2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Pinemeadow Golf vs. Giga Golf

kleinrider

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I play the GX 920 irons from Giga golf and I am very happy with them. I've been using them for about 3 years now, and I can tell you they are very well put together and a very good deal for what you get. What you don't get is a ton of people knocking on your door when it's time to sell them. Regardless, I'm buying my next set from them too. Their service has exceeded my expectations, but I've heard that Pine Meadow is pretty good too.

Never dealt with Gigagolf and my experience with Pinemeadow is limited to a $20 68 degree super lob wedge I bought at Dunham's for laughs one day. I will say this though, based on the websites for each, they both look like they make a pretty decent product for a fairly good price. That being said, if you don't mind going the used route, I bet if you look in the used bin at your local large golf store (assuming there is one near by) you can probably get a pretty nice set of something name brand for a similar price. At the end of the day though it is all about what feels best to you, so I would try to demo the Gigagolf and Pinemeadow sets and if they work for you, buy em!

I went with giga golf a few years ago when I first started playing golf. The clubs were fine. I gave them to my brother in law who golfs 1-2 a year. However, I believe now that a much better and cost saving way to invest in clubs is to buy used. The Giga golf and pinemeadow clubs are equal to a box set that you would buy at a sporting good store. Many used clubs are far better for less or the same amount of money. By the time you pick all of the options you want with your clubs you will spend around $200. There are a ton of iron sets that you could game for that amount of money.

Two sets that I have and used and can be had a great prices are the Titleist DCI 762's (can buy a set for around $100), and the ping G2's (can buy a set for around $220).

Good Luck

ball game

imho, GigaGolf is superior to Pinemeadow--their stock shafts are superior. i think GigaGolf is a great way to get your feet wet with inexpensive custom clubs. their online static fitting is quite good. GigaGolf is where we ordered my wife's first set of clubs a few years ago (she has since upgraded to better name-brand equipment, now that she's as addicted to golf as i am). i know that when we get our niece her first set of grown-up clubs, it will be GigaGolf (not the least of which is because our niece is left-handed--try finding left-handed clubs for women, it's nearly impossible). you should also look into Hireko Golf--Golf Digest recommends them highly, which is a big deal since GD usually just shills for the big OEM's.

A 5 min surf on line and you can find, new

Wilson Ci6 $229 Ci7 $250 Pi7 $299- mid to low hadicappers
Adams a3 OS $299, incl 4 hybrids- super game improvement
Cobra SZ $299- SGI or FP $299 GI
Tour Edge Exotics EX3 $299
Nike Slingshot, 3 hybrids $320
Hogan BH 5 $159
5-PW Nickent 4dx pro $199

how do the clones stack up against a few of those? Particularly if you start changing grips and shafts?

• 3 weeks later...

decided to pull the trigger on a set of irons from GigaGolf. I got the GX922-Z

I used them twice so far, once on the range (off grass) then on an executive course. So far I am very very please with these clubs. They have a steel shaft my hand me down clubs had grafit shats (i had to give back the hand me downs) I am not sure how much the shaft is playing into it, and i got +.25 with +1 degree lie.

it seemed i was hitting the ball better. Now i don't know if i was hitting the ball better cause i have new clubs or i was being more aware of my swing and doing everything right. Either way i'll take it.

[quote name='kleinrider' date='30 April 2010 - 10:01 AM' timestamp='1272639709' post='2409949']
decided to pull the trigger on a set of irons from GigaGolf. I got the GX922-Z

I used them twice so far, once on the range (off grass) then on an executive course. So far I am very very please with these clubs. They have a steel shaft my hand me down clubs had grafit shats (i had to give back the hand me downs) I am not sure how much the shaft is playing into it, and i got +.25 with +1 degree lie.

it seemed i was hitting the ball better. Now i don't know if i was hitting the ball better cause i have new clubs or i was being more aware of my swing and doing everything right. Either way i'll take it.
[/quote]

I play their GX922-Zs as well. I've had good results with them, but I probably would have gone the used route had I not been given a gift certificate.

Their SGS wedges impress me the most. Very solid and less than $20/each if you go with the stock grip/shaft. Heck, at that price they're almost disposable!

I live about 5 miles from the Pinemeadow facilities. Figured that since they were local, that they would probably be an okay brand. I've been playing for about 5 years now. I am very thankful that I did not go with Pinemeadow.

I have a buddy who bought a whole set of Pinemeadow clubs about 2 years ago. He is a lawyer, but very cheap, :cheesy: . I go to the range with him every once in a while. I've hit his clubs side by side with mine and they are at least 1/2 club shorter than mine on well struck shots. His lofts are even stronger than mine. It could be the shafts, I am not sure. They also don't seem to be that forgiving really. For sure the woods are not that good. I hit the ball pretty far and when I would absolutely crush one with his 3 wood, it felt great, but went 30 yards shorter.

