how much practise???!!!

animalisticanimalistic 7th Hole Ballybunion !!Jr. Boomers Posts: 1,235
hours at range/chipping green/putting green etc
how much practise do you guys do per day????

how many range balls would you hit in a session???and how many sessioons would you have a week???

how much time would you spend chipping and puttin a week???

or do you do your practise on the course???

Comments

• LegacyUserLegacyUser Guests Posts: 0
    Personally I go to the range 3 times a month unfortunetly now that my season

is over. I usually spend most of my time at the course but when I go I hit about 270+ balls. Working on my Long Irons and Fairway woods now. Only used to work on Short irons wedges and driver. The rest of the time not spent on the course or range I use a net out back. So im always doing something. Chipping and putting gets no work unfortunetly and if it did Id have a single digit handicap by now
  • MuirwolfMuirwolf Boo-Yah!! Lefty Boomers Posts: 155
    During the summer I usually play 9 holes a day each weekdays and then 18 on either saturday or sunday (taking the other day off), When it comes to range time I usually hit 40-50 balls as a warmup before my round and that's pretty much it. I usually spend an hour or a two chipping and putting on weekdays and then less than an hour on the whole weekend. During the winter I am just chipping and putting for an hour a cpl days a week until I get medically cleared to start hitting balls again.

Adam image/drinks.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
  • Missinglink08Missinglink08 Account Hold Posts: 375
    I have golf Monday-Friday 2:30- 5:30. On tuesdays and Thrusday's i go on the course wiht my coach's. The other days are usually on the range, putting green, and chipping area. Tons of differnt drills that keep it fun every day. I love going to golf everyday and i am never doing the same thing every day either. I hit a good amount of balls everyday. Alot of video analysis and 3 coachs for all 5 days a week. I don't think it gets better than that...... Missing Link Golf Academy
  • Flo37Flo37 Members Posts: 341
    I either play or hit balls every day in the summer. I do both if I can. At my home course I usually pick up as many range balls as I can walking down the 18th. Then I'll hit those and putt. At the range by my house I hit as much as I want for only $5, during the H.S. season it's free. I always have a club in my hand, putting in my basement or chipping in the yard. Unfourtunatly during the winter, believe it or not it snows in Minnesota, I can't play. There's a golf dome near me that I go which has a turf putting green. The green is awful all the holes slant towards the cup. You'll miss one by three inches and all of a sudden it just dives into the hole. But there are some flat putts though and it's good for speed control. I cannot wait for the spring though. Spring break is gonna be amazing, nine rounds in seven days.
  • i_luv_golf_i_luv_golf_ Jr. Boomers Posts: 428
    Right Now Its Winter Over Here In Ireland So For Me Its

WINTER:

MONDAY: SCHOOL THEN AFTER SCHOOL I'LL SWING A WEIGHTED CLUB TO BUIL UP CLUB HEAD SPEED

TUESDAY:SCHOOL THEN AFTER I'LL CHECK MY SWING AND SWING THE WEIGHTED CLUB

WEDNESDAY:'' ''

THURSDAY:'' ''

FRIDAY:'' ''

SATURDAY: SOCCER MATCH USUALLY UNTIL ABOUT 2 SO I DONT HAVE MUCH TIME SO I DO THE SWING AND THE CLUB AGAIN!( IF I DON'T HAVE A MATCH I GET OUT 1-5 FOR PRACTICE) OH AND EVERY SECOND SATURDAY I HAVE A LESSON WITH A PRO FOR 1 HOUR AND I HIT BALLS FOR ANOTHHER HOUR.

SUNDAY:I DO ABOUT AN HOUR AND A HALF ON PUTTING, AN HOUR ON BUNKER SHOTS, HALF HOUR ON PITCHING AND 40 MINUTES AROUND THE GREENS. THEN I'LL HIT ABOUT 6O OR 80 BALLS IRONING OUT SOME IRONS. I DONT LIKE TO GET THE BIG DOG OUT ON MY DRIVING RANGE BECAUSE ITS ONLY 170 YARDS LONG SO THE LONGEST CLUB I TAKE OUT IS A 4 IRON!

SUMMER: I HAVE A BUDDY AND ME AND HIM COME OUT AT LEAST 6 DAYS A WEEK!

