Talamonti Shaft review

TM golf guy

well the reason I was curious is I went to a Demo Day Sat and the big 7 were all there. I was able to hit a plethura of drivers and shafts and with what was there OEM the R9 was the best driver for me, with the A4 the 2nd best. The R9 is a .350 tip into the "sleeve" so not too sure how well that would work for the R9

You can shim the sleeve. There was a post where another member did it. I am going to try it later this week as well.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wait, does anyone on tour play these? I'm pretty new and have never heard of these b4.

Vijay Singh played the older model of this shaft for a bit in one of his fairway woods. It was purple and black and called "Advanced Shaft Dynamics". They are being tested on the smaller tours currently.

Why does it matter if something isn't on Tour though? Not everybody can pay the big bucks to market a product and get it in to the hands of the big namers. Like I said before, I would put the quality and playability of this shaft against anything I have ever hit before.

I did an I-mix Talamonti version. I had both the regular and the stiff. Both were great and offered benefits either way. I decided to go with the stiff, even though the regular worked very well and was stable enough for faster swing speeds.

Phil is great to work with and really knows his stuff. Talk to him direct for the best fitting.

Phil is great to work with and really knows his stuff. Talk to him direct for the best fitting.

Couldn't agree more with both statements. Both of my driver shafts came out dead on the same in CPM's. That is a testament to their consistency, and his knowledge of his stuff. Plus the ball flight is perfect on both.

wait, does anyone on tour play these? I'm pretty new and have never heard of these b4.

Why does it matter if something isn't on Tour though? Not everybody can pay the big bucks to market a product and get it in to the hands of the big namers. Like I said before, I would put the quality and playability of this shaft against anything I have ever hit before.

For it to be the real deal, it has to be on tour. :partytime2:

I guess that means you aren't the real deal then now doesn't it? ;) Vijay played them, therefore they have been on tour, which is more than you can say for yourself. Is it just your thing to go around and try and wreck as many threads as possible? LPGA thread, Z-Star thread, my Bettinardi buckle, and now this. What is your deal?

If you've got nothing good to say, don't say anything.

Someone takes the time and effort to post an informative review of a product that a lot of us would like to know more about and then people like you decide to post ridiculous (and hugely incorrect) comments.

Well done mate.

email sent hopfully i can find a shaft to cure my spin problem seems my numbers on the monitor can be good but as soon as im on the course the ball either stops where it hits or spins backwards

That is a lot of spin LOL. Good luck. Keep us posted on it.

It is its the most frustrating thing in the world to see a ball mark a few feet in front of the ball on a drive i do know that a lot of it is my swing and i am working on that as well

first of all this guys an idiot but judging from the good things ive been hearing from multiple places these shafts will be on tour

Ping G430 LST 10.5* // Fujikura Speeder NX Green 60 X
Ping G430 Max 15* // Fujikura Speeder NX Green 70 X

Srixon ZX MKII 3H // Fujikura Speeder 904H S
Ping Blueprint S (4-W) // Dynamic Gold S400 Tour Issue
Titleist SM9 50F, 56S, 60L // Dynamic Gold S400 Tour Issue
Byron Morgan DH89

Are you saying your about to test an R9 with a Talamonti in it? :clapping: Oh boy.

well the reason I was curious is I went to a Demo Day Sat and the big 7 were all there. I was able to hit a plethura of drivers and shafts and with what was there OEM the R9 was the best driver for me, with the A4 the 2nd best. The R9 is a .350 tip into the "sleeve" so not too sure how well that would work for the R9

You can shim the sleeve. There was a post where another member did it. I am going to try it later this week as well.

Not just yet, but soon. :D

Are you saying your about to test an R9 with a Talamonti in it? :clapping: Oh boy.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Picked up one of these from a connection.... it's got 2 dots (looks like from sharpie) with a line on the shaft... I'm imagining this is the spine which someone located... is this assumption correct... if so should the shaft be installed with this line facing 12/3/6/9 o'clock... I'm thinking 9 o'clock which would be inline with the face...

Any help would be appreciated....

email sent hopfully i can find a shaft to cure my spin problem seems my numbers on the monitor can be good but as soon as im on the course the ball either stops where it hits or spins backwards

That is a lot of spin LOL. Good luck. Keep us posted on it.

It is its the most frustrating thing in the world to see a ball mark a few feet in front of the ball on a drive i do know that a lot of it is my swing and i am working on that as well

Vijay played the ASD (by Talamonti) PD85 in his 3 wood for 2 years

Picked up one of these from a connection.... it's got 2 dots (looks like from sharpie) with a line on the shaft... I'm imagining this is the spine which someone located... is this assumption correct... if so should the shaft be installed with this line facing 12/3/6/9 o'clock... I'm thinking 9 o'clock which would be inline with the face...

Any help would be appreciated....

Dots facing up/12 o'clock/whatever you want to call it.

William, can you give a comparison versus a Matrix M2 series shaft? You know I'm a kool-aid drinker for Matrix... :D

Haven't hit the PD-70 but the PD-80 does not play like any of the M2 line. I'd say it plays more like a slightly higher launching Code-8.

I have the PD-80 in my 3 wood and love it. Someone in this thread made the comparison of Redboard launch and sub Blueboard spin. That seems like a pretty good way to describe the shaft except that it kicks harder than a Blueboard and is a lot more stable than a Redboard. The feel of the shaft is very smooth but stable, if that makes any kind of sense.

All in all this is an excellent FW shaft. Mid-high launch, spin is on the low side and is very straight.