numbers. The Cameron putters aren't flying off the shelves in golf shops now, why should a super expensive TM putter?
    Posted:
  • obsessedgolferobsessedgolfer Jr. Boomers  1840WRX Points: 1Posts: 1,840 ClubWRX
    You cant half be in the $300+ price point, meaning all of your putters have to be in that price point which is why I think Scotty is so successful, he maintains the same price point for all of his putters.
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
    Yep...but Cameron is a small operation compared to the entire Taylor Made "empire"....and that's the mistake of TM here with this putter line; a big corporation trying to market a nice milled quality line of putters as if it were like SC's studio operation, using only the designer's name....gotta love bad marketing.

According to Golf Digest this putter got a gold award, and it describes it(them) as an introductory offering from KiaMa and TM. NOT an introductory price at all.

Peace.
    Posted:
  • buellerbueller Members  828WRX Points: 0Posts: 828
    walked into my club proshop yesterday and was handed a 34" TP by KiaMa Maranello, I didnt leave it behind. Now saying that, my club sells to members 15% over cost and I had some shop credit from a event. I know the resale vlaue is not going to be there like a cameron but the putter is hands down the best feeling putter i have used.
    Posted:
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Ping G30 LS Tec 10.5*, Tour 65[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Ping Anser 14.5* fairway [/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Ping Anser 17*, 20* Hybrids[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Ping G30 4-SW, CFS [/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Mack Daddy PM grind 58*[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Ping CTR Tomcat C heavy 34"[/font]

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.