Slazenger Raw

memphishornmemphishorn memphishornClubWRX Posts: 800 ClubWRX
Are you sick of that commercial yet?
I have no desire to ever buy that golf ball but I am so tired of that commercial.

Anyone else sick of the "Sopranos" style commercial?
Titleist 915 D2 10.5* Diamana Blue 60 Regular
 Titleist 915F 15*Diamana Blue 70 Regular
 Titleist 904F 19* YS6 Stiff
Titleist Hybrid (816) 23* and (816) 25* Bassara Regular
Titleist AP1 718 6-GW1 Tensei Graphite Stiff
Vokey 52.08 SM6, 56.14 SM6
Scotty Cameron Newport Classic 
Titleist Hybrid 14 Bag

Classic Bag
MacGregor MT Tourney 1967 WM2T 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Persimmon w/ Aluminum Insert
MacGregor MT Tourney 1971 Split Sole irons 3-10
MacGregor VIP 1967 Sand Iron
Ping Anser 1969 85020
Burton White Leather Bag

Comments

• justinq721justinq721 O'Doyle Rules O'Doyle Rules Jr. Boomers Posts: 363
    lol yes I grew very annoyed with it the second time i saw it- the first time i thought it was just terrible

justin
  • progolf4lifeprogolf4life Members Posts: 1,361
    I've seen it over 7+ times and yes it's really annoying... image/wacko.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':friends:' />
  • manship1856manship1856 Members Posts: 350
    Wasn't the "Butcher" some kind of gangster on something? Seems like I've seen him in movies or on TV or something other than that commercial. It's really embarassing..

"It's OK Scratch, this guy's a player..."

Then why's he playing a Slazenger rock?
  • ajk278sajk278s Members Posts: 124
    The thing that annoys me most about the commerical is the guy driving the green on 350 yard hole. You would think they would have put a little more realism in it, that is how you should sell balls.

Is Slazenger still owned by TM? I was surprised to see that they are even still around.
  • tbowles411tbowles411 ClubWRX Posts: 25,060 ✭✭
    Almost as much as that "Hammer" commerical...ugh!
    **Bag Construction in Progress**
    Mizuno ST190 G 9.5 (Lofted to 10)
    Mizuno ST190 3TS
    Mizuno CLK 2 Hybrid
    Mizuno Fli-Hi 4 Iron Replacement
    Mizuno JPX 919 Hot Metal (5-PW)
    Mizuno S18 Wedges - Blue Ion (50-7, 54-12, 58-16, 62-8)
    Scotty Cameron Phantom X12
    PING Vault 2.0 Craz-E **Backup**
  • thenewbiethenewbie Chimpanzee that monkey news! Members Posts: 1,549
    at ****'s they have a huge display for them, with a picture of the dude from the commercial. . .I'm sure their terrible balls, but I'm never going to find out from experience.
  • Kentsp1Kentsp1 Members Posts: 363 ✭✭
    YESSSSSSSS THANK U GOD YESSSSS. I wish someone would "wack" the soprano's guy so i NEVER EVER EVER EVER again have to hear "That's all we got here". Along with Slazenger should take out their advertising department and feed them to "Scratch". IMO
    Callaway Epic SZ  triple diamond 9* hzrdus smoke 6.5 / oban kiyoshi white 5
    Callaway Epic SZ 15* rogue max 85 X
    Mizuno mp18 flihi 3&4 / 5-w mp 18 mmc modus 120 x
    Mizuno s18 50, 55, 60 modus 120 x
    Scotty Cameron Phantom X 6 STR 34"
  • rs23rs23 Members Posts: 48
    In 1985, Dunlop Sports bought Slazenger, a very old and successful British sports company, and became known as Dunlop Slazenger. In 2004, the company owning Dunlop Slazenger sold to new owners, SWI, which started selling out, with the brand being licensed to Pacific Brands in Asia, and the Dunlop Slazenger Group in the U.S.

About two years ago, ****'s acquired the license to use the Slazenger name in the U.S., so Slazenger became a ****'s exclusive product. Whereas Slazenger (Dunlop Slazenger) in the U.S. was previously of higher quality (particularly in Tennis equipment), the Slazenger stuff from ****'s is different (****). Thus, the Slazenger in the U.S., Europe, and Asia, is not necessarily the same by any means. Don't be mad at "Slazenger". Be mad at the previous owners for selling out and messing up Dunlop Slazenger. And be mad at ****'s for turning a company with good products into lower market junk.

The guy from the commercial is actor Steve Schirripa from the Sopranos.
  • enickmaenickma Posts: 271
    SLAZENGER - MADE TO BE POUNDED image/bigwhack.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':friends:' />
  • jonnyb03jonnyb03 Members Posts: 318 ✭✭
    BEST BALL MADE!!!!!!!
    Taylormade M1
    Titleist 913F 13*
    Mizuno MP-54
    Vokey 52 and 56
    Piretti Potenza II
  • vwgolfervwgolfer Posts: 1,962 ✭✭
    This ad should be combined with The Villages, now that would be weird.
    F8 attas cool
    F8 3w. attas 3
    F6 hybrid. vts silver
    Z565. recoil 95
    Pur wedges
    Piretti Matera
  • alexthegrrr8alexthegrrr8 Aim high....score low!! Members Posts: 1,028
    Yeah that is one annoying commercial. The only good thing is the black panther (jaguar).

But on a brighter note...as a result of the Slazenger Raw marketing machine and The Golf Channel I have decided to change my bag entirely. I'm going with the Hammer driver, with the matching Zolex fairway woods, while wearing a Swing Glove topped off with my Raw balls. (Okay that last part sounded a little too personal, guess I better get that checked out).

Alex
  • I thought Tony capped that guy, weighted him down and through him in the ocean?? How is it that he has come back to chop meat and sell balls?
  • overtonaovertona Members Posts: 548 ✭✭
    That commercial just makes me hungry. It always seems to come on around dinner time!
  • cdesanacdesana Members Posts: 723
    YES!
  • LyleGLyleG Posts: 329
    TitleistFan wrote on May 9 2007, 08:27 AM:
    I thought Tony capped that guy, weighted him down and through him in the ocean?? How is it that he has come back to chop meat and sell balls?

p***y got thrown in the ocean. This guy plays Bobby and he is still alive and well and pretty much third in pecking order in the Soprano family.
  • HipCheckHipCheck Toed it a lil, Romes. The Right CoastMarshals Posts: 6,223 mod
    The guy can't be that good if he keeps losing balls like that.

"You back AGAIN?"
    Follow our Two Guys Talkin Golf (TG2) Podcast on Instagram + Twitter + iTunes + SoundCloud

• jjc2257jjc2257 Members Posts: 384 ✭✭
    vwgolfer wrote on May 9 2007, 07:28 AM:

Hate them both. Interesting side note..a friend of mine's parents bought a place in the Villages and he did some research...seems that the Villages is the "city" with the highest rate of STD's in the country!! Guess the old folks believe absolutely in unprotected romping. I know where I am going to retire!
  • Ogre41Ogre41 Posts: 1,170 ✭✭
    image/russian_roulette.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':friends:' /> I am so tired of that stinkin commercial! But the panther/cougar/puma/whatever is cool.
    Cobra Bio Cell Slime 
    Ping Rapture 14 Stiff
    Cobra s2 5 Wood Stiff
    Nike Pro Combo 20 
    Cobra Bio Cell 5-PW Stock Graphite S
    Bio Cell Gapper with a KBS 90 shaft (matches other wedges, isn’t helping things)
    TM ATV 54
    Cally Sureout 58
    Odyssey 2 Ball or Odyssey Versa White #1 Wide
    Kirkland 3 Piece
  • dtraindtrain Members Posts: 408
    edited May 9, 2007 #21
    So if i want a sleeve of these balls do I have to go to a butcher to get them? Golf Channel will air anything. This commercial is so bad on so many levels. What the **** is a panther doing in meatlocker anyway? I want it RAW!
  • dtwainrightdtwainright Members Posts: 433
    And the blood on the ball at the end is a VERY classy touch
  • mr_divotsmr_divots Members Posts: 8,297
    Slazenger's ad motto should be:

"Tackiest balls in the business."