MONDAY: I'M OUT AT 9 IN THE MORNING AND I PUTT FOR AN HOUR AND A HALF THEN I HIT 60 BALLS OR SO TRYING TO PITCH THEM INTO AN UMBRELLA. THEN I HIT ABOUT 40 BALLS OUT OF THE ROUGH TRYING TO GAIN DISTANCE OR WORK ON TECHNIQUE. THEN ITS A 40 MINUTE SESSION OUT OF BUNKERS. THEN AN HOUR OR SO HITTING SHOTS ANYWHERE AROUND THE PITCHING GREEN. THEN WE EITHER GO OUT TO PLAY AND GET LUNCH LATER OR IF WE'RE NOT PLAYING WE GET LUNCH AND RELAX FOR MAYBE 40 MINUTES. THEN WE MIGHT PLAY 6 HOLES AND THEN GO TO THE 300 YARD RANGE BESIDE IT. THEN WE DO THINGS LIKE SHAPING SHOTS WITH FAIRWAY WOODS AND DRIVER AND LONG DRIVE COMPETITIONS.

TUESDAY THERES A COMPETITON SO AFTER IM TIRED AND I ONLY WORK ON PUTTING OR PITCHING ETC.

AND BASICALLY WE PLAY AS OFTEN AS WE CAN WITHOUT NEGLECTING OUR RANGE TIME.

IF I DO THIS I'M BOUND TO DROP TEN SHOTS BY THE END OF THE YEAR EVEN IF I CAN ALLREADY PLAY TO 15 SHOTS UNDER MY HANDICAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YEAH THATS RIGHT CUT ME!!!!!!! image/rolleyes.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':cheesy:' />
  • BridgestoneKevinBridgestoneKevin Take what you want, not whats givin Members Posts: 301
    I try to get out everyday, unless there is something school related like a big test, but im basically out everyday. I normally will hit a bucket of balls as a warm up and then go play with some friends, only 6 or 9 depends on the daylight. I have started working on my putting a lot more because that is where you win tournaments, so you have to do it. Weekends i basically try to get 18 in on both days. An Average week would consist of 6 days of playing, my coach does not work mondays so sometimes i wont come out.
  • ScottWS33ScottWS33 Up and down for par Jr. Boomers Posts: 1,379
    Currently I am hitting about 150 balls three times a week. In the summer holidays I will hit about 150-200 balls everyday but unfortunately I don't have the luxury of that just now.
    Callaway Big Bertha Alpha 9° (set to 10°) w/ Speeder 565 Stiff
    Titleist 910F 17° (set to 16.25°) w/ MFT Kai'li 75 Stiff
    Titleist 913H 21° (set to 20.25°) w/ Diamana S+ 82HY Stiff
    Titleist AP2 4-9 w/ XP 95 S300
    Vokey SM4 46°, 52°, 56°, 60°
    Scotty Cameron GoLo S 34"
  • italianstallionitalianstallion Bethpage Black - 8th hole Junior Mod Squad Posts: 3,016 ✭✭
    edited Feb 3, 2006 #9
    In the summer I'm hitting balls everyday for at least 2 hours a day. I putt for another half hour, and work on my short game for an hour. All in my yard.

Winter I'll putt for an hour a night. Every other day I do 10 reps of 15 pushups (hard, not slow) and 3 reps of 50 situps. After I'm done doing the reps I max out in each. And then I carry around a squishy ball to squeeze and get my forearms jacked.
  • BigT7BigT7 Members Posts: 246 ✭✭
    In the summer I wake up, work on short irons and short game in my yard all day, unless I go play a round. In Alaska in the summer it is light all night so somedays I wake up at say 10 AM and Ill hit balls in my field until 2 AM, of course with some breaks in between. Some days Ill hit up to 2000-2250 balls.
  • IH823PUTTIH823PUTT Members Posts: 674 ✭✭
    Wake up at 6 am.

6-8 running, workout.

8-9 break and breakfast

9-11 putting

11-12 chipping

12:15-1 hitting balls

1-1:30 lunch

1:30-3 hitting balls

3-10 Playing golf usually 36-54 holes a day.

I hope to move to the states in the next couple of years, and practice for scholarship opportunites, as well as sponsorships.
    WITB:
    Cobra F9 8* w/ TBD
    Titleist F3.05 w/ Pro95, X
    Fourteen Proto 2i w/ DG X100
    Mizuno MP-18 FLI-HI 3 W/ Nippon Modus 125, X
    Mizuno MP-18 SC 4-6, MP-18 MB 7-PW
    Don White Custom 52* & 58* w/ DG AMT T.I., S400
    Bettinardi BB34 Tour Stock w/ Tungsten Weights

WITB Link
  • italianstallionitalianstallion Bethpage Black - 8th hole Junior Mod Squad Posts: 3,016 ✭✭
    BigT7 wrote on Feb 5 2006, 06:47 AM:

In the summer I wake up, work on short irons and short game in my yard all day, unless I go play a round. In Alaska in the summer it is light all night so somedays I wake up at say 10 AM and Ill hit balls in my field until 2 AM, of course with some breaks in between. Some days Ill hit up to 2000-2250 balls.

