Hate to do it but...shortgamewizard86

awtryau89

This is a long story and I'll try not to leave out any details. I welcome the mods contacting the member and inviting him to this thread.

Started a deal on the BST with the aforementioned WRXer. I saw he was new but I checked his other ads and saw he had sold a few things so I thought I would give him a shot. Made a deal for Srixon 585s June 9th and asked for a Paypal invoice so I could use Paypal Credit. Paid right away and he contacted me and said the funds were on hold and that it was my fault. I checked with Paypal and they said it was not on my end. In the interim he refunded my money because he said he could not wait on me. I should have dropped this there. Instead I went back to him and said let's try again and see what happens. This time he said the money came through. This was around 5pm EST on the 9th. Immediately after this happened my daughter got in a car wreck and I asked to cancel the deal not knowing what was ahead as far as deductibles, etc. Turns out it was no big deal and she just ran off the road in a rain storm and got stuck. Even so, he said he could not refund my money because he had already transferred to his bank. This is where I started to worry. When I found out my daughters car was fine, I went back to him and told him to ship the irons. I wanted them. He said he would ship Monday June 10th. No PM with tracking Monday. I reach out. He responds and says he cannot ship until my funds clear and it may take 72 hours. I called Paypal and they tell me he is wrong. I respond to him and let him know I spoke to Paypal. He calls Paypal and tells me they say they are reviewing his account and the funds are being held. He does tell me he will ship the irons that day June 11th. No PM with tracking. Radio silence. June 14th he reappears and tells me he had phone issues and will ship the irons the next day and even throw in some shafts he has to make up for the lost time. No PM with tracking. Radio silence since.

Yesterday I filed with Paypal a dispute. Today I am putting this thread out so other members can be aware. My hope is to get the irons but will certainly take a refund as well. First real issue on here after over 300 transactions and over 200 positive feedbacks.

I've had some payments "held" by paypal for some reason I'm not sure. I've had a paypal account for like 10+ years and have over 700 positive feedback on ebay (roughly half of them sales) and still have issues from time to time with them not wanting to release funds right away. I'm not on here spending my last dollar, or selling with no money, so paying for shipping etc out of my own pocket isn't any issue, maybe he couldn't cover the difference and needed the funds to purchase the shipping label, that's the only reason I could see for the delay in not shipping right away.

Epic Speed LS 🔷🔷🔷 9* Hzrdus Hulk Smoke 6.5TX 
X Hot 3 Deep 14.5* Matrix Ozik 8M2 X Flex
Nike Vapor Fly Pro 2 KBS 105X
T-MB 4 PX LS 7.0

Nike VR Pro Combo Pocket Cavity 5 Iron, 6-9 Blades Oban 125X
RTX Zip Core 46 Oban 125X

Vokey 50M KBS Tour 130X

Vokey 54V KBS Tour 130X

Vokey 60M KBS Tour 130X
Champions Choice Newport Plus MMT 135

why would they _"hold"_ the funds the 2nd time but say he already transferred the funds to his bank?

**ADMINS - WE NEED FEEDBACK.** also - how the heck can i search the profile of a member?

• Like 1

Ping G430 MAX Rogue Silver 60S
915F Rogue Black 80S
915H Rogue Black 85S
ZX Utility 4i Recoil F4 110
Srixon ZX5/ZX7 Nippon Modus 120S
SM6 52.08F | 56.08M | 60.10S
Scotty Cameron Mil-Spec 33/350G
restoration on my Mil-Spec

I’ve recently reached the point where I am not even going to consider listing on the BST until lots of things get ironed out. Just too many things that aren’t even close to where they should be/ used to be.

Unfortunate - I’ve listed 3 times since the site “improvements” and none of them have been positive or made me feel comfortable, but I just couldn’t bring myself to go straight to eBay. The BST is a sham right now, and it’s a travesty that the site is still taking money from members to pin ads and to bypass posting requirements, for a broken product. Really puts priorities on display for all to see.

• Like 3

**Driver:** TaylorMade SIM Max 9° **|** Ventus Black 7 Velocore **3wd:** Titleist TS2 15° (C1) **|** Diamana D+ LTD 70 **Hybrid:** Callaway Apex 18° **|** AD-DI 95 **Irons:** Mizuno MP 18 Fli Hi 4 iron **|** AD-DI 95**/** JPX 919 Forged 5-PW **|** Recoil 95 **Wedges:** Vokey SM8 raw 50°F (Handground S), 54°S, 58°M (Handground A) **|** DG Black Onyx **Putters:** Byron Morgan DH 89 WITB: https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1505670/goirish17s-witb-updated-end-of-page-2#latest

> @Yanki01 said:

> why would they _"hold"_ the funds the 2nd time but say he already transferred the funds to his bank?

>

> **ADMINS - WE NEED FEEDBACK.** also - how the heck can i search the profile of a member?

@shortgamewizard86 --- I'll see if this works.

EDIT --- well the member is now tagged and you can click on his profile. I didn't know how else to do it either!

