Hawaii GolfWRX'ers.....what's new in the bag?

pitbull808

[quote name='pitbull808' timestamp='1395645197' post='8936643']
[quote name='Exactice808' timestamp='1395637121' post='8936385']
[quote name='chuckyuen' timestamp='1395635577' post='8936283']
Been too busy spending money at AGC to post in here, plus I see most of the guys on the forum at AGC. Recently I've picked up a Callaway Big Bertha driver and had Joey at AGC put a Basileus Fiamma shaft in it. I also got a X2Hot 3 and 5 wood from AGC and had them put in Graphite Designs G70 shafts in them. Got the new Cobra BioCell hybrid with a GD UT hybrid shaft in it. Also picked up some Miura K grind wedges, and an Odyssey Tank Putter. Most recently I picked up some Epon AF503 irons with PXi shafts in them.
[/quote]

Good God!!!! My co-worker/buddy just put a Basileus in a BioCell Driver from AGC.......$800 golf club I dont know how you guys can do it!!! But I will say that shaft is a beast. Something about it just works! Man I need to stop on by AGC but Im scared I'll get sucked into buying an $800 driver! LOL!
[/quote]

LOL..Chucky...didn't know you picked up a Tank...I would have sold you the one I had for a week! That Cobra BioCell HB is a great hybrid for sure and the GD UT is ALWAYS my choice for HB shafts. K Grinds...yup...got three of those too and you can't go wrong with them. The 60 I have bent to a 58 has made me a good bunker player for the first time ever.

Exactice...as for the Basileus...I've got the Fiamma too and it's been incredible for me. I've just about finished a review on it that I'll have posted here at GolfWRX. It does cost more but the feel in it can't be touched and I've probably spent over $1200 in shafts prior to the Fiamma for the same Miura SIT 460 head that I've played for almost two years now. The Fiamma has me loving my SIT more than ever and as many new drivers that have caught my eye, I can't see even messing with what I've got now. Don't be afraid to drop by AGC...Joey and Adam are great fitters and they won't fit you into anything they don't think will actually help your numbers. I've seen Joey on more then one occasion suggest swing changes first and to come back later.
[/quote]

Joey is a trip.... That guy saved my putting. I posted this in another thread but the funniest thing..... I had a 10 minute putting lesson from him. Brought my stuff hit hit a couple shots and asked, Ok what can I do? You know what he said? "You have the ugliest putting stroke and there is nothing we can do" at first I was stunned.... but he was dead serious! He then went on to correct me and that was the best lesson I have ever gotten. Right now my game is coming along and I am quite happy with my setup, hence the fear to step into a fitting and find something else to feed the need hahaha!

TM - Stealth 1.0 - Rouge 70X
TM 15* M2v1 - RIP Phenom 60S
TM 18* M2v1 - Rogue 60S
Sub70- 649mbs-PW-6 ,639 CBs-5-4   PX 6.0 Rifles - Incoming Sub70 659CB!!!!!!!
Vokey SM7 - 50*/8*, 56*/10* & 60*/8* S200
Scotty Newport 2 - 33"

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with Reid on the Fiamma. I previously had a GD DI and a BB, and the Fiamma not only outperforms the two, it feels much better. I tend to like shafts that don't feel too boardy, but can keep up when I decide that I want to swing a little harder, and the Fiamma fits me perfectly. Exactice808, if you want to try the Fiamma out, let me know and I'll meet you down at AGC so you can try it.

