Season Starting

sync71sync71 Jr. Boomers Posts: 1,534
Well for all of us that have been putting up with snow for the last few months. I was wondering when do you think your season will be starting this year. I'm hoping to get out on my birthday(april 8th). When do you guys plan to get out.

MassenaRedRaiders

Comments

• BigT7BigT7 Posts: 244 ✭✭
    Hopefully up here in Alaska the courses will open up by early May...ya not until May!

Big T
  • SCameron009SCameron009 ¡~WRX~! Members Posts: 1,783 ClubWRX
    Maine... we will probably be openin up in about 2 weeks, my buddies course is opening up next weekend, so I'll go play up there.

- Bryan
  • italianstallionitalianstallion Bethpage Black - 8th hole Junior Mod Squad Posts: 3,016 ✭✭
    Tradition for me is that my first round is always played the same weekend as the Masters.
  • KingOAcesKingOAces Jr. Boomers Posts: 739
    edited Mar 5, 2006 #5
    I've played all through the winter whenever possible, but only on one of the courses (Bay) at Seaview Country Club. The other(Pines) will reopen on my birthday (Apr.2). Around this time is when most of the others will re-open, if they have not already done so.

KinG
  • I_Am_TigerStrongI_Am_TigerStrong MT Golfer Jr. Boomers Posts: 56
    Surprisingly a course here in northwest Montana has opened!!!!!! Just played my first round of the year at Polson Country Club right on Flathead Lake. Real nice track.
  • sync71sync71 Jr. Boomers Posts: 1,534
    Wow and I thought I had it bad waiting till april, waiting till may must really suck.
  • GolferGal2009GolferGal2009 about that.... Members, Jr. Boomers Posts: 466
    i'm going golfing for spring break so 10 MORE DAYS.... YEEEEESSSSSS

where i live, the courses don't open until around aprilish... but it honestly doen't get decent outside until may. ya, i know....
  • kkherekkhere Jr. Boomers Posts: 1,138
    This weekend is supposed to be nice in NY so hopefully i'll get out and play
  • kblakeney35kblakeney35 Jr. Boomers Posts: 937
    Just found out today that practice starts the 20th, with the first meet on April 4th. Wish me and bgaal(teammate and brand new wrxer) good luck!
  • wholeinwon wholeinwon Members Posts: 2,236 ClubWRX
    Played my first round today...with some snow still on the ground...course open in about 2-3 weeks...course im working at in Alberta doesn't open till May 10th.
  • Lord ThomasLord Thomas Resident Royal Junior Mod Squad Posts: 880
    For spring break, my college golf team went to Virginia, so we've already gotten 4 rounds in this year (as ugly as the first few were.....), but it'll probably be a few weeks before I can make it out in Milwaukee.

-Thomas
  • Kilmer030Kilmer030 Members Posts: 11
    I live in Oklahoma and our season is basically year round with the exception of a few weeks each year. Our high school season has already started, as our first tourny was the 6th. Unfortunately, we have to wait 3 more weeks for the next one. Until then, the weather is 60's and windy image/cool.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
  • BigT7BigT7 Posts: 244 ✭✭
    MassenaRedRaiders wrote on Mar 6 2006, 01:30 PM:

Wow and I thought I had it bad waiting till april, waiting till may must really suck.

Ya...tell me about it... image/russian_roulette.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
  • greenmachine0227greenmachine0227 Members Posts: 303
    We had our first match today. I didn't have to play (thank goodness). We had sustained winds of 25 MPH and it probably didn't get above 45*, not factoring in windchill. It's been blowing hard tonight and there's even been a little snow. We haven't had a calm day since the first day of tryouts two weeks ago.
  • k-unitk-unit Posts: 321
    our first match is april 12th i believe, i think the course should open before april 1st, probably like the 25 of march.

im in centeral CT