Men's Casual Shoes

pinseekpinseek PinseekPosts: 164
Loafers or Drivers
With the increasing popularity of men's driver style comfort shoes, I'm curious to know how it is effecting the loafer popularity.

Comments

• RickKimbrellRickKimbrell Members Posts: 1,437 ✭✭
    I voted loafers. It is all I wear other than golf shoes. To be honest, I don't have a clue what "drivers" are.
  • pinseekpinseek Pinseek Posts: 164

I voted loafers. It is all I wear other than golf shoes. To be honest, I don't have a clue what "drivers" are.

Hi Rick, Thanks for the input. Drivers are kind of a cross between a loafer and slipper with not necessarily a full sole that has

become fashionable to wear when driving your car...thus Drivers.

go to [url="http://www.piedmontleather.com"]www.piedmontleather.com[/url] and check out the pictures of drivers.
  • QWKDTSNQWKDTSN Dreaming of Bandon Members Posts: 2,999
    Other than golf shoes, all I wear are driving shoes. I used to be loyal to Piloti shoes, but I moved to Puma driving shoes and prefer them. Very comfortable, thin, lightweight, stylish. yahoo.gif Pilotis are awesome, but more bulky, with more padding.
  • jimhairejimhaire Members Posts: 331 ✭✭
    Loafers in my opinion
  • RickKimbrellRickKimbrell Members Posts: 1,437 ✭✭
    Ok, went to the website and looked at "drivers". The loafers I wear with shorts are somewhat of a cross between the loafers and drivers. They don't have leather soles. They have a molded rubber sole and leather tops. I have looked at variations of the "drivers" (never saw them called that before) and they just did not seem like something I would like. I buy very good shoes and wear them for a very long time. The casual loafers I wear with shorts have been resoled (again full rubber sole) twice. I have a couple of pairs of loafers (full leather soles and rubber heels) for work that are FootJoy. I have had them resoled once or twice already and bought backup for them when FJ announced they would no longer be making them. I have probably less than a month's wear on them. Not much need to wear them until the others are in the shop again or just worn completely out.
  • Sinister1Sinister1 Members Posts: 8
    pinseek wrote:

With the increasing popularity of men's driver style comfort shoes, I'm curious to know how it is effecting the loafer popularity.

I wear Tennis Shoes, specifically New Balance that come in widths. I wear them on the golf course also. They seem to work as well as soft spikes and are more comfortable. YMMV.smilie_ping.gif
  • Matt5161Matt5161 Matt5161 Posts: 133
    I wear Sparrys image/good.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':good:' />
  • LUMALUMA I Am My Greatest Downfall Jax Beaches, FL.Posts: 2,368 ✭✭
    Sandals, Sparry's, Lacoste tennis shoes, but sandals 70% of the time for me. In Florida tho...
    Callaway Epic Sub Zero 9 deg / Aldila Rouge
    Titleist 915 F 15 deg / Diamana 70
    Callaway XR 19 deg Hybrid / Project X LZ S
    Titleist 718 MB PW-4i / Project X 6.0 
    Titleist Vokey SM5 50/54/58
    Scotty Cameron Newport 2.5
  • gibbyfangibbyfan Members Posts: 1,187 ✭✭
    I prefer loafers as well. I cannot stand the driver shoe fad. I have tried them on, but I have never found one to be comfortable. If I am going low profile shoes, I got with indoor soccer shoes!
  • SilverBulletsSilverBullets BMW Members Posts: 5,879 ✭✭
    Not voting because I don’t like either
    Taylormade M6 10.5* - HZRDUS Smoke Black 6.5
    Taylormade '16 M2 15*
    Titleist 816h 21*
    Callaway Apex 4i thru PW - Nippon Modus 125 Tour X
    Vokey SM6 50*, 54*, 58*
    Scotty Cameron Circa 62 No. 2 - Scotty Custom Shop
  • I wear a lot of drivers. Have about five pair. One thing about them is they wear out quick if you don’t find something with a little more sole on them. I have a couple of nubbed ones that are not cheap & they show a lot of wear. I have a pair of Ferragamo’s that still look great, but they have way more sole.
  • ShilgyShilgy Members Posts: 11,299 ✭✭
    I had never heard of drivers as well. While looking them up I found these shoes with a description that certainly has you covered.

Faranzi

Mens Driving Moccasins Penny Slip On Loafers Classic Comfortable Casual Driving Shoes Boat Shoes for Men.
    WITB
    Tools for the job!

To paraphrase Dr Seuss: Don't cry because the round of golf is over-smile because it happened . :)

Game is recovering from total ankle replacement. Getting there and glad to be pain free!
  • STPBMWSTPBMW Members Posts: 573 ✭✭
    edited Jul 20, 2018 #14
    Loafers every time. With a nice quality leather sole.
  • RRHRRH Members Posts: 306 ✭✭
    If you guys are looking for comfortable shoes that look good, look at Adidas Ultraboost 4.0. The Adidas Boost technology is the most comfortable shoe I've ever tried on. I'm 26 and I own many pairs of shoes so I know what is currently good in the shoe market!
  • MarkFromTheUKMarkFromTheUK Members Posts: 4,639 ✭✭
    Sandals with socks.
    PXG 0811X Gen2 9deg Driver - AD-GP 7TX
    PXG 0341X Gen2 15deg Fairway - AD-GP 8TX
    PXG 0311X Gen2 1 DI - KBS Prototype Graphite 95X
    PXG 0311X Gen2 3 DI - KBS Prototype Graphite 95X
    PXG 0311T Gen2 4-PW - Dynamic Gold X7
    PXG 0311T Sugar Daddy 51 - Dynamic Gold X7
    PXG 0311T Sugar Daddy 56 - Dynamic Gold X7
    PXG 0311T Zulu 61 - Dynamic Gold X7
    PXG Brandon H - 34.5”
    PXG Operator H - 34.5”
    Toulon Indianapolis - 34.5”
    PXG 50/50 Staff Bag
    Bridgestone Tour B X

KaBoom Baby!
  • cmckelvmicmckelvmi ClubWRX Posts: 104 ClubWRX
    I googled drivers vs loafers and I don't see a difference. I will stick with my Crocs with socks...