Taylormade M2 9.5* Graphite Design GP 6s
Taylormade M2 15* Graphite Design DJ 7x
Taylormade M1 17* and 21* Graphite Design Tour AD-GT 85s
Miura PP-9003 5-PW Nippon Ns Pro Modus 3 120 stiff
Titleist forged Vokey 50, 54, 58 wedges Nippon Ns Pro Modus 120
Scotty Cameron 009 beached 350 gram

[quote name='Exactice808' timestamp='1395646116' post='8936661'] [quote name='pitbull808' timestamp='1395645197' post='8936643'] [quote name='Exactice808' timestamp='1395637121' post='8936385'] [quote name='chuckyuen' timestamp='1395635577' post='8936283'] Been too busy spending money at AGC to post in here, plus I see most of the guys on the forum at AGC. Recently I've picked up a Callaway Big Bertha driver and had Joey at AGC put a Basileus Fiamma shaft in it. I also got a X2Hot 3 and 5 wood from AGC and had them put in Graphite Designs G70 shafts in them. Got the new Cobra BioCell hybrid with a GD UT hybrid shaft in it. Also picked up some Miura K grind wedges, and an Odyssey Tank Putter. Most recently I picked up some Epon AF503 irons with PXi shafts in them. [/quote] Good God!!!! My co-worker/buddy just put a Basileus in a BioCell Driver from AGC.......$800 golf club I dont know how you guys can do it!!! But I will say that shaft is a beast. Something about it just works! Man I need to stop on by AGC but Im scared I'll get sucked into buying an $800 driver! LOL! [/quote] LOL..Chucky...didn't know you picked up a Tank...I would have sold you the one I had for a week! That Cobra BioCell HB is a great hybrid for sure and the GD UT is ALWAYS my choice for HB shafts. K Grinds...yup...got three of those too and you can't go wrong with them. The 60 I have bent to a 58 has made me a good bunker player for the first time ever. Exactice...as for the Basileus...I've got the Fiamma too and it's been incredible for me. I've just about finished a review on it that I'll have posted here at GolfWRX. It does cost more but the feel in it can't be touched and I've probably spent over $1200 in shafts prior to the Fiamma for the same Miura SIT 460 head that I've played for almost two years now. The Fiamma has me loving my SIT more than ever and as many new drivers that have caught my eye, I can't see even messing with what I've got now. Don't be afraid to drop by AGC...Joey and Adam are great fitters and they won't fit you into anything they don't think will actually help your numbers. I've seen Joey on more then one occasion suggest swing changes first and to come back later. [/quote] Joey is a trip.... That guy saved my putting. I posted this in another thread but the funniest thing..... I had a 10 minute putting lesson from him. Brought my stuff hit hit a couple shots and asked, Ok what can I do? You know what he said? "You have the ugliest putting stroke and there is nothing we can do" at first I was stunned.... but he was dead serious! He then went on to correct me and that was the best lesson I have ever gotten. Right now my game is coming along and I am quite happy with my setup, hence the fear to step into a fitting and find something else to feed the need hahaha! [/quote]

LMAO!!! Don't remember that but glad the improved putting stroke is working! :good:

[quote name='da master 808' timestamp='1395712710' post='8943863']
[quote name='Exactice808' timestamp='1395646116' post='8936661'] [quote name='pitbull808' timestamp='1395645197' post='8936643'] [quote name='Exactice808' timestamp='1395637121' post='8936385'] [quote name='chuckyuen' timestamp='1395635577' post='8936283'] Been too busy spending money at AGC to post in here, plus I see most of the guys on the forum at AGC. Recently I've picked up a Callaway Big Bertha driver and had Joey at AGC put a Basileus Fiamma shaft in it. I also got a X2Hot 3 and 5 wood from AGC and had them put in Graphite Designs G70 shafts in them. Got the new Cobra BioCell hybrid with a GD UT hybrid shaft in it. Also picked up some Miura K grind wedges, and an Odyssey Tank Putter. Most recently I picked up some Epon AF503 irons with PXi shafts in them. [/quote] Good God!!!! My co-worker/buddy just put a Basileus in a BioCell Driver from AGC.......$800 golf club I dont know how you guys can do it!!! But I will say that shaft is a beast. Something about it just works! Man I need to stop on by AGC but Im scared I'll get sucked into buying an $800 driver! LOL! [/quote] LOL..Chucky...didn't know you picked up a Tank...I would have sold you the one I had for a week! That Cobra BioCell HB is a great hybrid for sure and the GD UT is ALWAYS my choice for HB shafts. K Grinds...yup...got three of those too and you can't go wrong with them. The 60 I have bent to a 58 has made me a good bunker player for the first time ever. Exactice...as for the Basileus...I've got the Fiamma too and it's been incredible for me. I've just about finished a review on it that I'll have posted here at GolfWRX. It does cost more but the feel in it can't be touched and I've probably spent over $1200 in shafts prior to the Fiamma for the same Miura SIT 460 head that I've played for almost two years now. The Fiamma has me loving my SIT more than ever and as many new drivers that have caught my eye, I can't see even messing with what I've got now. Don't be afraid to drop by AGC...Joey and Adam are great fitters and they won't fit you into anything they don't think will actually help your numbers. I've seen Joey on more then one occasion suggest swing changes first and to come back later. [/quote] Joey is a trip.... That guy saved my putting. I posted this in another thread but the funniest thing..... I had a 10 minute putting lesson from him. Brought my stuff hit hit a couple shots and asked, Ok what can I do? You know what he said? "You have the ugliest putting stroke and there is nothing we can do" at first I was stunned.... but he was dead serious! He then went on to correct me and that was the best lesson I have ever gotten. Right now my game is coming along and I am quite happy with my setup, hence the fear to step into a fitting and find something else to feed the need hahaha! [/quote]

LMAO!!! Don't remember that but glad the improved putting stroke is working! :good:
[/quote]

If this is Joey.... dude you have saved my confidence and my golf game!!!! I really really really really.... Did I mention really appreciate it! You helped me out huge. All my playing partners now dont call me "Roberto Duran" any more ahahaha (if you are not familiar look up his nickname). Thanks man!

TM 18* M2v1 - Rogue 60S
Scotty Newport 2 - 33"

[[quote name='Exactice808' timestamp='1395714323' post='8944083']
If this is Joey.... dude you have saved my confidence and my golf game!!!! I really really really really.... Did I mention really appreciate it! You helped me out huge. All my playing partners now dont call me "Roberto Duran" any more ahahaha (if you are not familiar look up his nickname). Thanks man!
[/quote]

That's the one and only....JT.

[quote name='Mitchell' timestamp='1395716946' post='8944433']
Just got my chromatic bronze 009 w/ 1.5 neck and F305 15* shipped from back home in NC,
[/quote]

Nice!

Reid or Joey,
Looking forward to getting more info on Basileus shafts, have a friend on tour now that used to hoard the Shaqx fairway shafts and he is very impressed with this brand in heavier weight, which shaft would be comparable to Shaqx?

Titleist TSR2 10* (d4 surefit) Fujikura Motore Speeder 7.2s
Titleist 904f 17* YS7+s
Titleist 962b 3-pw s300
Cleveland zipcore tour rack custom 52* s400
Cleveland zipcore tour rack custom 58* s400
Ping Zing2 BeCu

[quote name='Mitchell' timestamp='1395801495' post='8952025']
Reid or Joey,
Looking forward to getting more info on Basileus shafts, have a friend on tour now that used to hoard the Shaqx fairway shafts and he is very impressed with this brand in heavier weight, which shaft would be comparable to Shaqx?
[/quote]

Hi Mitchell,

Long time no see! I remember the shaqx. A beast of a shaft! Closest thing to that shaft would probably be Spada Pro Spec. You can find all the specs on basileusgolf.com.

Howzit Joey!
Unfortunately work has been a bit crazy and just getting over an ankle injury from training, hope to get more free time soon and catch up, maybe do some fairway wood and hybrid testing. Hope you and the rest of the guys are well- mahalo!

Titleist TSR2 10* (d4 surefit) Fujikura Motore Speeder 7.2s
Titleist 904f 17* YS7+s
Titleist 962b 3-pw s300
Cleveland zipcore tour rack custom 52* s400
Cleveland zipcore tour rack custom 58* s400
Ping Zing2 BeCu

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='mauiatheart' timestamp='1396936970' post='9044215']
Just picked up a Yonex 0 (driving) iron. Hopefully it works. If it doesn't, sell the head and I still have a DI shaft to install in something.
[/quote]

LMAO...where'd you pick up the Yonex?? I think Bubba had one for a weekend. :D

I bought two putters in three days...not sure either one will be played. The one I picked up on Saturday was a Odyssey 9 Metal X Milled Versa...was so pretty and I had a bunch of gift cards I HAD to get it. The second one today...accidental pick up. I went to check out a used Odyssey Protype Tour Series #3 that was so cheap and pristine at $120 that I kept thinking about it. Ended up leaving with a Cameron Futura X Dual Balance. Yes..don't ask me why...just felt right at the moment at least while I was rolling it at the shop.

[quote name='pitbull808' timestamp='1396937338' post='9044227']
Just picked up a Yonex 0 (driving) iron. Hopefully it works. If it doesn't, sell the head and I still have a DI shaft to install in something.
[/quote]

I bought two putters in three days...not sure either one will be played. The one I picked up on Saturday was a Odyssey 9 Metal X Milled Versa...was so pretty and I had a bunch of gift cards I HAD to get it. The second one today...accidental pick up. I went to check out a used Odyssey Protype Tour Series #3 that was so cheap and pristine at $120 that I kept thinking about it. Ended up leaving with a Cameron Futura X Dual Balance. Yes..don't ask me why...just felt right at the moment at least while I was rolling it at the shop.
[/quote]I actually considered picking up that Futura X too. It felt pretty good. But don't wanna mess with the Byron that's working now.

I did recently pick up a Callaway Big Bertha (non-Alpha) with a Basileus Leggero shaft, fitted by Joey at Aloha Golf. Beautiful combo!

[quote name='pitbull808' timestamp='1396937338' post='9044227']
[/quote]

[/quote]

Got it off BST. Call me the lowball king. Figured that the shaft was worth almost as much as I paid for the whole club.

[quote name='mauiatheart' timestamp='1396984784' post='9048479']

Got it off BST. Call me the lowball king. Figured that the shaft was worth almost as much as I paid for the whole club.
[/quote]

LOL...I already do call you that.....I know to see you if I see anything I want! LOL! :D

• 3 weeks later...

Chee hoo after 7 years I finally got a new golf bag..... More so I got it free.. My friends wife texted me the other night, you want a golf bag? I was like what?? For reals? Her boss was giving it away some kinda perk from work. My old stand bag 2 big holes in it, 3 of the zippers dont work, I tore the top cover and the stands are bent.... Wow So nice to have a new bag!!!!

97651856.336.255.jpg

TM 18* M2v1 - Rogue 60S
Scotty Newport 2 - 33"

Nice Jack Daniels bag! I've never seen one before. :drinks:

I've got the opposite problem....too many bags...but then again..I've got too many clubs! I think I'm up to about 12 bags at the moment....one I think is 24" across full of putters. :blush:

[quote name='pitbull808' timestamp='1399049602' post='9218709']
Nice Jack Daniels bag! I've never seen one before. :drinks:

I've got the opposite problem....too many bags...but then again..I've got too many clubs! I think I'm up to about 12 bags at the moment....one I think is 24" across full of putters. :blush:
[/quote]

Yeah tripped me out when she said I hope dont mind Jack Daniels on the side, I was like no way! Ill all about a couple of Jack and Cokes after a rough round hahaah.

12 bags??? I wont lie, have 3 in my house now, but before this one, all 3 were like 5 years and older, zippers broker, straps coming off, material shredding... it looked bad.....

TM 18* M2v1 - Rogue 60S
Scotty Newport 2 - 33"

• 1 month later...

Hey all - I'm going to be on Oahu for the month of July. Will have my clubs and a rental car. Not sure which dates I'll be able to play - probably short notice.

I'm staying in Waikiki.

Looking for recommendations on everything. Golf, food, bars, must-see outdoor activities. Everything!

Wouldn't mind playing with some WRXer, too, Who has ins with private clubs?

PS - I'm a 9.9 trending down

Edit: Since this is a WITB here ya go!

kf1w2d.jpg

• 2 months later...