Completely classless commercial. Love the blood. Well done ****'s.
  • herkyjerkherkyjerk Members Posts: 1,347
    TitleistFan wrote on May 9 2007, 08:27 AM:
    I thought Tony capped that guy, weighted him down and through him in the ocean?? How is it that he has come back to chop meat and sell balls?

No that was Big Pusssy. This is his bro-in-law Bobby. He whacked a guy up in Canada earlier and he will go down for that before the show ends I think. I do not have such a big problem with the commercials although I think the balls are probably rocks. I was just at Tidewater in Myrtle Beach last week & they were giving away 6 packs or Raw with any shirt purchase.
    Callaway GBB 9* Kuro Kage 50x
    Callaway Bertha Mini 12* Kuro Kage 60x
    Callaway XR16 17* Kuro Kage 60x
    Callaway Apex 23* 26* Kuro Kage 80s
    Callaway Steelhead XR 6-SW XP95s
    Callaway Sure Out 58*
    Odyssey Tank #7
    Callaway Chrome Soft Yellow
  • vwgolfervwgolfer Posts: 1,962 ✭✭
    jjc2257 wrote on May 9 2007, 09:41 AM:

Hate them both. Interesting side note..a friend of mine's parents bought a place in the Villages and he did some research...seems that the Villages is the "city" with the highest rate of STD's in the country!! Guess the old folks believe absolutely in unprotected romping. I know where I am going to retire!

Oh my that is so scary.
    F8 attas cool
    F8 3w. attas 3
    F6 hybrid. vts silver
    Z565. recoil 95
    Pur wedges
    Piretti Matera
  • poppyhillsguypoppyhillsguy Members Posts: 3,146 ✭✭
    image/cheesy.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':friends:' />

You are so right!
    vwgolfer wrote on May 9 2007, 11:54 AM:
    jjc2257 wrote on May 9 2007, 09:41 AM:

Oh my that is so scary.

actually, miami still holds the distinction. . .the villages are just a couple minutes away from my hometown, Ocala, Fl. its always terrible to have to drive near there, because all traffic basically comes to a stop from all the old people with their huge caddy's.

as for the STD thing, some people say its an urban myth, some people say its true. its supposed to be because these old people's husbands and wives are dropping like flies, and when they were young there really was no need for protection. supoosedly they don't know about condoms or any forms of contraception. its not like their worried about having kids!

oh yeah, and these commercialls still suck.
  • ilikegolfilikegolf Members Posts: 330 ✭✭
    The commercial must be helping them sell balls because they are spending a TONNNNN of money airing that thing as many times as they do.

That commercial is on every time i watch golf!
    Rogue Sub Zero 10.5* - Accra TZ245
    Nike VR 15* - Diamana Blue
    Ping G30 19* - Tensei Pro Blue 80Hy
    Srixon Z765 5-PW - Modus 120
    Ping Glide SS 50 / 54
    TM Hi Toe 58
    Bettinardi Studio #2 Face Balanced
  • dtraindtrain Members Posts: 408
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gkH5Qi0m44

Here ya go. You back again?! Love that line.
  • tetsujin808tetsujin808 Members Posts: 38
    Just Had to revive this thread! The "new" Raw commercial is even better than the first.
    in all fairness, the new one is just stright up vomit-enducing, but atleat theres a hot chick in it!

funny, I'm pretty sure I've seen those two big dudes from the new commercial at the range. they have one driver, 3 six-packs, and take turns attempting the "happy gilmore".

"dude, I f***ing KILLED that one, YEEEEAAAAHHHH!" the sure do get excited when they get out to that ellusive 200 yard marker.

tools.