They seem to be okay quality wise, but the performance just isn't there. Could be the shafts or the heads or a combination, but they just seem to perform about 25-30% worse than the clubs I play. They would be okay for a guy who plays a few times a year, but if you're trying to get better, these clubs just don't seem to have the juice.

Just my experience!

• 2 years later...

[quote name='flaun' timestamp='1272653542' post='2410407']
I live about 5 miles from the Pinemeadow facilities. Figured that since they were local, that they would probably be an okay brand. I've been playing for about 5 years now. I am very thankful that I did not go with Pinemeadow.

I have a buddy who bought a whole set of Pinemeadow clubs about 2 years ago. He is a lawyer, but very cheap, :cheesy: . I go to the range with him every once in a while. I've hit his clubs side by side with mine and they are at least 1/2 club shorter than mine on well struck shots. His lofts are even stronger than mine. It could be the shafts, I am not sure. They also don't seem to be that forgiving really. For sure the woods are not that good. I hit the ball pretty far and when I would absolutely crush one with his 3 wood, it felt great, but went 30 yards shorter.

They seem to be okay quality wise, but the performance just isn't there. Could be the shafts or the heads or a combination, but they just seem to perform about 25-30% worse than the clubs I play. They would be okay for a guy who plays a few times a year, but if you're trying to get better, these clubs just don't seem to have the juice.

Just my experience!
[/quote]

Interesting my experience is quite different, I hit my 3 wood from hireko golf an average of 5-10 yards further than the big name brand clubs I've tried, a big reason to that is I was able to upgrade to a shaft I like, +1" lenght, oversize grips for around 65$ brand new,. To do that with a similar new club from Adams, Taylor Made or Nike would cost easily 2-3 times as much and not sure I wouldn't get a better shot with it. But results can be different for everyone.

[quote name='sitruk' timestamp='1270737085' post='2367730']
I play the GX 920 irons from Giga golf and I am very happy with them. I've been using them for about 3 years now, and I can tell you they are very well put together and a very good deal for what you get. What you don't get is a ton of people knocking on your door when it's time to sell them. Regardless, I'm buying my next set from them too. Their service has exceeded my expectations, but I've heard that Pine Meadow is pretty good too.
[/quote]

Same here with GX922s. I was thinking of buying "name brand" irons this year, but I hit the GX922s reasonably well and really couldn't justify a new set of irons at this time. I'm not much of a club "ho".

Buying used is a good way to go as well but GigaGolf will probably be less expensive for a statically fitted set. A used set might need some additional fitting which will add to costs.

• 2 years later...

I'm happy with Giga Golf. I'm 33 and i've been playing (seriously) for 3 years with mixed-matched thrift shop equipment, and later a RAM set. I ordered their Z4 irons and didn't like them, returned them and got the TRX Power Slot Irons and am happy with them. The return process was easy and smooth. The power slot irons seem VERY trampoline-like. With those irons (and a little practice of course) I have gained two club lengths with the irons. I later got TRX fairway woods (metals... whatever) with Grafalloy Blue shafts. I am now shopping for equipment for my wife. She is 5'1" and needs custom length and is picky about her grips so Giga Golf works well for that. The ability to customize every aspect of the equipment (shaft brand, length, flex, grips, grip size, lie angle) is great.

• 1 year later...

I went with giga golf a few years ago when I first started playing golf. The clubs were fine. I gave them to my brother in law who golfs 1-2 a year. However, I believe now that a much better and cost saving way to invest in clubs is to buy used. The Giga golf and pinemeadow clubs are equal to a box set that you would buy at a sporting good store. Many used clubs are far better for less or the same amount of money. By the time you pick all of the options you want with your clubs you will spend around $200. There are a ton of iron sets that you could game for that amount of money.

Two sets that I have and used and can be had a great prices are the Titleist DCI 762's (can buy a set for around $100), and the ping G2's (can buy a set for around $220).

Good Luck

ball game

I can tell you for a fact that Giga Golf's heads and what makes up a "box set from a sporting goods store" are nowhere near the same thing. I've been to the foundries. Box sets are made with zinc and similar ultra-cheap metals.

It has been a LONG time but my first set of irons was from GigaGolf... they were a knock off of the old Nike combo set. 3-7 were cb and 8, 9, pw were mb. They were a great set of irons and I believe they still sit in my Dad's attic... Back then they were less than $200 for the set of brand new clubs.... I also bought a 3 wood from them which was a knock off TM Burner... it was surprisingly long but had a rattle in the head after the first couple of trips out. Bottom line, I would definitely buy from them again if I were looking for decent clubs at a great price. Can't argue with going used either though, but at least from GG, you're getting never hit before clubs.

Titleist TSr2 10*  GD UB 6s

Ping G430 LST 15* HZRDUS smoke yellow 70s

Ping G430 19* Tour Chrome 2.0 85s

Srixon ZX7 mkii 4-7, Z-Forged ii 8-P KBS CTL 110

Ping s159 50/12s, 54/10h, 58/8b  KBS Tour
Ping Anser Milled 2  34"