So anyone buy anything new lately? LOL..noticed this forum is pretty dead considering it once was the most lively Region on GolfWRX. I know two of the bigger ho's moved from the 808. Mach1 is still around and I see he's got new stuff pretty much weekly in the bag. I don't think there's a driver made that hasn't gone in and out of his bag in the last five years!

I got to see the new Mizuno JPX850 driver and 3 wood the other day at Aloha Golf Center when the Mizuno Rep was visiting. Talk about great timing..finally got to talk to the guy who gives me sh!t via twitter in person! Brian's a real nice guy though...showed all the new Mizuno clubs and got to hit them at the same time. Really loving the looks of that 850 driver. Love the tech as well. I've always been a fan of Mizuno and loved that they came out with the Slider weights way before TM and Cally. The irons also looked great as well. Doubt I'll be changing from any of my Miura sets to them but still enjoyed the sneak peek.

The only thing I've added recently was a Wilson 8802..the new one...probably won't see the light of day but looks nice sitting next to the other ten 8802's I have and twenty other 8802 style putters I have.

Hope everyone is keeping it in the short grass!

Hey Pitbull, wowzas you got see and hit the 850 driver already that was fast! Hope it was nice?

Nothing really new other than I was able to get a Project X PXv 6.0 for my driver..... Night and day from the stock Kuro Kage.... Glad I made the switch on top of getting it super cheap!

Other than that..... very happy with my bag right now, Its helped my drop my Hdcp don almost 6 points..... not saying much as I was a pretty terrible golfer to begin with but cant really complain no were else to go but down LOL!

Anywys keep it up and hope to see you in a couple of months.... Sony coming around soon! Will you be with Dougie again this year?

TM 18* M2v1 - Rogue 60S
Scotty Newport 2 - 33"

[quote name='Exactice808' timestamp='1409857071' post='10064895']
Hey Pitbull, wowzas you got see and hit the 850 driver already that was fast! Hope it was nice?

Nothing really new other than I was able to get a Project X PXv 6.0 for my driver..... Night and day from the stock Kuro Kage.... Glad I made the switch on top of getting it super cheap!

Other than that..... very happy with my bag right now, Its helped my drop my Hdcp don almost 6 points..... not saying much as I was a pretty terrible golfer to begin with but cant really complain no were else to go but down LOL!

Anywys keep it up and hope to see you in a couple of months.... Sony coming around soon! Will you be with Dougie again this year?
[/quote]

Yup..got to hit the new Mizuno stuff. You hang out at enough golf shops or as in my case..be part of the furniture at AGC you see everything new that comes out pretty early when Rep's stop by. Nice that Joey usually gives me a heads up if someone is coming and he thinks I'd be interested. I've met Brian the Mizuno rep a few times over the years as well so he's pretty welcoming to my questions and request for "test drives".....pun intended!

Good to hear you've found a shaft that works. The motor's the most important thing in any club at least IMO.

For sure if Dougie's at Sony..I'll be there lugging the bag! :D

[quote name='pitbull808' timestamp='1409910254' post='10068713']
[quote name='Exactice808' timestamp='1409857071' post='10064895']

[/quote]

Yup..got to hit the new Mizuno stuff. You hang out at enough golf shops or as in my case..be part of the furniture at AGC you see everything new that comes out pretty early when Rep's stop by. Nice that Joey usually gives me a heads up if someone is coming and he thinks I'd be interested. I've met Brian the Mizuno rep a few times over the years as well so he's pretty welcoming to my questions and request for "test drives".....pun intended!

Good to hear you've found a shaft that works. The motor's the most important thing in any club at least IMO.

For sure if Dougie's at Sony..I'll be there lugging the bag! :D
[/quote]

Dude I get mizuno Irons.... I need to come down when the rep is there. I am a fan LOL!!! Yups that shaft finally...... took forever to jump ship on the Kuro Kage... but my ego finally gave out LOL!

Awesome.... I should be on Jimmy's bag for the practice round at least this year. So see you there!

TM 18* M2v1 - Rogue 60S
Scotty Newport 2 - 33"