Driver: Titleist TSR2

Fairways: TaylorMade M1 (2017) Aldila Black; Cobra Baffler F6

Irons: Cobra KING Forged Tec Irons Steelfiber i110cw

Wedges: Ping Glide 2.0 54*; Callaway JAWS Full Toe 58*

Putter: Evnroll ER2 

Ball: Srixon Z-Star XV

He was waiting for your funds to deposit into his bank account because you used PayPal credit. What he told you is correct, it takes up to 72 hours and there are additional complications compared to you just funding the transfer (like the hold from the first time). That is a legitimate reason to wait, especially since he already refunded you once and you then requested it a second time.

No comment on the spotty communication. Just chiming in on that part. Hope it works out.

Titleist TSR2 9* Ventus Blue 6X

Ping G410 2H

Ping G400 3H

Mizuno Pro 225 4i-GW

Mizuno T22 54S/58C Blue Ion LE

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 7

I've had a PayPal account since 2003 or 2004. Just recently had a transaction where someone bought an item off of me and PayPal held the funds. It's never happened to me before. I called PayPal and they said they were reviewing his account that it wasn't on my end. He called them and they told him the same thing about me. Said they were reviewing my account and it wasn't on his end. I'm beginning not to trust PayPal so much because they will lie to you in a heartbeat from my latest experiences. Funds were eventually released 24 hours later. I still don't know why they were held and neither does he.

> @Celeras said:

> He was waiting for your funds to deposit into his bank account because you used PayPal credit. What he told you is correct, it takes up to 72 hours and there are additional complications compared to you just funding the transfer (like the hold from the first time). That is a legitimate reason to wait, especially since he already refunded you once and you then requested it a second time.

>

> No comment on the spotty communication. Just chiming in on that part. Hope it works out.

I use PayPal credit often and there's never been an issue with funds being delayed. They've always been instant payment and in the recipient's account. As a matter of fact I used it two days ago, my item will be delivered tomorrow.

When is BST feedback coming back? I read somewhere that by June the sight will go back to more like the "old style", so maybe by then?

Oh wait, I see that message at the top of every page, and it's already June 18, so who knows?

• Like 1

WITB:
Mizuno GT/ST-180 Dr w/ EvenFlow White 6.0 75
Mizuno GT-180 3wd w/ Tensei CK White 75
TM UDI 1, 3 w/ KBS C-Taper Lite S
TM P770 4-PW w/ TT Tour Concept Satin
TM Milled Grind 52* LB and 58* SB
Odyssey O-Works 7S Tank

Well, on June 8th I purchased the same Z585 irons from him. The next day on the 9th, he messaged me to say he refunded my money because the funds were not available for him immediately. I sent the funds over via a linked bank account that I have been using for years. Like you, I still expressed interest in purchasing. But after his next comment - how he needed the funds immediately and PayPal will only make them available if the transaction is not a goods and services transaction - I walked away. Something just didn’t feel right.

OP, I hope it’s made right for you.

Sounds like a guy I dealt with on GCT on Facebook. Bought a TS2 from him, he refunds my money and says it’s being held and won’t clear because his account is frozen from fraud he had on it. He says he’ll send me an invoice to pay. Cool, I figure it’s a PayPal invoice. Guy sends a Microsoft word invoice that’s cobbled together and requests the money via F&F. I turned and ran.

Warned the mods on GCT. No one did anything. Other people got scammed. His name was Perry. Can look up the info if anyone needs it.

> @Celeras said:

> He was waiting for your funds to deposit into his bank account because you used PayPal credit. What he told you is correct, it takes up to 72 hours and there are additional complications compared to you just funding the transfer (like the hold from the first time). That is a legitimate reason to wait, especially since he already refunded you once and you then requested it a second time.

>

> No comment on the spotty communication. Just chiming in on that part. Hope it works out.

Interesting. Oh well. I actually trusted him on this and in our communication he said he would have the funds by the 14th. I waited until then to press him on shipping. Still waiting. I have a sliver of hope that he has shipped and just isn't checking his PMs and they are on the way. Who knows. I researched some of his other threads and contacted a member that had purchased from him before. He said he was slow on shipping because he was from Canada. I do not mind waiting a bit or being patient. I just wish I had some communication.

> @LFreeeman said:

> Well, on June 8th I purchased the same Z585 irons from him. The next day on the 9th, he messaged me to say he refunded my money because the funds were not available for him immediately. I sent the funds over via a linked bank account that I have been using for years. Like you, I still expressed interest in purchasing. But after his next comment - how he needed the funds immediately and PayPal will only make them available if the transaction is not a goods and services transaction - I walked away. Something just didn’t feel right.

> OP, I hope it’s made right for you.

Very interesting. I will keep everyone updated. He has 10 days to respond to PayPal.

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE: My claim was decided this week and I was refunded the money. Paypal took care of me. During the claim, Paypal tried to contact shortgamewizard 3 times and he never responded. I quit trying to communicate with him after the dispute was file to allow Paypal to cover. Anyway, I would say beware of him and anyone new selling stuff from Canada as that was where he was located. I will be happy to provide the name on his Paypal account via PM to anyone questioning who they are dealing with although I would think he would have to change that as well if he starts his shenanigans up again.

Mods feel free to close this one down.