That is really cool. I have a friend tha use to live up there, and he said it was great, except for the winter months.
  • BigT7BigT7 Members Posts: 246 ✭✭
    Ya it is pretty cool in the summer. But juust recnetly it was -45 degrees out, its a little tough to Golf at that temperature!
  • Dsk321Dsk321 Members Posts: 267
    School ends around 3:20 and I get to the range at around 3:50 depending on little bro's schedule ( I drive him around). So typically I chip for an hour, put for 45 min to an hour, and hit balls any time in between. Typically stay from 7:00 to 7:30. 9 Hole practice rounds happen occassionally. Lessons are twice in the weekdays. I'm burnt practicing and then I gotta do HOMEWORK OMG!!! jk.... but seriously, i gotta do it.... golf and college.....omg.....sorry for rant (at least its kinda funny)... image/russian_roulette.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':drinks:' />
    Cleveland Custom XL 7.5* Kai'li 70x
    Adams Speedline Super LS 15* Px8a4
    Adams VSTpro 17 SPXVST Black 85x
    Ping S56 KBS tour X 3-PW
    Scratch 8620 54/60
    Byron Morgan 8812
  • SCameron009SCameron009 ¡~WRX~! Members Posts: 1,784 ✭✭
    Well living up in the north it's kind of hard to do any practice during the winter besides strength training and putting. During the summer every day is spend at the golf course - pretty much all day long. I work at the course during the summer so typically I will work the morning shift that is from 6AM until 12:30 or 1. I get a few breaks where I can go hit balls and what not, but most of my practice is done in the afternoon. When the days are long, I might be out there until 8-8:30 hitting golf balls until the sun goes over the horizon. I will typically after my shift, grab a quick bite to eat, hit the range, and just get lose, hitting some knockdown PW's and then some Drivers, and i'm ready to go for a quick 18. When I come in, I'll cool down for a bit, then go out to the range and work on whatever may have caused me trouble that tday, I would be on the putting green if I putted bad, and I would be hitting controlled knockdown shots if those 100-120 yard shots were giving me trouble.

- Bryan
  • kkherekkhere Jr. Boomers Posts: 1,138
    I usually just putt for a bit and practice chipping and sand shots before i go out for 18. If i played bad ill work on what was giving me trouble
  • nuffy12nuffy12 Jr. Boomers Posts: 150
    try to go for bout hour every day after school on weekends i play and practise. But im lucky the golf course is at the end of my backyard. So i dont have to travel.
  • MuirwolfMuirwolf Boo-Yah!! Lefty Boomers Posts: 155
    Do you guys ever get worried that you will wear yourself out hitting hundreds and hundreds of balls a day and playing 36+ holes? I will go to the range if I need to work on something, but that isn't pounding balls like vijay all day long, I guess I find that injury happens when your body is the most worn down.

image/drinks.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />
  • hacker17hacker17 Dan the Man Members Posts: 774
    Five times a week to the range. I hit about 150 balls each day. I practice putting in my room for at least a half hour every day.
  • onemomentintimeonemomentintime Members Posts: 187
    that all depends upon what needs to be worked on..however no part of the game is ever left completely untouched..don't want anything every remotely rusty.
  • gslabbertgslabbert Senior Tour Hack !! Members Posts: 364
    edited Mar 1, 2006 #21
    I was given this schedule a few years back and it is based on the number of shots and type of shots you hit in a round of golf.

Total Practice time: 3 hr and 30 minutes

Putting: 1 hour

Driver / wedge 1 hour (Hit 5 drivers and then 5 wedges)

3w - 4 iron: 15 minutes

5 iron - 9 iron: 15 minutes

Chip and Pitch: 45 minutes

Sand: 15 minutes

Now you use these numbers as a base line and then look at your stats (GIR etc) and modifiy it. For me this works pretty well, however I double the time twice a week to 7 hours. Do that in 2 sessions 3:30 in the morning, go home for lunch and then 3:30 in the afternoon.

For the half day session I will play 9 holes with 2 balls and play the worst ball, hitting 2 shots from the that position. Once a week I will also play stroke play against myself with 2 balls. I have 2 jars at home and I have my wifes name on one and mine on the other. When I play play stroke play against myself there is a small purse of $10 bucks, I put my name on one ball and my wifes name on the other, The $10 purse goes into the winning jar (no money comes out) and at the end of the year we use that money for dinner or if I whoop up on the wife all year then I have enough money for a nice gift. The side benefit is that you get to hit a ball with your wifes name on it, and their is some satisfaction in that. image/cheesy.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />